81 posts in this topic

Chicken Curry Recipe (Filipino Style)

Ingredients :

• 2-3 tbsp. oil

• 3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried

• 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces

• 3 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 large onion, quartered

• 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce) ( In lieu of patis, I used fish broth cube.)

• 3 tbsp. curry powder

• salt and pepper

• 1 cup water

• 1 red bell pepper, cut into big squares

• 1 green bell pepper, cut into big squares

• 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2" long

• 1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk

Cooking Procedures :

1. Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.

2. In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.

3. Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.

4. Pour in patis and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.

5. Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.

6. Add milk and stir occasionally. Cook for another 7 minutes (or lesser when using evaporated milk because the liquids will curled).

7. Remove from heat. Serve hot.

I might try this one here. I love chicken curry. Thanks.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to cook chicken curry one of this days. I once cooked chicken curry and I don't like it. I hope this time tasted awesome!

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Meron ba sa inyo dito marunong magluto ng giniling na karne baboy? Meron ako dito 5 lbs na ground pork. Ayoko yung luto ni Mr. Bill ng ground pork with mushroom. Parang pagkain ng aso. LOL. Gusto ko gumawa ng giniling. Share niyo naman recipe ng giniling niyo diyan kung meron kayo. Thanks.

Hokey Smoke!

Meron ba sa inyo dito marunong magluto ng giniling na karne baboy? Meron ako dito 5 lbs na ground pork. Ayoko yung luto ni Mr. Bill ng ground pork with mushroom. Parang pagkain ng aso. LOL. Gusto ko gumawa ng giniling. Share niyo naman recipe ng giniling niyo diyan kung meron kayo. Thanks.

Alam ko ground beef with mushroom, pepper and salt and some vegetable spicies... and bread..instant humburger na... :)

Ground pork, masarap yan na gawing torta..

Tortang talong with ground pork (my own version)..

gisa the bawang at sibuyas then ground pork, add pepper and salt to taste... set aside

grill talong until soft.. wag lang sunugin :). Peel off the skin... set aside

in a bowl, scramble 2 pieces of egg, then put the bare talong. Make sure to flatten the bare talong. Place the cooked ground pork on the surface of the talong. Make sure that the talong and pork are fully coated with egg. set aside

prepare your frying pan, place oil, make sure that the pan is hot, then place the whole thing: egg, talong and ground pork

I normally buy talong from safeway. Safeway has chinese and japanese talong. They even have the small round talong..

Another recipe is ginisang ground pork sa gulay (my mom's version).

gisa bawang and sibuyas then ground pork, place salt and pepper. add pork broth (i use pork knorr dissolved in water) add gulay (i.e. kalabasa or ampalaya), simmer for few minutes.. add pepper and salt to taste.

I love species.. I dont have proportion for species.. i just add them then taste the food.. If i like the taste... its ready for serving. If not, i just tell my husband that the food is awful but he has no choice but to eat them. LOL...

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Alam ko ground beef with mushroom, pepper and salt and some vegetable spicies... and bread..instant humburger na... :)

gisa the bawang at sibuyas then ground pork, add pepper and salt to taste... set aside

grill talong until soft.. wag lang sunugin :) . Peel off the skin... set aside

in a bowl, scramble 2 pieces of egg, then put the bare talong. Make sure to flatten the bare talong. Place the cooked ground pork on the surface of the talong. Make sure that the talong and pork are fully coated with egg. set aside

prepare your frying pan, place oil, make sure that the pan is hot, then place the whole thing: egg, talong and ground pork

I normally buy talong from safeway. Safeway has chinese and japanese talong. They even have the small round talong..

gisa bawang and sibuyas then ground pork, place salt and pepper. add pork broth (i use pork knorr dissolved in water) add gulay (i.e. kalabasa or ampalaya), simmer for few minutes.. add pepper and salt to taste.

