ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well not all of us are kim! Then again a lot of the people in our guild know each other outside the game, so maybe that has some effect, not sure. Plus we are very careful who we invite, no one acts like a jerk for long - because we remove them from the guild if they do (we have had a couple).

Ok this is really weird. We have a couple in our guild, her name is Kim, his name is Dave and he has character ADD - in fact it sounded like you were describing them :lol:

There was one thing that happened a couple of weeks ago that I might have predicted - but didn't. This guy who we have been in 2 guilds with over a couple of years just disappears. All this characters gone, from our guild and from the server :huh:

So I email him and say, wow, I thought you would at least have said something.

He writes back that he did email me and my Husband (we never received any email), that he has decided to quit the game completely as he has other stuff to do and he needs to just stop playing. Now, that's fine, but the weird thing is, he left without giving anyone his stuff or gold or anything - not like him at all. Basically no one believes him, which is kind of sad.

Ya i know not everyone is like that..unfortuneately you do see it alot. Finding the right guild is soemthing that takes time. There will always be one persont hat you hate or whatnot but that is what /ignore is for. :lol:

o.O i'd like to say that was us lol but it's probably not :P

i quit..but i didn't give anyting to anyone. shrug i was broke anyway after paying for david's epic mount!! man he owes me so much in game money i'm going to have to make him work it off in real life. :rofl:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
so by bye Kael and drama and i finally went back home to my old guild who had moved to a new realm also. this is where i currently am on Fizzcrank.

once you start server hopping etc..it becomes easier. course now i realize these are all ppl i dont know so i dont get attached as much as i used to. i learned the hard way that ppl are one way in game and another in Rl...alot of them use the anonymity to act like jerks and be very outspoken..and of coure they know it bugs me so they do it on purpose and i bite the bait every time. lol.

LoL, about a year ago, my wife and I were just messing around and randomly picked fizzcrank. We had several toons on there. I got a mage up to 60, but transferred it back to our main realm (Blackhand). We've been testing new realms, mostly lower population realms. It was funny lvling in the barrens and realized, "holy #######, there's not chat trolls or chuck norris jokes in barrens chat", and then getting to orgrimmar and watching trade chat, mostly everyone was actually chatting and not trolling or doing those stupid ####### [insert skill link] jokes. Baelgun seemed like a pretty cool realm.

So I left my guild on friday night, and joined one that I have some friends on from previous guilds. They are pretty good on 10 mans, but nowhere near where my old guild was. That is fine though, I'm only raiding 2-3 nights a week and can actually pug raids on my alts. In my old guild, I would get home from work around 6:30, and raid started at 7:00 and go to about 1:00 a.m., 4-7 nights a week. TBH, being a hardcore raider and having a job made me broke.

Since Andy and Kayla mentioned the gearscore addon and how flawed it was, I have been paying attention to peoples reliance on it a lot more. Yesterday for example, I did a 25 man VoA with a guild who insisted on 5300+ gearscore ratings to get in. I was on my shadow priest whose rating is just under 5K, but I can throw some gear on that I don't use to raise it up to about 5.1K. They let me in, and I blew most people away and did 8.5K DPS. I just couldn't leave without telling them how I manipulated the addon to make it look like my gearscore was higher and pointed out that I came in 2nd in DPS while having the lowest gearscore (4950) of anyone in the group.

I did a 10 man ICC with my new guild last night. After festergut, they were going on and on about how great teh transitions were etc. Then one of the guys in the raid dropped group and logged off. I was wondering ####### happened. He was editing video to post it on youtube. I really don't want them to do it because i've seen the comments on the videos that people post. I at least hope he was using the big fonts on recount :innocent:

Timeline

the minute gearscore became part of wow i think thats when my issue with the game started. just like you pointed out it's about the player not the gear. and seeing ppl say 5k plus gear score blah blah..is retarded. like my buddy who plays a fury warrior..he is always no 1 on dps..his gear score? like 4k...ppl dont get it. it's not about gear..it's about yoru reactions timing rotations and knowing ####### your doing. /end rant.

