ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Aweeee... you guys are making me miss world of warcraft.... -crys-

We moved on to aion to play for awhile and the husband has now taken to aion for good or till he decided that he cannot stand it anymore.

Wow got very intense and too much drama for us so we took a step or 5 steps back from it and put it down. some people make it entirely their life and take it far too seriously. I believe the game is suppose to be about fun.....(and of course kicking butt)

Maybe one day we will decide to come back and join the rest of the VJer/wow players :P

I do miss wow sometimes

All abut 2 of the people that I knew that went to play Aion have returned. There just isnt' enough content.

Yes the couple thing can be tricky. We also have a couple like that, she is a hunter too - and she was a pretty bad player really. She was always lowest in damage/dps, despite having some really great gear.

Then miraculously - literally overnight, her dps shot up. I can only assume that her Husband finally helped her out (or she let him as the case may be)

As for us, as a couple, I have sat out quite a few times, however the Hunter and her Husband are pretty much a package deal.

I've always felt the "package deal" was a bad idea. It generally implies that one person is really good, and one is bad. My wife and I are in the same guild, but she doesn't raid. She is really really good at playing a hunter, but she hates all the little things you need to do to be a raider. I try to only help my wife with things if she asks. She resents it when I try to offer unsolicited advice because I come off as a know it all. Mostly, I just tell her to go read elitist jerks lol. I really only know how to play 3 classes, Ret Pali, affliction lock, and shadow priest. LoL, it's no coincidence that those are 3 of the easiest to play. I think the absolute easiset to play is mage, you press two buttons.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so thanks to you guys j/k i went and check all my old guild forusm for the first time in a month. and omg drama llama came to town 3 times..just wow.

thank you for reminding me why i quit the game lulz. :P

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
ok so thanks to you guys j/k i went and check all my old guild forusm for the first time in a month. and omg drama llama came to town 3 times..just wow.

thank you for reminding me why i quit the game lulz. :P

Anyone know anything about feral druid tanking? Lost tank in my raidgroup and need to gear up a new tank. He's got rather shoddy gear atm, but that can be fixed. My question is, what trinkets should a feral druid be rocking to tank ICC? Is stacking Stamina a bad idea? Currently, he's got some dodge and other mitigation stat trinkets and mostly agility stat gear. Just looking for any pointers as to where I should run this guy (instance wise) to get him sorted out.

Timeline
Anyone know anything about feral druid tanking? Lost tank in my raidgroup and need to gear up a new tank. He's got rather shoddy gear atm, but that can be fixed. My question is, what trinkets should a feral druid be rocking to tank ICC? Is stacking Stamina a bad idea? Currently, he's got some dodge and other mitigation stat trinkets and mostly agility stat gear. Just looking for any pointers as to where I should run this guy (instance wise) to get him sorted out.

kittipaws fizzcrank is my 80 tauren druid tank and b4 i quit i tanked everything from bc to icc. is fun:) however i'm not a mana sponge..i tend to go for agi over stam. although dpending on the fights in icc i switch gear.

like big magic fight ya go stam..cuz avoidance does jack. more melee use your agi gear.

bascially its stupid easy. mangle maul swipe rinse and repeat. i macro maul to every atk and have it glyphed. and i never lose agro. i get so bored i jump around and stuff though lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
kittipaws fizzcrank is my 80 tauren druid tank and b4 i quit i tanked everything from bc to icc. is fun:) however i'm not a mana sponge..i tend to go for agi over stam. although dpending on the fights in icc i switch gear.

like big magic fight ya go stam..cuz avoidance does jack. more melee use your agi gear.

bascially its stupid easy. mangle maul swipe rinse and repeat. i macro maul to every atk and have it glyphed. and i never lose agro. i get so bored i jump around and stuff though lol.

Wow, that does seem easy, I guess i'll have to take a look at this guys's trinkets to figure out where to farm him some new stuff.

Timeline

Oh god, this is gonna be bad. I just found out that I get a discount on Alienware computers because of where I work. That combined with my tax refund check being deposited in my bank account this morning = BAD :lol:

All abut 2 of the people that I knew that went to play Aion have returned. There just isnt' enough content.

