busterbrown

At last, we've finished the K1 Visa Journey!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is Nathaya’s minute by minute recap of her US Embassy K1 Visa interview in Bangkok, Thailand on 3/19/2009. Her interview was approximately 5 minutes in length. She waited approximately 1 hour before her name was called. Three other Thai women were interviewed before her, each one leaving with their passports (not a good sign). After her name was called, she approached window number 5 and the following illustrates her interview:

The Embassy Interviewer (E.I.) gave instructions to Nathaya to scan each of her hands/fingers on the electronic scanner for identity authentication.

The E.I. then gave Nathaya a compliment about her hands after she finished with her digital fingerprints. (She had just freshly manicured and painted her finger nails)!

What is your name?
” the E.I. asked.

“Nathaya,
” she replied.“

"
Is your Fiancé’s name, Christopher?
” the E.I. asked.

Yes
”, she answered.

"
What do you call him?
"

I call him, honey
”.

Ok, I’ll call him Chris,
” the E.I. stated as they both chuckle.

When was his first trip to Thailand?
” he asked.

His first trip was in May of last year
”, she responded.

How many times has he come to Thailand?

3 times so far
”, Nathaya replies.

The E.I. then opens up a small photo album that Nathaya prepared. It contained pictures of recent trips and photo moments of places we visited together.

Was this picture taken at the tiger temple in Kanchanaburi Province?
” the E.I. asked as he pointed to a photo of us at the Tiger Zoo in Chonburi Province.

No, it was taken at Sriracha Tiger Zoo in Chonburi.

Was this photo taken in Phuket?
” he asked as he pointed to another photo of us in at a viewpoint near Kata Beach.

Yes, in Phuket
” she replied.

Where did you take this photo?
” his 3rd and final question of the picture album.

It was taken in Cambodia at Angkor Wat.
” Nathaya answered.

Have you traveled to the states before?
” the E.I. asked.

Yes, to visit my friend,
” she replied. (Nathaya did in fact visit her friend for a short time on a tourist visa last November before visiting me).

His response as he smiled was: “
Why don’t you just say that you visited your fiancé too?!

Her response then was, “
I visited my friend before I spent the Thanksgiving holiday with my fiancé’s family.

When will you get married in the states?
” the E.I. then asked.

Soon after I arrive, probably in the first two weeks.

Well, congratulations!
” he said!”

Who is [ex-husband name]?
” he asked as he looked over her application.

My ex-husband,
” she answered.

Where does he live now?

Up country in Lopburi province.

Have you ever stayed with your ex-husband where he lives now?
” the E.I. asked.

Never,
” she expressed. Nathaya then offered up (on her own) that her husband was unfaithful, the reason for the divorce and the reason she never left Bangkok.

The E.I. then directs her to come back to the Embassy on Monday to pick up her Passport (with visa) at 3pm.

He finally says to her, “
You can pick up your paper work over at the other counter on your way out. Have a good day; Sawadee Krup!
” (goodbye in Thai)

Nathaya replies with “
Sawadee Ka!
”, picks up her packet of evidence and paper work and proceeds out the embassy doors.

It was that easy. Just as easy (if not easier) then getting her US Tourist Visa. I hope everyone has the same luck and patience we’ve have. Three pieces of advice I can give to this entire process is: 1. Make sure you dot all the “I’s” and cross all the “T’s”. 2. Collect your evidence of relationship wisely. And 3. use this website and forum as a resource and tool to help you through the process. It will lower your stress levels and prepare you for your next milestone. Good luck everyone. We now need to get started on our AOS (I-485) packet. ;)

Edited by busterbrown

K-1 VISA

04.20.2008 - Met as friends online

05.01.2008 - 1st trip to Thailand to meet her (2 week trip)

06.23.2008 - 2nd trip to Thailand (Lived with her for 5 weeks)

09.26.2008 - Mailed petition to NSC in California

10.02.2008 - NOA1 received

10.03.2008 - 01-13-2009 - Untouched (thank god)

11.25.2008 - She arrives in Detroit on her 2 year multi-entry tourist visa.

12.08.2008 - 3rd trip to thailand together for 5 more weeks

01.14.2009 - Return to the states by myself.

