Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I was...but now waiting on the interview seems to be taking forever. I know its not actually but it does feel like it. *sigh*

I am sure the interview will come soon. You made it through the hardest part of the whole process that is the NOA2. Just hang in there.

Lol. I know, I really shouldn't complain. Another of our months filers from Canada as well found out her petition is stuck at CSC under FBI checks on her fiance. I keep praying for her that they move her petition along soon because I know its very hard on her. All good things come in time right? I just can't wait to be with my honey again, and I'm sure you all know the feeling :D

ashen sweety, is there any way your mom could email or fax it to you again? Deep breaths, at least on the plus side the BC's dont take forever to come, only about 2 weeks, and with how Montreal is scheduling you have a little bit of time even if you get your NOA2 while on your visit.

Curious, why does it get stuck there for some in FBI checks or AP and not others. Is it case by case basis? Or do they pick people randomly.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I was...but now waiting on the interview seems to be taking forever. I know its not actually but it does feel like it. *sigh*

I am sure the interview will come soon. You made it through the hardest part of the whole process that is the NOA2. Just hang in there.

Lol. I know, I really shouldn't complain. Another of our months filers from Canada as well found out her petition is stuck at CSC under FBI checks on her fiance. I keep praying for her that they move her petition along soon because I know its very hard on her. All good things come in time right? I just can't wait to be with my honey again, and I'm sure you all know the feeling :D

ashen sweety, is there any way your mom could email or fax it to you again? Deep breaths, at least on the plus side the BC's dont take forever to come, only about 2 weeks, and with how Montreal is scheduling you have a little bit of time even if you get your NOA2 while on your visit.

Curious, why does it get stuck there for some in AP and not others. Is it case by case basis? Or do they pick people randomly.

Its a bit of both I think. They do quite a few at different stages for certain reasons (common names etc etc) but them some are picked randomly as well because they have to make it all seem like its fair and that anyone could be pulled. Doesn't really convince me, but thats what I have heard.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
What kind of ring are we guys going to get from you girls? Ya know, we get a ring too, right? What are you going to get your guy?

My ex-wife bought me a braided white gold wedding band that I will have melted down, and redesigned.

My question was for the women here. You are going to melt down your prior wedding ring for this marriage? Is Leidys cool with that? Maybe wait until she can get you a ring later. I did that with my prior marriage. Makes it more binding if you know what I mean. Do you think she will feel that your old marriage is on your finger and not the one she has with you?

Those are some very good questions. Maybe, I'll just melt down the old ring and wear it on my right hand instead. I can probably find something really original down in Colombia, and I can take the old one with me and trade it in - since its' white gold. I've never gotten remarried, so this is all new territory for me. Thanks for the insight, though. YOU DA MAN!! :dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :dance:

Good to see that ALL the men didn't get banned or scared out of the April thread. APRIL THREAD. So much noise from others that it is hard to keep in touch with those of us who started and nurtured this thread.

Recycling the ring is great and you took it in exactly the way I meant. If Leidys is a GREEN thinker then she might love the idea for her. Never been remarried either and really, if you are the one putting it on her finger, she will treasure it forever.

Is she getting you a ring?

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Everyone-the dresses are beautiful!!!! I absolutely love them!

Ashenflowers-so glad you found the information for getting your birth certificate! Now you'll have that ready to go when it's time to send in your stuff for packet 3! :thumbs:

Lisa-Dunken Donuts sounds AMAZING! Too bad we don't have one here. :ranting: (loving the little faces)

Rhiann-I don't think 600 is too much-it's the one time that you can dress up like a total princess and not get funny looks.

event.png

Timeline
Rhiann-I don't think 600 is too much-it's the one time that you can dress up like a total princess and not get funny looks.

Its like you read my mind. You definately deserve to look and feel like a princess, and that dress is so pretty (I love the espresso color too btw, if I get one with a colored trim its a choice between that or the cherry red)

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I've just spent the last hour pouring over semi-weddingish dress photos and now I just feel really confused, I think I like them but I don't really know what I like anymore. Who knew theres was such a huge market for a dress that a girl will only buy one of in her entire life (well hopefully). I get so caught up in the timelines I forget that the point of all this is that theres a wedding on the other end, well hopefully a marriage too.

I've definatly decided to wear a dress however. My fiance is going to blame all of you for him not be allowed to go in blue jeans anymore :lol:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline
So I've just spent the last hour pouring over semi-weddingish dress photos and now I just feel really confused, I think I like them but I don't really know what I like anymore. Who knew theres was such a huge market for a dress that a girl will only buy one of in her entire life (well hopefully). I get so caught up in the timelines I forget that the point of all this is that theres a wedding on the other end, well hopefully a marriage too.

I've definatly decided to wear a dress however. My fiance is going to blame all of you for him not be allowed to go in blue jeans anymore :lol:

:thumbs: Good! You have to post pictures when you find one you like!!!

event.png

:lol:

That's funny!! I definitely think you should dress up a little bit though. Don't have to go all out, but something a little nicer than t-shirt/jeans. :) It's a special day! Even if you are just going to the courthouse, or whatever. We were going to get married at the courthouse, which I was ok with, but my fiance decided we should go a little fancier, and we can have our officiant go anywhere around town that we want. You should look into doing that. Where exactly are you getting married? Sorry if you've already mentioned it and I forget. I have a lot of info flowing in my head right now.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

That's funny!! I definitely think you should dress up a little bit though. Don't have to go all out, but something a little nicer than t-shirt/jeans. :) It's a special day! Even if you are just going to the courthouse, or whatever. We were going to get married at the courthouse, which I was ok with, but my fiance decided we should go a little fancier, and we can have our officiant go anywhere around town that we want. You should look into doing that. Where exactly are you getting married? Sorry if you've already mentioned it and I forget. I have a lot of info flowing in my head right now.

Were getting married in Kansas. It's just going to be us two and my daughter and possibly his kids. If my parents decide to get on board we might do something in Edmonton next summer. But for now just small town Kansas.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline

ashenflowers-that's a good idea! Lamine and I are doing the courthouse ceremony too (or are we?), but then we were going to have a ceremony for my family a few months later. We will probably get married within a week or so of having him here so we can start on the AOS paperwork.

Jauque--you can still wear a pretty white dress in small town Kansas :)

The dress I'm currently loving:

j1091lumermaid-wedding-dress.jpg

event.png

Timeline

oh thats really cute attaya! Mermaid styles are so pretty! I love the lacework on that, very sophisticated.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.