sheremae

I need help on what to do..

26 posts in this topic

After one month i was interviewed at the fraud unit, the embassy sent my passport back with no visa and a letter 212(a)(4) stating that my petitiner does not intent to support me, and below the letter it says there that if i would like to discuss the matter with a consular officer in person, i can appear on March 6, 2009. I was there on the 6th of March and brought my petitioner 2008 ITR and a letter of his tax man. My petitioner's 2007 ITR is negative and the letter from his tax man tells there that his income is not $0, his depreciation is $50,000, although it shows $0 on his 2007 tax return, the depreciation along with this income is $50,000. During my interview the consular told me that my petioner's income was not stated clearly, and she said my petitioner does not intent to support me when i get there in the US. On my petitioner's I-134, Affidavit of Support he checked number 11 box do not intend to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named item 3. I told the consular that the affidavit of support was filled out right, and she said " ya,. but he need to make an affidavit that he is going to support you." Is this mean that he needs to make a personal letter and notarized that he is going to support me ? After the interview the window 37 called my name and she returned my passport back and a letter 212(a)(4) You are likely to become a public charge. She said, this is not a refusal you can come back here anytime if you have all the proof of documents.

After i was interviewed in the fraud unit, i told my fiance to give up because i am tired all of this mess. I am losing hope and im tired of keep coming back in Manila and going back in Mindanao because i am pregnant but my fiance dont give up easy. He send his bank statement and his letter stating that he is going to support me. Now, he wants me to go back in the embassy as soon as i get his letter. What should I do? Do I really need to go there? Where i am going to submit all the papers i got ? Will they allow me to go there inside the embassy eventhough I dont have an appointment? Please I need your help and advices.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So it means your not deny, they are are very particular with the income tax return and a affidavit of support, maybe he can make another affidavit of support and notarize it, i think he just filled up the wrong box at the affidavit of support form, fix it as soon as possible and call USEM and set an appointment, good luck to you... don't give up that's part of the journey..

After one month i was interviewed at the fraud unit, the embassy sent my passport back with no visa and a letter 212(a)(4) stating that my petitiner does not intent to support me, and below the letter it says there that if i would like to discuss the matter with a consular officer in person, i can appear on March 6, 2009. I was there on the 6th of March and brought my petitioner 2008 ITR and a letter of his tax man. My petitioner's 2007 ITR is negative and the letter from his tax man tells there that his income is not $0, his depreciation is $50,000, although it shows $0 on his 2007 tax return, the depreciation along with this income is $50,000. During my interview the consular told me that my petioner's income was not stated clearly, and she said my petitioner does not intent to support me when i get there in the US. On my petitioner's I-134, Affidavit of Support he checked number 11 box do not intend to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named item 3. I told the consular that the affidavit of support was filled out right, and she said " ya,. but he need to make an affidavit that he is going to support you." Is this mean that he needs to make a personal letter and notarized that he is going to support me ? After the interview the window 37 called my name and she returned my passport back and a letter 212(a)(4) You are likely to become a public charge. She said, this is not a refusal you can come back here anytime if you have all the proof of documents.

After i was interviewed in the fraud unit, i told my fiance to give up because i am tired all of this mess. I am losing hope and im tired of keep coming back in Manila and going back in Mindanao because i am pregnant but my fiance dont give up easy. He send his bank statement and his letter stating that he is going to support me. Now, he wants me to go back in the embassy as soon as i get his letter. What should I do? Do I really need to go there? Where i am going to submit all the papers i got ? Will they allow me to go there inside the embassy eventhough I dont have an appointment? Please I need your help and advices.

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Hi sheremae...

Sorry you are having such a hard time with the USEM. Don't give up. Remember, you can go back any time with the right documents. I believe that there is a way for you to fulfill the financial requirements necessary for your visa. It is worth a try.

First, have your fiance send you a new I-134. He should check the box that shows that he intends to make specific contributions to support you. Make sure he sends you an original...not a copy.

Next, have your fiance send you a notarized letter that he intends to support you. He can also explain in his letter the details of his 2007 and 2008 income tax returns.

Next, include the letter from your fiance's tax man.

Then, submit these documents to the USEM, along with your passport and the letter the USEM gave you. You can submit them to Window 17, from Monday through Thursday, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. There also may be a way to send the documents instead of submitting them in person.

If you think that this is not enough evidence of support, you could also submit papers from a co-sponsor.

This is only my opinion...but I hope the idea helps you.

