ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess who got into the beta....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OH yeah....I DID I DID :P David is sooooo jealous lol. while hes at work i get to have fun playing and testing lulz!

Congrats!

I always hoped I could get into the Beta; I opted-in before the first wave of invites, but I think I am not eligible. I pay for 1 month, then cancel the billing, which makes the account "frozen". I do not think "frozen" accounts are given beta access. :\

Trade chat is horrible on every and any server, even on Roleplaying servers. RP servers tend to have less idiots running around than other servers from what I've experienced/read/heard, which is nice if you're looking for a more mature environment to play on. However, RP servers raid progression tends to be slower than other servers because raiding is not a priority for all denizens of RP servers.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!

I always hoped I could get into the Beta; I opted-in before the first wave of invites, but I think I am not eligible. I pay for 1 month, then cancel the billing, which makes the account "frozen". I do not think "frozen" accounts are given beta access. :\

Trade chat is horrible on every and any server, even on Roleplaying servers. RP servers tend to have less idiots running around than other servers from what I've experienced/read/heard, which is nice if you're looking for a more mature environment to play on. However, RP servers raid progression tends to be slower than other servers because raiding is not a priority for all denizens of RP servers.

The worst chat on my realm has to be barrens chat. It's even worse than trade. The only thing that really irritates me about trade chat is the [#######] jokes. It was old in vanilla.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally through to Blizzard customer service - I was on hold for 1hr 7 minutes...brutal. I did comment on how busy they seemed and the rep was very pleasant...he was super helpful and used my original WOW copy's authentication key as the way to verify who I was (since I didn't have my authenticator of course)

You were lucky on the wait time. Last time I had to call, it took six tries to even get in the queue, then I waited over two hours to actually talk to someone! I had to get my cell charger out and plug it in, because my phone almost died while on hold.

I will say, though, that once you get to a human, they are extremely helpful. They just need more of them!

event.png

Timeline

You were lucky on the wait time. Last time I had to call, it took six tries to even get in the queue, then I waited over two hours to actually talk to someone! I had to get my cell charger out and plug it in, because my phone almost died while on hold.

I will say, though, that once you get to a human, they are extremely helpful. They just need more of them!

Yeah, that would be my assesment. I can remember about a year ago, there was a wave of hacked accounts on my realm. I knew a several people who got an email from blizzard, offering them 5K gold and 150 badges each in lieu of a full account investigation. One guy in my guild who that happened to refused their offer (as he had BiS for every item and 400K G on his main). It took over 4 weeks to get the restoration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i must be on a good realm lol all our chats are pretty ok. not too many immature kids. no barrens chat, no chuck norris jokes, and alot of lfg for raids and progression lots of pugs.

ok so beta has alot alot of issues right now. profressions do not work, half the time you cannot train, you have to switch specs a few time for the trainer to see you can learn that stuff. mounts are slow. animations of models dont always work. flying in old world is awesome. you can't customize half your chars like worgen and you cannot be a female.

the greens you get atm are item level 272 and almost as much statwise as my 264 icc gear which ticks me off to no end. no sockets yet on items but most of the green sell for about 10-20g. kinda reminds me of burning crusade when it came out. I hit 81 in a matter of hours yesterday and gained over 600gold. i decided to start with the hyjal zone, which has alot of lore etc. FYI never trust a Satyr..lol.

atm i can't test the premade druids, cuz...blizzard sucks, and gave them only one weapon..a freaking caster dagger..effing jerks..i'm not a bloody caster..sigh..and i have to wait for my real druid to be xfered..lol the gear on the premades sucks.they give you badge gear..umm usually they give you liek 4 types of gear for every spec. weapons etc, and the bis gear for your class..ya..so blizz sucks..lol. my actual chars have better gear :P

my deathknight, who is in almost full 264 gear, is AMAZING on the beta..OMG i'm so op now. :P i was unholy / dw frost spec. and i decided to try out 2hander frost..ohhh emmmm geeeee. i never run out of runic power, i have so many nice new atacks, my diseases are insta applied, and i'm hitting single target for 13k or more avg. so figures we'll prolly get nerfed LOL.

david tried out his warrior, and well he almost threw the pc out the windows eek! all his arp was switched to haste, even on my chars. and he only hits for a fraction of what he does in live. he is soo upset at blizzard. we've not heard the "need more rage" error since vanilla. and his dps sucks right now :( he is sooo upset.

as for my pally and hunter, well. lol i'm not even sure how to respec them!! so i'll play with them later in the week. Troll druids are LOLOLOLOL. oh man..saw one running around in ogrimmar..which is like huge and a bloody fortress and prepared for war, and i could not stop laughing. King B but in funny bright colors with the troll hair face and tusks..lulz. youd have to see it..i'm a try and find my screenshots. worgen druids..well worgen atm are broken so i cna't really try anything with them.and i refuse to try goblins lol..

HWDWm6.png

My SIL got a response from blizzard about her account. They said they froze it for now, and she has to call to get it back. I guess it's something right?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

@ Peachey

Yes, that is a good thing. It means that the hacker can't get into or otherwise mess up anything in WoW or the Battle.net account. That is the first step usually taken by Blizzard when they receive a report about a hacked account, as far as I know. She just needs to keep in touch with the support; perhaps she can do so via email to save herself wait times on the phone?

@ Kimbear

I'm on a realm that is the 3rd worst for raiding in the entire US realm listing. I really am considering rerolling but I would miss the few friends I do have on my current realm. Plus, I've always had trouble playing on a non-RP realm. Seeing people with names that break the "what would a parent name their kid?" guideline just makes my head spin, :blush:.

