rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Could be in the sense that now your approval will depend on your IMBRA info, like, let´s say you reply but don´t send the certificate (if you had to) then you´d get another RFE, meaning your process is not approved by default anymore.

Ok, but that´s now what I meant to say..

Do you think it´s like I´m starting it now? They will count my timeline starting from June 22?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I doubt it. You´ll have your NOA1 date for that.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
I was reading my current status for the 10th time today and am now thinking of something.

It looks really similar to what I had when applied at the very beggening of this journey.

I think it´s the same text, only that it now states REOPENED.

Do you think (even though they don´t change my receipt number) it is now counting as I had only applied now. Like, my case is starting today?

From what my fiance was told on the phone when he spoke to Vermont, it's as if our cases are pending approval. The lady who spoke to him told that once they had the form they needed, the case was going to be sent back to Brazil. So I think it's not as if we're starting everything over, but it's not like our cases are considered approved either. The way I see it, we won't have new NOA's or anything. They just need to have the part of the I129f f form we didn't have a chance to fill out, check what they need to check due to IMBRA provisions and we're good to have our interview rescheduled.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I was reading my current status for the 10th time today and am now thinking of something.

It looks really similar to what I had when applied at the very beggening of this journey.

Do you think (even though they don´t change my receipt number) it is now counting as I had only applied now. Like, my case is starting today?

From what my fiance was told on the phone when he spoke to Vermont, it's as if our cases are pending approval. The lady who spoke to him told that once they had the form they needed, the case was going to be sent back to Brazil. So I think it's not as if we're starting everything over, but it's not like our cases are considered approved either. The way I see it, we won't have new NOA's or anything. They just need to have the part of the I129f f form we didn't have a chance to fill out, check what they need to check due to IMBRA provisions and we're good to have our interview rescheduled.

Which is strange, since they updated my status online on thursday, reopened yesterday, didn´t touch it today and I haven´t got the RFE update as everyone with only NOA1 did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Which is strange, since they updated my status online on thursday, reopened yesterday, didn´t touch it today and I haven´t got the RFE update as everyone with only NOA1 did.

I agree, this is tres bizarre. I received emails June 17 and 21, saying my petition had been "received", and "reopened", respectively. I just got in the mail two I-797 Notices of Action from CSC (my petition was originally submitted to and approved by NSC (NOA1 March 6 - how lucky is that :no::no::no: and NOA Mar 31.) Approved petition forwarded to Paris Apr 12, fiance rec'vd Instruction pkt. Apr 24, returned to embassy May 5, not a word til the email I got June 16 from CRIS-USCIS. Nothing about IMBRA or RFE mentioned in emails, or yhr two 1-797s I recv'd today. If the reopening were due to possible AR instead of assumed IMBRA related RFE, would they say so?

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline

I agree, this is tres bizarre. I received emails June 17 and 21, saying my petition had been "received", and "reopened", respectively. I just got in the mail two I-797 Notices of Action from CSC (my petition was originally submitted to and approved by NSC (NOA1 March 6 - how lucky is that :no::no::no: and NOA Mar 31.) Approved petition forwarded to Paris Apr 12, fiance rec'vd Instruction pkt. Apr 24, returned to embassy May 5, not a word til the email I got June 16 from CRIS-USCIS. Nothing about IMBRA or RFE mentioned in emails, or yhr two 1-797s I recv'd today. If the reopening were due to possible AR instead of assumed IMBRA related RFE, would they say so?

That´s what I fear too.

But all the recalled petitions with an update so far, have the same status online.

So this might be the procedure they are taking to all of us.

We don´t know how a case goes after it´s reopened.. but we know our petition is there due to IMBRA, so I don´t think we´re all getting an AR.

I think we should call them on monday and ask what´s being processed... we were approved before and just need the RFE to meet IMBRA, isn´t it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I am suprised. Yesterday I received to updates online and 3 emails for each. They are the same emails and updates as you have received. I checked my status 3 times today, and nothing chaged, and when I just checked now, I was touched, but no new message, just a touch. I think we are on the verge of seeing how they are going to handle this mess they got theirselves into. I hope all of us get something very soon. I know how frustrated all of us are, and it is really hard to explain everything to your family and friends because they don't understand to process. We just need to stick together and support each other in this stressful time.

