ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:blush: well we cancelled wow cuz we were physically together in february and were not playign it lol..as for the eq..well it was 2 months free..lulz. but ya..the wow itch is starting to really bug me lately :P

amg..i keep reading blue posts about mastery and stuff..and omg...gimme beta now plzkthzbai! i did beta test for wratth..was so nice and fun..

I wouldn't play EQ2 if you paid me. Too many roleplaying people there. Same I found with LoTR Online. I had a friend who alpha and beta tested for LoTR Online. I swear half the people on there were named Legolas or some variation of it. Aion is nice graphics wise, but there literally is not enough content to play more than a few weeks. I tried guild wars and it was kind of fun. I liked the whole wanted system. I like wow, I kind of like some of the lore, but mostly, I just love to kill things and humiliate people in PvP :)

Well turns out that I wasn't eligible for the discount. I had called them this morning to find out what sort of documentation I needed to provide to prove where I worked etc, thinking that this was one of those blanket discounts they give to everyone. It's a government employee discount, so I thought it was for all government employees. Turns out that it is a program that your employer has to sign up for. So the guy on the phone gives me the price over the phone and tell him that it's a bit more than I was planning on spending and that I'll need to talk it over with my wife. Immediately, after I said the "W" word, he says "ohh, let me go talk to my manager to see what we can do". He comes back with all sorts of discounts and they waive the shipping costs to get it almost what the discount I was enquiring about was. I guess they were scared to lose a sale because my wife wouldn't let me. Truth be told, she would have just told me to go ahead and buy it. :rofl:

I'm kind of excited to get my new comp, but it's probably going to take 3-4 weeks to get it. Oh well.

LOL, that's still pretty awesome.

ok i admit it..after a month of no wow....i've been reading up on cata more and more..and the worgens..and well.. lol i can feel the tug of it callign me back..but i'm trying very hard to restrain myself :P

I know what you mean, I'm so stoked for Cata. I'm happy they're changing the stat mechanics a bit, it was getting a little silly. I still don't like what they're doing with armor proficiencies, I miss in Vanilla when having mail armor actually meant something :P But I'll digress on that one. Unforunately, I would love a Worgen, but I'm Horde4Lyfe. :(

Maybe I'll just make one in secret.

I wouldn't play EQ2 if you paid me. Too many roleplaying people there. Same I found with LoTR Online. I had a friend who alpha and beta tested for LoTR Online. I swear half the people on there were named Legolas or some variation of it. Aion is nice graphics wise, but there literally is not enough content to play more than a few weeks. I tried guild wars and it was kind of fun. I liked the whole wanted system. I like wow, I kind of like some of the lore, but mostly, I just love to kill things and humiliate people in PvP :)

I still see people running around on Nelfs or Belfs with names like that :P I'm a big lore fan, but I'm not into the roleplaying thing. I just think it's interesting.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Somewhat off topic

I need Cataclysm to hold off a bit....I have decided to do the Loremaster achievement after hitting 80 (which is a day or 2 away). I am going to be my methodical ####### self and go back to the starter areas and exhaust quest chains...when I first started I was in such a hurry to get out of those areas that I did the bare minimum to move on to the next.

Wish me luck....I predict a lot of lonely nights

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

LOL the loremaster is not that hard. i have a friend who did it took a few months..and you have time.. Beta has not even been announced yet.

I started off wow as alliance. a nelf warrior named shadowveil. then we switched servers my RL friends and we went horde. Made my undead rogue, Darkmistress, then i made a tauren druid, Kittiara now kittypaws due to realm xfer, i have a hunter named Melenith, and i had a palladin named Consuella.

However, i much prefer the alliance areas, yes i'm a true girl in that sense lol. they are so much prettier :P Although tbh..i hate hate the king..omg i wanna punch his arrogant face lol...wtb thrall faction change please :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's ok, I wouldn't play WoW if you paid me. Too many kids in the population. EQ2 is not a roleplaying game as much as you described. There is ONE server designated as a roleplaying server (not my server), and I don't see people like what you described. I've been playing EQ2 since launch in 2004 and I love it.

Personally I think PvP is retarded. I can't imagine working on a quest and someone comes along, kills me, and steals the gear and money I have worked so hard to get.

