alize

Attorney for the removing conditions

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.I have been reading this forum over a year.it helped me a lot so far.now its time to remove my conditions on my green card but i have a question.I am planning to send my document with my attorney but I am gonna prepaire everything ready and go and give him the package.and the reason that I am thinking of doing this is one day they put our mails into another mail box by mistake and we got it when we went to pay the rent to the leasing office so I am very worried that this may happen again.I know that it is not necessary in removing cond. cases to do with an attorney but since they are getting a cpoy of everything i would think that if I dont get the papers my attorney will get it and let me know.

what do you guys think?

is there any other way of doing this just to make sure i get the mails on time cos I dont wanna risk mailing get lost in another box and not having it.or do you guys think that one i send the papers is there any way of regist.to the website and follow up the case status like do you guys know they you are getting the letter for fingerprint on the updates.?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi everybody.I have been reading this forum over a year.it helped me a lot so far.now its time to remove my conditions on my green card but i have a question.I am planning to send my document with my attorney but I am gonna prepaire everything ready and go and give him the package.and the reason that I am thinking of doing this is one day they put our mails into another mail box by mistake and we got it when we went to pay the rent to the leasing office so I am very worried that this may happen again.I know that it is not necessary in removing cond. cases to do with an attorney but since they are getting a cpoy of everything i would think that if I dont get the papers my attorney will get it and let me know.

what do you guys think?

is there any other way of doing this just to make sure i get the mails on time cos I dont wanna risk mailing get lost in another box and not having it.or do you guys think that one i send the papers is there any way of regist.to the website and follow up the case status like do you guys know they you are getting the letter for fingerprint on the updates.?

I share your same worry. The good thing about using the attorney is they getting everything. My attorney receives the letters one day before me.

My apartment complex mail get mixed up all the time. I've had that happen to me in the PO box I have at the post office also. Maybe you can negotiate a lower rate with your attorney just to do that. I think it's a good idea to be on the safe side.

The online update has been moving really slow. I already have my interview scheduled and still can't see anything online.

Good luck to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/2012 - Mailed N-400

04/11/2012 - Bio Appt

04/26/2012 - Rcvd interview letter

05/31/2012 - Interview

05/31/2012 - oath yey! I'm a USC!

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

HI,

I'm keep losing my mail as well therefore I used attorney when I file to remove the condition.

They received the following document;

extension letter, biometric appointment, approval notice.

I receipt only the biometric appointment and the actual GC.

mamata

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Complain to the post office. It's unacceptable that this would happen on a regular basis. Attorneys are a wast of money if you feel your case is fairly straight forward. I still rue the loss of $1500 on an attorney for the K1. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :bonk:

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Having an attorney to remove conditional residence is a complete waste of money. But if you feel safe of loose mails and you have money to pay them is ok and go ahead.

You should talk to the postal office and prevent them do not mess up your mails since you are going to receive important information. Another way to keep tracking your case is calling USCIS and asking them about your process, I know it is not helpul but at least they have updated information and better that you can see online.

Good luck !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

From other forum topics and our experience, they won't send correspondence to a PO Box. If you wanted to go that route, better to use a Mailboxes Etc. type of place that gives an actual street address as your address.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

I have all the USCIS mail come to my work - we used the c/o option on the form - arrived without a problem.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Complain to the post office. It's unacceptable that this would happen on a regular basis. Attorneys are a wast of money if you feel your case is fairly straight forward. I still rue the loss of $1500 on an attorney for the K1. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :bonk:

Agreed. Immigration lawyers are a total waste of money if you have a simple, straightforward case. We're still kicking ourselves for that $2,500 loss on our K-1. What a rip-off!! The paralegals were sooo incompetent. :angry:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Agreed. Immigration lawyers are a total waste of money if you have a simple, straightforward case. We're still kicking ourselves for that $2,500 loss on our K-1. What a rip-off!! The paralegals were sooo incompetent. :angry:

Exactly, what did the lawyer do? Nothing his paralegals did it all.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.