• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SWEET!

I finally got my "we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action" notice.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

At least now I know it is back in the system. I had a reassuring talk with my lawyer today about my situation and IMBRA, he said the majority of the cases he has are not involved with marriage brokers. Because we met on match.com, I will answer no to the question that asks if I used a marriage broker. He told me that the RFE will come soon, either to him or myself. Hang in there everyone, NOA2s are starting to see action.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
SWEET!

I finally got my "we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action" notice.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

At least now I know it is back in the system. I had a reassuring talk with my lawyer today about my situation and IMBRA, he said the majority of the cases he has are not involved with marriage brokers. Because we met on match.com, I will answer no to the question that asks if I used a marriage broker. He told me that the RFE will come soon, either to him or myself. Hang in there everyone, NOA2s are starting to see action.

Congratulations!

Although, I started to see action 8 days ago and since then, I got not even a touch.

It feels like it´s taking forever.

I don´t get it.

I was checking my case every 20 minutes hoping it would say the RFE is on the way.

Now I check every 10 minutes and I know the status won´t change.

I´m very depressed today. I know. I gotta hang in there. But it kills me when I see people with a NOA1 from June 19th with their RFE!!!

Tomorrow it´s July!

My case NOA1 is from March!

How can I hope for anything good?

Timeline

The good thing is they are processing it. Being that it took them 2 months and 25 days for them to get my petition back to the USCIS for further processing, I would not assume my rfe will be rushing in anytime soon.

A question, how many NOA2ers have had notice an RFE is coming? just 1? rlt, since you received your notice quicker than others, it may be possible your rfe will also be received sooner than others. There is no logic behind what the USCIS is doing, even how they are sending the RFE's. My lawyer said in some cases he received the RFE and in others, the petitioner did. So just hang in there and stay positive, your's will come soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I am happy to here that some of us are seeing some action, but oh my, I am so so so depressed to not see anything yet. My NOA1 was on March 8th, my case was sent back from Israel on May 11th...but apparently dates mean nothing anymore and they are working at whatever pace they want. I gather my petition will be the last they touch. Only thing is my NOA1 is good till July 22nd, do they update it or how does that work? This whole ordeal is making me very nervous.

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Timeline

When it is "reapproved" it will have a new expiration date most likely. At this point it is not approved so that date should be meaningless.

I was also very frustrated and annoyed about waiting, I know it sucks! And it is still going on.

I did these things, contacted all of my congresspeople, NVC, consulate, USCIS, did an expedite request. For all I know, none of these things helped. I think it has more to do with how long it takes the different agencies to move and register the petition through their systems. Because our cases were already approved, the petitition had to be mated with the original files before they could be logged back into the USCIS system, supposedly.

Just got the "case is reopened" update! Finally!

It's so nice to see a little bit of movement, even if I have no idea how long it will take until we get the actual RFE... at least we know our case is at VSC and someone's actually looked at it.

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Timeline

It's so nice to see a little bit of movement, even if I have no idea how long it will take until we get the actual RFE... at least we know our case is at VSC and someone's actually looked at it.

i know.

it´s great that lots of us are getting the cases reopened.

they will NEED to move on to the next step soon.

and yeah, there´s no sense in how they are touching it.

Mew got their case reopened after mine and got the RFE mailed already.

So they will be working on that. I just need to know when...

It´s taking them forever.

Timeline

:dance: Yes, on to the next step!

Timeline

:dance: Yes, on to the next step!

The longest step...

I can´t believe they didn´t touch my case after they reopened it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

So I got my response from Vermont via snail mail today. My expedite request was not granted they wrote "this matter was received and a determination was made that it does not meet the criteria for special handling."

So thats that.... :crying:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Timeline

I also just received my response from the USCIS for my expedite request through snail mail and have the same "this matter was received and a determination was made that it does not meet the criteria for special handling" message from them. Stay positive!

Timeline

Ok. Now that we know the whole IMBRA thing is taking a long time, and we´re not hoping that it will be any different, this is what I think:

Once the new form and the RFE template were approved they started sending the RFEs to the NOA1 people while still collecting the recalled petitions.

After sending RFEs to NOA1 people, they had almost all recalled cases back and started to reprocessing them. Puting them back in the system.

Now they are doing that. Reopening our cases while collecting the RFEs from NOA1 people and putting it together with their file.

Soon (at anytime, maybe this week, maybe in a month) they will have almost every recalled case reopened and will send us the RFEs as well.

During all this, I think they will be preparing their staff on how to proceed according to IMBRA. About what´s a marriahe broker and about everything that has changed.

Once they have all RFEs back they will start processing cases from its NOA1 dates.

This is how the Service Centers work. From the NOA1 date. They won´t just mess evrything up now.

That´s my opinion.

They knew it was gonna take time to adjust to IMBRA and to reopen the cases, so started o send the RFEs to people with pending cases.

Now thay will have their case ready to be procesed when the time comes.

So, for us, recalled people, the most important part is when they will have all cases reopened and start sending the RFEs.

We´ll see.

Timeline

You know, what you said makes total sense to me. I don't see why they would do it any other way. You are right, it will be a while before all NOA2s get their rfes. It's been tough waiting, but I'm going to find as much info as I can.

I was moderately disgusted to hear that Aque and Lewis' expedite requests were turned down. I sincerely state that I hope there was noone I gave false hope to with my advice. I guess MadMan and I will hear soon as far as we have also submitted requests. I am no longer confident of an approval, but at the same time I optimistically believe they would not be denying our requests if they were not already close to a solution for all of us. Also, we have put legitimate pressure on the Director's Office and he is aware that savvy petitioners are applying it, and we will not go quietly into the night.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.