William33

Why wait for packet 3?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have the main forms printed already, the ones with info that won´t change, names, addresses, etc. I´m leaving out some things though, to fill in later. Also, Rio´s consulate seems to have old forms at the moment, and missing forms, so I guess I´ll have to wait for packet 3 to complete whatever new thing they might be asking for.

But at least by having example forms filled out, I can just re-fill the ones from the package, either way I can do all in one day.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I await the NOA2, I already have packet 3 documents formatted, filled out and ready to go.

I am talking about DS-230 part 1&2, DS-156 and DS-156K, DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026, Police reports, Birth certificates, G-325A's Divorce decree, I-134 affidavit etc, etc..

The required filing documents vary by Embassy, but you should be able to learn what they are at the Embassy site that applies to you.

My Fiance and I have worked very hard to get all this documentation ready, so that the rest of the process will be faster.

When I called the Embassy, they sent me all of the forms. I suggest everyone get this piece done now, it will save you time in the long run.

Why wait until the Embassy forwards the Docs after NVC approval? You could submit the next day.... That could shave a month from the process.

Just a thought.

While that might be fine & dandy at your Consulate, some require additional forms that are only included in packet 3 and cannot be 'ordered'. For example... the Montreal Consulate requires that a checklist that they send you be sent back, and it's personalized with your name etc... Also, one of the doctors that does your medical in Toronto requires you packet 3 letter.

By what you are saying, having certain forms ready is all you need to do, which is not correct, regardless of where you worked before.

First of all, had you clearly read my post, I indicated that U.S. Embassy policy varies by county. I quote:

" The required filing documents vary by Embassy, but you should be able to learn what they are at the Embassy site that applies to you."

Further, the following applies to everyone: DS-230 part 1&2, DS-156 and DS-156K, DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026, Police reports, Birth certificates, G-325A's Divorce decree, I-134

I offered this information as a heads up, to expedite your process. If you choose to wait, well, your loss mate. I was trying to help, despite where I have worked before! My Fiance K-1 Visa will generate within a week of the NVC release. You?

Yes, getting the forms ready ahead of time is a good idea, suggesting that they be sent in the day after approval isn't. (IMO & I may be reading it wrong, I've bolded it above).

How is it that your Visa will be generated within a week of leaving the NVC?

As for me... I'm done with that stage ;)

Regarding the forms, you can pull them down from the State Department website if your particular Embassy will not send them to you.

In my case, dropping the packet 3 off the next day after the NVC telex makes sense, here is why:

At this particular Embassy, it is all done in person:

1.) You hand carry the documents in for screening - if prepared properly and complete - then,

2.) They will schedule an interview, typically within 2-3 days, if successful in the interview - then,

3.) They will advise you to collect the passport with visa, typically within 48 hours.

Every case is different. I did my homework and learned all of this information. Of course, I lived in that country before and had the opportunity to speak to Consular Officers in person. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It makes sense if your Embassy can do that but the majority of people on here are going through ones that you can't (Canada, UK, Phililpines, Russia, etc).

You should include your Embassy in your profile/timeline to help those that are also going through there in case they do a search for it, or include it in the Embassy Info up top in the blue tabs. :thumbs:

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

This might be a stupid question but what are forms DS-2053, DS-3024, and Ds-3026? When looking at the forms that arrive from the London embassy in packet 3 I cant find any of those there. and why do we have to submit our G-325A's again? surely they already have all that info from the original visa app? or do they just ask for it again?

K-1 timeline:

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-04-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-08-21

NVC Received : 2006-09-09

NVC Left : 2006-09-15

Consulate Received : 2006-09-21

Packet 3 Received : 2006-09-28

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-10-02

Interview Date :2006-10-24

Visa Recieved: 2006-10-27

US Entry: 2006-10-31

Marriage: 2006-11-05

AOS Timeline:

I-485 sent: 2006-11-06

NOA Date: 2006-11-14

Touched: 2006-11-15

Touched: 2006-11-16

Touched: 2006-11-17

Bio Date: 2006-11-28

EAD Timeline:

I-765 sent: 2006-11-06

NOA Date: 2006-11-14

Touched: 2006-11-15

Bio Date: 2006-11-28

This might be a stupid question but what are forms DS-2053, DS-3024, and Ds-3026? When looking at the forms that arrive from the London embassy in packet 3 I cant find any of those there. and why do we have to submit our G-325A's again? surely they already have all that info from the original visa app? or do they just ask for it again?

If you have packet 3 from London in the hand, just follow those intructions.

Forms DS-2053, DS-3024, and DS-3026 are medical history and physical examination documents. They would go to the examining physician, if applicable to your case.

I cannot stress enough that each Embassy has different requirements. Do heavy research on your particular Embassies website.

We have been preparing forms ahead of time too... Be aware though that you may need to update some of the forms if it takes a while for the NOA2... the Affidavit of Support is going to need to supply current financial info... also be aware of this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=18753&hl=

Jen

My fiance calle dthe London embassyto get packet 3 ahead of time & they told him she had nothing on her records yet cause we dont have a case number yet? She said as soon as they get the case number packet 3 forms are sent out in 7 days.

Did you get yours from London, Jen?

We're going through Frankfurt as David lives in Germany... we've just been working off of the info on the Embassy's web site for now...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

We have been preparing forms ahead of time too... Be aware though that you may need to update some of the forms if it takes a while for the NOA2... the Affidavit of Support is going to need to supply current financial info... also be aware of this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=18753&hl=

Jen

My fiance calle dthe London embassyto get packet 3 ahead of time & they told him she had nothing on her records yet cause we dont have a case number yet? She said as soon as they get the case number packet 3 forms are sent out in 7 days.

