ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahhh, back in BC, i ran two specs, both of which were technically hybrids. I had a demonology/destro build which is what I used the most. Send in fel guard, refresh dots and spam shadowbolt. I also used the destruction/demonology hybrid where you would summon a succubus and then sacrifice it to get 10 or 15% increased fire damage. That was when I would use 2 sould bags and cary upwards of 60 shards on me to a raid.

Yep that was my build now that I think of it, the Destro/Demo sac hybrid. Forgot about that. Guess that's about as far destro as I got then until WotLK. Been so long I don't even remember much about BC anymore. And soul shards were funny back then. I'd be the same, where every bag space I had was filled with shards that I could get in and had so many, but would never even use half of them. So glad that ####### went away and now 32 is like nothing to maintain anymore. Of course with that going away, there won't be much to maintain at all...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any pro hunters out there? I've been lvling as a MM hunter, and I do good DPS, but I've been told over, and over, and over again that I shold lvl as either BM, which I flat out refuse, or survival. I'm lvl 68 now and in northrend and am sitting here (45 minute queue for UK) deciding if I should respec or not. Any ideas?

Depends on what you want. BM with a tenacity pet (esp a turtle) will make it super easy to solo, which is why it's recommended for leveling. If you're running dungeons to level, SV is probably going to be better in terms of pure dps until you've got great gear. I usually tell my guildies to level BM, switch to SV at 80 until they acquire an i232 range weapon, then switch to MM. If you stick with MM, ignore all the ####### about ArP. Almost all MM hunters run the agi build, with the exception of the absolute top geared hunters, who can hit the ArP cap.

If you want to try simulating different specs, try using www.femaledwarf.com, it's a great site for checking gear. I don't know how accurate it'll be at 68, but it's awesome at 80. Rawr might be useful if femaledwarf.com doesn't work.

Really though, play whatever spec you want. Just don't gem for strength or spellpower ;)

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on what you want. BM with a tenacity pet (esp a turtle) will make it super easy to solo, which is why it's recommended for leveling. If you're running dungeons to level, SV is probably going to be better in terms of pure dps until you've got great gear. I usually tell my guildies to level BM, switch to SV at 80 until they acquire an i232 range weapon, then switch to MM. If you stick with MM, ignore all the ####### about ArP. Almost all MM hunters run the agi build, with the exception of the absolute top geared hunters, who can hit the ArP cap.

If you want to try simulating different specs, try using www.femaledwarf.com, it's a great site for checking gear. I don't know how accurate it'll be at 68, but it's awesome at 80. Rawr might be useful if femaledwarf.com doesn't work.

Really though, play whatever spec you want. Just don't gem for strength or spellpower ;)

LoL, the spec I want to play is the one that will do the most DPS. To update, I am lvl 70 now, and I did 1500 DPS last night in UK. I am considering deleting the toon, or just discontinue playing it. I have 6 lvl 80's, all very well geared, and it's just takes too much time. Most nights, I log in around 8, and if I don't find some group to raid, I end up just doing daily random heroics on each toon. It's nice having that many well geared and all max profession toons, but It takes too much time. Adding another 80 is gonna get expensive lol. ####### am I kidding here, i'll do it, and probably get a BiS bow and staff right when they announce cataclysm is going to open a month later. LoL.

I did come up with the best name for a hunter. It's a female dwarf named Rosieodonnel with a pet wolf named tacobender :rofl:

Oh man, I bought SC2 tonight, and went to link the key to my account and apparently someone already has the key... how is that possible? My husband thinks someone returned the game after they bought it...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Oh man, I bought SC2 tonight, and went to link the key to my account and apparently someone already has the key... how is that possible? My husband thinks someone returned the game after they bought it...

I've heard that on occasion, some people will purchase a game, install it, and then return it to the store to say: "oh, this game wouldn't load on my computer, can I exchange it for another one?". They will get a new, unopened version of the game, and then take it to a 2nd shop, still unopened and get a refund there. :whistle:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I concur with your husband (Peachey) and Rob & Mel (whom I presume at this point is Rob?)

More than likely, someone's gone used up that CD key. :( I don't know how one would fix this aside from trying to talk to Blizzard and explain the situation, unless you try and return the game after explaining you bought a game that someone has already utilized. :\

My little Proudmoore-Priest is chugging along. I lost a roll on the cloth headpiece in Gnomer to a Shaman. I generally know about the argument of "stats, armor type and availability" so I'm not too upset. It did, however, remind me of how I was ripped off by another shaman on my Warlock back when Ulduar was "semi-new" content - for a cloth headpiece they didn't even end up using.

Addons are allowed in Beta now - which makes me really wish I had an invite. Since the default UI is sound enough to allow for addons, I can't help but wonder how much more testing is required and when the Gnomer/Echo Isles patch event will be put in.

