Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

I see more romance in a dinner where you can sit down and talk while enjoying the joy of food together

Can't do that very well if you are 7000 miles away from each other huh?

I'll leave the "joy of food" thing alone. I do not see joy or romance in food but I see much in nature. But then, I am an American.

I guess since my fiance and I have visited almost 10 times and I stayed in the US for 3 months and cooked dinner every night, I have an appreciation of it bringing us together, since around dinner time is when I saw him after work. He enjoys my cooking, so I have joy in that.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I guess since my fiance and I have visited almost 10 times and I stayed in the US for 3 months and cooked dinner every night, I have an appreciation of it bringing us together, since around dinner time is when I saw him after work. He enjoys my cooking, so I have joy in that.

Cool!!!! It would be great if all of us lived so close. My girl is the best cook in the world! :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say! Love comes from different planets. And love is the answer. Who are we to question.

I gave my love flowers on our wedding day. Some say that it is a waste of money. Together, however, we felt the eternal love the flowers represented. When she saw the 99 roses, she knew what it meant, 7000 miles away. That was the point.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* I really wanted the consulate to process my case today so I could send them all my stuff, but alas as of 3 pm they have not. It sucks that the DoS isn't open as late as the NVC. The consulate is still open for 2 more hours but the DoS phone line closed at 3. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that it's in the computer tomorrow, I just want to know my interview date so I can stop watching the clock.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline
... I stayed in the US for 3 months and cooked dinner every night, I have an appreciation of it bringing us together, since around dinner time is when I saw him after work. He enjoys my cooking, so I have joy in that.

They also say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! :D

Do they say that in Canada?

BTW, we are more than twice your age so maybe that explains the difference -- ya think! :lol:

moving right along

... I stayed in the US for 3 months and cooked dinner every night, I have an appreciation of it bringing us together, since around dinner time is when I saw him after work. He enjoys my cooking, so I have joy in that.

They also say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! :D

Do they say that in Canada?

BTW, we are more than twice your age so maybe that explains the difference -- ya think! :lol:

Yup, I've heard that expression numerous times.

And I guess the age thing would make a difference. I'm sure by the time I'm 30+ I'll appreciate flowers :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Where's the romance girls?

MD200732382160518650250015197.jpg

Not much female romance here in the thread huh?

Respectfully disagree :D

I'm a big romantic-or at least I've become one since I met my die-hard romantic fiance who sings me Celine Dion songs in French (and one time-My Heart Will Go On in English :blush: ). He writes me the most beautiful love letters I can imagine and has danced with me many times under the stars with only him humming the music. He is such a sap, and I've totally been sucked in--even though the first time he sang me a love song, I had to keep myself from laughing. Now, though, I've been spoiled by romance, and I love it. Flowers just haven't (yet) played into our romance, so it's not something that I personally associate with romance. But that's just me :)

Oh-Rhiann-I am with you on the food! Love it when my fiance and I cooked together. One of the sweetest things he can say to me is that he can't wait to cook for me everyday.

Also- I don't want flowers at my wedding--I want sticks :

Birch_Branch_Centerpiece.22992441_std.jpg

Minus the flowers at the base :D

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Timeline
I don't want flowers at my wedding

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about in your yard, on your table, anywhere in your life? Do you feel the same about everything from nature? :lol:

idaho.jpg

Idaho State Flower

Syringa

Mock Orange Philadelphus lewisii

The Syringa (Philadelphus lewisii) was designated the state flower of Idaho by the legislature in 1931. It is a branching shrub with clusters of white, fragrant flowers. The blossoms are similar to the mock orange, have four petals, and the flowers grow at the ends of short, leafy branches.

BTW I like rock and sand gardens.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
I don't want flowers at my wedding

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about in your yard, on your table, anywhere in your life? Do you feel the same about everything from nature? :lol:

in nature, yeah. in my yard, ok. just saying that giving flowers (cut) isn't everyone's idea of the ultimate romantic gesture.

event.png

Timeline
just saying that giving flowers (cut) isn't everyone's idea of the ultimate romantic gesture.

I can pretty much say that you are in the minority on this one. :yes::ot2:

Could be. Just stating my opinion :) Rhiann seemed to be in the same boat, so I wanted to give here a backup ;)

event.png

Timeline

So I called USCIS today and asked why I had not got an NOA2 letter. After going through it with "Josh" who said I should wait until I am approved, even after I told him that the NVC had rcvd and then sent out my case, I asked for a supervisor. She was extremely nice and said that she would put through the mailing (seems they had no record of it being mailed in the first place) and she gave me a reference number to track it. Very nice.

moving right along

Timeline
So I called USCIS today and asked why I had not got an NOA2 letter. After going through it with "Josh" who said I should wait until I am approved, even after I told him that the NVC had rcvd and then sent out my case, I asked for a supervisor. She was extremely nice and said that she would put through the mailing (seems they had no record of it being mailed in the first place) and she gave me a reference number to track it. Very nice.

Good! Glad you're getting that sorted out.

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I like to receive flowers. But, I will always choose to have a dinner with my fiance (that he is here) than to receive flowers from long distance, of course :)

On the visa subject: We got out NOA2 on July 23, but NVC did not receive our case yet. That starts worrying me. It looks like 2-3 week is common now for NVC to receive it, at least based on this thread. Still, I did not expect it to be so long...

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.