like i knew i was a better tank but they wouldn't even give me the time of day cuz i was in 232 and 245 toc gear and didn't have 60k hp....bah wasn't worth my time anymore lol..and to be honest..OMG i'm soo stress free for the most part :P

a wow break was definately in order for me. glad i did it.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
the minute gearscore became part of wow i think thats when my issue with the game started. just like you pointed out it's about the player not the gear. and seeing ppl say 5k plus gear score blah blah..is retarded. like my buddy who plays a fury warrior..he is always no 1 on dps..his gear score? like 4k...ppl dont get it. it's not about gear..it's about yoru reactions timing rotations and knowing ####### your doing. /end rant.

like i knew i was a better tank but they wouldn't even give me the time of day cuz i was in 232 and 245 toc gear and didn't have 60k hp....bah wasn't worth my time anymore lol..and to be honest..OMG i'm soo stress free for the most part :P

a wow break was definately in order for me. glad i did it.

I didn't take a break, but I definitely needed a step back. I'll admit that it was a little frustrating last night raiding with my new guild. They seem very static in their strategies and have really only read up on one and are sticking to it. But it was fun, and there was no stress. My old guild, we would read up on all the posted strategies of the top guilds in the world. We even had a french player go to a EU guild and translate their strategy for us. But that all turned into a job, and one that I found myself taking all too seriously. I was thinking about it on my way back from lunch today. Normally, I'll spend bits of the day thinking about raid strategies etc, when it dawned on me today. I can do whatever I want tonight. It's quite a relief to not be raiding 5-6 hours a night, 5-6 days a week.

Gearscore could be a useful tool, if it were designed properly. I look at the armory and wow-heroes a lot more now. I like how the armory now shows your achievements and how many times you've downed a boss. I hate leading raids, but sometimes it's worth taking a shot on someone, who knows, you might find an incredibly tank who is just undergeared. Gear is easy to fix, skill and talent are very very hard to find. For the most part, If someone is in 232+ gear, they are capable of doing ANY content in the game, it just depends on the person. A guy on my realm showed up to a pug for ToC 25 with close to 6K gearscore. He knew two of the healers and a few others from his guild there on alts, so they knew about his plan. As soon as they started the event, he switched his equipment into a Tier 3 vanilla wow tanking set. He had about 24K HP, and nobody even noticed until Anub when one of the DPS made a comment that he had more HP than the main tank. People who rely on gearscore to decide on raid spots are just lazy.

Timeline

This last weekend, for some reason, I really wanted to lvl my druid. My druid has always been my banker toon and has really only lvled in instances to get gear for 19, 29, 39 twink brackets. I was a terror feral druid in BG's. Since the dungeon finder came out, I could lvl in instances quite easily, and just hang out in Ironforge and troll chat in between instances :lol: Being a boomkin is soo easy and fun. I still don't really know the proper rotation :lol: Last night, I was about half way to 50 (tree form WOOOOOOT!!!), and was just too lazy to go do quests, so I thought I'd queue up for a battleground for that last half level. I got into the most miserable warsong gulch group ever. There were 3 mages from Dethecus realm who were just complete knobs. They were trolling battleground chat. I finally got tired of them and called them out. They were a combined 1 kill and 38 losses halfway through the fight and calling everyone n00bs. I was 5 - 8, as resto spec, #######. It got ugly, and I just wanted it to end. So I get out and queue up for an instance and immediately get Mauradron. Not my favorite, but it's quick XP. I realized that one of the mages from that nightmare BG was in my group. But, he was not talking ####### or anything, so I kept going. We get to the first pull, and the tank isn't pulling fast enough for him, so he goes and aggros the mobs. The tank and I let him die, and then clear the mobs. He gets all pissy at that point. I ressed him and we move on. So we get to a point, and he uses his shield(s) and starts aggroing mobs and then blinking. He gets all the way to the last boss, aggros and st arts running back to us. He tried to ice block to send all the mobs to us, but no luck. He dies, and then then the mobs come to us. We actually survived. Druid healers are OP. The best part was that the staff of jordan (epic world drop) dropped off a trash mob and the mage tries to say that he's the only one who can need on it. LoL a hunter got the staff, and then just to piss off the douchebag mage, he equips it right in front of him, and then disenchants it :lol: He was sooooooooo mad. I just had to fill out a ticket about his language. He hurled some racial epithets in there. I hope he likes his suspension. :lol: I had to write that mages name down to remember him for future reference.

