Pinkchica

Pinkchica here!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello. I'm not new to immigration forums, but I am new to this one. The one that I normally use is experiencing difficulties. :wacko:

I use some of the guides on here, but this is the first that I actually became a member.

I look forward to meeting new poeple, and learn alot. I have to make a timeline when I get a chance, but for now, I will write it here in paragraph form

Well, about me: I am 25 and live in WV. Hubby is from Irapuato, Mexico. He EWI'ed in January 2001. We met while I was in college...fell in love and continued our relationship for 4 years and got engaged in August 2007.

Well, we atsrted going to marriage preparation claasses to get married in the Catholic church. We bought everything from my gorgeous designer wedding dress to decorations, making reservations, etc...all the many things you do when you are going to get married.

So, I guess I must have extremely bad luck, but hubby was celebrating on June 9, 2008...1 month before our planned July 5th, 2008 wedding...and had 2 beers and drove (He knows I hate that!)...well, he was pulled over.

Now, his BAC was 0.1 something, but at the station his BAC was 0.07 and WV limit is 0.08. So, he was taken to jail..don't know why since he was UNDER the limit, but the next day at arraignment, I paid teh bail, then waited 2 hours for hikm to be released finding out that he had already been put on ICE's detainee list!! Well, I ran back to teh magistrate court to get my $3,500 bond back....

To BE Continued (I am a teacher and the bell just rang for students to come back!) :crying: hehe :jest:

Timeline

back.... :dancing:

So, I got my money back that I paid for his bond, but hubby had to stay in jail for 2 weeks until ICE picked him up and transferred him to the immigrations detention facility in York, PA.

I think they would have waited longer to pick him up, but we filed a habeus corpus, and the next day they came and got him.

I managed, along with my worthless lawyer, to get hubby put on the court docket as an emergency on Wed July 2, 2008. I faxed evidence of our planned wedding. Hubby didn't even know he was going to court...he was wrote in with ink the last minute, after the inmates were told who was having court.

So on July 3rd, I, my mom, my granny, my aunt, and my great aunt went to his hearing. the judge could plainly see that we had been a couple long before and planned the wedding long before he was detained. He ordered hubby to depart by Sept. 30, 2008 and releaseed on $1,500 bond. The joke though, was that I couldn't pay the bond in York, PA (no Det and Rem office). I had to drive lie a maniac to Baltimore, MD to try to get in teh office before it closed. I did get a ticket :crying: ..hehe...and didn't get there on time...so I sayed the night.

I was happy and so grateful though when I found out that other people had bonds of $100,000!! :wow:

I waited from 8am in that office until 12:30 to pay teh bond...even though I was the 1st person ther.. :blink:

After I paid, they told me I could drive to Harrisburg, PA to pick hubby up at a bus station. They won't release inmates to you at the prison :angry:

Well, hubby came home on July 3rd, 2008....a total of 25 days in jail!!

We still had our wedding rehearsal the next day July 4, 2008 and our beautiful religious ceremony on July 5, 2008. It was incredibly stressful cramming things together, but thank goodness most things were already ready to go and I never cancelled anything.

That was the best time of my life, and I'm so glad we didn't cancel. It really was a miracle of God that we had our wedding. I found out that it is rare to only be detained for 2 weeks by ICE before having the hearing.

Well, we filed the I-130 petition on August 25th, 2008. Then, about a month later,on September 22, hubby and I drove 40 hours from WV to Irapuato via car...we only stopped 3 times for gas and ate food from the gas station.

I unfortunately was only able to stay 2 weeks and had to return to teaching. That is one of the hardest things..actually hardest thing ever...that i think I have had to do...leave my husband and not know when I will be able to see him again!

Well, fortunately, I was able to go to Irapuato for winter break the last week of December and 1st week of January...I do say that is one advantage of being a teacher...you get breaks....then again I had to leave him.

While I was in Mexico, I got an email form CRIS that my I-130 was transferred to CSC on December 22, 2008.

In January, it was apparent that all of the August filers were being approved...but I was left out :crying:

My case was transferred to Pittsburgh, PA on January 22, 2009. At first, i went crazy thinking someone had screwed up somewhere..I made calls, but the only way to straighten it out was to make an Infopass appointment.

So, on January 27, 2009 I went to Pittsburgh, PA..which is my local office, but not that local (4 hours away!). There, they talked to me and explained that nothing was wrong, but because we married after removal proceedings, they had to interview me to make sure we weren't evading immigration and our marriage was legitimate.

Well, my interview was just a couple weeks ago..March 18th. I was nervous, but I took a 26 pocket expandable file with everything I could think they would want plus more..I took the "kitchen sink".

My interviewer was very laid back, and gave me a verbal approval. I still am waiting for the NOA to physically see it. My congresswoman's office called to confirm teh approval and said that my file will arrive to NVC this week and they will call again at the end of the week.

I have everything ready for NVC, just waiting to pay the fees. Forms are filled out, signed, supporting documents, and coverletter in a package.

Hubby will have to file I-601. I am going to hire a well-known I-601 lawyer. i know I could do it myself, and probably a good job, but I don't want to risk something that will totally affect the rest of my life. If it's $5,000, $10,000....I don't mind...that's what my credit card is for baby!! :devil: I'll worry about getting hubby legal 1st, then worry about debt :blush:

So it's been 3 months without hubby :cry: , I don't know how others do it...years apart. I just can't..I am depressed and crying almost everyday...and if I'm not sad, then I get mad at teh whole situation and the anger just sometimes is released on hubby...just shouldn't be this way!!

Thank goodness he finally found a job...painting and making sports complexes...the hours are hard...72, and the pay average for that area..$120 a week..but, at least he feels like he is contributing to his family. Oh...by the way, hubby's family built an entire master room on their house for us. :D

So, that's my story for now...and surely there will be more chapters...hopefully soon!

Filed: Timeline

welcome to VJ. Indeed, you are up for a long journey. The EWI is a bad thing and will indeed most certainly result in a denial --- and a consequent bar for in between 3 to 10 years. I have heard of visa overstay forgiveness; but never heard of someone who was EWI not to get at least a 3 year bar.

Contact a competent immigration attorney and good luck in your journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Welcome to VJ!!! :dance:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline

Thanks.

Hubby will definately get the 10 year bar since he EWI'ed and accrued more than 365 consecutive days of illegal presence in the U.S

Actually, if everything goes A OK....if we have an awsome waiver packet....hopefully he'll be home by the end of summer....but so many things happen in the meantime.

It looks right now that as the NVC cases complete, interviews are 2 months later at CDJ. Then, hopefully no more than a 2 month wait after that for the appointment to file I-601 waiver. Then, many many prayers for a "clearly approvable" waiver.

Edited by Pinkchica

Welcome to vj and good luck! :thumbs:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to VJ ! :thumbs:

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

• 1 month later...