Please keep touching me!!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
Well, I am suprised. Yesterday I received to updates online and 3 emails for each. They are the same emails and updates as you have received. I checked my status 3 times today, and nothing chaged, and when I just checked now, I was touched, but no new message, just a touch. I think we are on the verge of seeing how they are going to handle this mess they got theirselves into. I hope all of us get something very soon. I know how frustrated all of us are, and it is really hard to explain everything to your family and friends because they don't understand to process. We just need to stick together and support each other in this stressful time.

Please keep touching me!!!!!

Question: do you receive an email when they only touch your case?

ps - i didn´t get a touch yesterday. Last time was 06/23.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Question: do you receive an email when they only touch your case?

ps - i didn´t get a touch yesterday. Last time was 06/23.

RLT, they don't send an email for that. They only send you one when the status changes. Just bring the touches!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nope. When it´s a touch without updates, they won´t send you an e-mail.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I haven't gotten any updates so far. Not even to say they've reopened the case or to say they have it back in Vermont. All I know about my case was told by the lady over the phone. Apparently, she checked in the computer to check if they indeed have the petition back and explained that no petitions actually leave the U.S. (which I found odd, since the consulate had told us they needed to mail back stuff to the U.S.), so it's not like a process can be lost. In any case, I've chosen not to freak out or worry so I can keep sanity.

Do you guys think I should call Vermont again? If so, what should I ask? Have in mind I'm the beneficiary, so I don't really know whether they'll actually say anything to me.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I haven't gotten any updates so far. Not even to say they've reopened the case or to say they have it back in Vermont. All I know about my case was told by the lady over the phone. Apparently, she checked in the computer to check if they indeed have the petition back and explained that no petitions actually leave the U.S. (which I found odd, since the consulate had told us they needed to mail back stuff to the U.S.), so it's not like a process can be lost. In any case, I've chosen not to freak out or worry so I can keep sanity.

Do you guys think I should call Vermont again? If so, what should I ask? Have in mind I'm the beneficiary, so I don't really know whether they'll actually say anything to me.

I called Vermont twice. First time they told me everything (i´m the benef.). Second time they said they couldn´t release any info to me. Only to the petitioner or attorney.

I would call them if I were you.. But don´t take their answer as the truth. I got different answers from different officers.

I would ask them abou the status of your case and about how are they dealing with the recalled cases once they put it back in the system. That way you´d know what´s coming next.

Just my opinion...

:)

Timeline

I called Vermont twice. First time they told me everything (i´m the benef.). Second time they said they couldn´t release any info to me. Only to the petitioner or attorney.

I would call them if I were you.. But don´t take their answer as the truth. I got different answers from different officers.

I would ask them abou the status of your case and about how are they dealing with the recalled cases once they put it back in the system. That way you´d know what´s coming next.

Just my opinion...

:)

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try and call them tomorrow and see what I can find out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

So just out of curiosity I decided to call VSC after having my recalled case "reopened".

The automated message was the same as the online one. Only saying that it´s taking them from 30 to 45 days to process this kind of case. Exactly like they used to say when we first applied.

I spoke to a Vermont operator who, once again, couldn´t release any information to me - the beneficiary.

The thing is, it´s almost impossible for my fiancée to call them during business hours.

My questions would be:

1) Now that my case was recalled due to IMBRA and reopened, am I expecting to receive a RFE or no?

2) If yes: When should I expect to have this mailed? How long will it take after you receive the RFE back, since the case was approved before?

3) If no: How will they process the case, and why won´t we get a RFE if people with NOA1 are getting it?

--

So, if any of you who had your case reopened could try and give them a call asking for more information, would be great.

They have reopened our case, but that could mean anything. We can be under security checks, they could send us a RFE today, they could send us a RFE next month, they could use the 30-45 days to process and only then, approving it... we don´t know.

And the officer was really nice. She said she can tell everything to my fiancée, and I should try and get her to call, which I definitely will.

But there´s a chance she will only be able to do so on thursday or friday.

Could anyone give Vermont a call?

They don´t keep you on hold for more than 5 minutes! :)

1-800-375-5283

1->2->6->1

*listen to the info about your case"

3 > 2 > 1

Edited by rlt

I just called the VSC and the operator told me that an officer was looking at my case and that an RFE would be sent. I asked her when I could expect it to be sent and she said "within 30 days." She didn't seem very sure of her answer but this would imply that everyone will be getting an RFE eventually.

While rlt received a message that his case is being processed, my online status still says that it was approved April 13, but there was a touch on June 1.

08/28/08 Submitted I-751

09/03/08 Check Cashed

09/17/08 Received ASC Appointment Notice

10/03/08 Biometrics Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.