Since Andy and Kayla mentioned the gearscore addon and how flawed it was, I have been paying attention to peoples reliance on it a lot more. Yesterday for example, I did a 25 man VoA with a guild who insisted on 5300+ gearscore ratings to get in. I was on my shadow priest whose rating is just under 5K, but I can throw some gear on that I don't use to raise it up to about 5.1K. They let me in, and I blew most people away and did 8.5K DPS. I just couldn't leave without telling them how I manipulated the addon to make it look like my gearscore was higher and pointed out that I came in 2nd in DPS while having the lowest gearscore (4950) of anyone in the group.

I did a 10 man ICC with my new guild last night. After festergut, they were going on and on about how great teh transitions were etc. Then one of the guys in the raid dropped group and logged off. I was wondering ####### happened. He was editing video to post it on youtube. I really don't want them to do it because i've seen the comments on the videos that people post. I at least hope he was using the big fonts on recount :innocent:

Nice!

And we saw a new low on our server last week. LFM 10 ONY, 5800+ GS plus ACHIEVE.

I mean, really? 5800 for 10 Ony? What is wrong with you people? Gearscore frustrates me, because like you guys have both said it is about so much more than that. I realize it's a quick way for people building pugs to guess where you are, but it should not and I don't think was ever intended to be the be-all and end-all when it comes to raid spots. Not for a second.

I'll definitely have to read through that article though. Thanks!

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline
Nice!

And we saw a new low on our server last week. LFM 10 ONY, 5800+ GS plus ACHIEVE.

I mean, really? 5800 for 10 Ony? What is wrong with you people? Gearscore frustrates me, because like you guys have both said it is about so much more than that. I realize it's a quick way for people building pugs to guess where you are, but it should not and I don't think was ever intended to be the be-all and end-all when it comes to raid spots. Not for a second.

I'll definitely have to read through that article though. Thanks!

LoL, it's not an article, it's just a comic :blush:

Well, I found out one of the pitfalls older guilds (not age). I knew most of the people for years and had pugged with them and had alts in the guild. They are all friends and that is what determines raid groups, not performance, ugh. So i'm stuck in a 2nd group. I thought I didn't really care about content, but as it turns out, I really do. :blush: So, I guess it's back to my testing out new realms.

Well, I found out one of the pitfalls older guilds (not age). I knew most of the people for years and had pugged with them and had alts in the guild. They are all friends and that is what determines raid groups, not performance, ugh. So i'm stuck in a 2nd group. I thought I didn't really care about content, but as it turns out, I really do. :blush: So, I guess it's back to my testing out new realms.

LOL but it's a funny one - I giggled. Ctrl + Alt + Del comics are awesome sometimes.

And that sucks, sorry to hear. I hate missing content and when we originally walked into our old guild that's what the situation was too.

LOL but it's a funny one - I giggled. Ctrl + Alt + Del comics are awesome sometimes.

And that sucks, sorry to hear. I hate missing content and when we originally walked into our old guild that's what the situation was too.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

haha been there done that :P and once ig ot into a guild to see new content i was like great! but now..man icc is BORING lulz. i have more fun doing bg's..go figure

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
haha been there done that :P and once ig ot into a guild to see new content i was like great! but now..man icc is BORING lulz. i have more fun doing bg's..go figure

I actually really like ICC. I like the dreamweaver fight, but it's really hectic and you need an optimal group makeup to pull it off. But sadly, my new guild can only pull it off in 10 man. I really am starting to think it's impossible to escape guild drama.

I have turned into my wifes meatshield / badge farming monkey. Our plan is to farm badges to get each and every bind on account piece, put it on a toon and transfer to this realm that we have been scouting, and play there a bit. I think she figured out it was going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 badges. With a heroic lasting 15-20 mins, resulting in 5-7 badges and an average of 12-15 minute queue for DPS, that would take weeks to get. Not with your own personal meat shield though. I think we got like 120 on saturday and about 80 on sunday.

