gigant

Arrested for speaking with a (cop) prostitute: what happens now?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Im sorry about what happened to you but as far as I know there is now crime involved in TALKING to anynbody. The crime is solicitation prostitution which means the SERVICES were not free and a price was set for "these services" If you shy to say you paid for it ...that's okey but don't mislead people. If it was "free" it means you didn not silocit anybody and the girl was willing to give it up for free and theres no crime in that....JUST PLEASERE :star::thumbs:

oh...ok... the OP was "hit on" by a cop dressed as a prositute and then arrested for solicitation....awww....and to think i thought he was actually trying to hook up with a wh@re....silly me...that for surely was (and i quote) "JUST PLEASERE" ...with a star and thumbs up

Edited by Lars-N-Yenia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok, I guess I will be the one to say it...

Think whatever you want of the behavior.. BUTTTT

Since when is it illegal to get a BJ? Does it matter if the person is a prostitute (in this case it was not)?

Maybe it is illegal to pay for one, but a free one?

Lots of people in this forum need to be arrested and thrown in jail if that is the case.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Ok, I guess I will be the one to say it...

Think whatever you want of the behavior.. BUTTTT

Since when is it illegal to get a BJ? Does it matter if the person is a prostitute (in this case it was not)?

Maybe it is illegal to pay for one, but a free one?

Lots of people in this forum need to be arrested and thrown in jail if that is the case.

I've been trying to explain that concept to my wife for a long time....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Sorry, but you should have realized that being on a random street in Queens at 4 am....who else is out on the streets at 4 am at that time??? Come on dude, you played yourself out and you expect sympathy??

Go whine to Eliot Spitzer, he's the only one who will feel for you.

Sorry to be mean, but you kind of deserve it, surely you know what was going to happen....

But good luck to you, hope you get your ish sorted out.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

i would recommend going back to your home country where you will just get a 'ticket' for what you did and quit clogging up the system for those who actually deserve and want to be here....

on behalf of everyone else in the system - thanks for making us wait!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. :huh: Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants? :blink:

You actually look a lot like her...

What? I'm a guy. Bobby - hard concept to grasp I am sure.

You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite

Oh, I don't think my fiancee has anything to worry about with me (or fool herself). See, there is this little thing called honor and integrity that would stop me from doing something stupid like this. Plus when we are married, there is this little thing about the vows we give each other. (you know, only one for each other, yada yada) (I hope by now you have figured out I'm the guy posting)

That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap

The big meany! How else do you expect them to make an arrest? You could of kept on walking

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail, For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail

If you know they do these tricks in your area, why did you let yourself fall for it? Can't speak for the laws in other countries, but if your here in the USA, you will need to obey the US laws, and be prepared for any US consequences.

Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped

Try on average of 5 years. I have seen some public records go back 10 years. Depends on the State. Regardless, if your caught lying on the form, you might experience some more US laws. Plus the question asks "Have you ever been arrested", not "Have you ever been arrested and had the charges dropped?" Now, how should you answer the question. Everyone above said to say "yes", yet your still trying to find a way to say "no"?

Tee Hee.... :thumbs:

If there were a high five smiley I would have given you one.

Basically Men should act like Men but too often don't these days. Thanks for standing up for men who will respect their wives. This has nothing to do with being a minority in a minority neighborhood and everything to do with not wanting to be a responsible and respectful human being. Much of my family is from New York, Harlem, Brooklyn and Bronx to be exact not one person has been tripped up in drug or prostitution stings. It is easy to choose what is wrong and go down the wrong path in such an environment but it is also easy to choose the right path and provide a good life for the family you chose to bring into this world. His choices and no one elses landed him in this position. Others chose differently, serving their country and community, putting their children through college and realizing the best of the American Dream.

I pray he comes to understand this.

Best Wishes

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hmmm...tahst for sure the OP deserves it . He got lured and proved his immorality of character. Well said Cornbread.

BUt then agaain US is becoming a country of rule and rule thats for sure. Some day it will become like Sparta, ones who go by rule will survive, others will be killed. NO wonder at the Gun & Knife show there was AK-47 s and military weapons being sold for common men. Result : Yahoo headlines - Seven residents, nurse die in N.C. nursing home shooting. Gun in the hand of foolish thugheads. NO background check, no check if the man needs that kind of gun or not. If the Govt cannot give proper protection to common people and thus they buy guns to keep themselves safe then why be proud of laws here and police doing good jobs ?? Some here said "For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail " ..Ya true. Someone else said in reply to the above statement " Can't speak for the laws in other countries, but if your here in the USA, you will need to obey the US laws, and be prepared for any US consequences." you know what theres where is the problem. we in US think ourselves to be the world and making the world laugh on us. US wd put people in jail for approaching prostitues but wd patronize more gentlemans clubs & swingers clubs with no 6 ft rule and show more of those ads of TVs in normal hours to put morality of upcoming generations to zero.

Anyway may be i am pulling the debate to somewhere else. There are more experienced people here to suggest the OP what to do exactly legally and pls i wd request everyone to stop making fun here. This is not a off-topic. He is writing here getting into distress and this is not a fun making forum.

Thanks

Edited by christera22

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Timeline
hmmm...tahst for sure the OP deserves it . He got lured and proved his immorality of character. Well said Cornbread.

