ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so my pally is now 60. we turned xp off doing the vanilla thing and dungeon 1/ 2 set thing

divine storm is yummy :) i do so much freaking aoe dmg right now it's sick..lol. luckily hubbys tank can keep agro :P So far its' fun. and if we dont get a healer on..i just pop on some intel gear in my ret spec and i can still heal damn well..sad really..i heal better in ret than some healy spec'd ppl in LFG...

HWDWm6.png

Could you be referring to the addon "TourGuide" ? I know that it has the ability to load user-created guides, for leveling or even holiday events. TourGuide on its own has a default leveling guide for Horde and Alliance if not mistaken, too. I've used it in the past for a quick guide to all of the Fire Festival bonfires. Yay for addons! :)

Maybe, but I find I'm out leveling the guide sometimes. I started guide 50-50 and 50-51 when I was 49 and now technically I'm on guide 51-52 but I'm 53.5 so I have to skip it. My husband tells me when I get to level 55 I will be going to ramparts to get easy xp.

My husband and I just play in a guild of friends and family. The other day one of my friends from Canada tells me his guild is depleted and he's looking for a new guild and is willing to change realm and faction. Kinda hinting he'd like in our guild. I tell my husband and he goes "NO WAY", so I say "So, it's ok to play with your friends, but not mine??" He still doesn't want my friend in the guild :(. It makes me sad.

Oh and someone was talking about rotations. I spec'd my hunter into survival and man, the rotation is complicated!!

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so my pally is now 60. we turned xp off doing the vanilla thing and dungeon 1/ 2 set thing

divine storm is yummy :) i do so much freaking aoe dmg right now it's sick..lol. luckily hubbys tank can keep agro :P So far its' fun. and if we dont get a healer on..i just pop on some intel gear in my ret spec and i can still heal damn well..sad really..i heal better in ret than some healy spec'd ppl in LFG...

OH god Divine Storm is way OP, especially with the 4pc T10 set. I have had it proc like mad during the trash in the very beginning and gone over 20K DPS very easily.

Maybe, but I find I'm out leveling the guide sometimes. I started guide 50-50 and 50-51 when I was 49 and now technically I'm on guide 51-52 but I'm 53.5 so I have to skip it. My husband tells me when I get to level 55 I will be going to ramparts to get easy xp.

My husband and I just play in a guild of friends and family. The other day one of my friends from Canada tells me his guild is depleted and he's looking for a new guild and is willing to change realm and faction. Kinda hinting he'd like in our guild. I tell my husband and he goes "NO WAY", so I say "So, it's ok to play with your friends, but not mine??" He still doesn't want my friend in the guild :(. It makes me sad.

Oh and someone was talking about rotations. I spec'd my hunter into survival and man, the rotation is complicated!!

I don't know why, but Mel and I really never were in the same guild. At least not our most active toon. Is the guild Varba's guild, or is it started by people who all know each other in real life?

I've lvled my hunter (lvl 63 atm) as marksman. It was a 19 twink for a year and a half before I lvled it. Kinda funny that I have like 80K HK on a lvl 19 toon. I have lvled as marksman since lvl 22. I have gone a bit overboard with the eq and chants, but I love marksman. I was gonna go to survival but was told if I'm doing 1.2K DPS at lvl 63 as marksman, I should stick to that.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i tried all 3 specs on my 80 hunter, and i tried agi vs arp

i prefered MM and did more dmg. and i stuck with arp in t10. works out better. i'm also an ej / forum/ read it all / min / maxer on all my toons :P they all have over 3k wowheroes GS, not sure what that would be with the mod..our realm dont use it.

HWDWm6.png

I don't know why, but Mel and I really never were in the same guild. At least not our most active toon. Is the guild Varba's guild, or is it started by people who all know each other in real life?

