bbqBarry

My "DCF" in Bangkok

24 posts in this topic

When I first started looking here for data I noticed there isn't a lot of recent data on dcf in BKK but that there were several success stories. Here's my story.

March 4. Married.

March 16. Filed I-130 @ USCIS in BKK.

I was first in the door at 8:00 AM and the only person there until I left at 9:40 to go pay the cashier across the street.

8:00 left cell phone with security guard and entered waiting room

8:10 Blinds opened and I was called to the counter. Spent 10 minutes at counter while DHS/USCIS employee Ms. Lily Sae-Chua reviewed my I-130. She was very thorough and helpful, I was pleased with the service I received.

9:25 Called back to counter to review needed corrections to my package and receive invoice. Made corrections with whiteout they provided.

9:40 left CIS to go across the street to pay cashier $355 USD cash

10:05 back to CIS with receipt. Advised approval would be 6 weeks, and notice w/b sent to me. Advised Pkg3 would be addressed to spouse.

10:20 Finished

Documents submitted (list copied from my cover letter)

Receipt/Payment in cash of $355.00 USD

Completed Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

A copy of all pages of petitioner's unexpired US passport

A copy of petitioner's birth certificate

A copy of translated marriage certificate

A copy of divorce judgment of petitioner's previous marriage

G-325A (all four pages) completed and signed by petitioner

One color passport-type photo of petitioner

G-325A (all four pages) completed and signed by beneficiary

One color passport-type photo of beneficiary

A translated copy of beneficiary's birth certificate.

Documentation showing joint ownership of property: a translated copy of the Chanote for condominium in Thailand, showing joint ownership by petitioner and beneficiary

A translated copy of the Tabien Baan (house registration paper) showing that beneficiary's registered address is the jointly owned condominium

Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources: a translated copy of jointly owned savings account passbook

A copy of beneficiary's photo page from Thai passport

A copy of beneficiary's Thai National ID Card

Copies of affidavits from friends, family and third parties with knowledge of ongoing relationship

Evidence of the bona fides of the marital relationship in the form of SMS logs, chat logs and emails

Photographs as proof of ongoing relationship

I used ACCO fasteners but they didn't want them. They only kept passport pages that were relevant to my long term status in Thailand. They didn't want to keep the copy of the balance page from out bank book, only the name page and translation. They didn't want the translated copy of out tabien baan. They also returned the copy of her Thai ID card as well. My wife's name was changed 5 days after she was born. The official record of that was a small stamp on the back of her birth certificate. They asked to see the original bc as well as the original translation of it since on the photocopy I submitted the translation certification at the bottom was chopped off. Moral: get you copies at a real copy shop instead of doing it at home on my printer/copier/scanner/fax machine.

March 28. NOA2 (form I-171) approval for CR-1 arrived via mail in Chiang Mai. Expecting Pkg 3 soon. NOA2 doesn't have an file number, instead it says NA. I'm thinking that without an A number we'll have a hard time getting the Police Clearance.

Does anyone know if we can start the Police Clearance Certificate with our NOA2/I-171 or will they make us wait until we actually show them something from Pkg 3? We live in Chiang Mai and really don't want to waste a trip to BKK since I'm betting Pkg 3 will arrive soon.

Thanks,

8-16-08 Met online

3-4-09 Married in Chiang Mai

3-16-09 Filed I-130 "DCF" in Bangkok

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

4-2-09 Visit BKK for police clearance

4-3-09 Sent Pkg 3 checklist to BKK

4-7-09 Pkg 3 received by US Embassy in BKK

We never received Pkg 4 by mail but we found out that the interview date was June 22 by sending an email to the embassy

6-22-09 Interview BKK

6-26-09 CR-1 visa received

August 2009, POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd get it done

Police Records

Available. Police certificates are obtainable from:

Section 3, Sub-Division 2. General Staff Division

Special Branch

Royal Thai Police Department

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Residents of Thailand requesting a Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his/her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any). Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service.

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence.

Normal processing time is two to three weeks. There is no processing fee.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3687.html

YMMV

Super Fast.

