ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll eventually have my 3rd 80. Not sure what I'll do beyond that; wait for Cataclysm to work on a new character, or work on my Paladin. Retadin was so boring though and I don't know about tankadins/healadins. Those terms do make me laugh though.

Transer, I hope your group was able to down the LK!

I am surprised; this is another Tuesday seemingly without maintenance.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll eventually have my 3rd 80. Not sure what I'll do beyond that; wait for Cataclysm to work on a new character, or work on my Paladin. Retadin was so boring though and I don't know about tankadins/healadins. Those terms do make me laugh though.

Transer, I hope your group was able to down the LK!

I am surprised; this is another Tuesday seemingly without maintenance.

OK, now you all are making me feel like an even bigger nerd than I know me and my wife are. I have 6 lvl 80's, 5 of them have a 5.5K GS or higher and my newest 80 only has 5.0K GS. Yes, I know I raid too much. My wife has 8 lvl 80's, and is working on another one. She has also deleted 3 lvl 80's. She's very good at lvling and I find myself frequently asking her questions about quests and zones. It's like she's memorized thottbot :rofl:

Ret pali isn't quite so boring, and is almost always one of the top DPS in every raid i've been in. My ret pali has a prot off-spec, mainly because I hated healing on it. I never get to main tank, only OT. I guess Pali tanks are best at AoE tanking, but lack the single target threat generating ability of a warrior. I've been playing my ret pali and my shadow priest mostly, although I haven't played in 4 days now.

Edited by Rob & Mel

OK, now you all are making me feel like an even bigger nerd than I know me and my wife are. I have 6 lvl 80's, 5 of them have a 5.5K GS or higher and my newest 80 only has 5.0K GS. Yes, I know I raid too much. My wife has 8 lvl 80's, and is working on another one. She has also deleted 3 lvl 80's. She's very good at lvling and I find myself frequently asking her questions about quests and zones. It's like she's memorized thottbot :rofl:

Ret pali isn't quite so boring, and is almost always one of the top DPS in every raid i've been in. My ret pali has a prot off-spec, mainly because I hated healing on it. I never get to main tank, only OS. I guess Pali tanks are best at AoE tanking, but lack the single target threat generating ability of a warrior. I've been playing my ret pali and my shadow priest mostly, although I haven't played in 4 days now.

There's a neat mod that I use, I forget the name of it, but it loads Jame's leveling guides right into the game. It's saved me a lot of time leveling my rogue for sure!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

There's a neat mod that I use, I forget the name of it, but it loads Jame's leveling guides right into the game. It's saved me a lot of time leveling my rogue for sure!

My problem is that I hate quests. I hate them with a passion. So I have decided that from this point on, I will only lvl toons that have some sort of healing or tanking capacity. That way, I only have to lvl up to 15, and then I can instance lvl the rest of the way.

Edit: There is one questline that I do at low lvl that I choose to do. It is in Astranaar, and I do it because you get this quest item that turns you into a furbolg for 3 minutes. So cool. :lol:

My little baby disc priest hit 40 this weekend. I am having such a blast healing with her, such a contrast from my frustrations with healing on my pally. Leveling through the Dungeon Finder takes a lot of patience, though. It seems that I get stuck with the twelve year olds who think it's funny to be jerks because they're hiding behind a computer screen. Or I get stuck with the tanks who don't hold aggro, don't wait for me to get mana back, don't give me time to loot before they're running off into another mob, run somewhere far away and then yell "OMG WHERE ARE MY HEALS???" because I can't heal through walls.

Argh.

Timeline

My little baby disc priest hit 40 this weekend. I am having such a blast healing with her, such a contrast from my frustrations with healing on my pally. Leveling through the Dungeon Finder takes a lot of patience, though. It seems that I get stuck with the twelve year olds who think it's funny to be jerks because they're hiding behind a computer screen. Or I get stuck with the tanks who don't hold aggro, don't wait for me to get mana back, don't give me time to loot before they're running off into another mob, run somewhere far away and then yell "OMG WHERE ARE MY HEALS???" because I can't heal through walls.

Argh.

