Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Well we're not traditional in the sense that we're not getting married in a church, we're hoping to not have the reception in a regular 'hall' type of place, the reception is 6 months later, we're not having a bridal party or flower girl or ring bearer, we're having a small guest list, and not asking for gifts, not doing a garter toss thing. There's nothing wrong with choosing to wear a white or ivory dress, and there are many things that can make a wedding traditional, or not.

As for progress... there is none for us. lol Well, I sent off for the long for birth certificate online last night... it will probably arrive while I'm gone, which would be fine. Still no touches or anything on our case, but I'm not expecting any for another 2-3 weeks, so I guess that's ok...

My long form birth certificate arrived by Purolator.

I think they require your signature for it.

Just in case, you better write and sign a letter saying your mother or someone else in your family can pick it up, since I don't know their policy on others picking up your packages.

I don't live with my parents, but I can ask if one of my roommates can. I just got the 15 business day service, not the 5. Do you think that makes a difference?

I got the regular shipment and mine came in a few days.

But from what I know, if you're not there to sign for it, or if no one else is, you have to go to your closest Purolator office and pick it up, and they'll only hold it for so long. I remember I had to go 30 minutes away to go pick mine up.

So I'm sure if one of your roommates will be there that day, they can probably sign for it. I've also heard that if you miss the house drop off, you can call them to get it re-dropped off when someone's home.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Well we're not traditional in the sense that we're not getting married in a church, we're hoping to not have the reception in a regular 'hall' type of place, the reception is 6 months later, we're not having a bridal party or flower girl or ring bearer, we're having a small guest list, and not asking for gifts, not doing a garter toss thing. There's nothing wrong with choosing to wear a white or ivory dress, and there are many things that can make a wedding traditional, or not.

As for progress... there is none for us. lol Well, I sent off for the long for birth certificate online last night... it will probably arrive while I'm gone, which would be fine. Still no touches or anything on our case, but I'm not expecting any for another 2-3 weeks, so I guess that's ok...

Just in case, you better write and sign a letter saying your mother or someone else in your family can pick it up, since I don't know their policy on others picking up your packages.

I don't live with my parents, but I can ask if one of my roommates can. I just got the 15 business day service, not the 5. Do you think that makes a difference?

But from what I know, if you're not there to sign for it, or if no one else is, you have to go to your closest Purolator office and pick it up, and they'll only hold it for so long. I remember I had to go 30 minutes away to go pick mine up.

So I'm sure if one of your roommates will be there that day, they can probably sign for it. I've also heard that if you miss the house drop off, you can call them to get it re-dropped off when someone's home.

Yeah, I'm NEVER home when mail comes, because I work days Mon-Fri. The Purolator office in our city is way across on the other side (probably about 30 mins too). It's kind of annoying. lol I've had to go out there to pick stuff up before. Will it have to be ME that is at home to get it? I can understand that it would need to be ME that picks it up if it goes to the purolator office, but that is what I could write a letter for, right?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Yeah, I'm NEVER home when mail comes, because I work days Mon-Fri. The Purolator office in our city is way across on the other side (probably about 30 mins too). It's kind of annoying. lol I've had to go out there to pick stuff up before. Will it have to be ME that is at home to get it? I can understand that it would need to be ME that picks it up if it goes to the purolator office, but that is what I could write a letter for, right?

I think if it's being delivered, it doesn't have to be you. I've signed for my mom and dad before when Purolator comes.

But if it's not you picking it up, I'd write a letter just to be safe.

Maybe you can email Purolator or check their FAQs just to double check.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Random question--but do I need to get my fiance's passport translated???

Everything has to be translated in to English

grrrr....I'll have to get Lamine to make a copy of his passport and identity card to send to me so that I can get those translated as well.....

event.png

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THIS IN MY EMAIL!!!!!!!!

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 3, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

HAHAH OMG this sucks that I'm not with my fiance right now, cause we could freak out together, but instead I'm stuck at work having to hold it in! though I did go OMG!!!! Out loud, and threw my hands up in the air cheering.. HAH!

Edited by ashenflowers

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On August 3, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I knew it would come! Now hurry up and get on that plane so you can kiss your fiance again!

seriously so happy for, ashen :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THIS IN MY EMAIL!!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

HAHAH OMG this sucks that I'm not with my fiance right now, cause we could freak out together, but instead I'm stuck at work having to hold it in! though I did go OMG!!!! Out loud, and threw my hands up in the air cheering.. HAH!

OMG GIRL! Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

Congratulations!

I'm jealous :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

Congrats!! :dance::dance:

I am sure its sooner than you expected.

Edited by Starlight95

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

Congrats!! :dance::dance:

I am sure its sooner than you expected.

It's totally sooner than expected! lol I was all ready to wait another 3 weeks at least! I think there are a lot of people getting them sooner than they expect! This was a shock though!

They are going SO FAST!! You guys will get yours soon, I can tell!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
It's totally sooner than expected! lol I was all ready to wait another 3 weeks at least! I think there are a lot of people getting them sooner than they expect! This was a shock though! They are going SO FAST!!

Complete congrats from my heart to you and yours. Yes, soooo fast! The waiting game continues but step-by-step we are all getting closer to being together with our loved ones for good.

moving right along

It's totally sooner than expected! lol I was all ready to wait another 3 weeks at least! I think there are a lot of people getting them sooner than they expect! This was a shock though! They are going SO FAST!!

Complete congrats from my heart to you and yours. Yes, soooo fast! The waiting game continues but step-by-step we are all getting closer to being together with our loved ones for good.

Thank you!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*heart attack*

YAY!!!!! How exciting!!!

Congratz :dance:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.