mrsB

Will I EVER get to USA?

279 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

mrsB, good luck. You really need your husband to get in on the ball and contact these people. Minya's wife is correct in that as the USC he is the one who can do all this. It's frustrating to be so helpless, but unfortunately your husband will have to contact these people. I don't think contacting any offices in Finland will do much good, since this is a US issue. You got your NOA1 a year ago. It's seriously time for your husband to start making phone calls and writing letters on your behalf.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I would.. this is important to you.. as long as you are "way past" like me, I don't care who I take down.. I have even been in contact with FBI as well as USCIS internal people too (Deputy Director)..

yes gogo but....you are the US citizen kicking but and taking names because your file is not being processed in a timely manner. It seems to me that mrsB's husband is not taking such an active role in the immigration process, yet it is only he who has the power to move things along on this side. she cannot as she is the foreign beneficiary.

Exactly right. If the USC does not take the time to move heaven and earth -- the beneficiary has absolutely no power. Zero. Zip. Nada. :no:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that's true.. that's why I wrote a statement for her to tell him earlier in this thread.. yes, you are right.. we can make it hell for them too, but the beneficiary cannot.. sometimes they don't even answer my wife's emails/inquiries to the Guangzhou Consulate.. but they had always answered mine until recently.. sometimes I don't get a response, so that's why I transferred my hell to Mr DD..

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I've e-mailed the Finnish ministry of foreign affairs - just in case. Probably won't help much, but well... I wish my husband would have some time to call all these people I now have numbers for... even the president :( I guess, if he won't soon start MAKING TIME, it's time for me to start heading toward plan B...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I've e-mailed the Finnish ministry of foreign affairs - just in case. Probably won't help much, but well... I wish my husband would have some time to call all these people I now have numbers for... even the president :( I guess, if he won't soon start MAKING TIME, it's time for me to start heading toward plan B...

And what is your plan B?? :whistle:

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Going to try to pursue a new career, with horses, here in Finland, buy my own horse, my own house and live happily ever after? ;D

That means....you are going to live in your country without your husband????? I know it's hard but don't give up!!!!!!! :star:

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Timeline

Well we've been doing it for many, many years now... being married is well.. a piece of paper, our relationship is still the same. It wouldn't be that big of an adjustment, though I'd need a way to be able to visit my husband in USA now and then.

Timeline

Husband called the USCIS yesterday again and after a loooong while he got to someone of some importance who was saying that they're now doing security checks with the biometrics my husband had provided. They said this can't take more than 6 MONTHS. They were speaking of September, but my husband gave his biometrics in June... so 6 months would be up in December.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well we've been doing it for many, many years now... being married is well.. a piece of paper, our relationship is still the same. It wouldn't be that big of an adjustment, though I'd need a way to be able to visit my husband in USA now and then.

You are still married and seeking to be together - you are going through an incredibly tough time being apart but by "sticking at it" you are proving your marriage/relationship is not just a whim.. that is substantial evidence in itself, after all this time don't give up!

This underlying discussion about your husband not doing all he can to fix the situation is somewhat concerning however.. hope it works out for you both.

Happily married (save for distance) since August 2008!

NOA1: (130) Received within 2 weeks of filing.

NOA1: (129) Received within 2 weeks of filing.

I-130: Processed at 6 months 16 days

I-129: (F) Processed at 6 months 16 days (day before my birthday thank you USCIS!)

NOA2: (130) Received 6 days after approval.

NOA2: (129) Received 6 days after approval.

2nd July 2009 - NVC Received Case And Assigned Number.

10th July 2009 - Notification Received Stating K3 Package Sent To Beneficiary.

20th July 2009 - A One Sheet Letter Received With URL To Forms Required To Be Filled.

5th August 2009 - Medical Arranged.

14th August 2009 - Medical Taken.

27th August 2009 - IV-15 & Related Forms Signed For At London Embassy.

26th October 2009 - K3 Visa Interview - Approved! :D

..a lot of stuff..

December 19th 2011 - AoS Approved.. and sixteen Elephants fell from my shoulders.

Husband called the USCIS yesterday again and after a loooong while he got to someone of some importance who was saying that they're now doing security checks with the biometrics my husband had provided. They said this can't take more than 6 MONTHS. They were speaking of September, but my husband gave his biometrics in June... so 6 months would be up in December.

with all due respect mrsB, you don't really get it, do you? At this point, your husband calling USCIS is useless, you writing the Finnish foreign minister is even more useless. Your husband, needs to be calling and writing everyone and their mother to get some action on your behalf. Congressen, senators, Department of Homeland Security, The White House, local and national media, EVERYONE. Paralell to this, he should be making contact with some damn good immigraiton attorney's to see if there is something that can be done on the legal front. I'm sorry, but when it comes to such an issue as this, money should not be the detractor. Take out a loan orwork out a payment plan with the attorneys if need be....get it done!

Unless they've told your husband the reason and you're not willing to share on a public forum, there is no valid reason that I know of for why biometrics would be requested and subsequent security checks be performed on a natural born US citizen (your husband is not a naturalized citizen is he?)...or for that matter a naturalized one either. He is the petitioner....not the beneificiary. Those checks are performed on the beneficiary.

There are definitely enough abnormalities in your processing that your husband should be furiously trying to resolve. That is what you do when you're married...when you love your spouse. You do not work so much that you don't have time to see why the he!! your petition for your WIFE has not been approved, you do not get too tired of discussing the subject, you do not not have enough money to do whatever is necessary! I'm sorry, but his priorities seem skewed, and you, by virtue of your foreign birth are powerless to do $hit unless your husband steps up to the plate.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Mrs B, I am starting to wonder about your marriage, really... I mean, he could care less, and is "too tired and busy" to work on getting you here...and you're ready to just "go on" with your life and live alone, seeing your husband from time to time... Maybe there is something a little deeper here? Perhaps in your hearts, you've both called it quits, but neither one has the courage to come out and say, "It's over between us"...and so this delay in getting things done is just a blanket for deeper issues??? I'm just thinking out loud here. I don't mean to offend you in any way, but it's an observation I've made as your posts continue.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Perhaps it happened and you didn't mention it, but did your husband ever go to an Infopass appointment? I saw it was recommended a couple of times.

I REALLY hope you get your NOA2 soon. Reading threads like this (and I just read the ENTIRE thread) make me fear that this type of thing could happen to anyone (including myself).

For those who got their approval within 2-5 months of filing, count your blessings!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Usually when the petition is being held by FBI, or security checks, they have seen something of interest and could possibly be something about your husband, with all this weird bio on him. And this unfortunaly can take years to resolve before approvals, interviews and visas in hand. Contacting people in Finland will not help you at all, it is a US immigration issue, they will not get involved. Your husband should be constantly on this. It should be one of his priorities. However, there have been people on VJ who deffinatly ended up on security checks for years before anything happened.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.