jhcruz18

Falling in Love

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After three months of emails and another three months of emails and phone calls, I knew that Ivonne was someone I could easily fall in love with. By the end of my first visit to Bogota, I KNEW she was THE ONE! She has a great faith in God and loves our Lord, Jesus. She has a tender heart, a beautiful spirit, and solid Christian faith and values. She is fun to be with and brings great joy to my life. She is truly a gift from God. Part of my vows to her was to promise to love her just as Christ loves the Church.

Ephesians 5:25-27 (King James Version)

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

I believe with all of my heart that Ivonne is the one woman in all of the world that God Himself has chosen to be my wife. How can I possibly argue with that!

God Bless,

RickD

RickD

http://www.freebizfromhome.com

If you really want things to change, you actually have to DO something!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I love my soon to be hubby because he is truly the best thing that has happened to me. I was married before and so I knew exactly what to NOT look for. I wasn't even looking and I found him, though. And sure enough he meets all the requirements that I wanted in a man. He respects me, my opinions, my likes and dislikes. He pays enough attention to gather his own conclusions about all of that. He is completely selfless, and knows his priorities: Jehovah God, then family, then friends, etc. He is very family oriented and has adopted my family as his own. Even with his limited English and among my translating, the other night on speakerphone with my mom he says "Good night, Mom!" We have the same goals: we want to have a good conscience in a relationship with God and to serve him first and foremost, we know that this life is not all there is and so we live accordingly, he is not focused on material things or pleasure, just wants to be happy in a simple way. He has taken care of me when I was sick as a dog, and appreciates the work that I do in and out of the household. I could go on and on about how connected we are, how we like almost the same things, etc., and how we met 1900 miles away but we are "la pareja ideal" - the ideal couple. I only hope for this type of love for everyone out there!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

i met my husband unexpectedly. I didn't even wanna go out the night that I met him. We had common friends and there was a dinner planned. he's everything to me and i never thought i would finally find the person I'd wanna be with forever. Like I thought I was complete when I met him, but then he made me realize everything that I was missing out on in life. I love him sooooooo much.

Hi Guys,,

Hi Mariel, yes u r right there. God should be the center of any relationship. Everything is possible with God.

To angel na Pasaway: yes u r right. My husband and I agreed to work things out between us no matter how hard it is. Since we are raised very differently there are certain things that we do not agree about but thanks God we always sort out things between us.

My husband fell in love with me first when he saw my pic! hahaha! then i got a message from him but only read it after a few days as i was busy in school but He was thinking i ignored him. haha. then we started talking online and texting each other. I remember he told me " You would fall in love with me everyday." I just laughed coz i could'nt believe at first how serious he was. But he was! So I said yes!! Now I'm so in love with my husband.

I prayed that I would meet someone like him, and truly God is an amazing God! He knows the desires of your heart.

Goodluck to us guys!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

These stories are so sweet.... i met my hubby on myspace.... 3 years ago... and since then hes been everything I ever wanted and i feel so blessed! :)

This immigration thing is the only thing keeping us apart.... and also the military! lol

Good luck to all and lets pray we will be with our loved ones REAL soon!!

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DID I MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON?

Here's the answer.

EVERY relationship has a cycle. In the beginning, you fell in love with your spouse/partner. You anticipated their call, wanted their touch, and liked their

idiosyncrasies (unconventional behavior/habit).

Falling in love with your spouse wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to

DO anything. That's why it's called 'falling' in love... Because it's happening TO YOU.

People in love sometimes say, 'I was swept off my feet.' Think about the imagery of that __expression.

It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something came along and happened

TO YOU.

Falling in love is easy. It's a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few years of marriage, the euphoria (excitement) of love fades. It's the natural cycle of EVERY relationship. Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's

idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts.

The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship, but if you think about your marriage, you will

notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.

At this point, you and/or your spouse might start asking, 'Did I marry the right person?' And as you and your spouse reflect on the

euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when marriages breakdown. People blame their spouse for their unhappiness and look outside their marriage for fulfillment.

Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes. Infidelity is the most obvious. But sometimes people turn to work,

a hobby, a friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances.

But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your marriage. It lies within it. I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else.

You could.

And TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later. Because (listen carefully to this):

THE KEY TO SUCCEEDING IN MARRIAGE IS NOT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON; IT'S LEARNING TO LOVE THE PERSON YOU FOUND.

SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. It'll NEVER just happen to you. You can't 'find' LASTING love. You have to 'make' it day in and day out. That's why we have the __expression 'the labor of love.'

Because it takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it takes WISDOM. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make your marriage work.

Make no mistake about it. Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your spouse) to succeed with your marriage.

Just as there are physical laws of the universe (such as gravity), there are also laws for relationships.

