SNOWSTORM CHECK!!

145 posts in this topic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eastern Pennsylvania and no snow yet, but the weather forecasters keep saying it's headed right for us. I'm just home (decided to go down to Jersey after all), so I'm going to do my grocery shopping while there's still time!

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1530 here in Arlington VA and it is snowing, but not sticking. Going to suck walking to the Metro to catch the hockey game!! Hmmmm Might just be lazy and drive tothe garage,then take Metro!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, 4:22 p.m....

Well well well....it appears that we have an actual snowstorm a-brewing now. Snow is getting thicker and coming down faster and accumulating on everything. There's about 2 inches on the ground now.

Latest pic loooking down my driveway, taken 5 minutes ago...

1000394r0zg.jpg

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Snow is starting to stick on the grass but not the roads. they are saying most of the snow wil be dropping between midnight and 0600 Sunday

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

18:12, 2/11 - Portland, ME

No snow yet, but it's bloody cold! Waiting to see whether we'll have a snow ban in place tomorrow or not....

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Timeline

Still no accumulation on the roads. Just on the grass. Heard on the car radio that the storm is drifting east and our local forecast is down to 3-6 inches of snow through the overnight. I am in central new jersey.

Edited by Agent Smith

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

3pm here in south jersey/philly area...

fairly brisk precipitation of snow, but no accumulation as of yet... will post pics as it starts to coat

gonna run out to the store now... yeah, yeah, i know... procrastination....

lol

i just got back from the store.. got a lot of soda and water. Did groceries last night so im ok on that.

judging by the weather forecasts online, it looks like it may not be quite as bad as they had thought... the blizzard warnings have shifted to new england instead of the ny area... looks like boston may get b!tchslapped by old man winter. serves em right! :P

still coming down briskly... HUGE snowflakes... but still not sticking to the roads, altho grass is getting white ;)

the store wasnt so bad... we tried to go last night but got there as they were locking the door... got milk, bread, etc

i dont think this will be like the 18" nightmare last year

ill try to add some pics...

outside the grocery store

along the river at the park... with the flash off

along the river at the park... with the flash on

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Timeline

Well, made it back to Dallas without seeing any snow in DC before I left, LOL! It was a cold rain up till the time of take-off, but they still say on the weather that most of the snow will hit tonight.

Lots of stories from other passengers about how their flights get cancelled and they got shuffled on to earlier flights. Even ppl supposed to fly tomorrow were leaving a day early! I think my 1:40pm flight from National was getting close to their closing window . . . you know they like to get the planes to better locations before something really hits.

On another note, I had to cut short my trip to the International Spy Museum so I could make that earlier flight . . . that's another place I have to keep on my list of things to do in DC . . . rather interesting place and I definitely needed a bit more time than 1 1/2 hour!

No need to batten down the hatches in Dallas or make any grocery runs . . . we are still high and dry! COLD . . . but no sign of anything wet which could help us to get rid of drought conditions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Man, I wish it would snow here! :(

We all really want it to snow here too :yes:

Its 7:19 pm in Alabama and its 37 degrees. Lows 28 tonite.

I am from Nova Scotia Canada. There is a Snow Storm Warning Out.

Its cold there too. Its -17 C, which is 1.4 degrees F. Thats cold.

Bundle up mom and dad :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.