ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
DKP = Dragon Kill Points.

You earn them after you kill a boss. You use them to bid on loot.

Ahhh. Yes, we just do it on a roll/need system. We have decided not to use any other 'systems' - too unfriendly.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ahhh. Yes, we just do it on a roll/need system. We have decided not to use any other 'systems' - too unfriendly.

We initially went with a DKP system because the need/greed system gives people who only show up once in a while the same chance at loot that the more hardcore people who raid every scheduled night, and that's not really fair. But now we are on a loot council system, which I am not really in favor of, but i'm going to wait and see how things go.

Timeline
We initially went with a DKP system because the need/greed system gives people who only show up once in a while the same chance at loot that the more hardcore people who raid every scheduled night, and that's not really fair. But now we are on a loot council system, which I am not really in favor of, but i'm going to wait and see how things go.

Yes I agree absolutely that it's not fair sometimes - I have felt that way. In particular when I was waiting and waiting to get the tier shoulders from Naxx. This particular warlock, that sauntered in and out every few weeks, joined the raid and took them. bah - I was ticked (said warlock quit our guild this week in fact, moved to a different server).

But anyway, we discussed this as well and decided it wasn't really a huge problem for us in general - we have a pretty steady group of raiders right now - however I can see, as the guild grows that we might have to review that at some point. However I think anything we come up with will be less formal than a DKP system.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Loot always ends up causing problems with people. We've had a few people log out with sudden internet connection problems in the middle of a raid minutes after they lost out on a certain item.

Timeline
Loot always ends up causing problems with people. We've had a few people log out with sudden internet connection problems in the middle of a raid minutes after they lost out on a certain item.

:o

Sounds more like something you would expect on a pug run than a guild run!

Timeline

So, last night I was playing and one of our guild members decides to get a raid/run together, so against my better judgement, I join this raid. The person running it is particularly annoying to me - but I figure it will make it interesting - not.

We do 10 TOC, this run was more annoying than any pug I have ever run, this woman never-shut-up. She talked for like 3 hours. Yes, it took us about 3 hours - did I mention she never shut up?

As an example - we get to the last boss, there are all those little adds. This was the worst part. When only the adds were up, she said (non-stop) "All DPS on Adds" "got to get the adds down quick" "Melee stay away from the adds" "All DPS on Adds".

I don't talk on vent, but I did stop to type in - 'we are trying'.

Honestly, if you were a new member in our guild and you came across this raid, you would be quitting the guild the same night.

What made it even worse - I won a wand (good thing) - then a dagger came up that I could use - I rolled (forgetting I had already won the wand). She gives it to me - I say oops, I forgot I already won something, I will give this to so and so - well so and so wasn't the second highest roll - but I was so annoyed I didn't even notice. Long story short - second highest roll decided to give it to so and so, but I felt bad because I screwed that up.

I will never run with her again, not even in a 5 person group and only in a raid where someone else is running it.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
So, last night I was playing and one of our guild members decides to get a raid/run together, so against my better judgement, I join this raid. The person running it is particularly annoying to me - but I figure it will make it interesting - not.

We do 10 TOC, this run was more annoying than any pug I have ever run, this woman never-shut-up. She talked for like 3 hours. Yes, it took us about 3 hours - did I mention she never shut up?

As an example - we get to the last boss, there are all those little adds. This was the worst part. When only the adds were up, she said (non-stop) "All DPS on Adds" "got to get the adds down quick" "Melee stay away from the adds" "All DPS on Adds".

I don't talk on vent, but I did stop to type in - 'we are trying'.

Honestly, if you were a new member in our guild and you came across this raid, you would be quitting the guild the same night.

What made it even worse - I won a wand (good thing) - then a dagger came up that I could use - I rolled (forgetting I had already won the wand). She gives it to me - I say oops, I forgot I already won something, I will give this to so and so - well so and so wasn't the second highest roll - but I was so annoyed I didn't even notice. Long story short - second highest roll decided to give it to so and so, but I felt bad because I screwed that up.

I will never run with her again, not even in a 5 person group and only in a raid where someone else is running it.

I've had several of those runs with irritating raid leaders. The worst ones are the ones who don't even know the proper strategy. Whenever I get an annoying raid leader, I make sure I get a funny wow video up on youtube and queue it up to the point I want and just spam that in vent when the person is being stupid.

Timeline

Our guild usually after doing 25 man ICC we will break down into 10 man groups to run as many people as possible. Well there is this huntard that was really being annoying. They were on putricide because they had started their 10 man group on tuesday, and my group was still forming. He was being a bit douchy, so I started shouting in trade chat "LF 7 DPS for ICC 25 PST (Hunter)". He has the add on WIM which turns whsipers into IM message boxes, so he gets like 30 whispers in the middle of a boss fight and dies. :lol:

Timeline

Sabotage!

I have found, since the new patch, that mostly I am just running my mage alt. I was bored before the patch, running an alt, then they released it, I had a few hours of fun and now i'm back to being bored. I have pondered getting in to raid pugs, but I get the feeling that might not be all that much .... fun.