Just as the right diet and exercise program makes you physically stronger, certain habits in your relationship

WILL make your marriage stronger. It's a direct cause and effect. If you know and apply the laws, the results are predictable... you can 'make'

love.

Love in marriage is indeed a 'decision'... Not just a feeling.

Remember this always:

'God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.'

Proposed: 08/08/08

Married: January 21, 2009

CR-1 Visa Journey:

I-130 Journey

02/09/2009:Sent

02/13/2009:NOA1 Receipt

NO RFE

03/13/2009: NOA2 Receipt "APPROVED AT USCIS in 28 days"

03/16/2009: FORWARDED TO NVC

04/21/2009: NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED MNLXXXXX

04/24/2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 by email

04/25/2009: Paid AOS/I-864 online

04/25/2009: Emailed DS 3032

04/28/2009: Received Payment Receipt for AOS/I-864

04/29/2009: Mailed barcoded DS3032/AOS/I-864

04/30/2009: NVC received I-864

05/01/2009: DS3032 accepted as per AVR

05/04/2009: Paid IV Bill

05/05/2009: IV Bill Receipt

06/09/2009: CFO Seminar

07/10/2009: Sent DS230

07/11/2009: NVC Received DS 230

07/22/2009:Case completed at NVC (thank GOD no RFE)

08/11/2009: Medical Passed (SLMEC)

09/11/2009: Interview PASSED

09/16/2009: Visa Received

09/26/2009: US Entry (POE SFO) "It was quick i was out in 20 minutes"

10/05/2009: SS# Received by Mail

10/13/2009: Green Card and Welcome Notice Received

10/20/2009: Applied for California ID

10/30/2009: Ca ID received

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities". Rose and Dan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

why did i fall in love with my husband?...i think the question should be why not? he is the whole package! tall dark and handsome and smart...hahahaha but thats not all...he respects me very much and he is my number one fan! he is my cheerleader! we have been through thick and thin...like everything that you can imagine!

we were always together...like stuck together even before we got married and it becomes so much more meaningful when you make your partner your best friend. our relationship has gotten so much more stronger since we are continents apart. he is a very good father and so very hardworking...i miss so much...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

why did i fall in love with my husband?...i think the question should be why not? he is the whole package! tall dark and handsome and smart...hahahaha but thats not all...he respects me very much and he is my number one fan! he is my cheerleader! we have been through thick and thin...like everything that you can imagine!

we were always together...like stuck together even before we got married and it becomes so much more meaningful when you make your partner your best friend. our relationship has gotten so much more stronger since we are continents apart. he is a very good father and so very hardworking...i miss so much...

As crazy as this may sound, I loved my husband before I ever met him, he was the person I always dreamed of.

But I truly fell in love with him, when he said I need to tell you something, he told me he was Muslim, I said oh okay, well Im Luthern, then I laughed and said cant we still be friends? He laughed and smiled like a kid in a candy store, those apple cheeks of his, "sigh" , from then I knew I would spend the rest of my life with him.

He is the reason I breath today , and as he tells me, Im his everything. I love how he so protective of me, crossing a street, passing a gang of kids on the side walk, getting on the Metro late at night, etc. my protector, my love, and always my heart.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met him playing final fantasy online a couple years before we became a couple. My ex-husband was our linkshell leader (I was married to my ex still), and he led our in game events, lol.

Anyhow, within the year after that, he got divorced from his wife, and a few months later I divorced my husband. SInce we always talked on a friendship level, a couple months after my separation I started talking to him about my feelings regarding my separation - how hard it was, etc. He helped me tremendously. After 3 months or so of him helping me, we started to talk a lot more, and we fell in love talking over the phone, skype, MSN for hours a day. Then he decided to fly me to see him. I spent a week. Two days later we missed eachother like crazy, and he got me another ticket for 3 days later to go back and see him, LOL. (he didn thave his passport yet to come see me but during that trip he went to go apply for it).

Ever since then we have been madly in love. He is one of the few true gentlemen left in this world - treats his family with respect, is a HUGE family guy, always opens doors for me, always tells me how beautiful I am even if Im sick as a dog, he's always there for me, he has such a warm compassionate heart, and seeing how protective he got of myself and my kids from my exhusband made me realize how much I love him too. He's truly my soulmate; my bestfriend :blush:(L)

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

I don't know why....

I think I loved Umit before I was born, and we finally met just now...