Did you get yours from London, Jen?

Sorry, No.

I checked on the London Embassy site for information and the forms. No go. That website sucks.

I will try to find a good site for the forms.

See if you can get someone friendly on the phone at the U.S. Embassy in London and ask if they can advise what forms you might need. Usually, they have a checklist, perhaps they could e-mail that to you? That is not asking too much.

Edited by William33

Filed: Timeline
See if you can get someone friendly on the phone at the U.S. Embassy in London and ask if they can advise what forms you might need. Usually, they have a checklist, perhaps they could e-mail that to you? That is not asking too much.

i found a helpful list on here.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

It says:

The forms:

DS-230-I Part I

DS-156 x2 (Full out online to generate barcode http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...electronic.html - Add photo to each, do not sign)

DS-156K (Do not sign)

DS-157 (Male only)

IV-15 Checklist

Information on how to book your London medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Although I await the NOA2, I already have packet 3 documents formatted, filled out and ready to go.

I am talking about DS-230 part 1&2, DS-156 and DS-156K, DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026, Police reports, Birth certificates, G-325A's Divorce decree, I-134 affidavit etc, etc..

The required filing documents vary by Embassy, but you should be able to learn what they are at the Embassy site that applies to you.

My Fiance and I have worked very hard to get all this documentation ready, so that the rest of the process will be faster.

When I called the Embassy, they sent me all of the forms. I suggest everyone get this piece done now, it will save you time in the long run.

Why wait until the Embassy forwards the Docs after NVC approval? You could submit the next day.... That could shave a month from the process.

Just a thought.

While that might be fine & dandy at your Consulate, some require additional forms that are only included in packet 3 and cannot be 'ordered'. For example... the Montreal Consulate requires that a checklist that they send you be sent back, and it's personalized with your name etc... Also, one of the doctors that does your medical in Toronto requires you packet 3 letter.

By what you are saying, having certain forms ready is all you need to do, which is not correct, regardless of where you worked before.

First of all, had you clearly read my post, I indicated that U.S. Embassy policy varies by county. I quote:

" The required filing documents vary by Embassy, but you should be able to learn what they are at the Embassy site that applies to you."

Further, the following applies to everyone: DS-230 part 1&2, DS-156 and DS-156K, DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026, Police reports, Birth certificates, G-325A's Divorce decree, I-134

I offered this information as a heads up, to expedite your process. If you choose to wait, well, your loss mate. I was trying to help, despite where I have worked before! My Fiance K-1 Visa will generate within a week of the NVC release. You?

Wait a minute.... What are these forms? DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026???? My Fiance just got her packet 3 and there was no mention of these three forms. She is going through the New Delhi consulate.

Just a thought.

Wait a minute.... What are these forms? DS-2053, DS-3024, Ds-3026???? My Fiance just got her packet 3 and there was no mention of these three forms. She is going through the New Delhi consulate.

Follow the instructions provided with your packet 3.

Forms DS-2053, DS-3024, and DS-3026 are medical history and physical examination documents. They would go to the examining physician, if applicable to your case.

In some countries, authorized doctors may have the forms or maybe don't use them at all.

I cannot stress enough that each Embassy has different requirements. Do heavy research on your particular Embassies website.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe I have this wrong - but unless you are prepared to declare your country - how can your advice help anyone? Why the big secret :unsure:

Anyone whose joined VJ would have already prepared their DS-230 pt2 anyway. And unless I am mistaken what would be the point of completing a DS-156 unless you need a non-immigrant visa? :blink:

I seem to be missing something - or maybe I'm just confused :wacko:

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Maybe I have this wrong - but unless you are prepared to declare your country - how can your advice help anyone? Why the big secret :unsure:

Anyone whose joined VJ would have already prepared their DS-230 pt2 anyway. And unless I am mistaken what would be the point of completing a DS-156 unless you need a non-immigrant visa? :blink:

You submitted an I-130, totally different from a I-129-F. When the beneficiary of a K-1 arrives in the U.S. they are in non-immigrant status, after the marriage you apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS), then you are an converted to immigrant status. This is why you need both immigrant and non-immigrant forms.

As far as my country, it is USA. My Fiance's country of origin is irrelevant to the advice that I have offered.

Believe it or not, there are USCIS people on this forum and others who may not appreciate certain comments. I won't take any chances of compromising my K-1 process.

You submitted an I-130, totally different from a I-129-F. When the beneficiary of a K-1 arrives in the U.S. they are in non-immigrant status, after the marriage you apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS), then you are an converted to immigrant status. This is why you need both immigrant and non-immigrant forms.

As far as my country, it is USA. My Fiance's country of origin is irrelevant to the advice that I have offered.

Believe it or not, there are USCIS people on this forum and others who may not appreciate certain comments. I won't take any chances of compromising my K-1 process.

No thoughts on that? Why not? I am not paranoid, but some caution should be observed. No?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

William,

I did most of the things you have written about plus tracking packages from NVC. Read my threads right here under this section. Of course it works with most US Embassy’s but not all. :thumbs:

Regards,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yeah, I told my fiance to call Embassy in Argentina...yeah, baddddd choice. They were neither nice nor helpful. First of all, they CHARGED him(yes you read correctly) just to say "Please wait until NOA2". Talk about treating us like children!! :angry:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.