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have to continue with this process, it's difficult right now but in the long run it will benefit you, your fiance, and your baby in the future. Just be patient and persevere in your goals.

Like what the other posters said, secure another affidavit of support from your fiance and make sure he click on the right box this time that he will be supporting you financially. And he should make a letter of explanation why suddenly he is supporting you now (coz he might have clicked the wrong box before? or something) and that he is retracting the first affidavit of support you submitted.

Good luck to you! Stay strong.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go back to the USEM and submit the new documents that the CO wanted to you provide. If you can give it on time you will be good. Be strong . God bless.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, in matters of this gravity, carelessness of your fiance to tickl the wrong box was a bad move! I have a feeling you'd have to pay for a new visa p-rocessing fee too. :( Sorry for all these. Relax and calm yourself. Keep your cool and focus on your objective to be together. Seekl advise from the embassy on how to go about this case. Also, your fiance might want to call 301-2000 ext 5184-85 so he'd know what he needs to do.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi sheremae...

Sorry you are having such a hard time with the USEM. Don't give up. Remember, you can go back any time with the right documents. I believe that there is a way for you to fulfill the financial requirements necessary for your visa. It is worth a try.

First, have your fiance send you a new I-134. He should check the box that shows that he intends to make specific contributions to support you. Make sure he sends you an original...not a copy.

Next, have your fiance send you a notarized letter that he intends to support you. He can also explain in his letter the details of his 2007 and 2008 income tax returns.

Then, submit these documents to the USEM, along with your passport and the letter the USEM gave you. You can submit them to Window 17, from Monday through Thursday, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. There also may be a way to send the documents instead of submitting them in person.

If you think that this is not enough evidence of support, you could also submit papers from a co-sponsor.

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

WOW! I guess we were so lucky by that time then when I had my USEM interview. Since on that last section of I-134 asking if the petitioner do or do not inteNd to make specific contributions to the beneficiary, my fiance-now-hubby answered I DO NOT INTEND..

Sheremae, I hope you wouldn't give up on this process. Losing the opportunity of not having the love of your life beside you is excruciatingly painful most especially that you're about to give birth from the fruits of your love. Wish you all the luck! God bless..

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

dont give up...its just one month...your fiance isnt giving up..do what you can do..when the embassy questioned my husband's income they told us to make a letter explaining how he makes money...and had it notarized here in usa..

in my husband's letter he did mathematics...like he said how much he makes in one day just for tips and the trips that he had in the pi which cost this much and all the money that he spent for the petition and everything...add all those things and it will cost this much which surely is enough to support my wife when she gets here...and to think my hubby's income was about 2000 plus dollars in 2005 10,000plus in 2006 and 20,000plus dollars in 2007.. just made it to the poverty guideline in hawaii..

in your letter make sure that he will say that he will support you when you get here..and say how much he makes...etc etc...

i was fraud too..but i didnt give up... just keep on holding on and praying so much.

God bless you and your baby.

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that you only check INTEND or DO NOT INTEND if you are a sponsor...

If you are the fiance you do not check either you just write in box N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence ) and leave the boxes unchecked with your financial information included.

This is going by the sample form in the VJ sample forms

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Am I incorrect....?

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

You will have to go back to Manila if you have the baby in PI if you want it to be a US citizen.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You need to be more patient.May be you need to get an apartment in Manila or a place where you can stay for the meantime since you are pregnant and it's not good for you to get stress by travelling a lot and the visa process really gonna takes time esp that your fiance made a mistake on your application.Goodluck to you and take care of yourself. Don't give up!.

Is his 2008 ITR below poverty level ?

Can he find a Co-Sponsor?

He can do an amended 2008 ITR and show his income above poverty level if that's the case......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Hi sheremae...

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

His lawyer said, if he is going to check the box intend to support me that could be a different visa to be used not K1 visa. His lawyer has an agency to work on visa and he said he's been doing this for 200 persons using K1 visa and he checked the box do not intend. I am so confused about this matter.

So, if i got some documents i can submit it to window 17 if though i dont have an appointment? The letter that was given from the USEM tells there that i am likely to become a public charge. It doesnt give me a list of documents that i need to bring. Is it possible to have another interview with the CO?

Thanks for your opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I would suggest that u ask your hubby to come over here and be the 2 of u submit d required documents needed by USEM. Thats what my cousin did 3 yrs ago...after a month, she flew for USA. Good Luck friend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.