;)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We met playing World of Warcraft. I knew him for over a year before things became personal for us. I am a big flirt and loud and outgoing, and he is very quiet and not a flirt, so he was not even on my radar. He definately snuck up on me. His schedule at work changed, and that meant he was online at the same times I was much more often. We ended up working on things just the two of us, we started talking about ourselves, and it did not take long before we became the center of each others daily lives. E-mailing from work, talking for hours every night on ventrilo. He was ready to come meet me within a couple months but schedules did not work out so it was about 4 months. We talked ahead of time and agreed that if we met in person and the same spark was not there, than no harm no foul, we just hang out as friends and move on. The moment I saw him walking into arrivals at the airport, I knew. I will never forget his smile, the look on his face when he saw me. One of the things I miss the most is the way he looks at me, like there is nothing else in the world. He came over to me and immediately kissed me and that was it. There was no awkwardness, no nervousness, it was like I had been with him forever. It just fit.

Why did I fall in love with him? I don't know exactly. He compliments me, he is everything I am not. He is calm and steady and I tend to be a bit hyper and emotional. I worry about things and he doesn't. He taught me to trust again. If he says he is going to do something, he does it. He has never let me down. He is the most affectionate person I have known. I believe in him, and if you knew me, you would know how amazing that is for me, to have someone I can believe in.

The question is not why do I love him, but who wouldn't love him?

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Well for me it was my wifes screaming HOT body!!! For my wife it was my extra-large ummm...tool... you get the picture ours is strictly a sexual relationship!!! :lol:

Its her getting up at 5am every morning taking care of my morning wood and making me b-fast...her driving 100 miles every day to bring me lunch and having dinner ready at 6pm, its having the house spotless, the baby in bed asleep and a cold beer waiting for me the second I walk in the door, it's her sitting on the floor at my feet and being quite waiting for me to finish my 7th beer so we can go to bed and take care of MY needs...God it's good to be King!

:jest::jest::jest:

I had to throw that in after all the religious garbage that popped up in this thread...

On to what I love about my wife for real...

Accually its her faults that I love the most, it's her ability to keep me calm with just her being in the room, it's how she gets me (the only other female in the world to get me was my mom). Accually my list is small but its the small things that matter the most as the small things become big problems later in a relationship.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DID I MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON?

Here's the answer.

EVERY relationship has a cycle. In the beginning, you fell in love with your spouse/partner. You anticipated their call, wanted their touch, and liked their

idiosyncrasies (unconventional behavior/habit).

Falling in love with your spouse wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to

DO anything. That's why it's called 'falling' in love... Because it's happening TO YOU.

People in love sometimes say, 'I was swept off my feet.' Think about the imagery of that __expression.

It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something came along and happened

TO YOU.

Falling in love is easy. It's a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few years of marriage, the euphoria (excitement) of love fades. It's the natural cycle of EVERY relationship. Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's

idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts.

The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship, but if you think about your marriage, you will

notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.

At this point, you and/or your spouse might start asking, 'Did I marry the right person?' And as you and your spouse reflect on the

euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when marriages breakdown. People blame their spouse for their unhappiness and look outside their marriage for fulfillment.

Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes. Infidelity is the most obvious. But sometimes people turn to work,

a hobby, a friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances.

But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your marriage. It lies within it. I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else.

You could.

And TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later. Because (listen carefully to this):

THE KEY TO SUCCEEDING IN MARRIAGE IS NOT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON; IT'S LEARNING TO LOVE THE PERSON YOU FOUND.

SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. It'll NEVER just happen to you. You can't 'find' LASTING love. You have to 'make' it day in and day out. That's why we have the __expression 'the labor of love.'

Because it takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it takes WISDOM. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make your marriage work.

Make no mistake about it. Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your spouse) to succeed with your marriage.

Just as there are physical laws of the universe (such as gravity), there are also laws for relationships.

Just as the right diet and exercise program makes you physically stronger, certain habits in your relationship

WILL make your marriage stronger. It's a direct cause and effect. If you know and apply the laws, the results are predictable... you can 'make'

love.

Love in marriage is indeed a 'decision'... Not just a feeling.

Remember this always:

'God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.'

smiley_clapjump.gif

I fall in love with him every day in a new way, for a different reason....

The first night I looked into his eyes and heard him speak the words in my soul.

The moment I learned we shared a grief of losing our mothers too young.

The morning he said I should encourage my Dad to love again.

The time he drank too much and was so embarrassed :D

The last time I laid eyes on him and saw the way he looked at me.

The sweet comfort in knowing he loves me with all that he has.

The way he is so reliable that I could set my watch by him.

The way he always wants for my safety, my comfort, my peace, my happiness.

I pray that I can always find a place of gratitude for the soul that God sent to watch over me.

I pray that we can love, and endure the way our parents did, through the good and through the bad until death do us part.

I pray that with my last breath I am looking into his eyes and he into mine.

I pray that there are MANY, MANY happy years between this breath and that one.

I pray that I continue to fall in love with him every day in a new way, for a different reason (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.