Imran

delay because of RFE problem?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance is in Vancouver, canada, and all we had left was the interview when this whole RFE problem started. I still have not received an RFE, have not been touched. I received a notice of action back in april and have received nothing since. I don't know when they will send me the RFE as they keep saying "you should get it soon". I read on another thread that it takes them about two weeks to process it after you submit it. My processing center is Vermont so hopefully it will move quickly. Problem is we had made wedding plans in the united states for end of august -early september based on the original timeframe given, and now I'm afraid the visa will get delayed, and we've put money down already. Since all we had left was the interview do you guys think once I get the form and submit we should still be okay? I dont have any criminal history so it should be quick for them to process. Is there a way to request a interview date quickly so you're not waiting weeks for the date? The final decision is made right there when you have the interview right? Thanks for the help.

( OurI-129F was submitted and received on march 16, 2006 and we got a first notice of action on april 18, 2006 ).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My fiance is in Vancouver, canada, and all we had left was the interview when this whole RFE problem started. I still have not received an RFE, have not been touched. I received a notice of action back in april and have received nothing since. I don't know when they will send me the RFE as they keep saying "you should get it soon". I read on another thread that it takes them about two weeks to process it after you submit it. My processing center is Vermont so hopefully it will move quickly. Problem is we had made wedding plans in the united states for end of august -early september based on the original timeframe given, and now I'm afraid the visa will get delayed, and we've put money down already. Since all we had left was the interview do you guys think once I get the form and submit we should still be okay? I dont have any criminal history so it should be quick for them to process. Is there a way to request a interview date quickly so you're not waiting weeks for the date? The final decision is made right there when you have the interview right? Thanks for the help.

( OurI-129F was submitted and received on march 16, 2006 and we got a first notice of action on april 18, 2006 ).

Do you have an NOA2? If you fill out your timeline, we might be able to advise a bit more.

Right now RFEs are going out, but thus far no one who was actually approved and sent on to the NVC has gotten one. To be honest, I'd plan for a worst case scenario here, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by elizaxyz

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I have never received an nOA2. but the application went to the vancouver embassy actually. is that odd that I never received one? I need to figure out how to add the timeline feature. They sent a whole packet to my fiance asking her to fill out many forms, and then schedule an interview. Thank you for the help.

Do you have an NOA2? If you fill out your timeline, we might be able to advise a bit more.

Right now RFEs are going out, but thus far no one who was actually approved and sent on to the NVC has gotten one. To be honest, I'd plan for a worst case scenario here, just to be on the safe side.

Timeline
Thanks for the reply. I have never received an nOA2. but the application went to the vancouver embassy actually. is that odd that I never received one? I need to figure out how to add the timeline feature. They sent a whole packet to my fiance asking her to fill out many forms, and then schedule an interview. Thank you for the help.

The NOA2 is the approval notice from USCIS; they must have generated one in order for your petition to have been sent on to NVC and then to Vancouver. Presumably yours was lost in the mail or something. You're going to need that in the future, though. Does the USCIS website say that your case was approved?

I'm in the same boat as you; My fiance got packet 3 and then was informed that the case had been recalled due to IMBRA. Presumably after the RFEs are sent out and processed, we'll get new NOA2s, since we'll have to be re-approved. There's a whole thread on this subject in the IMBRA forum. A lot of people are trying to figure out what to do about wedding plans right now. There's just no way of knowing right now how long this will take.

Here's the thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18011

Timeline

I just talked to USCIS and asked why I never received a NOA2 even though teh application was sent to the Vancouver embassy, he said the NOA ( the only one that i did receive that says "The above petition has been approved" is the only approval needed). So I'm confused because when I asked if its normal procedure for everyone to receive two notice of actions, he said no. So he says I should call the vancouver embassy to see if they have my application.

The NOA2 is the approval notice from USCIS; they must have generated one in order for your petition to have been sent on to NVC and then to Vancouver. Presumably yours was lost in the mail or something. You're going to need that in the future, though. Does the USCIS website say that your case was approved?

I'm in the same boat as you; My fiance got packet 3 and then was informed that the case had been recalled due to IMBRA. Presumably after the RFEs are sent out and processed, we'll get new NOA2s, since we'll have to be re-approved. There's a whole thread on this subject in the IMBRA forum. A lot of people are trying to figure out what to do about wedding plans right now. There's just no way of knowing right now how long this will take.

Here's the thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18011

Timeline

If it says it was approved, then that was the NOA2. Most people do get two notices; the NOA1 acknowledges receipt of the application, and the NOA2 is the approval notice. And that is definitely normal procedure to get both. USCIS operators drive me up the wall at times...

It probably wouldn't hurt to find out from the consulate when your application was sent back to USCIS. It helps to have all the info at hand when talking to USCIS.

Come over to the IMBRA forum, there's lots of information over there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe you can try and contact USCIS or your embassy and get your receipt number. That way you can check your status online on USCIS website. :)

Lots of us who have gotten our interviews cancelled or who have gotten both NOA1 and NOA2 have been waiting for updates and for RFE's to be sent. Some people have been touched but still haven't gotten anything regarding IMBRA.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.