ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

So after waiting for the game to work all day, I came to realize that my password had been changed (without notifying me by email, mind you), and my main's bank/gold had been wiped out.

Thankfully, it doesn't appear as if it was done by a spammer, as the account is still open, was just a matter of getting a new password (on hubby's computer) and now attempting to figure out where/why/how. Yay.

Here's to hoping they'll restore my #######, heh.

I'm excited about the xpac... for no other reason than the fact that I love new things in the game that aren't simply end-game content. A new raid is great and all - for those who are raiding heavily - but for the rest of us, it's something we probably won't see for some time. So other in-game changes are good in my book.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So after waiting for the game to work all day, I came to realize that my password had been changed (without notifying me by email, mind you), and my main's bank/gold had been wiped out.

Thankfully, it doesn't appear as if it was done by a spammer, as the account is still open, was just a matter of getting a new password (on hubby's computer) and now attempting to figure out where/why/how. Yay.

Here's to hoping they'll restore my #######, heh.

I'm excited about the xpac... for no other reason than the fact that I love new things in the game that aren't simply end-game content. A new raid is great and all - for those who are raiding heavily - but for the rest of us, it's something we probably won't see for some time. So other in-game changes are good in my book.

Ugh...That doesn't too good. Blizzard will eventually restore it. It's just a matter of time. I'm not really sure what they are thinking. Making us register with Battle.net and then this new "real ID" ####### makes the lives of hackers easier. I think there's at least one person in my guild that has been hacked once every week. I purchased an authenticator earlier this year and guess what! Since we live in Canada, we have to pay about $20.00 for it. Even with authenticators there's no guarantee that your account is %100 secure.

Ooh...And for those who PUG everyday, you'll enjoy this.

June 2003 - Met online

July 2004 - Met in person (in Texas), then travelled back and forth for the next couple of years

June 7, 2010 - Fiancee sent off I-129F

June 23, 2010 - Application received by USCIS and routed to the California Service Center for processing (NOA1)

November 2, 2010 - Received NOA2

November 29, 2010 - Received Packet 3 from Montreal Consulate (P3 was dated Nov. 19)

December 6, 2010 - Sent Packet 3 (via XpressPost Canada)

December 20, 2010 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal Consulate (P4 was dated Dec. 14)

March 28, 2011 - Medical Examination in Toronto (Results ready on March 30 at noon)

April, 13, 2011 - Interview at Montreal Consulate *APPROVED*

April 20, 2011 - Received DHL waybill number & picked up Visa at DHL Markham

June 6, 2011 - POE at Toronto Pearson Airport

June 20, 2011 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm at the point now where i have almost one of every type of class for raids LOL i have my dk my hunter and my druid tank who is now boomkin spec as OS..kinda neat doing that..

david played eq1 religiously til he left for wow, then we took a wow break, tried eq2, like it..but missed the ppl from wow. and the professions suck in eq i find..yes i'm lazy :P

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm at the point now where i have almost one of every type of class for raids LOL i have my dk my hunter and my druid tank who is now boomkin spec as OS..kinda neat doing that..

david played eq1 religiously til he left for wow, then we took a wow break, tried eq2, like it..but missed the ppl from wow. and the professions suck in eq i find..yes i'm lazy :P

LoL, I'm pretty much the same. I have a Disc/Shadow priest, Ret/Prot Pali, Lock, Mage, and a Rogue to raid with.

However, I am unable to log in since the newest patch. I can actually log in, but as soon as I do anything, like get on a mount, or put a spellstone on my weap, WoW locks up. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason, and no consistent information on the forums. Seems some people with windows 7 have problems with it, but I know several in my guild who don't. So i'm not gonna bother logging on for a while. Oh well.

I tried EQ2 for about 2 days. I hated it, it seemed quite lame to me. I never played EQ1, so maybe I am missing something.

Timeline

rob i was having mega issues with the game..turned out since they broke avr and avre it was bugging..i had forgotten to remove them so i did that.however, i think they did something to the video settings or what not since i used to be about 60 fps..and now..i'm lucky if i get 22.. and my latency starts at 83 and ends up over 400 and yellow..gah. so annoying.

Although i do raid 3 days a week in 25's, i still will love the new content when it comes out. me and david are big on lore etc, and our guild is aptly named Neltharions Fury, and has been around since vanilla. the whole guild is looking forward to Cata.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Avr/avre? I've disabled all the addons that I have and I still get the same errors. I guess i'll delete them from the folder and download all new ones. The one that doesn't work that I am very sad about is Quartz. It was a great cast bar. I need to find a new unit frames too. Just when I get my UI just the way I like it..... this happens. sigh. I didn't see any drop in FPS or latency. I only drop below 75 FPS in dalaran and I didn't see any difference than before the patch.

