gigant

Arrested for speaking with a (cop) prostitute: what happens now?

78 posts in this topic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your wife divorced you after that minor infraction? What is wrong with that woman, you are obviously a gem. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hate to tell you pal, but if they busted you for solicitation (even if reduced that will be on the transcript), the decoy prostitute offered sex at a price and you agreed. Those are the rules and you broke them and that makes it a crime. I believe you did it because you went going around the corner with her. It wasn't to buy her an ice cream either. You should have got the lawyer BEFORE you pled guilty to any charges. It is possible a good lawyer may have got you off if all these stories of entrapment you are telling are true. Frankly, I don't believe the entrapment stories. They don't need to entrap. There are plenty of guys out there for just that reason and from what you said your behavior was, I believe you were one of them. Remember, the people you will be seeing when you reapply have been around the block. Maybe they even live on your block. They know that the police have plenty of legitimate "John's" to arrest so they don't need to make one up. Your actions clearly showed that you were engaging in an act of moral terpitude. Very bad stuff if you want to live here. You forget that people live in these areas and have businesses in these areas, they don't want to see this kind of sick behavior in front of them or in front of their kids. I don't care if you wait 3 years or not. You came to this country looking for a home and behaved badly, very badly. People like you are the reason we have the USCIS. To send people that can't follow the rules back. Also, this incidend makes one wonder why you are divorced in the first place. Been stepping out on the wife? You MUST answer truthfully on the form. For sure the records will go back 2-3 years. In these days where computer storage is NOT expensive, they store everything. In fact, you will probably be burdened with providing the police report so don't try to come up with some silly stories like you were "entraped." I guarantee you that everything that was said is in that report.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

QUOTE (Bobby_Umit @ Mar 29 2009, 04:26 PM)

Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants?

You actually look a lot like her...

You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite

That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail,

For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped

This is all unbelievable!!! I am for Bobby and for you to bash him like that you as the CRIMNAL makes me laugh. Yes you are the criminal you have been convicted and you plead guilty to it. If you were not guilty you would not have plead that way. One more thing if a hundred prostitutes offered me a BJ I wouldnt take it. I love my wife more than my own life and the ruin it on such a trivial pleasure would be susch a pitty. I wouldnt take a BJ even from the 100 most beautiful non prositute women in the world becasue what I have is a relationship with honour love respect kindness and frienship and those are things I cant get with a piece of a$$. Values you obviously dont have

For a vialotion that only leads to a ticket? Well hate to tell you this but that is one of that reasons that makes our country as great as it is. We have laws and most of the time we stick to those laws. This country is by no means perfect but to judge our country with others is obusrd!!!! Why do you think so many want to come here?

Yes you will have to answer yes for the arrest if you dont they will find you out and send you home. The report will read that you were arrested for solicitation of prostitution but that you plead it down.

I have been out at 4 in the morning I didnt get arrested for any thing oh wait I didnt do any thing. To say that the police are just out to put people in jail for the fun of it is a mockery of our judicial system and our country.

I hope that you get sent bck as we dont need this in our country. Sorry but I have no compassion for this kind of trash

Filed: Timeline
i would recommend going back to your home country where you will just get a 'ticket' for what you did and quit clogging up the system for those who actually deserve and want to be here.... on behalf of everyone else in the system - thanks for making us wait!

Nobody is clugging the system and making you wait you idiot;

This is a public immigration forum where information provided help and apply to all immigrants;

On behalf of myself I tell you shut up! And move on to the next forum, your accusation is useless here;

Uf they r making you wait they must have a good reason that has nothing to do with other people applicationsn you foul!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
i would recommend going back to your home country where you will just get a 'ticket' for what you did and quit clogging up the system for those who actually deserve and want to be here.... on behalf of everyone else in the system - thanks for making us wait!

Nobody is clugging the system and making you wait you idiot;

This is a public immigration forum where information provided help and apply to all immigrants;

On behalf of myself I tell you shut up! And move on to the next forum, your accusation is useless here;

Uf they r making you wait they must have a good reason that has nothing to do with other people applicationsn you foul!

You're very quick to judge others. From the b**ch cop to the idiot fool. Most people are willing to help those with immigration issues. However, you walked into a bomb that you should have known was wrong. Most if not all of us here will have problems grasping why you did what you did. As mentioned by others no cop would offer 'free' services which leads us to believe that a price was indeed negotiated, in which case you should know its wrong. Don't blame American law for your screw up. Accept any advice people may be giving you in this topic and move on. Besides, you already decided to withdraw your current N-400 petition and received all the helpful answers you can get. Accept the fact that you screwed up, just admit it, grow up and stop blaming others.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Timeline
QUOTE (Bobby_Umit @ Mar 29 2009, 04:26 PM) Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants? You actually look a lot like her... You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail, For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped This is all unbelievable!!! I am for Bobby and for you to bash him like that you as the CRIMNAL makes me laugh. Yes you are the criminal you have been convicted and you plead guilty to it. If you were not guilty you would not have plead that way. One more thing if a hundred prostitutes offered me a BJ I wouldnt take it. I love my wife more than my own life and the ruin it on such a trivial pleasure would be susch a pitty. I wouldnt take a BJ even from the 100 most beautiful non prositute women in the world becasue what I have is a relationship with honour love respect kindness and frienship and those are things I cant get with a piece of a$$. Values you obviously dont have For a vialotion that only leads to a ticket? Well hate to tell you this but that is one of that reasons that makes our country as great as it is. We have laws and most of the time we stick to those laws. This country is by no means perfect but to judge our country with others is obusrd!!!! Why do you think so many want to come here? Yes you will have to answer yes for the arrest if you dont they will find you out and send you home. The report will read that you were arrested for solicitation of prostitution but that you plead it down. I have been out at 4 in the morning I didnt get arrested for any thing oh wait I didnt do any thing. To say that the police are just out to put people in jail for the fun of it is a mockery of our judicial system and our country. I hope that you get sent bck as we dont need this in our country. Sorry but I have no compassion for this kind of trash