01.14.2009 - Petition approved (NOA2 Received)

01.23.2009 - NVC Received Approved Petition / Case # assigned (letter sent)

02.07.2009 - BKK Consulate receives case

02.10.2009 - Packet 3 received with instructions.

02.14.2009 - Affidavit of Support and support documentation sent to Nathaya in BKK.

02.19.2009 - Affidavit of Support received

02.26.2009 - Packet 3 with all documentation (except evidence) sent to BKK Consulate

03.19.2009 - Interview date (Success!!!)

03.23.2009 - Pick up Visa, Passport, and immigration documents at US Embassy in Bagnkok.

04.17.2009 - Trip to BKK to help my fiancee pack and fly back to the USA.

04.21.2009 - Depart with Fiancee to LAX (Los Angeles International).

06.21.2009 - AOS packet sent

07.24.2009 - Biometrics completed

09.07.2009 - AOS Interview in Detroit. (Success!!!)

09.22.2009 - Permanent Resident Card received.

VJ_2.jpgVJ_3.jpg

\

Timeline

post-56315-1237552310_thumb.jpg

Maybe it was the diamond engagment ring on her finger that offered the interview the best evidence. ;)

K-1 VISA

04.20.2008 - Met as friends online

05.01.2008 - 1st trip to Thailand to meet her (2 week trip)

06.23.2008 - 2nd trip to Thailand (Lived with her for 5 weeks)

09.26.2008 - Mailed petition to NSC in California

10.02.2008 - NOA1 received

10.03.2008 - 01-13-2009 - Untouched (thank god)

11.25.2008 - She arrives in Detroit on her 2 year multi-entry tourist visa.

12.08.2008 - 3rd trip to thailand together for 5 more weeks

01.14.2009 - Return to the states by myself.

01.14.2009 - Petition approved (NOA2 Received)

01.23.2009 - NVC Received Approved Petition / Case # assigned (letter sent)

02.07.2009 - BKK Consulate receives case

02.10.2009 - Packet 3 received with instructions.

02.14.2009 - Affidavit of Support and support documentation sent to Nathaya in BKK.

02.19.2009 - Affidavit of Support received

02.26.2009 - Packet 3 with all documentation (except evidence) sent to BKK Consulate

03.19.2009 - Interview date (Success!!!)

03.23.2009 - Pick up Visa, Passport, and immigration documents at US Embassy in Bagnkok.

04.17.2009 - Trip to BKK to help my fiancee pack and fly back to the USA.

04.21.2009 - Depart with Fiancee to LAX (Los Angeles International).

06.21.2009 - AOS packet sent

07.24.2009 - Biometrics completed

09.07.2009 - AOS Interview in Detroit. (Success!!!)

09.22.2009 - Permanent Resident Card received.

VJ_2.jpgVJ_3.jpg

\

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
This is Nathaya’s minute by minute recap of her US Embassy K1 Visa interview in Bangkok, Thailand on 3/19/2009. Her interview was approximately 5 minutes in length. She waited approximately 1 hour before her name was called. Three other Thai women were interviewed before her, each one leaving with their passports (not a good sign). After her name was called, she approached window number 5 and the following illustrates her interview:

The Embassy Interviewer (E.I.) gave instructions to Nathaya to scan each of her hands/fingers on the electronic scanner for identity authentication.

The E.I. then gave Nathaya a compliment about her hands after she finished with her digital fingerprints. (She had just freshly manicured and painted her finger nails)!

What is your name?
” the E.I. asked.

“Nathaya,
” she replied.“

"
” the E.I. asked.

Yes
”, she answered.

"
What do you call him?
"

I call him, honey
”.

Ok, I’ll call him Chris,

” he asked.

”, she responded.

3 times so far
”, Nathaya replies.

The E.I. then opens up a small photo album that Nathaya prepared. It contained pictures of recent trips and photo moments of places we visited together.

” the E.I. asked as he pointed to a photo of us at the Tiger Zoo in Chonburi Province.

” he asked as he pointed to another photo of us in at a viewpoint near Kata Beach.

Yes, in Phuket
” she replied.

” Nathaya answered.