I hate to say it, but as a "casual player" I'll be happy for the quick gear upgrades from the first few quests in Cataclysm. For now though, folks will still benefit from their iLvl 245+ gear for a while if they continue to play, even if not raiding often. It was the same for BC and WotLK, and more than likely be the same for whatever comes after Cataclysm. What would be nice is a separate method of armor/weapon storage so that people who did work hard for gear sets would be able to keep them without wasting X many bag/bank/vault slots. Such a suggestion has been made many times, though, so who knows if anything will come of it.

I do like the fact that stats on gear have been streamlined, though I know that it will take some getting used to.

I imagine that although several invite waves have gone out, what you're seeing right now is still considered "early beta" or "mid-beta". Hopefully some of the major play/testing bugs/limitations will be taken care of in the next couple of beta patches so that folks can experience more things.

Edited by Tick Tock

Timeline

My SIL got a response from blizzard about her account. They said they froze it for now, and she has to call to get it back. I guess it's something right?

tell her to get a magazine or two and pee first before she tries to start calling and then when she eventually gets through - expect to be on hold about an hour like I was last weekend :(

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

God I hate the fact that 1 person can completely fvckup a raid. I logged tonight and got int a ICC10 group who had 4 people doing 10k + DPS..... Unfortunately there were 3 people doing udner 5K DPS. I point out how much they suck and Its a drama fight. #######. Oh well.

Timeline

wow 5k and that includes the 30% buff?? tha means they only do 3k so are probably fresh 80's..#######. RL should isnpect ppl beforehand.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

wow 5k and that includes the 30% buff?? tha means they only do 3k so are probably fresh 80's..#######. RL should isnpect ppl beforehand.

We did inspect beforehand. All of them had 5.4-5.5K gearscores. Further proof that gearscore doesn't account for skill.

Timeline

Amusingly, there's an addon out there called "SkillScore" that checks based on achievements, I think. Mind you, there are also addons that will fake achievements so I don't know how reliable SkillScore would be.

Oh, I have a small "1 player can f***up a group" story. It happened yesterday, actually. I'll also say that yes, heroics are trivial compared to raiding, but when all I have access to are heroics, I don't screw around or half-*** things. ^^"

I was healing on my Disc Priest in H Nexus. Hunter randomly says that the group all sucks 1 or 2 pulls in, but a few moments later says he was just kidding - like he noticed the distinctly lacking reply of "lol!" from the rest of us. We get to the frozen mobs room, and the tank goes and pulls several packs at once. I am sure this was his way of trying to prove that he didn't "suck" - of course, it backfires because he's overconfident, undergeared and clearly relying on me to pick up the slack and keep his 27k hp body from dropping dead.

He couldn't hold aggro - I pulled with my healing aggro, the 4k DPS mage pulled aggro, and the hunter probably did too! I drop like a sack of sand, the tank takes a dirt nap a few moments later and things continue going to hell but the hunter and mage somehow are left standing. For some reason, I can't remember the other DPS' class. So The hunter proceeds to say that they're not kidding this time - the group sucks. The tank tells me that I "fail at life" and that I'm a terrible healer. I could've explained why he was being an inconsiderate tank, but I just thanked him for ripping into a still-gearing player and dropped group. I rarely drop group, and it's even rarer still for me to say something "negative" like that, but I thought maybe this would be a wake-up call to him.

I checked his armory; he did not get any Nexus kills. Can't say I'm surprised. :whistle:

UI is almost finished, too. Outdated screenshot but playtime ran out. :(

wowscrnshot080810172519.th.jpg

Correctly viewed via copying the image to a new browser tab/window. :blush:

So my husband went along to an ICC 10 last night with the same guild he went with last week. They had to pug a healer, because it was an alt run. This healer refused to get on vent before they downed the first 3 bosses because he wanted the guild to prove they could do it.

First boss: healer just sits there, doesn't heal anyone.

Healer falls off the boat (I'm not sure what boss that is)

Healer finally gets on vent, and all I hear is the raid leader yelling at him for sucking so much.

LOL people think they're so good. I know I'm not THAT good, but at least I don't claim to be THAT good.

So at some point I go and watch TV cause I got bored. My husband came downstairs after 11 and informs me he /gquit our guild and joined theirs. I inform him he's a traitor and proceed to make fun of him LOL. I am worried I'm going to lose my husband to raiding.

Oh and I'm a huge retard. My husband bought SC2 and I thought I'd try it out. Well apparently you can only make one Character, you can't rename it or delete it. So my husband's character's name is Peachey.... ooops.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

@ Rob & Mel

PhanxChat handles the functionality.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info6323-PhanxChat.html

@ Peachey

Only one character for the whole game? If that's the case, Blizzard really is working hard to squeeze money out of players. It's one thing for a family of 4 to spend hundreds of dollars on start-up and monthly fees if they want to play WoW together, but another to only allow one character - undeletable - to be used for a whole game. GG Blizz?

This healer refused to get on vent before they downed the first 3 bosses because he wanted the guild to prove they could do it.

I would've dropped the healer right then and there, were I the raid leader. There are rules; you don't follow the rules for the raid, you don't raid. Is raiding without Ventrilo a common practice, for the RL not to have said "vent or GTFO"? That healer was very cocky. Shame on them.

DPS may be dime-a-dozen, but there's certainly more than 2 healers kicking around on a server. I hope your husband's raid ended on a good note. :(

Your husband is a traitor! LOL. :) I've actually lost a few cool guildmates to raiding. :\

Completely unrelated but... They've finally added in maps for all of the Classic (Azeroth) dungeons! Now they just need to do that for BC. Only on Beta, of course.

Edited by Tick Tock

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.