LDora

Weird Things Americans Have Said To/Asked Me

425 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't know if this has been added to the thread yet but here it goes:

Hubby calls to order pizza...."I'd like to order a jumbo pizza with light sauce, italian sausage, pepperoni, extra cheese and tomatoes on one side"...

Pizza guy, "which side do you want the cheese on, left or right?"

Hubby, "huh?"

lol....my son said, "when you get the pizza, open it up turn the pizza around and tell them that they put it on the wrong side...you want your money back!"

Too funny! NEVER have I been asked that in Canada!

:blink: I don't get it....

Haha me either. I'm guessing they want everything but the tomatoes on both sides and then the tomatoes on only one side??

Really?? you haven't heard of that? If one person wants one thing & the other person doesn't, you just ask for half the pizza with that topping.

Yes, I've heard of it, but the way you explain the order is kind of confusing. The reply is just as confusing, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to call it pop back in Canada but sometime after moving here I started calling it soda.. not sure when exactly that happened though..

I know my hubby would look at me strange when I called it pop ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't know if this has been added to the thread yet but here it goes:

Hubby calls to order pizza...."I'd like to order a jumbo pizza with light sauce, italian sausage, pepperoni, extra cheese and tomatoes on one side"...

Pizza guy, "which side do you want the cheese on, left or right?"

Hubby, "huh?"

lol....my son said, "when you get the pizza, open it up turn the pizza around and tell them that they put it on the wrong side...you want your money back!"

Too funny! NEVER have I been asked that in Canada!

:blink: I don't get it....

Haha me either. I'm guessing they want everything but the tomatoes on both sides and then the tomatoes on only one side??

Really?? you haven't heard of that? If one person wants one thing & the other person doesn't, you just ask for half the pizza with that topping.

Yes, I've heard of it, but the way you explain the order is kind of confusing. The reply is just as confusing, LOL.

You should have replied the "Top side"...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
There are places, I believe Connecticut where they have pizza with just sauce, no cheese :P

I think pizza here is super weird. My husband brought me to this place in Philly when I first visted and got me a slize of pizza with just cheese and sauce - by the by he claimed it was the BEST pizza ever. Umm where's the toppings?

He told me that adding toppings to a pizza other than cheese and sauce was sacrilegious.

Also told me that going to mainstream pizza places like papa johns, dominoes etc was also sacrilegious.

My husband is a food snob.

I tell ya growing up, we couldn't afford to be food snobs, you ate what was in front of you and if it was pizza night and the pizza came from pizza pizza you didn't care. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I'm going to miss my Topper's pizza when I move.

On the pop/soda thing. I all it Soda Pop. That way everyone knows what I'm talking about!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I don't even really like pizza, but my favorite place to get pizza was pizzaville. I miss pizzaville.

*in an accent* It was a rainy day in pizzaville...

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I'm going to miss my Topper's pizza when I move.

On the pop/soda thing. I all it Soda Pop. That way everyone knows what I'm talking about!

In southern Illinois down on the farm they call is Sody.

Up in Chicago we call is either Pop or Soda.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
There are places, I believe Connecticut where they have pizza with just sauce, no cheese :P

I think pizza here is super weird. My husband brought me to this place in Philly when I first visted and got me a slize of pizza with just cheese and sauce - by the by he claimed it was the BEST pizza ever. Umm where's the toppings?

He told me that adding toppings to a pizza other than cheese and sauce was sacrilegious.

Also told me that going to mainstream pizza places like papa johns, dominoes etc was also sacrilegious.

I tell ya growing up, we couldn't afford to be food snobs, you ate what was in front of you and if it was pizza night and the pizza came from pizza pizza you didn't care. :lol:

Pizza here is the same, just with better and more selection of toppings I think. It's just your husband and a select few that like it with just cheese.

Only bad pizza I ever had was my friends in Florida telling me about the most amazing New York Pizza you could get there. It was authenticly New York made by New Yorkers etc. I thought it was the most revolting pizza on earth and vowed I will never eat pizza now in New York because of that horrid experience...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think to some degree everyone is a food snob. People from philly would scoff at someone eating a philly cheesesteak sammich from subway just as I laugh at taco bell. Best pizza i've ever had was in Chicago. I <3 the deep dish pizza there, but what do I know, i'm from L.A., our pizza is awful.

Timeline

Yes Chicago deep dish is the best!

Dammit there is a place in Wrigleyville near the Metro I go to when I am there - SO FREAKING YUMMY!

Yea everyone is a food snob to an extent, but at times my husband's snobbery gets in the way of trying some really good things. :lol:

He's an amazing cook though so perhaps his snobbery is welcome at times.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

I really liked the garlic dipping sauce from pizza pizza. I think I'll put that on my shopping list for next visit. lol

I don't even really like pizza, but my favorite place to get pizza was pizzaville. I miss pizzaville.

omg, I had totally forgotten about that commercial. :lol:

iagree.gif

That's 736-36-36...not 7freesex-freesex-freesex :lol:

LOVED those ads

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

That's 736-36-36...not 7freesex-freesex-freesex :lol:

LOVED those ads

:lol:

Still think it was the best radio ad ever. It always had me laughing!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's funny. Cheese pizza here also really shocked me. But, it's actually really growing on me now. I realized after moving here, that I never really like toppings on my pizza in the first place, we just always got toppings because that was the thing to do!

Warlord - Definitely try NY pizza, it's DELISH. I'm sure the pizza you had in Florida was a crappy comparison.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.