” the E.I. asked.

Yes, to visit my friend,
” she replied. (Nathaya did in fact visit her friend for a short time on a tourist visa last November before visiting me).

Her response then was, “
I visited my friend before I spent the Thanksgiving holiday with my fiancé’s family.

” the E.I. then asked.

Well, congratulations!
” he said!”

My ex-husband,
” she answered.

Where does he live now?

” the E.I. asked.

Never,
” she expressed. Nathaya then offered up (on her own) that her husband was unfaithful, the reason for the divorce and the reason she never left Bangkok.

The E.I. then directs her to come back to the Embassy on Monday to pick up her Passport (with visa) at 3pm.

You can pick up your paper work over at the other counter on your way out. Have a good day; Sawadee Krup!
” (goodbye in Thai)

Nathaya replies with “
Sawadee Ka!
”, picks up her packet of evidence and paper work and proceeds out the embassy doors.

It was that easy. Just as easy (if not easier) then getting her US Tourist Visa. I hope everyone has the same luck and patience we’ve have. Three pieces of advice I can give to this entire process is: 1. Make sure you dot all the “I’s” and cross all the “T’s”. 2. Collect your evidence of relationship wisely. And 3. use this website and forum as a resource and tool to help you through the process. It will lower your stress levels and prepare you for your next milestone. Good luck everyone. We now need to get started on our AOS (I-485) packet. ;)

Congratulation!!

congratulations.

Good luck with your new life in US.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

What is your name?
” the E.I. asked.

“Nathaya,
” she replied.“

"
” the E.I. asked.

Yes
”, she answered.

"
What do you call him?
"

I call him, honey
”.

Ok, I’ll call him Chris,

” he asked.

”, she responded.

3 times so far
”, Nathaya replies.

Yes, in Phuket
” she replied.

” Nathaya answered.

” the E.I. asked.

Yes, to visit my friend,

Her response then was, “

” the E.I. then asked.

Well, congratulations!
” he said!”

My ex-husband,
” she answered.

Where does he live now?

” the E.I. asked.

Never,

” (goodbye in Thai)

Nathaya replies with “
Sawadee Ka!

Congratualtions...I am bitting my nails as we speak. Our case was sent to BKK embassy on the 11th of this month. I have not been able to verify it, but we at least got a case # from NVC and they said they sent it. After 78 days of USCIS sitting on our approved petition before sending it on NVC, I take what ever I am told with a grain of salt. I plan on going over and attending the interview if that is allowed. Again, congratulations on your journey thus far....RexT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wow! Process went very fast for you! Congrats and thanks for the helpful info! =)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

From a few blocks away it looked as though we would be the first arrivals. But there were about 60 ahead of us as we queued up at 0630 for Ying's 0715 appointment at the US Consulate this morning. By the time they began clearing people to go in there were >300. Ying, got number 259. I hung out at the 7-Eleven next door and in the forth floor coffee shop watching people come out all morning. She sent word out with a friend she made just before noon that she'd be awhile longer...at 1230 she made her grand arrival flaunting her pink paperwork and a big smile, what a hugh relief this was. There was five other US men supporting their women and all of the women like Ying had a ton of documents with them. We've learned from others to take the "Kitchen Sink". Besides her interview with a Visa Officer she had the brand new experience of speaking to an African American. She said he was a handsome young man, nice and spoke very well and remember she's a Chinese teacher. He sounded very thorough asking several questions and reading our E-mails, he examined my passport and read our Evolution of Relationship. I'm glad now that I took the time to write the EOR and include all of things that seemed insignificant like my cover pages that he loved. Also going to the Citizens Hour yesterday helped by me having the Visa Officer notate that I was present. We both awoke before the alarm this morning not wanting breakfast or coffee, but only to successfully jump this last hurdle. It has been a long 14 months, tedious and disheartening at times but it paid off today, To celebrate we walked a few blocks from the Consulate to a very fancy Thai Restaurant and had a fantastic Papaya Salad, Thai Eggplant, Shrimp Pad Thai and cold Singhai beer (...here we are in Guangzhou which is famous for the best in cooking and we go to eat, Thai instead)...life is good. Ying's Lao Gong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.