I've never been into lore, and probably never will be. I just want to make a worgen fury warrior :lol:

Timeline

did you try deleting your wow cache folder? as for ui, i am extremely happy with spartan ui. it looks amazing and has all my functionality in it and uses up hardly any memory at all.

HWDWm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I have tried numerous UI packages and i'm not completely happy with any of them. So far, I use the following add ons:

1) X-Perl (I love the buff/debffs)

2) grid

3) CC omni

4) paly power

5) omen

6) auctioneer

7) gatherer

8) MIK Scrolling Text

9) Power Auras Classic

10)Quartz 3

11)Dominoes

12)Bagnon

13)Recount

I was trying to raid less, but on a lonely sunday, I managed to do ICC 25 on 4 toons and 10 man on 3 toons. I did 14K DPS avg on my Shadow Priest in 25 man ICC, So much fun playing a shadow priest. I tried healing my first raid ever, but that ended in disaster. I have tanked 10 man ICC, but thats it. I can't decide whether to lvl my huntard, or my DK atm. Mostly, i'm waiting around for cataclysm and i'm going to lvl a worgen warrior and some sort of goblin with my wife.

So Varba an I started playing wow again about a month ago. Varba's best friend and wife also re-activated their accounts the same day as we did, and we didn't even know it!

So we've been doing the new 5 mans that came out since we stopped playing a year ago. It's pretty fun again. We'll never raid, our guild is just like 6 of us friends.

BTW, instead of Quartz, we use Bazooka. (at least thats what Varba said). It's nice

I have a level 80 hunter, 72 shaman and some other random low levels. Leveling up my rogue mostly, but I just finished the DK starter quests... EPIC!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL I am totally late on joining this thread but me and my fiancee met playing on Alleria, as a night elf Hunter and him a Pally Tank. So glad to know we are not the only gamers out there to meet on the game and fall in love.

K1/K2

05/25/2010: Sent off I129-F to CSC

05/27/2010: I129-F Received by CSC

06/02/2010: NOA1 (8 Days)

06/07/2010: Received Hard Copy NOA1

10/19/2010: NOA2 (139 Days since NOA1)

10/25/2010: Hard Copy NOA2 arrived :D And it arrived at NVC :D

10/26/2010: Case Sent to Montreal Consulate.

11/01/2010: Montreal Consulate Received Case, and P3 Sent to US Petitioner

11/08/2010: US Petitioner received P3(20 days since NOA2)

11/10/2010: Sent P3 back through DHL service :D

11/24/2010: Received P4 (14 days since sending P3 Back)

03/08/2011: Interview! (Canceled due to unforeseen circumstances)

CR1/CR2

04/17/2011: Marriage

__/__/2011: Sent off I-130 Package

LOL I am totally late on joining this thread but me and my fiancee met playing on Alleria, as a night elf Hunter and him a Pally Tank. So glad to know we are not the only gamers out there to meet on the game and fall in love.

That's funny I just came accross this. My husband and me met on Alleria as well in 2004 when the game came out. I was a female NE hunter and he was a female human rogue. We still kept our toons there, but haven't played on that server in 3 years. We now play on Burning Legion. Or should I say he plays on BL. I haven't played in almost a year now, I keep my account activated once in a while so they don't delete my toons, but after playing for 5 years I kinda needed a break.

And oh shocking, my toon name on Alleria is Mephys :P Everything evolves around that name since I met my husband. It's my name on every forum I go on lol

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

We play on Hyjal. We used to play on Gorefiend, and actually never ran into each other when we played on that server.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I really haven't had much time to play lately, or interest for that matter. Monday through thursday, I am either busy packing, or just don't have any interest to play. Friday I do a 25 man ICC, and saturday, I am either getting ready for the move, or spend time with my niece and nephew. Sunday, I did manage to play wow waaaaaaaaaay too much. I got in 5 raids in one day. :blush:

Timeline

WElcome to the wow club tick tock lol :)

omg Rob 5 raids in one day ? i WISH i could do that! lol. our guild finally made it to the arthas in 25man..talk about epic..and what a crazy fun fight! but we always choke at the valkyr part...no one gets to them in time as they drop our guildies off the cliff..lulz!

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.