I've always felt the "package deal" was a bad idea. It generally implies that one person is really good, and one is bad. My wife and I are in the same guild, but she doesn't raid. She is really really good at playing a hunter, but she hates all the little things you need to do to be a raider. I try to only help my wife with things if she asks. She resents it when I try to offer unsolicited advice because I come off as a know it all. Mostly, I just tell her to go read elitist jerks lol. I really only know how to play 3 classes, Ret Pali, affliction lock, and shadow priest. LoL, it's no coincidence that those are 3 of the easiest to play. I think the absolute easiset to play is mage, you press two buttons.

I've heard the same thing about Aion; it's really awesome until you hit end-game, and then there's almost nothing to do and you can get your BiS items within a week or two. I've never actually played it.

Actually, when I started playing WoW, it was because my ex introduced me to it and when we joined the guild I would later meet Andy in, I worked super hard to actually l2raid because I didn't want to be "that-hunter-that-sucks-but-we-bring-her-so-we-can-have-her-boyfriend-main-tank" - and to be honest, I SUCKED when I started raiding. I had played for years but always casually and didn't set foot in so much as a heroic before WotLK.

But I've significantly improved and I ended up digging raiding more than my ex did. :P Overall though, I'm a little hesitant on package deals, even when it's friends as opposed to couples. In our guilds we've had a lot of issues where it's been tough to deal with people because if we get rid of person X, we also lose persons A, B and C, but we would try to address those people we wanted to keep who knew a lot about the game to help their friends and typically it worked all right - most of the not-so-great players that were there because they were someone else's friend ended up not playing anymore after a few weeks anyway.

I MIIIIISSS raiding so much; we haven't raided since mid-November, just before we disbanded our old guild and decided to xfer. We just haven't had the time to app to any guilds yet; it's been so busy with the holidays and our visits and now I work a lot of nights and so it's been tough to find time to get back into it - I haven't set foot into ICC yet even though I've watched the fights a zillion times and it makes me a sad panda. Our server pugs a lot but most pug leaders want you to have those ridiculous high scores for certain content and I'd rather spend the time I do have to play doing something fun, not arguing with some leader over why I should go to a raid even if I don't have a 5900 GS.

/shrug

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline
I've heard the same thing about Aion; it's really awesome until you hit end-game, and then there's almost nothing to do and you can get your BiS items within a week or two. I've never actually played it.

Actually, when I started playing WoW, it was because my ex introduced me to it and when we joined the guild I would later meet Andy in, I worked super hard to actually l2raid because I didn't want to be "that-hunter-that-sucks-but-we-bring-her-so-we-can-have-her-boyfriend-main-tank" - and to be honest, I SUCKED when I started raiding. I had played for years but always casually and didn't set foot in so much as a heroic before WotLK.

But I've significantly improved and I ended up digging raiding more than my ex did. :P Overall though, I'm a little hesitant on package deals, even when it's friends as opposed to couples. In our guilds we've had a lot of issues where it's been tough to deal with people because if we get rid of person X, we also lose persons A, B and C, but we would try to address those people we wanted to keep who knew a lot about the game to help their friends and typically it worked all right - most of the not-so-great players that were there because they were someone else's friend ended up not playing anymore after a few weeks anyway.

I MIIIIISSS raiding so much; we haven't raided since mid-November, just before we disbanded our old guild and decided to xfer. We just haven't had the time to app to any guilds yet; it's been so busy with the holidays and our visits and now I work a lot of nights and so it's been tough to find time to get back into it - I haven't set foot into ICC yet even though I've watched the fights a zillion times and it makes me a sad panda. Our server pugs a lot but most pug leaders want you to have those ridiculous high scores for certain content and I'd rather spend the time I do have to play doing something fun, not arguing with some leader over why I should go to a raid even if I don't have a 5900 GS.