Well, Disc priest gets sooooooooo much easier at lvl 60 when you get penance. Then you press 2 buttons, collect loot, repeat. It get's boring especially when you get to northrend because it is so unbelievably easy. You don't even really need a massive mana pool like a holy pali or a holy priest. But what I did to entertain myself while instance lvling as a disc priest was to try to DPS as well. I would bubble everyone before the fight, and then try to either dot everything up or use mind sear. My goal is to out DPS the lowest person in the group, and then mock them. :lol: I still do that when doing my random heroics. Some instances like CoS, HoS, Nexus, UP, UK I can do like 1300-1500 DPS while not letting anyone die. I just don't bother to look at the recount "overhealing" stat cause holy nova overheal is unavoidable. :rofl:

Well, Disc priest gets sooooooooo much easier at lvl 60 when you get penance. Then you press 2 buttons, collect loot, repeat. It get's boring especially when you get to northrend because it is so unbelievably easy. You don't even really need a massive mana pool like a holy pali or a holy priest. But what I did to entertain myself while instance lvling as a disc priest was to try to DPS as well. I would bubble everyone before the fight, and then try to either dot everything up or use mind sear. My goal is to out DPS the lowest person in the group, and then mock them. :lol: I still do that when doing my random heroics. Some instances like CoS, HoS, Nexus, UP, UK I can do like 1300-1500 DPS while not letting anyone die. I just don't bother to look at the recount "overhealing" stat cause holy nova overheal is unavoidable. :rofl:

:lol: This is hands down the easiest healing class I've played. I struggled so hard with a resto druid and with a holy paladin, that I almost gave up on healing completely. But I've leveled to 40 with hardly a death in any of my groups. And when they have died, it's been their fault! But yeah, I tend to get bored because I have nothing to do so I dps as well. If I didn't, I'd just spend my time jumping around or /dancing and accidentally pulling things. I love that bubble! Does all my work for me.

Timeline

:lol: This is hands down the easiest healing class I've played. I struggled so hard with a resto druid and with a holy paladin, that I almost gave up on healing completely. But I've leveled to 40 with hardly a death in any of my groups. And when they have died, it's been their fault! But yeah, I tend to get bored because I have nothing to do so I dps as well. If I didn't, I'd just spend my time jumping around or /dancing and accidentally pulling things. I love that bubble! Does all my work for me.

With that bubble, you can actually selectively let certain DPS die. You can teach them a lesson, especially the ones who get overconfident with a bubble and get start pulling things expecting the tank to taunt off them. That was my pet peeve. I actually found tree healing easier. I have healed two wailing caverns runs as a shamen healer, and If that is any indication of things to come, I think I will stay elemental. They have such long as$ cast times and it seems like I have to start casting when the tank is at 65% just to hit him with a heal right before he dies.

With that bubble, you can actually selectively let certain DPS die. You can teach them a lesson, especially the ones who get overconfident with a bubble and get start pulling things expecting the tank to taunt off them. That was my pet peeve. I actually found tree healing easier. I have healed two wailing caverns runs as a shamen healer, and If that is any indication of things to come, I think I will stay elemental. They have such long as$ cast times and it seems like I have to start casting when the tank is at 65% just to hit him with a heal right before he dies.

I've always envied the shaman's chain heal, but I've yet to try actually playing one. That was my biggest pet peeve with my holy paladin, I was mostly only good for single target heals. Drove me nuts.

Timeline

I've always envied the shaman's chain heal, but I've yet to try actually playing one. That was my biggest pet peeve with my holy paladin, I was mostly only good for single target heals. Drove me nuts.

I remember before ICC was released, a Holy Pali with the ulduar legendary hammer was sooooo OP. Disc priest is mostly a single target healer at lvl 80. LoL, some fights, you end up just renewing bubbles. :lol:

Timeline

Ret pali isn't quite so boring, and is almost always one of the top DPS in every raid i've been in. My ret pali has a prot off-spec, mainly because I hated healing on it. I never get to main tank, only OT. I guess Pali tanks are best at AoE tanking, but lack the single target threat generating ability of a warrior. I've been playing my ret pali and my shadow priest mostly, although I haven't played in 4 days now.

