Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

This morning I was awaiting the mail lady in the courtyard and when she came she asked me, why are you out here waiting every day? I said it was a visa thing with my fiancee. I was waiting for notices from the DHS. She looked over the mail and, nothing today as she handed me the mail. Right there on top it was! I held it up to her to see and said, Department of Homeland Security... WOO-HOO! I danced a little jig as she smiled broadly. She said that her family came here from Puerto Rico so she knew the joy I was feeling. She congratulated me on the NOA2 hard copy. After she left the yard she was halfway down the street and yelled back to me CONGRATULATIONS with an upheld fist and a big smile. Nice.

moving right along

Congrats ashen!!! Now you really get to celebrate when you see your fiance soon!!! YAY!!!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

This morning I was awaiting the mail lady in the courtyard and when she came she asked me, why are you out here waiting every day? I said it was a visa thing with my fiancee. I was waiting for notices from the DHS. She looked over the mail and, nothing today as she handed me the mail. Right there on top it was! I held it up to her to see and said, Department of Homeland Security... WOO-HOO! I danced a little jig as she smiled broadly. She said that her family came here from Puerto Rico so she knew the joy I was feeling. She congratulated me on the NOA2 hard copy. After she left the yard she was halfway down the street and yelled back to me CONGRATULATIONS with an upheld fist and a big smile. Nice.

haha! that's cute

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi

I already got NOA2 aprroved date 16 of July,09

Now i'm waiting for the case number from NVC.

How long we need wait?

Anybody get it? :whistle:

my timeline

sent I-129F - 1 Apr,09

Noa1 - 7 Apr,09

Noa2 - 16 Jul,09

now waiting for case no.

Edited by ponka

Timeline
hi

How long we need wait?

my timeline

sent I-129F - 1 Apr,09

Noa1 - 7 Apr,09

Noa2 - 16 Jul,09

now waiting for case no.

Nothing here at NVC either, NOA2 on 7/16

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hi

How long we need wait?

my timeline

sent I-129F - 1 Apr,09

Noa1 - 7 Apr,09

Noa2 - 16 Jul,09

now waiting for case no.

Did you call the NVC or are you waiting on the hard copy to come in the mail?

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
hi

How long we need wait?

my timeline

sent I-129F - 1 Apr,09

Noa1 - 7 Apr,09

Noa2 - 16 Jul,09

now waiting for case no.

Nothing here at NVC either, NOA2 on 7/16

Nice of you to send me an abusive private message EndoftheRoad.....

K-1 Visa Timeline

{April 3 2009 }-- Mailed packet to CSC via Priority Mail

{April 6 2009 }-- Received at CSC

{April 7 2009 }-- Cheque cashed

{April 8 2009 }-- NOA1 issued

{April 12 2009 }-- NOA1 Received

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch was the NOA2!

{July 28 2009 }-- NVC Received Case

{Aug 10 2009 }-- Packet 3 sent

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 12 2009 }-- Going to have Medical in London

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Oct 23 2009 }-- Sent away for Police clearance

{Nov 20 2009 }-- Received Police Clearance certificate

{Nov 24 2009 }-- Embassy Courier Collected Police Clearance and Passport

{Nov 30 2009 }-- Passport and Police Clearance qualified by Embassy

{Dec 8 2009 }-- Visa Issued

{Dec 10 2009 }-- Visa received in Belfast!

{Dec 14 2009 }-- Went through Immigration in Dublin and arrived in Indiana!

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

{Apr 1 2010 }-- Sent AOS, EAD and AP package

{Apr 12 2010 }-- NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

{May 12 2010 }-- Biometrics Appointment

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that EAD card had been ordered

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that AP had been approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Ok, I'm going to hope that we don't end up in another argument on this forum....

For the sake of changing the subject, do you guys know what kind of food you're serving at your wedding? I really want family style-and I want Senegalese food. I REALLY want everyone to eat with their hands, but I realize that probably won't fly.

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Formal warning for everyone to stop the personal attcks. I will be reviewing the activity that has occured in the next few hours and react accordingly.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Ok, I'm going to hope that we don't end up in another argument on this forum....

For the sake of changing the subject, do you guys know what kind of food you're serving at your wedding? I really want family style-and I want Senegalese food. I REALLY want everyone to eat with their hands, but I realize that probably won't fly.

Eating food with your hands is awesome.

I'd totally make my guests do it if I wanted them to... or they can starve :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

haha....I should, rhiann. My mom's side of the family is still proper old-school European, so they would not be big fans. Forks and knives for everyone!

I think I'll ease them all into the whole intercultural relationship thing and not overwhelm them on the first go :P

event.png

haha....I should, rhiann. My mom's side of the family is still proper old-school European, so they would not be big fans. Forks and knives for everyone!

I think I'll ease them all into the whole intercultural relationship thing and not overwhelm them on the first go :P

Hm, what about offering cutlery if they're not comfortable with eating with their hands?

And don't forget the wet naps, lols.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Hm, what about offering cutlery if they're not comfortable with eating with their hands?

And don't forget the wet naps, lols.

haha-I should have a BYOC- bring your own cutlery note on the invitations. If you don't bring your own, then you have to eat with your hands!

event.png

Timeline
do you guys know what kind of food you're serving at your wedding? I really want family style-and I want Senegalese food. I REALLY want everyone to eat with their hands, but I realize that probably won't fly.

You'd be surprised at how eating with your hands is fine once everyone is hungry enough. :D

What exactly is "Senegalese" food? Do people in Senegal not use any utensils? Or is that an Idaho thing (jk!)?

We are doing a restaurant smaller reception so we will have a banquet style thing with appetizers first. Bride wants the gig in the USA to be USA food so prob chicken/fish, potatoes, veggies, bread, etc. Cash bar.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.