Dear American Angel,

Stop lyin and foul yourself and your family.

I'm sure you have been offered or approached or approached by a "working lady" in a lifetime have you not? Don't lie!

If "negotiating sexual performances" is a CRIME then I'd be very happy to leave this country: all I did was asking questions to that lady and, yes, a price was mentioned but it was all verbal I haven't even touched her;

I plaid guilty without knowing what the consequences for play not guilty were; if I can reopen the case I will but ill have to ask what the consequences will be if convicted.

Fyi I work in Wall St Manhattan and I've been working for US corporate financial world for years.

Have done 0.00 illegal things in this country not even a ticket; I created jobs, built houses, paid salaries and helped to the growth of this town: I don't give a s*** if people like you that claim to be "the perfect citizen" and try to put me down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

This is funny and sad!.

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear American Angel,

I'm sure you have been offered or approached or approached by a "working lady" in a lifetime have you not? Don't lie!

If "negotiating sexual performances" is a CRIME then I'd be very happy to leave this country: all I did was asking questions to that lady and, yes, a price was mentioned but it was all verbal I haven't even touched her;

I plaid guilty without knowing what the consequences for play not guilty were; if I can reopen the case I will but ill have to ask what the consequences will be if convicted.

Fyi I work in Wall St Manhattan and I've been working for US corporate financial world for years.

Have done 0.00 illegal things in this country not even a ticket; I created jobs, built houses, paid salaries and helped to the growth of this town: I don't give a s*** if people like you that claim to be "the perfect citizen" and try to put me down.

You do not need to engage in sexual acts with a prostitute to make it wrong. This is frustrating to read. Working on Wall Street does not mitigate what happened.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

gigant ..I think they were talking about the immigration process...not the forum. LOL. What exaclty were you doing out at 4 am by the way? So did you get slapped with a Misdemeanor or a Gross misdemeanor? I would try as best as you can to stay away from areas that you can get yourself in trouble. The reason the UCs (Undercover Cops) do these stings is to clean out the neighbourhoods and streets. The theory is if you kill the supply, you'll stop the prostitution. Also prostitution,brings in drugs and creepy people into places that people don't want. It's not like they single people out. So my advise to you is to stay away from trouble for the next 5 years. I wouldnt bother applying till you clean up your record. Time and distance will cure most things. Plus you if you keep yourself out a trouble, you can establish a timeline that you are changed from the last incident. Good luck gigant

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Dear American Angel,

You do not need to engage in sexual acts with a prostitute to make it wrong. This is frustrating to read. Working on Wall Street does not mitigate what happened.

Nowadays, working on wall street is nothing to brag about....

wall-street-2.gif

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

If "negotiating sexual performances" is a CRIME then I'd be very happy to leave this country: all I did was asking questions to that lady and, yes, a price was mentioned but it was all verbal I haven't even touched her.

You negotiated a price and you followed her to the back alley. That's why it's called solicitation of prostitution. You'll be fine gigant, just keep yourself out of trouble mate.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Dear American Angel,

Nowadays, working on wall street is nothing to brag about....

wall-street-2.gif

Hey Mr. Wall Street, can you fix this economy so that alot of families can get their life back together....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Dear American Angel,

I agree with Beans how does where you work mitigate your sillyness. I work in Portland Square. Does that have a bearing? Never heard of it? Dont care? I couldnt care less where you work either.

Lets all quote the name of the street where we work and justify every s****y thing we have ever done.

We all contribute to our towns growth, our countries growth so I am not going to hand you out any kind of prize for how you think you have benefited the area.

You know how you could really help the growth of your town. By not engaging in conversations with fake prostitutes and perpetuating the cycle of sex and the subsequent drug taking and abuse that usually follows with prostitution. You must have done something that justified the charges made against you, the police do not arrest arbitrarily . It's called entrapment and is against the law.

You got caught. Suck it up. I'm sure your application will be fine.

Quit trying to justify being a moron.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

gigant - Many of the posters are holier than Christ (or perhaps even holier than his mother Mary). They seem to like to stone everyone any chance they get.

You have a legitimate problem and your best approach will be to talk to an immigration attorney, who may have handled such other cases and can help you comply with the immigration rules. There are worse crimes that people have committed and with help of attorneys they can overcome them - case in point - there are actually forms and processes set up for people who illegally cross into USA (without being inspected) either through Canada or Mexica - so it's not impossible to overcome these things. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.