Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Ceremonial Wedding ~ May 15th, 2010

Our ceremonial wedding was 11/9/2008.

I sent her the traditional 99 roses. We cried together in happiness (and a little despair).

99 Roses, that's expensive.

I'd kick my fiance in the butt if he did that :wacko:

He has better things to spend his money on.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Yeah, they were so cruel to approve some May people then none at all, from the VJ tracked ones anyway.

It gave me false hope :(

Well, I know for sure that you will get yours way before mine. They seem to like Canada :). I am even hoping I get an RFE just so I can see some action.

Ceremonial Wedding ~ May 15th, 2010

Our ceremonial wedding was 11/9/2008.

I sent her the traditional 99 roses. We cried together in happiness (and a little despair).

99 Roses, that's expensive.

I'd kick my fiance in the butt if he did that :wacko:

He has better things to spend his money on.

Yes, its an expensive but sweet gesture.

Edited by Starlight95

I've never actually received flowers from him, but they just die in a few days anyway.

I'd rather fill my stomach with food with the money used to buy flowers :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I've never actually received flowers from him, but they just die in a few days anyway. I'd rather fill my stomach with food with the money used to buy flowers :lol:

Cost: $156.95 delivered

To: My girl 7000 miles away on our ceremonial wedding day

I video called her and she said wait a moment, someone is at the door. This is what I saw when she came back - PRICELESS:

post-49313-1249590746_thumb.png

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

I've never understood why flowers signify long lasting love and the such.

Flowers only live for like 2 weeks, max.

And my fiance's far from traditional, so I guess I don't understand that kind of stuff.

I just can't justify him even spending 20 dollars on flowers.

Edited by Rhiann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Flowers are pretty, sure, but I'm with you Rhiann. Never understood the connection.

Question-Do you guys think NVC would possibly send out my petition the day after receiving it? I know it's unlikely, but I just saw that something else went out to Dakar, and I'm itching to call again. I also don't want to become too annoying....

event.png

Timeline
I've never understood why flowers signify long lasting love and the such. Flowers only live for like 2 weeks, max. And my fiance's far from traditional, so I guess I don't understand that kind of stuff. I just can't justify him even spending 20 dollars on flowers.

Ah to be 21 again like Rhiann.

I send flowers on Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries. The point is not "flowers only live for like 2 weeks, max" but so you know:

It has become customary to give the gift of fresh Flowers to the opposite sex on almost any occasion. In times of illness and death, Flowers are given regardless of gender. The gift of Flowers to couples is customary for such occasions as Weddings, Anniversaries and Holidays. Many men buy Flowers for their favorite woman on a weekly basis to show their love and affection.

Flowers have fascinated mankind throughout history because of their varied beauty and fragrances. The Customs and Traditions associated with Flowers go back beyond recorded history. Perhaps the oldest Custom; more than 50,000 years, is the placing of Flowers on the grave of a loved one as a sign of remembrance and respect.

In addition to the Customs associated with Flowers, there is also their symbology. Almost every human emotion can be expressed with the selection of the proper Flower. The first book written on the subject was "Le Language des Fleurs" in 1819 by Madame Charlotte de la Tour (Louise Cortambert). The most popular resource on this subject remains a book published in 1884 by Kate Greenaway: "Language of Flowers".

In the United States today, Flowers are most often given for the following occasions:

Births and Birthdays

Weddings

Anniversaries

Reminders of Love

Valentine's Day

Christmas

Illness

Death

Flowers are worn as corsages by women and boutonnieres by men for very special "dress-up" occasions.

The National Flower of the United States is the Rose.

moving right along

I guess I just think flowers are too expensive.

I'd accept potted flowers to plant outside though, then it'd be like taking care of that thought someone put into picking it out for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
I've never understood why flowers signify long lasting love and the such. Flowers only live for like 2 weeks, max. And my fiance's far from traditional, so I guess I don't understand that kind of stuff. I just can't justify him even spending 20 dollars on flowers.

Ah to be 21 again like Rhiann.

I send flowers on Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries. The point is not "flowers only live for like 2 weeks, max" but so you know:

It has become customary to give the gift of fresh Flowers to the opposite sex on almost any occasion. In times of illness and death, Flowers are given regardless of gender. The gift of Flowers to couples is customary for such occasions as Weddings, Anniversaries and Holidays. Many men buy Flowers for their favorite woman on a weekly basis to show their love and affection.

Flowers have fascinated mankind throughout history because of their varied beauty and fragrances. The Customs and Traditions associated with Flowers go back beyond recorded history. Perhaps the oldest Custom; more than 50,000 years, is the placing of Flowers on the grave of a loved one as a sign of remembrance and respect.

In addition to the Customs associated with Flowers, there is also their symbology. Almost every human emotion can be expressed with the selection of the proper Flower. The first book written on the subject was "Le Language des Fleurs" in 1819 by Madame Charlotte de la Tour (Louise Cortambert). The most popular resource on this subject remains a book published in 1884 by Kate Greenaway: "Language of Flowers".

In the United States today, Flowers are most often given for the following occasions:

Births and Birthdays

Weddings

Anniversaries

Reminders of Love

Valentine's Day

Christmas

Illness

Death

Flowers are worn as corsages by women and boutonnieres by men for very special "dress-up" occasions.

The National Flower of the United States is the Rose.

I can definitely appreciate the beauty of the gesture. It's funny how that doesn't translate to all cultures, though. Lamine has given me some beautiful, amazing gifts and surprises but I don't think it would ever cross his mind to send flowers-nor would I really want him to. In the context of "us," it holds no real significance. I think it's wonderful when both parties really understand and appreciate the gesture, though. It's just never really been my thing.

event.png

Flowers are pretty, sure, but I'm with you Rhiann. Never understood the connection.

Question-Do you guys think NVC would possibly send out my petition the day after receiving it? I know it's unlikely, but I just saw that something else went out to Dakar, and I'm itching to call again. I also don't want to become too annoying....

I just called NVC about mine, and the guy who answered the phone said that they receive the case, send it for an FBI check and then send it on. "We don't have it for long at all". But I think if you call NVC and they tell you it's not left, then it probably hasn't.

Ours is still waiting, but it's only been there since July 29.

Good luck!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

I see more romance in a dinner where you can sit down and talk while enjoying the joy of food together :)

Even if it's just pizza :lol:'

My fiance and I connect more through food than anything.

Edited by Rhiann

Timeline
I can definitely appreciate the beauty of the gesture. It's funny how that doesn't translate to all cultures, though. Lamine has given me some beautiful, amazing gifts and surprises but I don't think it would ever cross his mind to send flowers-nor would I really want him to. In the context of "us," it holds no real significance. I think it's wonderful when both parties really understand and appreciate the gesture, though. It's just never really been my thing.

You can appreciate it because you are American and know this stuff. I have a hard time believing those who say flowers are pretty useless. Yet they must have them at their wedding, in their yard, on their dress... I have given gifts to my girl that she looks at funny, different culture (the oldest civilization on Earth).

I know that some other country's people don't see the point but a fragrant, beautiful thing such as a flower is a wonderful reminder to your loved one that you want them to be happy, they are loved, and that the beauty in a natural grown object is something to remember. Not everything is about money and manufactured goods, sometimes the most beautiful thing is growing from the earth and we should never forget that.

Oops, am I ranting?

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
I see more romance in a dinner where you can sit down and talk while enjoying the joy of food together

Can't do that very well if you are 7000 miles away from each other huh?

I'll leave the "joy of food" thing alone. I do not see joy or romance in food but I see much in nature. But then, I am an American.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.