ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahaha, thank you Kimbear! XD

I've a confession to make...

Aside from a half-clear pug of Ulduar and a handful of VoA 25s, I can't say I've ever raided before. :blush:

So to hear about anyone completing 5 raids in one day is mind-boggling to me, hehe. :)

Poor falling guildies and what mean vaklyr! I wonder if Flexweave Underlay helps, or if it's as futile as using Flexweave in Oculus?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahaha, thank you Kimbear! XD

I've a confession to make...

Aside from a half-clear pug of Ulduar and a handful of VoA 25s, I can't say I've ever raided before. :blush:

So to hear about anyone completing 5 raids in one day is mind-boggling to me, hehe. :)

Poor falling guildies and what mean vaklyr! I wonder if Flexweave Underlay helps, or if it's as futile as using Flexweave in Oculus?

o.O i have no idea what flexweave is LOL.

truth be told, sometimes me and hubby need a break from our guild (hordeside) so we take off and go play our lowbie alliance alts :blush: we rolled new chars over on Hellscream a bustling server with lots of people and it seems like a good server so far. Woot got my pally to 40! WHEEE epic mount instead of waiting til 60 with a stupid long quest chain!!!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Hehe, Flexweave Underlay is fun stuff, unfortunately, only for Engineers. :( I've used it on my Hunter if my drake in Oculus dies; sometimes I can land on a lower platform but in the end, the boss just zaps me to death so it's a no-win situation. Funny as heck, though.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55002 <- Flexweave Underlay.

I know many folks who will roll alts on the other faction, or another server altogether, to have a bit of time away from their guildmates. :)

I remember doing the Warlock mount quest before it was made optional - very fun. I like how they've made it a Feat of Strength; I've heard other Warlock players talk about it like it was some sort of badge of honor, hehe. I think one great thing about WoW is the option to play the game's multiple aspects and some tedious things have been made optional, but have not been completely removed.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, i've been banging my head on LK for the last 3 hours. It is all the fault of 3 retards. But, they are officers in the guild, so of course they dont' get kicked or told what to do. But this is an alt run, so i'm not that concerned. I only stick around because I want a new weap and this would push me over a 6K Gearscore. I know, gearscore doesn't determine skill, but it's still a nice benchmark to hit.

I didn't meet my SO playing WoW, but we did play together for about a year :)

I currently have an 80 warlock, an 80 paladin and am leveling a priest who's almost at 40. All on Runetotem, horde side.

Edited by Coconuts

I'm leveling my rogue and he's already level 50. Today Varba and I were suppose to go out to his cousin's cabin, but Varba's wery sick. So I'm leveling my lockpicking... how fun...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Don;t know if anyone mentioned this yet in gthe thread....has anyone taken up Starcraft while waiting on Cataclysm? I bought it and have tried a couple missions on Casual mode against the game and then decided I needed the Brady guide to help me :)

My husband on the other hand is loving it.

WoW lately hasn't been much of a draw for me...too many things in real life and the Loremaster achievement is getting me down - I can only do about 10-15 quests in a sitting and i have to run to here, there and heck&gone while doing them.

I used to be a big raider back in Karazhan, Black Temple days....I miss it but can't bring myself to stay up till 11 a couple nights a week.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Me: Choline, 80 Rogue, The Scryers; Kinase, 54 Paladin, Moon Guard

Him: Taxol, 80 Shaman, The Scryers; Anatoly, 80 Paladin, The Scryers; Jazindra, 54 Mage, Moon Guard

All of these are Alliance. I have baby Horde toons on Deathwing, and he's got more 80s there.

We didn't meet because of WoW, but we certainly ended up spending more time together because of it.

27 April 2010 - decided to get married

May 2010 - Immi Lawyer Contacted

9 Jul 2010 - I-129F filed

21 Jul 2010 - Petition Received

26 Jul 2010 - NOA1 Received

Late Jul 2010 - Touch

03 Oct 2010 - Touch

05 Jan 2011 - NOA2 (Approved)

11 Jan 2011 - NVC Case Number Generated

21 Jan 2011 - Packet 3 Received by Lawyer; petition now at Consulate

11 Feb 2011 - Received Scans of Packet 3 Checklist from Immi Lawyer

01 Jun 2011 - Appointment Letter, Booked 9 Sep 2011

31 Aug 2011 - Medical in Toronto, passed

09 Sep 2011 - Interview, Visa Approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm 6 months "sober". We stopped payment on our account. I quit in January, hubby quit in March. We plan to never go back. WoW is way too addictive.

So yeah, my resto druid, warrior tank and Spriest are retired. Hopefully for good, if Cata doesn't lure me back in, I'll do my best to stay away. To be honest though, I don't miss the game, only a few of the ppl, and some of my faves stopped as well, so that's a good thing I guess.

I did get Loremaster on my druid before I quit, that was A LOT of hours of questing.

Edited by Ladylethal

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

OK, i've been banging my head on LK for the last 3 hours. It is all the fault of 3 retards. But, they are officers in the guild, so of course they dont' get kicked or told what to do. But this is an alt run, so i'm not that concerned. I only stick around because I want a new weap and this would push me over a 6K Gearscore. I know, gearscore doesn't determine skill, but it's still a nice benchmark to hit.

ding ding ding...omg..i wonder that must be why I DONT RAID ANYMORE....

yarp..i said it..the officers are dumba$$es, no one wants to adjust strategies, our ranged dps sucks..and ppl just LOVE TO STAND IN #######!!!!...

ok done vneting... ya i just want badges for my shadows edge..but i said screw it..haven't logged in in two weeks...wipign 300times is not fun anymore...when they refuse to reset icc to get gear for ppl who need it...