/shrug

I miss raiding too. The guild i'm in now has about half a dozen min-max players. There are about a dozen ok players who aren't baddies, but could do better. They focus mostly on 10 man content, but they are more of a friendly guild than end-game. They have a first and second team which isn't based on raid makeup or performance, but on a group of friends who started the guild in vanilla wow. I don't have a problem with that, except for the fact that a hunter and his wife just join the guild and get into that group immediately. The hunter is good, but his wife is kind of a baddie. She has a full 264 gear set, yet can only manage about 7K DPS in 25 man content. The part that gets me is that i've sort of taken it upon myself to help out the 2nd group. The MT is a friend from my previous guild, so we have experience with min-maxing and raiding. The problem is putting together a full 10 man of good players. We have 2 people that are just dragging ####, and I don't want to be the asshat who tells someone who has been in the guild from vanilla wow that he we are gonna skip him and add an elemental shamen. :lol: I guess someone has to. The guy has bad gear, but he really doesn't do good DPS, and doen't play his class well. He almsot wiped us on the 2nd boss because he forgot how to interrupt. Oh well. Life goes on.

:D

i'll take it :P i maen..if you dont want it lol. my lappy is 3 years old..and starting to die..i could def use a new one <grin>

I'm playing on a 4 year old computer.... I get a 3-5 FPS in 25 man ICC at best. :lol:

I am currently trying to figure out how I can pull this off. I <3 Alienware

Timeline

Ohhhh yeah, as soon as all my payments for bills etc. go through tomorrow, i'm going to order my new Alienware comp. :D

The only bad thing about Alienware is that they are backlogged, and that they are so personalized that it takes a month to make them. Oh well, It will be worth it.

Ohhhh yeah, as soon as all my payments for bills etc. go through tomorrow, i'm going to order my new Alienware comp. :D

The only bad thing about Alienware is that they are backlogged, and that they are so personalized that it takes a month to make them. Oh well, It will be worth it.

Oh, definitely, especially if you can get it discounted. That's really awesome!

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline
Oh, definitely, especially if you can get it discounted. That's really awesome!

Well turns out that I wasn't eligible for the discount. I had called them this morning to find out what sort of documentation I needed to provide to prove where I worked etc, thinking that this was one of those blanket discounts they give to everyone. It's a government employee discount, so I thought it was for all government employees. Turns out that it is a program that your employer has to sign up for. So the guy on the phone gives me the price over the phone and tell him that it's a bit more than I was planning on spending and that I'll need to talk it over with my wife. Immediately, after I said the "W" word, he says "ohh, let me go talk to my manager to see what we can do". He comes back with all sorts of discounts and they waive the shipping costs to get it almost what the discount I was enquiring about was. I guess they were scared to lose a sale because my wife wouldn't let me. Truth be told, she would have just told me to go ahead and buy it. :rofl:

I'm kind of excited to get my new comp, but it's probably going to take 3-4 weeks to get it. Oh well.

Timeline

ok i admit it..after a month of no wow....i've been reading up on cata more and more..and the worgens..and well.. lol i can feel the tug of it callign me back..but i'm trying very hard to restrain myself :P EQ2 is fun and all..and the graphics are way better than eq1..but..its frustrating how there is not info anywhere like there is for wow. you got wowhead, mmo and all those sites..tons of guides etc..but for eq..it's not there.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
ok i admit it..after a month of no wow....i've been reading up on cata more and more..and the worgens..and well.. lol i can feel the tug of it callign me back..but i'm trying very hard to restrain myself :P EQ2 is fun and all..and the graphics are way better than eq1..but..its frustrating how there is not info anywhere like there is for wow. you got wowhead, mmo and all those sites..tons of guides etc..but for eq..it's not there.

EQ 2? Seriously? Come on now Kim, friends don't let friends play EQ2 :lol:

I'm excited about cataclysm, I've saved a slot for a worgen, and a goblin. I'm mostly excited about the class mechanics that they are changing, like the whole mastery concept, and they are redoing the whole racial bonus'. They have to redo some of the bonus' with the new class and race options. A gnome holy/disc priest with 5% increased intellect is way OP. I'm really excited about the new maps and flying in azeroth. I'm hoping for November release, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is 4-6 months later than that.

Timeline

:blush: well we cancelled wow cuz we were physically together in february and were not playign it lol..as for the eq..well it was 2 months free..lulz. but ya..the wow itch is starting to really bug me lately :P

amg..i keep reading blue posts about mastery and stuff..and omg...gimme beta now plzkthzbai! i did beta test for wratth..was so nice and fun..

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.