Yeah it's Varba's best friend's guild. We all know each other in real life (including my friend from Canada). It's just sometimes Varba, or his friend will complain that we can't even do 10 mans because we don't have enough interest, but they won't take my one friend who wants to raid, like once every 2 weeks maybe, in the guild.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

i prefered MM and did more dmg. and i stuck with arp in t10. works out better. i'm also an ej / forum/ read it all / min / maxer on all my toons :P they all have over 3k wowheroes GS, not sure what that would be with the mod..our realm dont use it.

I try to minmax all my toons, but I do admit that I am lagging far behind on my shadow priest. I should be doing about 10k DPS, but I can barely crack 9.4. It was so easy to play a shadow priest b4 and the 4 T9 set bonus made it so easy making devouring plague and vampiric touch essentially on the same cooldown. Now they are off and I don't play it enough that I really have a real rhythm down. I have gotten bored of my lock. I'm spending the next few weeks to find a new realm, again. I had found one before, but just when I was getting ready to move my toons, the top guilds on the alliance side crumbled because the top 2 guilds on the horde side were recruiting them by paying the transfer fees for all their toons. I really don't have a preference about alliance or horde, but I don't want to play on a realm that is completely one sided. Well, I would prefer to stay alliance, I have chanted/gemmed so that my hit rating is the minimum needed with misery, and the dreanei buff :lol: But I would switch in a heartbeat if I could find a decent guild that raids at or after 8 p.m. pacific time zone.

Yeah it's Varba's best friend's guild. We all know each other in real life (including my friend from Canada). It's just sometimes Varba, or his friend will complain that we can't even do 10 mans because we don't have enough interest, but they won't take my one friend who wants to raid, like once every 2 weeks maybe, in the guild.

Well, next time they complain that they can't field enough players for a 10 man run, you can remind them that you tried. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I run MM too. I ran SV during Naxx, but I HATE HATE HATE the Lock 'n Load proc-inevitably, it procs at the end of the fight =P

I run agi, b/c I've never managed to get my passive arp high enough to make the switch to gemming arp. femaledwarf.com FTW for figuring out hunter stuff...

event.png

I run MM too. I ran SV during Naxx, but I HATE HATE HATE the Lock 'n Load proc-inevitably, it procs at the end of the fight =P

I run agi, b/c I've never managed to get my passive arp high enough to make the switch to gemming arp. femaledwarf.com FTW for figuring out hunter stuff...

I'm sure you know this, but lock and load procs when you stand still for 6 seconds. It is very annoying when it procs and you're just sitting down to eat and you suddenly stand up. That's my only peeve with it. I like survival, I just wish we could tame all pets. My husband got so excited the other day, he found skoll up in storm peaks and logged on to my hunter to tame it, and then, after his toon died, realized he couldn't cause I wasn't bm spec anymore.

wait, I think I'm getting them mixed up. Yes, lock and load, the explosive shot one... my bad.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, at lvl 46, I think you have just judgements and consecrate really. It gets a lot better when you get into the 60's. But I would just tank at low lvl. It's funny, consecrate at your lvl will out DPS a rogue by itself. :lol:

Consecrate + judgements were what I recall using. It was so boring. XD I may decide to run BGs for leveling into Outlands, but I'm not sure on queue times and I'm a rather horrid PvPer so I may just get frustrated by it and quest. I am trying to reserve rolling a new character for Cataclysm, so my paladin is next in line.

Grats on 60! A tank/heal spouse combination always sounds fun. Back when my husband had a tank, I was DPS, so we did have a bit of downtime. I wish he'd pick up tanking again. It is amazing how lazy some people can be - not just at healing when in a healing spec. I'll run with BM hunters in LFD heroics and barely hear noises for certain abilities, but when I'm on my BM, I try to use those abilities whenever they're not on CD.

The guide may be out of date - to not factor in the lesser amounts of exp it takes to ding. Guides also really can't factor in whether or not you have X% of rested exp, which will make things go quicker. On my priest, I healed instances to 50, quested to 58, then quested straight through Outland. It went by relatively quickly, though it may've gone quicker healing Outland instances.

