Sharon

SNOWSTORM CHECK!!

145 posts in this topic

Southern Washington State, 11:28 am

Grey skies clearing to sun. No precipitation.

*runs away before y'all kill me*

(There -is- a reason I live where I do. Snow is a 4-letter word.) :lol:

Ok dear, before you were being a slider - NOW you're just being a b!tch! :D

These pictures were taken in Norwell Mass about 10 mins ago

HOLY #######! Now THAT is a BLIZZARD! Wow!

Stay warm and safe, girl! (L)

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Southern Washington State, 11:28 am

Grey skies clearing to sun. No precipitation.

*runs away before y'all kill me*

(There -is- a reason I live where I do. Snow is a 4-letter word.) :lol:

Ok dear, before you were being a slider - NOW you're just being a b!tch! :D

Luv you too sweetie. ;) *grins cheekily at you*

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That picture is so pretty.

This is my first year that I didnt see any snow :no:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I'm in Western Newfoundland (the Great White North :lol: ) It is -7C (19F) with windchill of -16C. Usually a lot colder than that this time of year. We haven't had what you would call our 'typical' winter yet. We've had 1 storm so far. And tonight we're supposed to be hit by the blizzard! I guess we're so used to it by now nothing phases us!! Stay safe everybody and keep warm...........{{{{HUGS}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Lolo:

:o:o Holy Tomatos!!!

You're buried! :o

New York City, 2pm today!

post-2375-1139774047_thumb.jpg

Wow! Newfoundland. Isn't that where "The Shipping News" was filmed/took place?

Hello, I'm in Western Newfoundland (the Great White North :lol: ) It is -7C (19F) with windchill of -16C. Usually a lot colder than that this time of year. We haven't had what you would call our 'typical' winter yet. We've had 1 storm so far. And tonight we're supposed to be hit by the blizzard! I guess we're so used to it by now nothing phases us!! Stay safe everybody and keep warm...........{{{{HUGS}}}
Edited by awaterlily

Lolo:

Man, i'm still looking for my car...!

Laurence and Charlie

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank freaking God I dont live there, the snow we get in Central Oregon is bad enough for me, I'd be having a mental breakdown thinking of driving in that, I'd be certifiable :yes::lol:

Emily (Me) American (Oregon) - Shane (Him) Australian (Adelaide)

I-130

July 21st, 2005 - Mailed petition

July 25th, 2005 - Petition delivered to Nebraska

August 2nd, 2005 - Petition received at CSC

August 3rd, 2005 - Mailed NOA1

August 5th, 2005 - Money order cashed!!!!

August 9th, 2005 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 18th, 2006 - NOA2

I-129F

October 19th, 2005 - Mailed petition

October 23rd, 2005 - Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox

October 26th, 2005 - NOA1

December 1st, 2005 - APPROVED!!!!

December 12th, 2005 - NVC Received

December 15th 2005 - Petition left NVC

December 28th, 2005 - Received by Sydney

January 2nd, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

January 9th, 2006 - DS-230 Pt. 1 and Checklist sent to Sydney

February 28th 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!!

March 2006 - He's home!!!! :)

Our 2 year anniversary!!!!

.png

Our 1 year marriage anniversary!!!!

.png

Timeline

So, besides reading and providing storm stats on VJ today, what else is everyone doing since being housebound?

I've made blueberry scones and chicken vegetable stew. :P

Also, cleaning, ironing, and chatting via webcam with my husband (L)

Edited by awaterlily

Timeline
Lolo:

:yes: The one and only Newfoundland & Labrador. Kevin Spacey arrived here with his entourage (security etc) and ended up sending most of them back to the States because there was no need of it here. People just treated him like one of the locals. He even went out and played pool at the local bar. Didn't need security. We're a pretty laid back breed. Gotta love it. Thanks for pointing it out. And of course you've heard of the beautiful Newfoundland Dogs........{{{HUGS}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

March 24 - Medical

Timeline

That is an awesome movie! I have the book and watched the film a few times. Does that house really exist or was it made for the movie?

yes: The one and only Newfoundland & Labrador. Kevin Spacey arrived here with his entourage (security etc) and ended up sending most of them back to the States because there was no need of it here. People just treated him like one of the locals. He even went out and played pool at the local bar. Didn't need security. We're a pretty laid back breed. Gotta love it. Thanks for pointing it out. And of course you've heard of the beautiful Newfoundland Dogs........{{{HUGS}}}[/color]

Timeline
That is an awesome movie! I have the book and watched the film a few times. Does that house really exist or was it made for the movie?

yes: The one and only Newfoundland & Labrador. Kevin Spacey arrived here with his entourage (security etc) and ended up sending most of them back to the States because there was no need of it here. People just treated him like one of the locals. He even went out and played pool at the local bar. Didn't need security. We're a pretty laid back breed. Gotta love it. Thanks for pointing it out. And of course you've heard of the beautiful Newfoundland Dogs........{{{HUGS}}}[/color]

I couldn't say for sure because Shipping News was filmed on the Eastern part of the Island and I am on the Western....but more than likely the house was and is still there. The scenery is breathtaking here! I have to say I've only seen the movie once and I didn't like the way Newfoundlanders were portrayed.....is was like we were hostile.....of course you do get a few of them esp. when they get into the Screech (rum) :yes: ....{{{HUGS}}}

March 24 - Medical

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't say for sure because Shipping News was filmed on the Eastern part of the Island and I am on the Western....but more than likely the house was and is still there. The scenery is breathtaking here! I have to say I've only seen the movie once and I didn't like the way Newfoundlanders were portrayed.....is was like we were hostile.....of course you do get a few of them esp. when they get into the Screech (rum) :yes: ....{{{HUGS}}}

We had lots of people come into the liquor store I worked at looking for Screech.......... :lol:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Well not all of us are house-bound by this - Alli and I went out in it. For a little while haha and only cuz I had to go to the barn again to feed the steer/check on the cows. Took more pics too...imagine that? :D

This was taken while walking up our driveway towards the barnyard. Can still see my footie prints from this a.m. :hehe:

1000440r3vx.jpg

Now THIS is what all 10 year olds think a foot of snow is for! :yes:

1000449r6qm.jpg

Our house taken from the back hayfield:

1000452r4id.jpg

And yours truly. :blush:

1000454r6zz.jpg

Do I look cold? It was very cold and windy and blustery. I had entertained thoughts of going sledding with Alli but the weather's not good for it. I've a feeling there's a strong possibility that Alli won't have school tomorrow so we can always do it then. :thumbs:

Edited by Sharon

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"