BUt then agaain US is becoming a country of rule and rule thats for sure. Some day it will become like Sparta, ones who go by rule will survive, others will be killed. NO wonder at the Gun & Knife show there was AK-47 s and military weapons being sold for common men. Result : Yahoo headlines - Seven residents, nurse die in N.C. nursing home shooting. Gun in the hand of foolish thugheads. NO background check, no check if the man needs that kind of gun or not. If the Govt cannot give proper protection to common people and thus they buy guns to keep themselves safe then why be proud of laws here and police doing good jobs ?? Some here said "For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail " ..Ya true. Someone else said in reply to the above statement " Can't speak for the laws in other countries, but if your here in the USA, you will need to obey the US laws, and be prepared for any US consequences." you know what theres where is the problem. we in US think ourselves to be the world and making the world laugh on us. US wd put people in jail for approaching prostitues but wd patronize more gentlemans clubs & swingers clubs with no 6 ft rule and show more of those ads of TVs in normal hours to put morality of upcoming generations to zero.

Anyway may be i am pulling the debate to somewhere else. There are more experienced people here to suggest the OP what to do exactly legally and pls i wd request everyone to stop making fun here. This is not a off-topic. He is writing here getting into distress and this is not a fun making forum.

Thanks

ummmmm yeah....the US had a big media coverage with the short comings of our society.... no doubt....where did GUNS come into this topic, other than your post...read the OP's original post and comment from there....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Of course I am proud to be an american citizen & I love my USA thus want to change the evils. Dont u want that ? Sorry as i said i shd`nt have brought the gun things here. Thanks

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Your title is a bit misleading, you not only talked with the undercover officer, you accepted the offer and proceeded to finish it.. :huh: Then you call her a bitc* because you can't keep it in your pants? :blink:

You need to understand that even the nice husband pictured wouldn't "keep it in his pences" if offered free o*** services; don't foul yourself to think the opposite

That undercovered cop was provokingly making aye contact with anyone walking neaerby inviting them to conversate and fall into the trap

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail,

For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail

Its my understanding that a misdemanor disappears from background checks after 6 months: if I answer "no, never been arrested" I'm probably right as the criminal(!) Charges against me were dropped

Maybe because in the US we respect women.....could that be it?? You deserved what you got and so much more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hi

Last friday at 4am here in Queens -NY I've started a conversation with a fake prostitute, that keptp offering "free services, let just us go around the corner".....

Stupid me, I fell into the trap

And. Few steps later walking with the "b*#*" a group of cops surrounded me and arrested me for "patronizing a prostitute"; with me other 6 guys fell into the same trap;

After one and 1/2 day in jail

The judge, after I played guilty, downgraded my charges into a non-criminal charge of disorderly conduct with a fine to pay $150 + 120$ search fees.

Next year I will reapply (I withdraw the first N400 application based on the 3 years rule cos my wife filed for divorce) for the N400:

Have you ever been arrested?

Do I have to say yes??

How does this will reduce my chances of passing the interview?

Do I need a lawyer?

Pls I need to know where I stand now

Thanks

HUMM..

a question, your wife divorced because you were cheating on her with prostitutes?.

:(

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Cops do a lot of these trics in minority areas of Queens just to put people in jail,

For a violation that in any other countries in the world leads max to a ticket, the US put people in jail

Maybe because in the US we respect women.....could that be it?? You deserved what you got and so much more.

if in us, you respected women as you claim it, then they wouldn't esp. arrest those men.. but they would find first a solution that women are not prostituing themselves :bonk:

who is the first to tease the other?

the walking mang(oh, yeah, don't get me wrong: some are searching for prostitute) or the protistute hanging there waiting for the man to make her money? :bonk::bonk:

Edited by Ginger cat

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

First you might want to ask yourself, did she really offer FREE services? As soon as it is free, then it would just be casual sex, nothing more and nothing less.. kinda dumb to plea guilty for that.

Oh yeah they would... I have had something similar once, and there was no risk in getting busted as even paying for it would be perfectly legal in my country (hookers even have healthcare and social services like normal workers and they even got a union lol). Anyways, like said, I could get free services once, but, to be honest, I don't do those things. First of all I am very faithful, had the chance to cheat in the past a few times but never did. I have been cheated on once and I know how painful it can be so I would never do it to someone else. Before assuming that every guy does this, you might want to look at yourself and see that you apparently do not fall into the 'nice husband' category, you obviously went with that cop to the back of the building.

Which is a perfectly normal thing.. anyone who watches TV or uses the internet sees that they do these kind of things in the US. It is low and kind of mean, I agree, but still, it is quite stupid to actually fall for it.. I mean, come on, a stranger just speaks to you and offers you these things, for free? Kind of ignorant, don't you think?

Umm... you can fill in no, but be sure to have your application to be denied if you do this. Even though your file will not be held against you any longer after several years, something like this actually ends up in your immigration file since you are still an immigrant with only a permanent resident card.. they will immediately see that you lie if you say 'no' to the answer.

Criminal charges might be dropped, but dont forget there is more than one system around. The criminal record might be gone, or not even be there, but you are in the system.. they arrested you, most likely took your fingerprints and picture and be sure they put you in their system. That is something that will be there until the end of times. Your name WILL pop up at namechecks that are done by the FBI so, like said, you best fill in 'yes' to this answer, or just see how they will deny your application as it is considered fraud when you lie on such forms.

Oh well, I wouldn't worry much about it though. It is very unlikely that they will deny you to go through the naturalization process because of this.

Other than this all, I can only say that it is your own fault for going along with her.. I actually had a good laugh on your story as it is quite amusing to read it. But yeah, I doubt it will be held against you when you tell the truth on your forms.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

fahadkhan00,

You are missing the point completely. The only thing that pdf link (I provided in my previous post) points out is that whatever OP did actually may NOT fall under Crime Involving Moral Turpitude which is a big deal. Obviously the rest of the case (discussed in the pdf link) is different from OP's.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.