It'd be nice to have an 80 on Proudmoore for that patch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

addons are allowed yes but it causes some issues like random freezing etc..however i can finally see my dps now lol. rather than look at my combat log and analyize it :P

one thing i do like. is the new integrated power auras. not only does a symbol show up mid screen, but depending on the proc, your atcks will flash and light up. for instance, my dk, she is frost, when i get a killing machine or rime proc my icy touch and howling blast and frost stike will light up and shine rather then me staring all over my screen for a buff icon or timer. now if only they could add a countdown timer on the icon that would be awesome.

my hunter had to respec again, and i'm happy to say BM is actually better dps than my MM spec in my 232 gear. i pulled at least 1k more dps on the target dummy in BM today.

my dk does surprisingly well, and i have just to test my pally and druid. and yes..these are all of my LIVE chars copied over..giggle :P

worgen are still broken so are goblins, and professons and glyphs sigh.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't meet my now husband on WoW. I met mine playing Ragnarok Online. Surprisingly he was just over the border. 4 hour drive. Very perfect!

I was a Priestess, and he was a Priest in game. Haha oh wow! It's been 7 years since we first met on the game! Friends for a few years, then he asked me out 3 years ago, proposed last year, and married by the end of last year!

I'm going to have to say, Immigration is a much bigger pain in my rear than it is getting to level 99 on Ragnarok Online!

Timeline

I concur with your husband (Peachey) and Rob & Mel (whom I presume at this point is Rob?)

More than likely, someone's gone used up that CD key. :( I don't know how one would fix this aside from trying to talk to Blizzard and explain the situation, unless you try and return the game after explaining you bought a game that someone has already utilized. :\

My little Proudmoore-Priest is chugging along. I lost a roll on the cloth headpiece in Gnomer to a Shaman. I generally know about the argument of "stats, armor type and availability" so I'm not too upset. It did, however, remind me of how I was ripped off by another shaman on my Warlock back when Ulduar was "semi-new" content - for a cloth headpiece they didn't even end up using.

Addons are allowed in Beta now - which makes me really wish I had an invite. Since the default UI is sound enough to allow for addons, I can't help but wonder how much more testing is required and when the Gnomer/Echo Isles patch event will be put in.

It'd be nice to have an 80 on Proudmoore for that patch.

God I hate when shammy roll on cloth stuff. Most raid's I've been in, they won't even give it to them unless nobody else wants it.

Are you talking about the cloth head that the last guy in gnomer drops? I think it looks like it has a satellite or something on top of it. I ran my priest through gnomer 91 times to get that for a lvl 29 twink priest like a year ago. It never dropped. I don't think i've ever seen it drop either.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

@ Kimbear

I am sure that shortly, at least 1 addon author will make an addon for showing CDs on the default "power auras". Interesting to hear about how the changes have affected BM hunter. :)

@ chyiochan

I keep wiping on "P1" of immigration (to put it in WoW/MMO terms). I played a bit of RO, maybe just for a week or so. It's interesting how many people meet their significant others online nowadays.

@ Rob & Mel

http://www.wowhead.com/item=9492 <- Yes, that head piece. I lost it to a shaman. I kept having tanks who were incompetent and/or would take the long route through the instance so I actually leveled out of Gnomeregan's range without seeing it drop a second time. On the upside http://www.wowhead.com/item=7757 dropped for me later and the group was fine on me rolling need for upgrading to it. I am sure if I rolled greed with intention to AH it, I would've rolled a 1 or something. The potential gold would've been very nice but the upgrade is extremely helpful since I'm running without BoAs. If only I could afford the +30 SP enchant, the staff would last for a long, long time.

Timeline

so my bear tank sucks in beta, and now so does my kitty, used to doing 4-5k dps and now..i did a craptastic 2k on kitty...i r sad...i think kimbear the druid is going to get retired :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Yeah, looking at the changes so far.... Looks like affliction lock and feral druid are getting royally screwed over. Ret pali and shadow priest look waaaaaaaaaaaay overpowered. But I remember watching the beta vids of wotlk and then see how much things changed from that to the final release, so i'm hopeful that they will actually sort it out by then.

I fixed my star craft problem. Called up Blizzard (only on hold for half an hour!), and the guy sent me the forms I need to fill out and send in with my CD sleeve. Once they get my stuff they'll send me a new key and remove it from the person's who returned it.

The guy was super nice, he even changed my last name for me without me having to fax in proof of ID (because I still have my key from my original vanilla case).

Also, we (alliance) actually have WG right now. So I log on and msg people who are looking for people for VOA. NO ONE answers. #######? Like, I msg you, no answer and you still spam trade chat saying you need ranged DPS. GRRR! I know my gs isn't the greatest, but last time I went I did pretty damn good.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

The gnomer quest chain is now on live!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.