DEE & LAN

VISA DENIED

44 posts in this topic

Stephen just called me (6:45am - March 23rd 09) and told me his visa was DENIED? He said they told him our relationship WASN'T bonified, can you imagine! He said the interviewer had the nerve to ask him WHY DIDN'T HE EVER GET MARRIED (because he's 50) before, Stephen replied "because he never met his SOUL MATE until now (meeting me)." He said the interviewer told him that he feel Stephen TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME (LIKE I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING MIND OF MY OWN TO MAKE MY OWN DECISION).

OK, enough of me ranting ... If I ever needed Vjers, it's NOW, WHAT DO I DO NOW? Do I contact my Congressman (they just opened an office in my town)?

Contact Sen. Mark Warner's office. Forget Sen. Jim Webb...his staff is useless in constituent services.

"... Forget Sen. Jim Webb...his staff is useless in constituent services." According to my information (since the 09 elections)... my Congressman is Tom Perriello.

If a US Citizen is not currently a registered voter, does the US Citizen still get responses/actions from the congressman's constituent services?

Good thing I'm a REGISTERED VOTER, matter of fact, I voted for Senator Jim Webb and Tom Perriello

"If you think education is expensive ... try IGNORANCE!"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen just called me (6:45am - March 23rd 09) and told me his visa was DENIED? He said they told him our relationship WASN'T bonified, can you imagine! He said the interviewer had the nerve to ask him WHY DIDN'T HE EVER GET MARRIED (because he's 50) before, Stephen replied "because he never met his SOUL MATE until now (meeting me)." He said the interviewer told him that he feel Stephen TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME (LIKE I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING MIND OF MY OWN TO MAKE MY OWN DECISION).

OK, enough of me ranting ... If I ever needed Vjers, it's NOW, WHAT DO I DO NOW? Do I contact my Congressman (they just opened an office in my town)?

Contact Sen. Mark Warner's office. Forget Sen. Jim Webb...his staff is useless in constituent services.

Have you worked with Senator Warner's office? I have been dealing with Webb's office on the whole USCIS mess and am not too satisfied...

Let me know...

rick

Does your case involve the denial of a K-1 visa?

tell you what?

you can get married in nigeria and then ask for the visa K3.

i saw one case here of denied K1 but they succeeded by getting mùarried and processing the K3 visa.

Hi Ginger cat, if all fails, that's what I'm going to do ... go back to Nigeria and get married!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bonk:

my bad....i was into the k3 topic...

ok, i have no tips for you then.

I was so distraught this morning that I POSTED my discussion in the wrong forum (k-3), it should have been K-1, so, your suggestion is correct.

Sorry to hear this....

I saw your post and my suggestions/questions are:

Why didn't you go to the interview? I hear that the African embassy especially Nigeria are very hard to get through and you not being there could've sent a red flag to the CO?

What did you send to Stephen as evidence? I sent my SO a 12-page scrapbook, all receipts and U.S. post office correspondences, 64 photo album filled up, all our emails and I mailed him a card everyday for two months. Now here's the funny part; my package arrived to him the day after his interview and was no use. Thanks to Jamaica's slow-*** postal service. My SO went to the appointment with still a boat-load of info and whatever pictures he had. I was able to track my box that I sent him and saw that it was still in Customs 12hrs. before his appt., so I scanned everything I sent to him in an email. He was blue-slipped and I had to end up going to the interview anyway, but I'm certain if he wouldve had that box that I mailed to him at his original interview he wouldve gotten approved.

Just to echo the other posters, call/email embassy today for an explanation, find out exactly what they gave him and take it from there. If he was denied for a certain period of time it may be harder to do anything before that timeframe is up. I don't know if Congress can/will help, but hey its worth a shot. I'm praying for ya, girl.

Hi ShaNette,

I send Stephen a 250 page book binder (WITH EVERYTHING IN IT), no stone was left unturned. Stephen said he was asked "why did he REMAIN SINGLE for so long" (he's 50) and "what qualities did he see in me." He said the C O kept asking "why didn't we get married during my 2nd visit." Stephen and I went over that question and I asked him WHY DIDN'T HE TELL the C O what the Attorney said "the Attorney ADVISED me NOT to GET MARRIED IN NIGERIA, I should be with Stephen on my territory (the 90 days) because I'd been with him on his and afterwards once he was here and I wanted to continue with the marriage then do it with all 350 friends, family and Pastors, evidencing our relationship was bona fide. He claimed the officer didn't even give him time to respond. Grrrrrr

I am sorry this happens to u!!! My advice is if u try every other thing and it didnt work, go ahead and marry your fiance and apply for k3.U will sure get that!!!

Good luck!!!!

What she needs to do is get a copy of the paper the C.O. gave Stephen, then she will know exaclty why it was denied, or if they want more evidence or whatever. Then proceed from there, but you need copy of the paper first!

Hi 'Paris Heart'. Stephen already sent the denial letter and I already submitted my request for Senator Jim Webb assistance with this matter. I was given hope (by the Secretary) by being told that Senator Jim Webb is currently working on another K-1 denial and to date the results are POSITIVE. Oh, forgot to mention, the reason for denial is: "The bona fides of the relationship have not been established. The petition will be returned to the Department of Homeland Security with a recommendation that it be revoked." They got some nerve!

Thank you for your reply. I am so hurt.

Dont ever give up, these C.O. holds are heart and futures in their hands.Im glad your already proceeding on, hopefuly you will have good news, if not then you know what will be next. No matter what, Do not give up!!!! Your hearts are the only thing worth fighting for!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I am very sorry to hear this.

