ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG - I am ticked at Blizzard (and kind of mad at myself)

I have the authenticator on my iPod...which choose to be a pain in the a$$ last night so I restored my iPod...no problem.

Except that I was stupid and forgot to remove the authenticator from my battlenet account before I restored the iPod. Once the iPod was back up and working, it restored the authenticator app...I essentially have a new authenticator which I need to attach to my abattlenet account - which I cannot because there is the phantom old one.

&^$%$#@$#%%^

And so I have patiently dialed the folks at Blizz and of course their line says ' Unfortunately, our queue is temporarily full, please call back later'

&^$%$#@$#%%^.......i have been dialing no less then 3 hrs from the time I got up and the frigging toll free line is always full...excellent customer service Blizz....how much $$$$ have I paid you the last 5½ years and the 1 time I need you I cannot get ahold of you

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah i know, Someone stoled my acounts last week. First of all when you call it says press three if someone has stolen your account and then it tells you to go online and report it. I sent them 5 emails and waited two days to hear anything when they did email they said they couldnt tell me anything as it wasnt the registered email NO duh because someone stole my account and changed everything. finally called back a million times and waited on the phone for over a hour on hold for a 2 minute conversation and got my account back. Love blizzard but hate there customer service at times.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Yeah i know, Someone stoled my acounts last week. First of all when you call it says press three if someone has stolen your account and then it tells you to go online and report it. I sent them 5 emails and waited two days to hear anything when they did email they said they couldnt tell me anything as it wasnt the registered email NO duh because someone stole my account and changed everything. finally called back a million times and waited on the phone for over a hour on hold for a 2 minute conversation and got my account back. Love blizzard but hate there customer service at times.

Finally got through and have been on hold for 1 hour and no live person yet.............home my cordless doesn't die first!

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

My SIL got her account hacked and I'm assuming sold. Her characters are on different servers now and starcraft 2 is on her account. She's in the process of trying to get her account back. We told her last night that if she does, maybe she'll have some awesometastic gear n stuff lol.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

@ Udella&Wiz

I'm sorry to hear what happened; I hope by now they were able to resolve your authenticator issue.

@ Canadiandggal

Eep, I hope they can restore your account soon! I know sometimes it's quicker to have your friends/guildmates submit GM tickets ingame on your behalf to notify the GM that your account has been compromised. They certainly deal with a lot of hackers, so I'm not surprised their phone lines are busy. Having an authenticator certainly helps; personally, I have the physical one (no smartphone/ipod app). It does add another layer of protection, but it's still important to be mindful of what sites you go to and what you download as there is trojan out there that can compromise the authenticator. Essentially, the trojan waits in the background. When you load WoW, it starts paying attention. When you type in your authenticator code, it records the code and instead sends Blizzard an incorrect one. There is a window of time for them to use the correct code you provided (so long as they have your username and password) and they can then log in to your account. Blizzard did write about this - called a "man in the middle attack" if not mistaken.

@ Peachey

One of my former guildmates' accounts was hacked after he stopped playing. The hacker added gametime to actually get into the account and steal things. He got his account back, along with stolen items/gold PLUS the gametime remained. Unfortunately, he did not want to play WoW anymore so it remained unused, but it shows that the gametime wasn't revoked by Blizzard in this instance.

Your SIL might be able to keep the Starcraft game, but she would need the CD/registration key I think. She could probably do a digital download of the game but without the key, I do not know if she could play simply on the basis of Starcraft being linked to her account.

I got a new PSU on Friday; hopefully this one will last longer than a year. I had been in the midst of working on a UI when the PSU died, so I'm resuming that. Will have a screenshot or few when all's done. ^^"

I also hit 80 on my priest last night, and the first heroic I was sent to through LFD was Halls of Stone! I couldn't heal it, and the group was incompetent, so I apologized for my lack of qualification and dropped group. Healing, overall, has been fun though. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I had Two accounts stolen one with my main on it and the other had my alts. I got my main one back pretty quick , blizzard took the month someone put on my account and got back anything that had been changed or stoled. On my alt account, I got my account back, changed everything and got to Keep the MONTH that the hacker put on my account. What are they going to do about ? Nothing because the hacker hacked my account thats his stupidity.

So I have both accounts back, changed every password on everything, wow, emails, EVERYTING and put a authenticator on the world of warcraft accounts.

Its not too hard to get an account back and she really should get to keep everything :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

anyone on proudmoore? :D

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

Timeline

Finally through to Blizzard customer service - I was on hold for 1hr 7 minutes...brutal. I did comment on how busy they seemed and the rep was very pleasant...he was super helpful and used my original WOW copy's authentication key as the way to verify who I was (since I didn't have my authenticator of course)

He removed the old one and added the new authenticator for me and then waited while I confirmed that I could sign in.

Apparently - I have a problem - I am addicted to WoW and Starcraft :D Who knew.....

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

I read somewhere that Proudmoore is the unofficial gay/trans/bi server of wow. :lol:

It pretty much is. I love it! Its a great server progression wise as well :) Lots of cool people and really decent pugs :):dance:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It pretty much is. I love it! Its a great server progression wise as well :) Lots of cool people and really decent pugs :):dance:

That is one of the realms that I was looking at to transfer to. I stalked the realm forums and I had a few alts on there. Trade chat was bizarre.

That is one of the realms that I was looking at to transfer to. I stalked the realm forums and I had a few alts on there. Trade chat was bizarre.

haha yes. yes it is. i usually just skim through to find what im lookign for, theres a lot of people who just sit there and troll it all day.

Timeline

Guess who got into the beta....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OH yeah....I DID I DID :P David is sooooo jealous lol. while hes at work i get to have fun playing and testing lulz!

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess who got into the beta....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OH yeah....I DID I DID :P David is sooooo jealous lol. while hes at work i get to have fun playing and testing lulz!

Congratulations. Now you have to post screenshots and videos of the gameplay in the new zones. :)

Varba's best friend got into the beta as well. I was kinda hoping I would since I got into Wrath Beta and SC2 beta, but no email yet.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.