I also lvled my druid from 45-55 this weekend just doing instances. I love healing, but now i've entered the dreaded level bracket of DK tanks. I hate DK tanks, especially at that level. I look at it like this. Most people, it takes quite a while to figure out the mechanics of a new class. DK's however don't get that, they are thrust into outlands essentially with little to no experience with their skills and talents. Most don't figure out what they are even doing until they get to northrend (some never do). I just love seeing the DPS DK's throw down death and decay as soon as a fight begins, before a pali tank throws down consecrate or avenging shield, or a warrior gets thunderclap off. I was really dreading having to heal them on my druid (balance/resto spec), but I figure that as a healer, I have a lot more control over the situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we had some drama in our guild this week - which is pretty unusual.

This couple have been in the guild for several months. They are both annoying in their own right but he is really pretty nice in general. He has problems though and is very insecure. He also has 5 level 80 characters and is always looking for a random.

So they decided they were being ignored, because we ran VOA without them and because everyone doesn't jump in a group with him when he wants to run one of 50 randoms a day...fine.

Over the weekend she posted recount in guild chat, one of the other women said something to her, she bit back, the other said something else and poof! The couple were all upset. They wanted some action to be taken against the woman who made the original comment, they wanted someone to stick up for them (this baffled me).

My Husband is the GM, so guy who was upset kept asking (over the next 24 hours) - is anything going to be done about so-and-so being rude?? I don't like the way she talked to my wife! He even wsped me with the same question.

Well first of all, the woman who made the original comment hadn't been on in that 24 hours and secondly my Husband worked a 12 hour shift the next day. But aside from all that - what did they want him to do? Spank her?

So they made a dramatic exit from the guild the next evening - with him posting that they felt they were being ignored blah blah blah and off they went. Oh well, honestly although the guy was nice, he was high maintenance due to his emotional issues and - well I wish them well in their new guild.

Oh and he also emailed at least one other member and explained whyyyy they left and blah blah blah, i'm sure they emailed many others - if you are going to leave, just leave, you posted your rant in guild chat.

geez.

Timeline

In the new guild i'm in, there is a couple causing drama. The husband is a really really good hunter, his wife is pretty good. The problem is that they are like a package deal. So some people don't get in the first raid group because he has to drag her along. He tried to blame it on her gear last week. Ummm she has a 5790 gear score, which is really really high. Now I hear that he wants the GM to "save" a trinket in 25 man ICC for her so she can do better DPS. It's just a rumor, but If I find out that they are reserving it for her, I'm out. I really hate it when people get melodramatic, or cause drama because they think they are entitled to this or that.

It's a game, and I think a lot of people loose sight of that. Thats funny that they think they are being ignored. What did they really expect? This isn't high school.

Timeline
In the new guild i'm in, there is a couple causing drama. The husband is a really really good hunter, his wife is pretty good. The problem is that they are like a package deal. So some people don't get in the first raid group because he has to drag her along. He tried to blame it on her gear last week. Ummm she has a 5790 gear score, which is really really high. Now I hear that he wants the GM to "save" a trinket in 25 man ICC for her so she can do better DPS. It's just a rumor, but If I find out that they are reserving it for her, I'm out. I really hate it when people get melodramatic, or cause drama because they think they are entitled to this or that.

It's a game, and I think a lot of people loose sight of that. Thats funny that they think they are being ignored. What did they really expect? This isn't high school.

Yes the couple thing can be tricky. We also have a couple like that, she is a hunter too - and she was a pretty bad player really. She was always lowest in damage/dps, despite having some really great gear.

Then miraculously - literally overnight, her dps shot up. I can only assume that her Husband finally helped her out (or she let him as the case may be)

As for us, as a couple, I have sat out quite a few times, however the Hunter and her Husband are pretty much a package deal.

Timeline

Aweeee... you guys are making me miss world of warcraft.... -crys-

We moved on to aion to play for awhile and the husband has now taken to aion for good or till he decided that he cannot stand it anymore.

Wow got very intense and too much drama for us so we took a step or 5 steps back from it and put it down. some people make it entirely their life and take it far too seriously. I believe the game is suppose to be about fun.....(and of course kicking butt)

Maybe one day we will decide to come back and join the rest of the VJer/wow players :P

I do miss wow sometimes

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.