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It just dont seem fair that others attempt to decide your destiny. The age should not determine when it is time to fall in Love. The time was not right, he had not yet meet his true love, a soulmate just for him.

"It aint over until God saids it's over" Keep striving until your victory is won.

You are in my prayers.

Peace & Blessings.

post-58471-1237855131_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2gathawestand

Just returned from Lagos and enjoyed every moment spent with my african King. Thirty-three days of enjoyment.................... We shall be together soon, for life. Amen

"There is no stopping us"

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Nigeria

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-17(hardcopy)

USCIS touch : 2009-01-22

Called to NVC: 2009-01-30 package still there

Called to NVC: 2009-02-27 still in AP

Called to NVC: 2009-03-11 still there

Called to NVC: 2009-03-12 OUT OF BONDAGE, Thank You Jesus

Package arrived @ Embassy: 2009-03-17

Package picked-up: 2009-03-23

Interview Scheduled For First Week Of May 2009

Passed Medicals : 2009-04-27

K1 Denied per Man: 2009-07-05

Another Delay, We shall be together......... Giving up is not an option, with God all things are possible.

God always hears and answers prayer,

Though long may be the trial.

Let patience bloom while God prepares;

Delay is not denial. But come, the answer surely must,

For God has never lied. And faith, which looks at God in trust,

God never has denied. For God is not a man that he should Lie.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

WOW..I just read your post and don't know what to say!! I can't say, "I feel your pain" because my process never got this far. But, I can only imagine how disappointed you must be today. There are options available to you but they will take more time...and probably more money too. I assume you were doing the petitioning without an immigration lawyer? Maybe contacting one of them first would be a good course of action. You'll get more advice from others too.

I sincerely hope you are not offended or angry with me for making a couple of comments/observations. I am doing this only because I have concerns for you and want the best for you...you are a really nice woman.

The first question about "Why never married?" (to me) appears to be a legitimate question to be asked in an interview. And, his answer was good too.

The second seems unprofessional and judgemental... and since you were not there, you will never know if or how this question was asked. (NOTE: That's another good reason for going to the interview with your mate.) These people in the Embassies do this for many people...and, they get a complete file on every SO in the Visa process. Maybe there was something in the file that prompted the denial?

Lastly, I think Nigeria is one of the "high-risk" countries where they are very cautious with approving visas. You're in love and want your man by your side and I understand that....good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

Sincerely,

Captain Craig

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

:unsure: Im so sorry to hear this. Just do what i did, go there and marry him, and file your own cr-1 petition, dont waste more money on an attorney

WOW..I just read your post and don't know what to say!! I can't say, "I feel your pain" because my process never got this far. But, I can only imagine how disappointed you must be today. There are options available to you but they will take more time...and probably more money too. I assume you were doing the petitioning without an immigration lawyer? Maybe contacting one of them first would be a good course of action. You'll get more advice from others too.

I sincerely hope you are not offended or angry with me for making a couple of comments/observations. I am doing this only because I have concerns for you and want the best for you...you are a really nice woman.

The first question about "Why never married?" (to me) appears to be a legitimate question to be asked in an interview. And, his answer was good too.

The second seems unprofessional and judgemental... and since you were not there, you will never know if or how this question was asked. (NOTE: That's another good reason for going to the interview with your mate.) These people in the Embassies do this for many people...and, they get a complete file on every SO in the Visa process. Maybe there was something in the file that prompted the denial?

Lastly, I think Nigeria is one of the "high-risk" countries where they are very cautious with approving visas. You're in love and want your man by your side and I understand that....good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

Sincerely,

Captain Craig

I am so sorry to hear about the denial at the interview. I am hoping you will get some response via congressman and you will not have to get married and refile. :angry: Does not seem like they were interested in your proof of bonafide relationship, but hung up on Stephen's age. Keeping you both in thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Edited by forchika

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Other Timeline
:unsure: Im so sorry to hear this. Just do what i did, go there and marry him, and file your own cr-1 petition, dont waste more money on an attorney

Sincerely,

Captain Craig

Is CR-1 more likely to be approved? I am sitting here in fear because my husband has his interview in less than 6 hours, we have a boatload of red flags and if he is denied then we are screwed.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im sorry to hear this. My fiance is currently in Nigeria and I am waiting on my NOA2. I just came back from my 2nd visit to Nigeria. We are waiting to marry in the states because I want my children to be present. Plane tickets are not cheap and I can not afford to fly everyone over there. I think where you want to marry should be your decision and should not be used as a deciding factor that the relationship is not bonafide. That is ridiculous. Please keep us updated on what is going on. I will keep you and your SO in my prayers.

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey, I am just hearing about your situation and felt compelled to share with you that I am in a similar situation. My husband went for his interview in October, received a denial because the interviewer believed that our marriage was entered into in an effort to circumvent the immigration process. Specifically she felt there was not enough photo evidence, and my husband did not have a copy of my travel visa with him at the time of the interview. Our follow up was to contact legal assistance with catholic charities. I then returned to his country and lived with him for about 4 months. Our file was returned to USCIS and we were told it could be 2 years before the office even began to review our file. Our representative encouraged us to withdraw our petition and begin again. We submitted the form and waited for a reply. Just a few days ago we received notice that they were not withdrawing the petition but would proceed with revoking the approval. The good news is that there is an appeal process during the intial 30 days in which you can submit additional proof of the legitimacy of your relationship. We are currently in that 30 day process, but the legal rep feels good about our chances. Worse possible case scenario, we re file.

Just so you know, getting married in Nigeria and then filing is still no guarantee. I am not sure why the interviewers are so tough there, but the best plan is to get as much evidence as you can.

Good Luck.

Rolake

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.