Pssssh, no nerds here. Just cool folk playing WoW! /sunglasses

They've made changes to the experience tables throughout the history of WoW and with so many changes (like mounts at earlier levels, RAF etc) it is very easy to level quickly. :) I will say I'm impressed with the GSs - I know they don't translate to skill (but I am sure you're both skilled!) but I don't think I've got near 5k GS yet. I don't raid or even really run VoA. Leveling my priest has gone very quickly; mainly using the LFD tool. I've done very few quests on her but as a healer, I do not need to wait too long to get into an instance so exp comes quickly. :)

I've heard that retadins get more fun around level 40-something, but I've not gotten to that point yet. :( I rolled the paladin to have a tanking character for my guild but I had more fun with my priest and it's not like we're raiding so... Paladin is gathering dust, lol. I just logged on after a week of not playing and I see people who were taking a break have been logging in - of course now, when I am not able to play on my own computer! I miss my UI. :(

Could you be referring to the addon "TourGuide" ? I know that it has the ability to load user-created guides, for leveling or even holiday events. TourGuide on its own has a default leveling guide for Horde and Alliance if not mistaken, too. I've used it in the past for a quick guide to all of the Fire Festival bonfires. Yay for addons! :)

Argh.

Disc priest is so fun! I can't comment about healing heroics or raids though as my Disc/Shadow priest is only 78. PS:S is awesome, and as is Penance (as mentioned by Rob&Mel). With Disc, it is all about damage absorption and you may run into the odd tank that will complain about not being able to generate rage/threat because of your shield. If you ever get hit with such a whiner (paladins and warriors), you can tell them to re-read their talents, because shields no longer affect their regeneration. Paladins who complain that they're not regenerating enough mana are misunderstanding their class, as they do have a separate ability that better helps them with mana regen (as opposed to regen through being smacked around by mobs).

Personally, I find myself doing just a bit more than Penance and PW:S, but that could be due to the fact that I'm doing things with at-level gear. Prayer of Mending is an ability you'll want to constantly be using when you do get the ability. It's very handy and personally, I love hearing it "ding!" around when it hits various party members.

If I notice that the tank doesn't pay any attention to my mana, or me saying that I am low/out of mana, I will simply shield the tank and start drinking before they even get to the next mob/pack. It helps compensate for their lack of courtesy, though I still do mention "I can't heal if I'm OOM." Boss fights are the worst though, but having Shadowfiend later on will help a tad with such mana regeneration during combat. I wish I had Dispersion as a Disc priest, but that's Shadow. :( Cataclysm will be reworking mana regen. I think they're encouraging priests (other classes too?) to use offensive spells as they will return mana, or something like that.

Edited by Tick Tock

Timeline

Pssssh, no nerds here. Just cool folk playing WoW! /sunglasses

They've made changes to the experience tables throughout the history of WoW and with so many changes (like mounts at earlier levels, RAF etc) it is very easy to level quickly. :) I will say I'm impressed with the GSs - I know they don't translate to skill (but I am sure you're both skilled!) but I don't think I've got near 5k GS yet. I don't raid or even really run VoA. Leveling my priest has gone very quickly; mainly using the LFD tool. I've done very few quests on her but as a healer, I do not need to wait too long to get into an instance so exp comes quickly. :)

I've heard that retadins get more fun around level 40-something, but I've not gotten to that point yet. :( I rolled the paladin to have a tanking character for my guild but I had more fun with my priest and it's not like we're raiding so... Paladin is gathering dust, lol. I just logged on after a week of not playing and I see people who were taking a break have been logging in - of course now, when I am not able to play on my own computer! I miss my UI. :(

Ret palis become invincible at lvl 40. You will notice such a huge boost from wearing plate vs. mail. I noticed it so much that when WoTLK first came out and my comp was lagging in northrend, I turned my pali into a lvl 49 twink. It was unreal how easily I could plow through everyone. When I finally got a new(er) comp, I found it great that I could do all those group quests solo. Granted, back then, you could use lay on hands, and then bubble. The thing that I like about ret pali in raids is that there isn't a set rotation like you find with casters and even many melee classes. Omni_CC is a great add on for ret pali.