I love species.. I dont have proportion for species.. i just add them then taste the food.. If i like the taste... its ready for serving. If not, i just tell my husband that the food is awful but he has no choice but to eat them. LOL...

Hamburger nga ang madalas na lutuin ko dito pero nakakasawa din kapag palagi na lang yun. Wow, mukhang masarap nga yang tortang talong with ground pork. I need to buy talong. OO nakakita nga ako ng bilog na talong sa Safeway at matingkad ang kulay. Ibang klase talong nila dito bilugan at maiksi. Thanks Rheanick!

Hokey Smoke!

grill talong until soft.. wag lang sunugin :) . Peel off the skin... set aside

Hamburger nga ang madalas na lutuin ko dito pero nakakasawa din kapag palagi na lang yun. Wow, mukhang masarap nga yang tortang talong with ground pork. I need to buy talong. OO nakakita nga ako ng bilog na talong sa Safeway at matingkad ang kulay. Ibang klase talong nila dito bilugan at maiksi. Thanks Rheanick!

Three types of talong ang nakikita ko sa Safeway. Yong pinakamalapit sa talong natin sa pilipinas ay yong "chinese" talong.

In case may extra talong ka... just cut, fry and then dip in kikkoman soy sauce. At kanin... Grabe, sarap na nang kain ko.. feeling ko nasa pilipinas ulit ako. :) I like to fry the rounded talong.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Pork Giniling also known as Picadillo

INGREDIENTS:

• Ground Pork

• 1 medium slice tomatoe

• 2pcs.potatoes cut into cubes

• 2pcs. carrots cut into cubes

• 1 small can green peas

• red bell pepper cut into cubes

• chopped onion - 1pc.
  • chopped garlic - 5 cloves
  • tomato sauce
  • ground black pepper

• bay leaf/laurel or basil - chopped

• cooking oil,patis or salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Heat a large pot and add the cooking oil. Saute onions, chopped garlic and chopped basil. Add ground pork, season with ground black pepper,and simmer for 5min or until meat is half cooked. Add sliced tomatoes, tomato sauce,patis or salt and simmer again until meat is done. Add cubed carrots, after 3min add cubed potatoes, cover with lid and simmer until vegetables are half cooked, add the red bell pepper and keep simmering for 10min.Complete cooking and serve.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

INGREDIENTS:

• Ground Pork

• 1 medium slice tomatoe

• 1 small can green peas

• chopped onion - 1pc.
  • tomato sauce
  • ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Heat a large pot and add the cooking oil. Saute onions, chopped garlic and chopped basil. Add ground pork, season with ground black pepper,and simmer for 5min or until meat is half cooked. Add sliced tomatoes, tomato sauce,patis or salt and simmer again until meat is done. Add cubed carrots, after 3min add cubed potatoes, cover with lid and simmer until vegetables are half cooked, add the red bell pepper and keep simmering for 10min.Complete cooking and serve.

Ooopps..nakalimutan ko lagay sa procedure yung green peas..isabay yun sa cubed carrots then after 3mins yung cubed potatoes na and the rest.

Enjoy!!!!

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

I am going to share one of my favorite recipe called Tamarind Chicken...This recipe produces a rich,sticky and delicious sauce...The chicken cooks for a relatively long time but very slowly wich makes for tender flesh.Do take care in the last point as the Handle of the pan will be very hot-wear an oven glove...Tamarind paste is available from the supermarkets.

Preperation time,10 minutes.Cooking time 1 1/4 hours.

Serves 4.

Ingredients:

8 chicken thighs,skinned

For the marinade

3 shallots,finely chopped

1 clove garlic,crushed

3 table spoons tamarind paste mixed with 3 table spoons water

1 red chili,finely chopped

2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar

2 tablespoons dark soy sauce

1 tablespoon ricewine vinegar

1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil

1/2 tablespoon sesame oil

Method

1)With a large knife,cut 3 parallel slashes in the top of each chicken thigh to allow the flavour to permeate the flesh.