I have 3 level 80's now and my mage is level 70, soon I will have a group of 80s and nothing to do :lol:

Timeline
Sabotage!

I have found, since the new patch, that mostly I am just running my mage alt. I was bored before the patch, running an alt, then they released it, I had a few hours of fun and now i'm back to being bored. I have pondered getting in to raid pugs, but I get the feeling that might not be all that much .... fun.

I have 3 level 80's now and my mage is level 70, soon I will have a group of 80s and nothing to do :lol:

I have 3 80's and 3 70's and I just run instances when I get bored. I raid tuesday through thursday, then sometimes i'll pick up a raid on the weekend on an alt. I donno, I like to raid. I started lvling a toon on the horde side now, well, two. It keeps things interesting. I have all but given up on doing quests tho. I have been instance lvling since lvl 48 with my mage (now 60). It's more fun and if you get a good group, you can actually get incredible XP.

Timeline
I found this on wow.com and it made me laugh - it also made me think of all those people that met on wow - thought you would find it funny too :)

XteS9TnOTTk

D'oh, youtube is blocked. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

So the raiding guild I joined 8 months ago decided that they wanted to become a more hardcore raiding guild. They were always a raiding guild, but not one that purely focused on being one of the top progression guilds in the world. Now it seems like a job, and not a fun one. I really like to raid and having to sit out some fights because they want the optimal make-up, or because my DPS is a little low sucks. Now my problem is, that it is my turn to get the caster weapon out of ICC this week (i think). It's the best caster weap in the game. I know i'm going to leave the guild, so am I an asshat for sticking around to get the weap, knowing full well that I intend to leave?

We met on WoW early last year, :P

Me, as Voyeurist (it's an inside joke) a level 80 hunter on Jaedenar and him as Madmagician, a level 80 shaman, on the same server. We met in a guild merger between our original guilds, who were both progression guilds but both lacked the numbers for 25s.

We got to know each other casually with everyone else and the guild actually went pretty well for awhile - we had a lot of talent, but the problems came with the GM having bad priorities and a mixture of casual raiders and more hardcore raiders not seeing eye to eye on things like loot, schedule, content and how much effort they were willing to put in. After a lot of turbulence and misunderstandings, Andy xferred off to another server and the rest of the guild slowly started to break down even more. We were barely getting to know each other but I knew he was smart, knew how we could fix some problems, knew a lot of people wanted him to come back and I generally enjoyed his company in raids so I chased him down on our guild website, messaged him a long-winded plea to come back and start a new guild with our like-minded raiders and leave the BS behind. He was hesitant but myself and some others I had gotten in on trying to get him to come back noticed him hanging out on bank alts on our server so we knew he missed us. :P

Long story short, he did come back, started a new guild and we actually were quite successful, given that we were having TERRIBLE luck getting things stabilized (just as we were getting our 25s group stabilized, we got hit with the ToC patch, which threw things off a bit, then once we got back there again we got hit with Ony, which while it isn't huge still was a patch day and still meant a lot of people were in 'zomgletzdoitnao' mode, and then we hit the end of summer/beginning of fall when the player-base shifts a bit with people returning to school/work, etc) and towards the beginning of fall, after running the guild together and getting to know each other even more we began talking on the phone and the idea of having a relationship became possible in our minds (we admitted to having mutual crushes for a little while but I think it's safe to say neither of us ever expected to be here today, :)) and so we decided to meet for the first time in October.

Needless to say, things are going wonderfully. :) The long-winded, potentially-creepy message I sent him when he left was probably the best decision I ever made.

The guild ended up dwindling due to things like guild hoppers, people who feel entitled to every piece of loot that drops, lack of showing up at raid time along with the server-wide issue of too many people trying to run guilds with too small of a population - and it sucked more because 90% of those guilds were run by people who thought it was the easy road to free lootz (which, btw, it's not. With him as the GM and myself as a senior officer, we Loot Council'd way more loot to our regular raiders than to ourselves) In November, progression hit a standstill because of the aforementioned problems (which is mega frustrating, especially when the people you do have are brimming with talent and it isn't enough) and we decided to end things quickly and on good terms. In looking at other potential servers to xfer to, we quickly learned that our guild would have been more successful on just about any other server, as most of the websites for guilds were nearly identical to ours in terms of schedule, loot system and policies, where some of the rampant problems on Jaedenar were less-so.

We ended up on Cho'Gall, as Voye and Drmadmag now but we haven't been able to raid for over two months. :( It's just been too busy of a time with the visits and the holiday season and now with him getting ready to move and my evening job back home. We haven't even seen ICC, which disappoints us greatly because we're big nerds and we especially enjoy the lore.

We were sad to end our guild but if all we were meant to get out of it was each other then we're happy. :)

I do really, really miss our original guild though, before the drama got too big. There were some great people and great times.

Edited by Andy and Kayla

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.