ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont want to wait till 5pm for the servers to come up, I want them up now!! :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Omg! I just got my Warlock to 74...this is not good :(

Ok all you Kingslayers....we are getting the LK down to 43% but the valkaries are screwing us every time, we just can't get them down quick enough, I'm beyond frustrated, I really want to get this done before Cata ...

Is this on 10 man? First and foremost, I must ask, do you have a disc priest healing? The key to getting the valks down is first awareness, second positioning, and third, group makeup. A common thing that happens is that if you are in a group that you haven't raided with a lot, people tend to blow all their stuns right when the valks pick people up. Until you get to the outer ring, just slow them and burn. If you have a rogue, have them kidney shot the valk right when it gets to the outer ring.

Timeline

Omg! I just got my Warlock to 74...this is not good :(

Ok all you Kingslayers....we are getting the LK down to 43% but the valkaries are screwing us every time, we just can't get them down quick enough, I'm beyond frustrated, I really want to get this done before Cata ...

make sure you all stay stacked up on arthas in the middle..soon as they come out alternate stuns. almost every class can stun. but remember defile is same time almost so get ready to spread..how does your dps look like? also locks can teleport to their pad thingy when / if they get dropped to save them.

I dont want to wait till 5pm for the servers to come up, I want them up now!! :lol:

so ya..incomming dwarf shammy!!! lol

just so i can ya know..see all the new content stuff etc..pfft :P

HWDWm6.png

@Rob...yes this is 10 man...I kinda figured the problem is with the stuns and slows, I tried suggesting that we allocate the stuns and slows to 2/3 members to manage but ppl still have the mentality of 'throw everything at it', we don't have a disc priest but I will put forth the rogue tip.

@Kimbear yes the lock has the teleport trick down, our dps is strong so there is no reason why we shouldn't be burning them down. It seems to be a problem with our stun rotation I guess...I'll have a proper chat with the raid leader before our next encounter, see if it can be better 'organised'.

Thanks guys!

Almost 5pm...I'm excited! :lol:

Timeline

I know for our group we had a pally throw a stun up first, DPS the ####### out of them, then do more stuns only if needed when they were getting nearer the edge. Also definately make sure you are in the middle or you will end up with valks that go too fast over the side, before you can do anything.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Realms are coming back up!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

who's got a FROSTBROOD VANQUISHER???? oh ya baby I DO I DO!!!! XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and tonight its BANE OF THE FALLEN KING time baby!!!! woot woot!

cleared icc in 3 hours...prema grin all night with tears in my eyes..hot damn i love my guildies :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I put a funny wow video up but then it sounded bad lol

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

We 8 manned LK last night. Thats hot.

I had a group that was doing all the achievement runs in ICC. Unfortunately they fell apart with 2 left to get both drakes. I'm just not motivated to raid much anymore. I did ICC 10 LK last night out of boredom. We first tried to 7 man LK, but we just couldn't get the valks down quick enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So one week into Cataclysm, I thought I would post my thoughts about it, mostly in hopes of eliciting others as well.

First off, I think Cataclysm has taught me that we really need an IQ test to play this game. Seriously, how stupid can people be. Questing in Uldum, every 30 seconds, some moron asking where this is or how do I do this quest. I was in a good mood and answered a guys question about a quest. I linked him the quest walkthrough from wowhead, his response was "Can't you just tell me what to do?". Secondly, heroics are hard. But not nearly as hard as stupid people make them out to be. Seriously, how hard is it to not stand in fire? And finally, archaeology is lame.

One week into Cata and I'm tearing my hair out because healing on my priest has become next to impossible. It's doable as long as the entire group works together and so far that's only happened with my guildies. Forget about pugging anything. Tanks and DPS seem to still be in WoTLK mode and think they can faceroll through dungeons without having a strategy or having to crowd control. This is just in REGULAR Cata dungeons. I don't even want to think about heroics.

My heals are lame. They heal for the same amount they always did, but now they cost much more in mana. My biggest heal is about 16k (on a tank with over 100k health, awesome) and it costs about 3-4k mana. Ugh.

Timeline

Are you holy or disc?

I was healing until I hit 85, then it just got unbearable. I will try healing again at some point, but not any time soon. Heroics are hard, but not as hard as some people make it out to be. Just follow the standard wow rule "Don't stand in sh!t" and you'll be fine. It does seem like the only made it more difficult for healers though. Tanks and DPS got bigger mana and health pools while healers get reemed. The top healers that I've seen don't even have over 100K MP, whereas i've seen tanks with almost 200K health. I did't want to do it, but I'm really thinking of making either my rogue or my mage my main, can't argue with 2 button pressing to win :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well just hit 85 on my alt shadow priest because I decided awhile back I was sick of my lock and haven't touched it since 4.0.1 came live. So now I'm behind as a lot of the guild already hit 85. I'm still in greens and some crappy ICC gear still. Pretty sad ICC gear some of it because obsolete with the first green that dropped in Hyjal.

So we have this one old raid leader guy who I never liked who quit back in the spring time (yay). Now he came back right at Cata and was trying to get server first and didn't make it and is now wanting people to get geared and ready to start raiding now.

I'm going to have to leave a note with the Raid leader (the real one) whose the co-GM since our GM never comes on anymore, that I think I'm done with raiding. I got so burned out doing it the past few years. Wasting so much time doing the same ####### over and over only to get gear that is useless with the first green drops in the next exp. Sick of waiting for people to show up, waiting to start fights, waiting for endless explainations and ugh.

So this way I can slowly level all my alts up to 85, get max professions and start screwing around having fun for once rather then rushing through everything just to spend all the time doing the same ####### over and over every night. Maybe this way I'll have more interest in the game, because last few months I was about to quit doing it and wasn't even going to get the exp...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Although my gf and I didn't meet in wow ....funny thing is we both were playing it. She didn't play it very long or very much. However I used to play it since it came out but I quit for now. I'm glad too because it took over my life. I wouldn't of met my gf if I didn't stop and now I go to school. I thought about getting the expansion though. Maybe once I see her and get her ring paid for I'll get it. :P

Darkspear

Undead Warrior HWL Coldbloode

BE Death Knight Sefiroth

About 5 70s

and 30 toons between 2 accounts.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I healed Throne of the Tides at level 82, Disc Priest, full guild run. It wasn't half as nerve-wracking as I thought it would be though I imagine that pugs will be a different story until a month or so in when current Cata-level players have either gotten used to the revamped playstyle or have rage-quit. Triage-style, "welfare" heals are where its at, and I'm hoping that at 85, stats will be at a point where heals land for more so that their cost is justified.

A bunch of my guild went and killed one of the Whale Sharks last night for the achievement. It took us several attempts (including having a passer-by DK screw us up) to get it done. We had 2 Afflocks pull with dots, swimming backwards. Their dots were to hold aggro, and threat management was key. We did have corpses but with the Whale Shark hitting like Jupiter (eff "like a truck") but we did it without everyone being in heroic gear - some where but a lot were not. I definitely missed my warlock.

To those with gripes about gear being replaced at the start of a new expansion... I understand the frustration on gear being so easily replaced, but those concerns read as if the focus is placed heavily on "getting phat lewts." There doesn't seem to be much enjoyment of the game or even the company of people whom was present to get that gear. I've never been a raider (hoping to casually raid this expansion) but I would change my group/guild if I end up in a place that I do not like (repetition of rules, people not showing or showing up late).

You've gotta do something for fun or else it's not worth doing. Gear is cyclical, memories are unique. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.