2)Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and marinade the chicken for at least 1 hour but ideally overnight.

3)Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas mark 4.

4)Put the chicken with the mariande into a frying pan with an ovenproof handle and bake,covered with tin foil for 30 minutes,increase the temperature to 200C/400F Gas mark 6..Remove the cover and cook,basting and turning regularly for 30 minutes.

5)Remove the pan from the oven and cook over a medium flame until reduced to sticky glaze.

You can serve it with mashed potato or rice.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

INGREDIENTS:

• Ground Pork

• 1 medium slice tomatoe

• 1 small can green peas

• chopped onion - 1pc.
  • tomato sauce
  • ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Ooopps..nakalimutan ko lagay sa procedure yung green peas..isabay yun sa cubed carrots then after 3mins yung cubed potatoes na and the rest.

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks Bluemist sa Picadillo recipe. I will make some today when I get back from work. I cannot wait.

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's nice to know your friend like it and that chicken curry changed his views about it. My pleasure sharing it here. Good luck to your cooking.

Thanks for sharing the chicken curry recipe. Just to share what happened. I had an american friend for dinner this week. I cooked chicken curry and adobo for dinner. He mentioned that he does not eat curry anymore. Hubby got worried. I told him that he just eat adobo. But when our fried tried the chicken curry, he finished all of the curry i served him.

I'm planning to introduce our filipino dishes to my american friends here.

There are many Filipino recipes that you can find from the different websites. I'd like to share one of the recipes which I only learned and cooked here in US. :P

Chicken Curry Recipe (Filipino Style)

Ingredients :

• 2-3 tbsp. oil

• 3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried

• 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces

• 3 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 large onion, quartered

• 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce) ( In lieu of patis, I used fish broth cube.)

• 3 tbsp. curry powder

• salt and pepper

• 1 cup water

• 1 red bell pepper, cut into big squares

• 1 green bell pepper, cut into big squares

• 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long

• 1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk

Cooking Procedures :

1. Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.

2. In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.

3. Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.

4. Pour in patis and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.

5. Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.

6. Add milk and stir occasionally. Cook for another 7 minutes (or lesser when using evaporated milk because the liquids will curled).

7. Remove from heat. Serve hot.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Thanks Bluemist sa Picadillo recipe. I will make some today when I get back from work. I cannot wait.

Welcome.You and Your husband will like it :yes:

N-400 Naturalization

INGREDIENTS:

• Ground Pork

• 1 medium slice tomatoe

• 1 small can green peas

• chopped onion - 1pc.
  • tomato sauce
  • ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Enjoy!!!!

Then the left over you can make empanada or stuff with eggplant!

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/10 Visa on Hand

03/10/09 Wedding

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

My Own version of Pork Giniling

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 lb. Ground Pork

* 3 tbsp. ketchup / tomato sauce

* 1/2 cup potatoes, diced

* 1/2 cup diced carrots

* red bell pepper, diced cubes

* chopped onion - 1pc.

* 5 cloves garlic, minced

* cooking oil,

* salt to taste

* lemon juice or 10-12 pcs kalamansi

* 1/4 cup soy sauce

DIRECTIONS:

In a bowl marinate ground pork with soy sauce and lemon juice for 30 minutes.

In a wok and heat cooking oil. In a medium-low fire saute garlic until golden brown then add onion (translucent).

Add ground pork together with the marinade, stir for 2-3mins.

Stir in tomato sauce for a few minutes. Season with salt then add carrots and potatoes. Cover and simmer until vegetables are half cooked.

Add the red bell pepper and keep simmering for 10min.

Serve.

* I love the sweet sour taste!

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/10 Visa on Hand

03/10/09 Wedding

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

• 4 weeks later...

This is a nice topic. I'll try some of your recipes sometime. I'll share my stir fry recipe later.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.