b_weeks

HCMC - Evidence you should have

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for PINNING this thread... Just trying to provide as much helpful information to everyone.

Keep it going. There is plenty of information not in this thread yet

• Accompanying Children
  • AP
  • Waivers
  • much more

Edited by b_weeks

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

what's the point in questioning whether the beneficiary have any relatives in the USA? my fiancee doesn't have nay, i'm just curious why they would ask? if she has relatives that means she could potentially just go off and live with them?

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Its common for viet kieu relatives to pay someone to marry a VN citizen relative for immigration purposes only... bringing relatives over that way is too common and the consulate was called to task on it several years ago when immigration fraud rings were busted......

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

advantage now = disadvantage when she gets here and feels so far away from family..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

justice record check--

my fiancee main residence is up north near thanh hoa...she got a justice record check there. she also went into saigon for a couple years to work. is it required to get a justice record check in there also? i would imagine no as her main residence is TH and if anything happens in saigon they'd just forward the info up north?

of course in VN getting things expedited=$$$. record check 25 days wait=100,000ng. getting in in 5 days and they mail it to your home=700,000ng

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

justice record check--

my fiancee main residence is up north near thanh hoa...she got a justice record check there. she also went into saigon for a couple years to work. is it required to get a justice record check in there also? i would imagine no as her main residence is TH and if anything happens in saigon they'd just forward the info up north?

of course in VN getting things expedited=$$$. record check 25 days wait=100,000ng. getting in in 5 days and they mail it to your home=700,000ng

They only need 1 but be sure that it looks like the example lindal posted in her photo section.. we initially had the wrong thing from the wrong office..

Timeline

They only need 1 but be sure that it looks like the example lindal posted in her photo section.. we initially had the wrong thing from the wrong office..

Where did you go when you got the wrong one Scott?

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Timeline

Where did you go when you got the wrong one Scott?

she went to the local police office in Hatay rather than the justice center in Hanoi since she lived in Hatay... they dont want small town anything and the local police office didnt even know what was needed whereas the justice center knew exactly...

Timeline

found lindal's photo...will compare.

my fiancee initially went to her local police station, but they told her she needed to go to thanh hoa and get it done. i am pretty sure it's correct as they knew out there in TH what she was talking about (and charged her for it).

we have so much paperwork and things to wade through as i try to cross-check and double check. i'm surprised other VJ'ers here don't even notice their fiance don't have a passport? it's like they don't even care :)

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

she went to the local police office in Hatay rather than the justice center in Hanoi since she lived in Hatay... they dont want small town anything and the local police office didnt even know what was needed whereas the justice center knew exactly...

My fiance lives in Tan Bien which is a town in the Tay Ninh Province. About 2 hours from HCMC. Should I tell her NOT to go to her local Tan Bien town police, but instead to go to the police station in the capital of Tay Ninh province??

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Timeline

the justice center and not the local police office

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys I have a question concerning notarizing the timeline of relationship. Can I type it up in English, sign it and then mail it to Vietnam and have them translate over there because it is cheaper. Over here I go to Catholic Charities and they charge me $50. There has to be another way. Thanks for answering.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys I have a question concerning notarizing the timeline of relationship. Can I type it up in English, sign it and then mail it to Vietnam and have them translate over there because it is cheaper. Over here I go to Catholic Charities and they charge me $50. There has to be another way. Thanks for answering.

The notary has to witness your signature. No need for a translation.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.