mr and mrs

london interview checklist

83 posts in this topic

You are a girl after my own heart! Lists, files, organization, I get well into it myself! Can I ask what type of folder you put all this in? Also, how did you organize all the little evidence things like receipts, boarding passes, etc, all those pieces of paper (i'm sending my so the originals so its just tons of little pieces of loose paper?). Paperclips?? For the I-129f I just had photocopies n had it all out in 8.5 x 11 paper. thanks!

A tip from me :) :

PB&JAM: I organized all the boarding passes and receipts by paper clipping them and then putting them in separate little paper bags (I have a lot of Hallmark bags). I sorted them by date, so for each trip, the set of evidence is in one little paper bag ( the size of a greeting card envelope). I then labeled the hallmark paper bags with the trip and date and then put it them altogether in one of the tabs of the expandable file-folder we are using that contains all the rest of the interview documents, in the tab marked: Evidence of trips. You can use: zip-lock bags, paper-bags, or envelopes to put them in. And I put all the documents in an expandable file folder with tabs, so everything is easily accessible without jumbling up all the papers.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
You are a girl after my own heart! Lists, files, organization, I get well into it myself! Can I ask what type of folder you put all this in? Also, how did you organize all the little evidence things like receipts, boarding passes, etc, all those pieces of paper (i'm sending my so the originals so its just tons of little pieces of loose paper?). Paperclips?? For the I-129f I just had photocopies n had it all out in 8.5 x 11 paper. thanks!

A tip from me :) :

PB&JAM: I organized all the boarding passes and receipts by paper clipping them and then putting them in separate little paper bags (I have a lot of Hallmark bags). I sorted them by date, so for each trip, the set of evidence is in one little paper bag ( the size of a greeting card envelope). I then labeled the hallmark paper bags with the trip and date and then put it them altogether in one of the tabs of the expandable file-folder we are using that contains all the rest of the interview documents, in the tab marked: Evidence of trips. You can use: zip-lock bags, paper-bags, or envelopes to put them in. And I put all the documents in an expandable file folder with tabs, so everything is easily accessible without jumbling up all the papers.

Great idea! Makes sense! I'll use envelopes. Expandable file folder would be perfect. Great...thanks! Can't wait to get this all done!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

Do I need to send originals for items I sent with my I-129f? My SO has the exact copy of my 129f folder.

Do I just focus now only on evidences after our NOA1 to present?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Do I need to send originals for items I sent with my I-129f? My SO has the exact copy of my 129f folder.

You don't need any of the originals that you sent with I-129F. Don't go overboard with sending extra information as they probably won't ask to see any of it, a few chat logs and e-mails and most recent boarding passes should suffice. Concentrate on the I-134 and supporting evidence for that as that is what they will be most interested in.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

You don't need any of the originals that you sent with I-129F. Don't go overboard with sending extra information as they probably won't ask to see any of it, a few chat logs and e-mails and most recent boarding passes should suffice. Concentrate on the I-134 and supporting evidence for that as that is what they will be most interested in.

Ok, thanks so much! Thanks for the tip, I was planning on printing out tons of emails and chat logs, guess a few will work better haha, how many ink cartridges can I go through? :P Yes, I'll be very meticulous with the I-134. =)

One more Q, do I need to send my SO the original NOA1 and NOA2s? Or copies ok?

One more Q, do I need to send my SO the original NOA1 and NOA2s? Or copies ok?

Neither. If it isn't on the checklist you don't need it. If you want to be totally paranoid, sure, bung in photocopies, but they won't ask for them.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

:lol: Looks like we started a trend, Lisabette!

Magpie.

yay!

i love organization. AND OFFICE SUPPLIES. the best thing about all of the red tape with this visa was having an excuse to buy some new supplies. color coded-folders, binder clips, colored post-its (i even found CLEAR post-its! awesome. : )), special sharpie pens (i am a devotee of this fine point) etc.

and, yes, my list is pretty exhaustive because, for me, it is not much extra work to get all of the items mentioned as possibilities for submission at the interview. i think jamie with have a core packet with the main items we will submit, and then a folder with back-up items, in case all hell breaks loose.

i think if there were things i couldnt get, i would not be worried about it, but since i can get basically everything, im making all of them available to the embassy should they want them. im sending jamie the originals, and everything is scanned and uploaded and therefore immediately available to him as copies.

i am sure that, like most people have said, we will only need the core items (appointment letter, passport, birth certificate, police record, 2 photos, affidavit of support + evidence, and payment), but there is no way that we would show up without all of the incidental items just in case. it will lower our stress level which is invaluable.

and i dont take offence at all to the critiques. i know everyone does this differently. im pleased for the discussion. i actually have a couple of questions, but ill see what i can research and them post them.

i appreciate all of the feed back. : )

okay, thats enough for the minute.

How can I download your checklist? I couldn't find it, and I wanna see what it is like!

Timeline
How can I download your checklist? I couldn't find it, and I wanna see what it is like!

Its at the top of this thread, page 1. I clicked on the image, then right-clicked it and checked Save As...

Edited by PB&JAM

Its at the top of this thread, page 1. I clicked on the image, then right-clicked it and checked Save As...

thanks! for some reason when I was looking at it before, the scan wasnt there!

Ok, I just read on Captain Ewoks post on the Embassy thread that tax returns need to be notarised. Is this right?

It's so confusing knowing what to get notorised & what not to!! :wacko:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Ok, I just read on Captain Ewoks post on the Embassy thread that tax returns need to be notarised. Is this right?

No one that has been to the London embassy for K-1 interviews ever reported that they showed notarized tax returns in support of the I-134. They do not need to be notarized. Just make sure they are a true copy (meaning signed) and be sure to include the W-2s. That is it.

No one that has been to the London embassy for K-1 interviews ever reported that they showed notarized tax returns in support of the I-134. They do not need to be notarized. Just make sure they are a true copy (meaning signed) and be sure to include the W-2s. That is it.

MARM, you are a star! Thanks again :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

MARM, you are a star! Thanks again :star:

You are welcome! I know how stressful this part is of the process...you think you have everything under your belt and then your mind starts doubting little details here and there. But don't worry, you have everything under control. Just focus on information from people who interviewed through London, because at different consulates, there are minor detail differences such as the one you mentioned. I know it is easier said than done, but relax :yes: We are all here to help!

Edited by MARM

The only thing that I took to my interview that was notarized was the affidavit of support but that was before they changed it and now it is no longer required to be notarized and they have changed the form accordingly

The only thing that I think now requires to be notarized is the updated letter of intent but this is only if your NOA2 has expired, so as long as you send everything back before that date you will be fine, the noa2 is valid for 4 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.