I play to progress in new content, especially in raid zones. To me it is all about making my character the best it can be, best armor, best spells, highest damage on the parse, and of course top level and max AAs.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok i admit it..after a month of no wow....i've been reading up on cata more and more..and the worgens..and well.. lol i can feel the tug of it callign me back..but i'm trying very hard to restrain myself :P EQ2 is fun and all..and the graphics are way better than eq1..but..its frustrating how there is not info anywhere like there is for wow. you got wowhead, mmo and all those sites..tons of guides etc..but for eq..it's not there.

Info for EQ2:

EQ2Wikia

EQ2.ZAM

Official EQ2 Forums

EQ2Flames

I have a modified UI that has built in links to these sites for each quest. So when the quest pops up, I can choose which search engine to use and it loads directly to the page that has the detailed information for that quest.

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

I'm sure you like your EQ2, but there just ins't the same level of content or development as WoW. Ganking can be annoying, but it has its place and purpose. There are arseholes in each and every game, and if you play on a pvp realm, there is at least a recourse available to you. But back to warcraft, as this is the warcraft thread.

I got my 4th toon to 80 last night, first horde toon. I've always hated playing a rogue, because I really don't like melee class' too much. My motto has always been "Never trust a class that has no mana". Palis have mana, so that was my lone melee class. Rogue is so freaking easy it's not even funny. It's not quite as easy as playing a mage, but very close. I'm actually tranferring this toon to a new realm sometime this week. I'm trying out a new realm and figured I should at least take a lvl 80 with a max lvl enchanter. I'm going to use up all my stone keeper shards and a tonne of triumph badges to get a 2nd full set of the bind on account items. Yes, I am lazy when it comes to lvling. But who wouldn't want a full extra 20% XP when lvling?

Timeline

So I think I finally figured out the mystery as to why people are wanting insane gear score requirements for basic raids like Onyxxia's Lair, Ulduar, and Naxx. I was hanging out in Dalaran on saturday night and chatting with friends when I saw the insane tell. I wish I would have taken a screenshot of it, and the exchange that followed, but here is a recap of it.

Loser: LFM Naxx 10, 5800 Gearscore minimum, pst with spec/class

Me: #######, 5800 for naxx?

Friend of mine: Check out his armory......

After I checked his armory, it turns out that he had just hit lvl 80 the day before and was wearing quest reward gear from like Zul'Drak. He was still wearing his heirloom chest and shoulders. It then dawned on me.....

Me: So you just want real players to carry you to get 20 badges and some gear because you're too lazy to farm it yourself?

Loser: Shut up, I'm trying to start raiding.

Me: So why do you need people with that high of a gear score for a low level raid?

Loser: So it will go faster.....

Me: .... And you will get carried and nobody will roll on gear.

Now, I just hit lvl 80 and I wouldn't dare try ####### like that. I will probably pay a tank to queue with me in randoms so I get the instant queues. Sucks though, at lvl 80, I can't queue for heroics til I get a higher gear score. :blush:

Timeline

QUOTE (Kimbear @ Mar 9 2010, 01:30 PM) ok i admit it..after a month of no wow....i've been reading up on cata more and more..and the worgens..and well.. lol i can feel the tug of it callign me back..but i'm trying very hard to restrain myself tongue.gif EQ2 is fun and all..and the graphics are way better than eq1..but..its frustrating how there is not info anywhere like there is for wow. you got wowhead, mmo and all those sites..tons of guides etc..but for eq..it's not there.

Info for EQ2:

EQ2Wikia

EQ2.ZAM

Official EQ2 Forums

EQ2Flames

I have a modified UI that has built in links to these sites for each quest. So when the quest pops up, I can choose which search engine to use and it loads directly to the page that has the detailed information for that quest.

Arabella..you are a lifesaver!! lol

my shadowknight is now lvl 20! woot. dark elf of course :P soo much fun! i'm still getting use to everyting and of course with the new expansion all the aa and stats got changed.gee thanks..just when i was getting used to it LOL

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I'm sure you like your EQ2, but there just ins't the same level of content or development as WoW. Ganking can be annoying, but it has its place and purpose. There are arseholes in each and every game, and if you play on a pvp realm, there is at least a recourse available to you. But back to warcraft, as this is the warcraft thread.