I'm sorry that your husband doesn't want your friend joining the guild - is it up to him, though? My one friend from Canada used to play WoW and I could never get her to join my server. She finally started playing WoW again and this time, came to my server and guild. She took a break for a bit and now I see that she's logging in again but I can't really play... WoW is good for keeping in touch with people, I've found.

I mentioned rotations before, hehe. I've not tried out survival - I thought I read somewhere that the spec shines when your gear gets to a certain point (armor pen maybe?) so I've just stuck with BM. In Vanilla and a tad of BC, I ran solely as MM. My Warlock is Affliction, and I find it enjoyable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure you know this, but lock and load procs when you stand still for 6 seconds. It is very annoying when it procs and you're just sitting down to eat and you suddenly stand up. That's my only peeve with it. I like survival, I just wish we could tame all pets. My husband got so excited the other day, he found skoll up in storm peaks and logged on to my hunter to tame it, and then, after his toon died, realized he couldn't cause I wasn't bm spec anymore.

wait, I think I'm getting them mixed up. Yes, lock and load, the explosive shot one... my bad.

Yeah, I think you're thinking of Sniper Training, which is part of the SV tree (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53304) I think it's one of the big reasons why MM, even the agi build, is generally better in ICC. There very few fights where you get to stand still for a decent chunk of time =P I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I'm either constantly running to avoid something, switching targets, or just shifting to maintain proper range from my teammates. It makes me miss Patchwerk ;)

And I agree about the pets. I don't have a BM spec (MM for raiding, SV for pvp), so I can't get any of the cool pets =(

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG.. /squee!

My man and I met in WoW <3 and although I am now retired, I just have to say you guys make me happy!

Hooray!

[img]http://davf.daisypath.com/bOLvm4.png[/img]

31.03.2010- I129F Filed (K1/K2)
02.09.2010- Interview - VAN - [color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
18.09.2010- POE Edmonton-Atlanta
01.10.2010- Civil Wedding in GA! <3
04.29.2011- AOS Filed (K1/K2)
09.19.2011- EAD Approved
10.24.2011- AOS - ATL Interview -[color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
11.02.2011- Green Cards for us!!

Timeline

Best.Class.Ever. :lol:

I enjoy it greatly. ^^" Right now, I can spam Seed of Corruption in instances and do okay with damage, but I am hearing that instances in Cata will not be AoE-fests anymore. I'm wondering if Afflocks will actually have to dot mobs again. The soul shard overhaul is leaving me uneasy; I'd do better testing it than reading about it.

Also, for grins and giggles... Or, this may just make you /facepalm. In which case, I apologize. :blush:

Personally, I don't like this sort of music genre, but when it's about WoW, I can't help but listen and laugh. The other one I find hillarious to listen to is the XT-002 remix. Makes me want the little XT-002 companion pet, hah.

Timeline

I love the vanilla wow video titled "Moar Dots". I used to have that queued up during raids and when we wiped I would play bits in vent :lol:

Affliction lock is mostly a single target based class. Seed of corruption is nice, but really only shines if you've got like 10 mobs. If it is 2 or 3, I dot them individually anyways. I haven't read much about cataclysm tbh. I remember when WoTLK was in beta testing, I would scour the internet to find videos or reviews. I got so excited about demonology warlocks, and then they nerfed them. They are good now, but it took well over a year for them to do anything about it.

Edit: Here is the video

Edited by Rob & Mel

Timeline

:rofl: I've seen that video before. Hilarious stuff. :) MrVoletron did a remix for Onyxia wipe guy.

I ran Onyxia once, at 80, before she was updated for LK. I'm glad I got the Feat of Strength but I've yet to run it again.

The problem I have in running heroics now with my warlock is that the mobs die so quick. My dots barely do much damage, so I end up just using SoC because it's burst damage; I actually get to contribute damage. If the tank is undergeared or just sucks, I'll hold back on SoCs because I run the risk of getting too much aggro and then boom, dead clothie on the floor. :S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.