Congratulations:)

Thanks, I'd like to think it has something to do with my good looks or my stunning ability to prepare documents but in reality it's nothing but good fortune that I qualify for "DCF"

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

We never received Pkg 4 by mail but we found out that the interview date was June 22 by sending an email to the embassy

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

Does anyone know if we can start the Police Clearance Certificate with our NOA2/I-171 or will they make us wait until we actually show them something from Pkg 3? We live in Chiang Mai and really don't want to waste a trip to BKK since I'm betting Pkg 3 will arrive soon.

Thanks for everyone's input. This has become a moot point now as Pkg 3 arrived today. Off to BKK tomorrow for the police check.

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for everyone's input. This has become a moot point now as Pkg 3 arrived today. Off to BKK tomorrow for the police check.

hello BarryBBQ I think I remember you because the same day (16 march ) We went to CIS office too.So our case appoved so close :)

I don't get packet 3 yet.I hope we'll get it soon.Anyway,hope you case will be done and get visa soon.

hello BarryBBQ I think I remember you because the same day (16 march ) We went to CIS office too.So our case appoved so close :)

I don't get packet 3 yet.I hope we'll get it soon.Anyway,hope you case will be done and get visa soon.

I remember you guys, you were the second ones in that office that day. I hope your app moves as quickly as mine is. Good luck!

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

Just got back from BKK. We went there to get the police clearance. It wasn't difficult at all but it was slightly different than I expected because the data I found online http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eservice.php is outdated (their words).

We showed up at 8:30 and were seen immediately. The form we downloaded online wasn't accepted because it wasn't current. Turns out we didn't need the 2 photographs we brought either as their new process includes them taking a digital photo of the applicant.

I had my point & shoot camera with me and asked if I could take photos of the the posters they made to illustrate their new application process. Have a look. We sent Pkg 3 back April 3 by EMS.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

FWIW, "expedited service" for your police clearance is also available. We visited that office April 2 and were told that our app would be finished April 23 because they would be closed for the long Songkran holiday. We were offered the opportunity to make a small contribution to the local Songkran holiday fund in return for a guaranteed return by April 8.

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for this thread. My wife and I will soon go through this process.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have any idea if you really needed a copy of your birth certificate, or was a passport sufficient?

2. Am I right to assume no appointment was necessary when you went on March 16th?

Thanks in advance, and I'll be following with interest. I'll start my own thread after we apply.

Cheers,

Jimmyd

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have any idea if you really needed a copy of your birth certificate, or was a passport sufficient?

2. Am I right to assume no appointment was necessary when you went on March 16th?

Thanks in advance, and I'll be following with interest. I'll start my own thread after we apply.

Cheers,

Jimmyd

1. I wasn't able to find a definitive list of what is absolutely required for DCF and what is merely helpful. I researched what others submitted and pulled together everything I had for my I-130. From what I can remember, the petitioner's birth certificate is used to prove that the petitioner is a USC. Short answer? I don't know.

2. Yes, no appointment was necessary to file my I-130 at USCIS.

Good luck, it will be interesting to watch your progress.

Cheers,

Barry

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A couple of questions:

Cheers,

Jimmyd

I didn't have a birth certificate when I applied. I used a copy of all pages of my passport, and it worked out fine.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
FWIW, "expedited service" for your police clearance is also available. We visited that office April 2 and were told that our app would be finished April 23 because they would be closed for the long Songkran holiday. We were offered the opportunity to make a small contribution to the local Songkran holiday fund in return for a guaranteed return by April 8.

Any idea what the expedite service entails? Looks like my latest fortunes could POSSIBLY benefit from it. :wacko:

Any idea what the expedite service entails? Looks like my latest fortunes could POSSIBLY benefit from it. :wacko:

PM sent.

8-16-08 Met online

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

6-22-09 Interview BKK

August 2009, POE LAX

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello again.

My wife went to Bangkok today to get a copy of her birth certificate because she couldn't find the original. This is turning into a big hassle as her name changed from her birth name. Her father is in Samut Prakan today trying to get the original house paper showing her name change.

In light of all of this, I looked back at the requirements and noticed that nowhere does it say that a birth certificate was required, but in your intake package it seems like they payed a lot of attention to it.

Am I missing something? Is the birth certificate required? My wife was never married before and neither of us has any kids or previous divorces, she has a passport and a 10-year visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.