Does anyone out there use a Razer Naga mouse? I do and i found it to be a lifesaver. I don't need macros anymore or even to use any healing add on like healbot. I just use grid. <3 Grid. Hmmmm. I'm gonna post my UI when I get home tonight. I have a very plain UI. It's funny, I got this great new computer a few months ago (Alienware FTW), and now I actually run fewer add ons than before. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got 3 80's on my account as well (of course they're behind in gear since I quit 6 months ago). A Resto Druid (who was my third alt but became my main in Wrath), a Warrior Tank (my first toon) and an spriest (was my main for a little bit till I realized spriest dps was broken). Also got several lowbie alts, all around lvl 20. My DK is lvl 70 so I could max out Inscription. Before I quit it was already so easy to heal that I ran heroics on my off spec (boomkin) throwing heals where needed, I only did that with my guild's tanks though, 'cus then I knew their gear and their skill and knew I could just throw some hots and DPS away.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Ret palis become invincible at lvl 40. You will notice such a huge boost from wearing plate vs. mail. I noticed it so much that when WoTLK first came out and my comp was lagging in northrend, I turned my pali into a lvl 49 twink. It was unreal how easily I could plow through everyone. When I finally got a new(er) comp, I found it great that I could do all those group quests solo. Granted, back then, you could use lay on hands, and then bubble. The thing that I like about ret pali in raids is that there isn't a set rotation like you find with casters and even many melee classes. Omni_CC is a great add on for ret pali.

Does anyone out there use a Razer Naga mouse? I do and i found it to be a lifesaver. I don't need macros anymore or even to use any healing add on like healbot. I just use grid. <3 Grid. Hmmmm. I'm gonna post my UI when I get home tonight. I have a very plain UI. It's funny, I got this great new computer a few months ago (Alienware FTW), and now I actually run fewer add ons than before. :lol:

Hm. My paladin is level 46, so I'm sure there are a few abilities just a few levels away that will make things more enjoyable. I went with the BoA chest, shoulders and 2H axe for leveling - I remember the axe being so slow, and like you said - there's no rotation for retadins. I was so bored in instances because of the lack of abilities. I like rotations or even options, but I didn't feel like there were any up to that level range.

I have looked at the Razer Naga. It looks awesome. For healing, I use Grid with Clique. I've started to incorporate Grid for party/raid to replace other unitframes. I'd happily post my UI whenever my computer is up and running again though I'm not sure when that will be. I have an older onboard graphics card and my UI doesn't really tax my system; it seems RAM is more of a performance factor than video card unless you're running a very ancient graphics card. Very ancient = my old GeForce 5500FX, old = my current onboard GeForce 8200.

I am sure, though, I would not be managing so well if I were running 25mans; more stuff going on would mean more strain on the onboard, which would shorten its lifespan. I'm surprised the onboard has held up for almost a year - hoping that it was not affected by my PSU's death. Graphics cards aren't too expensive if looking at mid-range performance, but I can't really afford the expenditure.

Timeline

Hm. My paladin is level 46, so I'm sure there are a few abilities just a few levels away that will make things more enjoyable. I went with the BoA chest, shoulders and 2H axe for leveling - I remember the axe being so slow, and like you said - there's no rotation for retadins. I was so bored in instances because of the lack of abilities. I like rotations or even options, but I didn't feel like there were any up to that level range.

I have looked at the Razer Naga. It looks awesome. For healing, I use Grid with Clique. I've started to incorporate Grid for party/raid to replace other unitframes. I'd happily post my UI whenever my computer is up and running again though I'm not sure when that will be. I have an older onboard graphics card and my UI doesn't really tax my system; it seems RAM is more of a performance factor than video card unless you're running a very ancient graphics card. Very ancient = my old GeForce 5500FX, old = my current onboard GeForce 8200.

I am sure, though, I would not be managing so well if I were running 25mans; more stuff going on would mean more strain on the onboard, which would shorten its lifespan. I'm surprised the onboard has held up for almost a year - hoping that it was not affected by my PSU's death. Graphics cards aren't too expensive if looking at mid-range performance, but I can't really afford the expenditure.

Yeah, at lvl 46, I think you have just judgements and consecrate really. It gets a lot better when you get into the 60's. But I would just tank at low lvl. It's funny, consecrate at your lvl will out DPS a rogue by itself. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.