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, even with the increased buff in ICC, you aren't going to down Lich King while carrying a few morons. I didn't like being in a hardcore raiding guild because they took the game way too seriously. But I hate being in a casual guild that raids even more. On friday, we were doing 25 man ICC and I jokingly made the comment on dreamwalker that if casters stand in the void circles, you get a huge spellpower buff. What do you know, 3 casters an a healer die on the first void circle, and they wanted me to pay for their repair bill. Best part about playing my ret pali is the nice Divine Intervention macro i've got. No repair bills for me. :lol: To make matters worse, all 3 of those casters who died have been playing since vanilla wow. Their excuse is one boss, General Vezax. Ok, one boss out of how many where standing in the goo/fire/pool gives you a buff negates the 99% of other boss' where it kills you? I think common sense evades more than half of people in WoW. I have started lvling my huntard and my shaman more. I get to lvl 15, and then instance lvl to 80. I can't be bothered with quests anymore. I don't need the money, and rep grinds put me to sleep. :lol:

I'm not going to play starcraft, because I suck at all RTS games. I played Rise of Nations before WoW, and I liked it (on single player). Two years ago, when my wife and I were bored with wow, we tried Dawn of War, an RTS game. She would annhialate me. I recorded all of our matches, and even copied her strategy, but I just can't win. I think our record was something like 68-2. I bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 a couple of weeks ago and loving that game. Just sucks that you have to get XP in a shooter game, seriously, ####### is up with that :lol:.

Timeline

@ Udella&Wiz

I won't be playing Starcraft, though my husband is looking into it. I've always been a 1 game at a time sort of person. :)

@ teh Jai

Moon Guard! RP Server! I used to play on MG but when Wyrmrest Accord opened, I switched over. Shame you're Alliance though; I'm mainly Horde. Would've been funny to run into you via the dungeon finder tool. :)

@ Ladylethal

Yeah, there's a reason they call it "Warcraft" for sure! I know I had spent way too much time playing in the past years. I'm playing less now, but it is my main form of entertainment (can't get out much at all) and it's (unfortunately) too good of a distraction from reality. I definitely played to occupy my mind from stressful things - especially as to how I got so fed up, frustrated, confused and lost about immigration before finding VJ. That's not the case anymore now. I definitely wish I had found VJ earlier - but I digress.

There's a few friends I am missing, but everyone has different play schedules and when a small guild's core members go on break or whatnot, it seems hard to get back together in the same playtime. A small guild is great until the core gets fragmented for one reason or another. I am actually the GM for my guild and I'm not sure how to go about mending things. It's a bit different in being on a RP server and being an RP guild.

@ Kimbear

I hear about burnout due to various factors and think that I am glad that I don't raid. By not raiding, however, I've totally missed out on seeing things and potentially having fun. I always wanted to get my guild to a place where we could try casually raiding as 10 mans but the moment we go close to a core of 10 80s to pull it off, people left. My server is pretty terribad for pugging raids (which never seems to be a good idea anyways!) and I can't quite bring myself to give up my guild and try to join another.

@ Rob & Mel

/facepalm

/facepalm

Those casters. Eesh. I wouldn't have paid their repair bill either. If I was raiding, I'd sure as hell read up on the fight beforehand to know not to stand in "the bad stuff".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@ Tick Tock - It sure is a nice distraction, although since I don't work I was playing up to 12 hrs a day, or whenever hubby was working. But it got to a point where the game wasn't just fun and a nice distraction anymore, all the pressure from guildmates and guid drama and that urge to grind and farm and down bosses was making me stressed to the point I was spending my time off WoW thinking of how I could improve in Wow, or what I'd do next in WoW. I realized that wasn't healthy at all, so I quit.

That was mid January, right after the second wing in ICC released, my guild was on Prof Putricide, I had the light bulb go off after a frustrating run where we killed Rotface easily and then spend hours wiping on Festergut, all 'cus a few wanted to end the raid early to run their late night 10 man ICC. Made me think about how it wasn't a fun night with guildmates anymore, it was a job really. So yeah, I never even saw the LK, LOL. And honestly? I was so fed up I haven't even gone to Youtube to watch the fight and see how it is.

Until all the Cata beta stuff started coming out all over there place I hadn't even felt the itch to play again, and I'm fighting it and hope to keep my husband away as well.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

@ Ladylethal

I understand what you faced. I didn't end up being pushed away because of drama or stressed from raiding though. When I played WoW, I was in total control over my characters. In contrast, I didn't feel like I had control over my life because I'm still in a state of limbo and unsure of what I even could do for myself.

When my passport expired in the middle of April (this year), I reached a breaking point. I knew there was more information that I wasn't getting in talking to lawyers through free consultation. I had been scared into thinking that if I were to look for information online - to make myself public so to speak - I would run the risk of getting into some sort of trouble and face deportation as I am an overstay. When I reached the breaking point, I started looking into forums and found VJ. Subsequently, I learned that I was not helpless or hopeless; others had been in my situation and came out of it positively. I felt empowered and found there were other pieces to the AOS puzzle and started to piece them together. I still play WoW, but I have priorities in life that finally feel accessible and attainable. WoW's gone back to being just a game, thankfully.

I've met a few people who have relied on WoW too much as a distraction/coping mechanism; some have admitted and some have not. I know one is back to playing again, but I believe they have gotten their life on a track they now enjoy and are looking forward to. They wanted to give their account to me, and I told them nope - would not take it. I knew that at some point, they would want to play again. There's nothing wrong with playing so long as one can keep themselves from getting into the same "rut" again. I knew that person was working on getting out, and had the feeling they'd want to play again; for fun and not coping.

So, I'm hoping that you and your husband will end up down the road enjoying life - maybe having WoW as a fun game, without it turning back into a chore or for using it as I did. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.