I got my 4th toon to 80 last night, first horde toon. I've always hated playing a rogue, because I really don't like melee class' too much. My motto has always been "Never trust a class that has no mana". Palis have mana, so that was my lone melee class. Rogue is so freaking easy it's not even funny. It's not quite as easy as playing a mage, but very close. I'm actually tranferring this toon to a new realm sometime this week. I'm trying out a new realm and figured I should at least take a lvl 80 with a max lvl enchanter. I'm going to use up all my stone keeper shards and a tonne of triumph badges to get a 2nd full set of the bind on account items. Yes, I am lazy when it comes to lvling. But who wouldn't want a full extra 20% XP when lvling?

To be honest..after playing wow since beta, i find there is more "quest" stuff in EQ2 then there is in wow. i mean so much stuff to do. and when i craft stuff..it's not like oh press a button and walk away. there is a real sense of acomplishment. and the neat heroic opportunities makes combat more fun if a bit hard to get used to at first. you really have to think about what attacks you do.

i'll probably go back to wow for a bit when CATA comes out, but for now. i'm genuinely enjoying EQ2. (not that ####### eq1 blech..never catch me playing that lol)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

To be honest..after playing wow since beta, i find there is more "quest" stuff in EQ2 then there is in wow. i mean so much stuff to do. and when i craft stuff..it's not like oh press a button and walk away. there is a real sense of acomplishment. and the neat heroic opportunities makes combat more fun if a bit hard to get used to at first. you really have to think about what attacks you do.

i'll probably go back to wow for a bit when CATA comes out, but for now. i'm genuinely enjoying EQ2. (not that ####### eq1 blech..never catch me playing that lol)

Yeah, i'm not really into quests or lore, i'm more into PVP and raiding. No real need to quest really, I can just instance lvl. With my druid, i'm resto spec, so it's instant queues every time. With a DPS class, I just find a tank and be their friend :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Last night, I did something that I always swore I wouldn't do in trade chat. I was sitting in SW waiting on a queue for an instance on my druid and made the mistake of actually reading trade chat. It was absolutely repulsive. So I got on an alt, and started things off by insulting the big bad trade chat troll and then stated that gay marriage should be legal in any capacity in the u.s.. I logged back over to my druid and requeued and sat there and reported about a dozen people for their racist and homophobic remarks. I did my instance and teleported back to SW and noticed that they were still going. I was tempted to get back on my trade chat trolling alt and point out how ignorant and stupid they are, but I imagine their ban will say the same thing.

I'm really getting tired of the Alliance on my realm. I've played on Blackhand and Illidan, two of the oldest and bigges population realms in the entire game, and have found the same to be true; Alliance are bigger arseholes than horde.

Timeline

Last night, I did something that I always swore I wouldn't do in trade chat. I was sitting in SW waiting on a queue for an instance on my druid and made the mistake of actually reading trade chat. It was absolutely repulsive. So I got on an alt, and started things off by insulting the big bad trade chat troll and then stated that gay marriage should be legal in any capacity in the u.s.. I logged back over to my druid and requeued and sat there and reported about a dozen people for their racist and homophobic remarks. I did my instance and teleported back to SW and noticed that they were still going. I was tempted to get back on my trade chat trolling alt and point out how ignorant and stupid they are, but I imagine their ban will say the same thing.

I'm really getting tired of the Alliance on my realm. I've played on Blackhand and Illidan, two of the oldest and bigges population realms in the entire game, and have found the same to be true; Alliance are bigger arseholes than horde.

i couda told ya that..it's why i went to horde side a looooooong time ago.

btw..tanking prof in icc is fun whistling.gif

oh wait..did i say that out loud? damnit :P

ya ya..dave reactivated our accounts...and i have to roll boomkin as 2nd spec..got any ideas? LOL

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

ya ya..dave reactivated our accounts...and i have to roll boomkin as 2nd spec..got any ideas? LOL

One of many reasons why I never went to the Alliance side to begin with...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

Boomkins rock, especially for an affliction warlock. If you're rolling with a demonology lock in your raid, depending on his gear, you'll be nearing 45% crit with well over 4k spellpower when demonic pact procs. I have one right now, about to go to northrend with it. I used to make fun of them in BC. Their spellpower was low, and their damage wasn't that special in BC and vanilla. Now, I have yet to be beaten in DPS. Boomkins are in really high demand on my realm. So much so that some of the higher progression guilds will basically reserve all the caster gear and trophies to turn t10 gear from 251 to 264 level for that boomkin. Not only is the 5% crit massive, but so is the debuff. I always make sure to thank my crit chickens and demonology locks with flasks and potions :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.