43 posts in this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just woke up. Going to my first massage therapist appt at 1pm and then to New Hampshire to get cigarettes. I think we're going to quit soon 'cause it'll be $9/pack pretty soon. :blink: Saw American East last night. It was ok but kind of predictable but hubby loved it. A little too preachy for me for a Friday night movie but it was ok though.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Just got back my electricity, we had big storms here, finally the rain has let up. Went and saw Robin Roberts last night you know the lady on Good Morning America, she was brilliant, she gave a wonderful talk. Might have to think about putting down my poor sick dog down, he is getting worst, he claws at his face until he bleeds, it is heartbreaking. I have him heavily sedated and started the new medicine, but he only sleeps for a little at a time and than wakes up and starts to have these fits at clawing his face. I will give it just a little while longer, I just hate to see a dog suffer so much. Of course I have only had him two months, but he has my heart now, and to lose him will break my heart. I always wonder who had this dog and what kind of people could put this poor sick old dog outside and just leave him, that is some cold folks.

caturday.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

good morning and happy Caturday all :)

Ganja sorry about the dog. that sucks.

Jess, I love to open the windows during a rain/thunder storm :)

Staashi - girl I cant beleive its time, seems like just yesterday you put that pregnancy ticker up. wow! goodluck and we'll sure be thinking of you!

enjoy your weekends everyone - I think we are going to head to the foothills for a picnic with a few of hubby's friends! we'll see how the girl does in 'nature' :lol:

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Afternoon everyone. Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi! :luv:

Staashi congrats and may you have a safe, healthy and EASY delivery! (F)

I need some name suggestions for our newest edition....anyone have ideas...It's going to be a girl and the first name needs to be an Arab name that American southerners won't have too hard of a time pronouncing. We just can't agree on one....*sigh*

So far these are in the running:

Ayah

Ameena

Habibah

Rana

Rasha

Janna

Leena

What do you guys think?

~Angie

OUR TIMELINE:

Met online: June 5, 2006

Met in person: February 5, 2007

Marriage: February 24, 2007 in Beirut, Lebanon

I-130 Sent: July 23, 2007

NOA1: September 4, 2007

Daughter Born: October 27, 2007

NOA2 (Both 1-130 & I-129): March 12, 2008

NVC receives I-129F, case # assigned: April 4, 2008 (They NEVER receive the I-130)

Interview Date: August 12, 2008

Visa in hand, 1 month exactly of AP/AR/name checks: September 12, 2008 (whoot! whoot!)

POE: October 16, 2008 (praying all goes smoothly!)

Abed arrives in Lexington, KY (FINALLY! What a rough trip for him!): October 17, 2008, 8:47am EST

Adjustment of Status:

Sent in April 16, 2009

Received NOA1 in mail: April 29, 2009

Biometrics Appt: May 13, 2009

RFE: May 11, 2009 (received May 14, 2009)

Sent in RFE (that we had already included in the original packet!): May 26, 2009

Resumed Processing: June 1, 2009

EAD Card Production Ordered: June 10, 2009 (thank you GOD!!)

Received EAD card: June 20, 2009

2nd Daughter Born: July 13, 2009

Interview Date: July 31, 2009...easy, breezy...Card Production Ordered!

Received 10 year green card : August 14, 2009

Baby Boy is born: May 17, 2012

Apply for Citizenship: October 22, 2012

Interview: January 11, 2013

Oath Date: April 12, 2013 (Covington, KY)

done Done and DONE!!! Praise God!

Now we get to work on getting his family to the US!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I need some name suggestions for our newest edition....anyone have ideas...It's going to be a girl and the first name needs to be an Arab name that American southerners won't have too hard of a time pronouncing. We just can't agree on one....*sigh*

Ayah

Ameena

Habibah

Rana

Rasha

Janna

Leena

What do you guys think?

~Angie

I vote for Janna! It's a beautiful name!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Saw American East last night. It was ok but kind of predictable but hubby loved it. A little too preachy for me for a Friday night movie but it was ok though.

I really liked parts of this film. I thought it had greater potential than the filmmakers were able to achieve. What started creating distance from me empathizing more with the main characters was so much exposition in their dialog and the suffering they endure as Muslims. I wanted them to show me more of their lives and traditions than be TOLD over and over. I liked the father character the best as he was always caught in the middle and struggled to remain neutral and respect everyone. I would like to see more films from Distant Horizon and Zahra Pictures! :pop:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Just woke up. Going to my first massage therapist appt at 1pm and then to New Hampshire to get cigarettes. I think we're going to quit soon 'cause it'll be $9/pack pretty soon. :blink: Saw American East last night. It was ok but kind of predictable but hubby loved it. A little too preachy for me for a Friday night movie but it was ok though.

Smoke til you choke! :thumbs:

1ciginfo1.gif

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

One more day and Staashi pops! Staashi just want to say right now cos we might not hear from you tomorrow and I'm sure everything will be fine! Congrats on the birth of you baby!

This Saturday I have to go up to school and edit my news package. I only have 5 hours to do it all in. Once I get started it goes pretty fast.

Sunday all the Borah Symposium guests should be heading to town as it kicks of Sunday night at 7PM with a film at the Kenworthy.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Long time no see! Good morning and Happy Saturday everyone....

Staashi, congratulations on the very soon to come baby! I noticed many updated baby pictures and everyone are sure growing up -- cuter too!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello everyone! I agree Janna is pretty. Leena would be easy for people to pronounce too.

Today my Farsi school is having a program for Norooz and I am going to say a few sentences in Farsi! Wish me luck! :-P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ayah

Ameena

Habibah

Rana

Rasha

Janna

Leena

What do you guys think?

~Angie

My little girl (once I have one inchallah) will be Amina or Layla but I also have two cousins with Aya and Lina and one coming on the way named Rania. It's such a hard decision but I go with Leena :) I love the meaning of Jannah but I can't see it as a name or obvious Arab name if you know what I mean

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck Stashi!!! I'm sure everything will go smoothly. C-section babies are awesome 'cause their heads aren't all cone shaped the first day. :lol:

Ok for anyone who's a massage therapist....has anyone ever thought of making a massage chair with a dent where yr boobies go? Seriously if one is well endowed in that area, laying for an hour on your stomach is a close second to getting a mammogram! :wacko:

I vote for Leena. Very easy to pronounce with any type of accent.

Henna I felt exactly the same way about the dialogue. It was definitely more like a propoganda movie instead of just a movie with subtle suggestions as to what life is like here for muslims. I just hope it's really not like that EVER where we live, even if we're on red alert.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.