ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Meet the world's top World of Warcraft player

That's an unofficial title, though I think it's pretty safe to say that "Little Gray" has played more Warcraft than you. A lot more.

Courtesy of Gamepro comes word of the Taiwanese player's absolutely insane Warcraft accomplishments. In addition to having nabbed every single one of the game's achievements (minus a brand new one that cropped up in the game's latest patch), he's the first player to complete all 986 tasks listed in the game's Armory. Considering that over 11.5 million people play the game worldwide, that's one heck of an honor.

And that's just the tip of this online gaming iceberg. Playing as a Tauren Druid, Little Gray has racked up some staggering numbers: he's completed nearly 6,000 quests at the rate of about 14.5 per day and killed nearly 500,000 enemies while dying only 8,543 times himself.

How? By doling out an awe-inspiring 7,255,538,878 points of damage...but before you label him some sort of mindless brute, know that he at least had the heart to heal 1,377,435,762 points of that back. Unsurprisingly, he's also a bit of a loner, having "waved" at other players only once.

If it's tough to put these massive numbers into a real-world context, consider this: a member of our Yahoo! Games team (who will remain unnamed) once logged an average of six hours a day playing the game over the course of a year -- and never came close to achieving so much with his character.

We could hazard a few guesses, though. At 14.5 quests per day, it would take about 414 days to reach Little Gray's 6,000 quest mark. Speaking conservatively, a veteran Warcarft player can pretty handily knock out three quests in an hour, which would mean about five hours a day for Little Gray.

But that's just for quests. You do a LOT more than that in Warcraft, such as going on raids, engaging in player vs. player combat, and tinkering with your abilities and gear. It wouldn't be even remotely surprising to find out that Little Gray has spent in upwards of ten hours a day playing the game.

link

Wow. That guy is more hardcore than I could ever hope to me, and I love achievements!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Timeline

Is that the guy who they showed on mmo-champion that has finished every single achievement?

Last I heard that the dreaded patch 3.3 is coming out on this coming dues (Dec. 8). I'm excited and dreading it. I am looking forward to the cross-realm LFG ability. That should make for a lot easier time finding raid pugs. But, I also know that its going to result in a lot more lvl 1's trolling in trade chat, and realm forum trolling. I'm really not looking forward to the changes that they've made on some of the classes. :blush:

Timeline

I"m considering taking either a full or half day off on Dec. 8th. That is when 3.3 is supposed to come out. Did anyone see that video on mmo-champion of that blogger who deleted his legendary healing hammer because he bet that the patch would come on Dec. 1st? :blink:

Timeline
Why would you ever take a day off on patch day?

Thats why it's looking like it's going to be a half day. I figure the server will be down for quite a while. I need to update a few mods, and read up on the strats for the new instance in Ice Crown.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Uhm... never, ever, ever take ANY time off on a patch day. Especially the bigger patches. The likelihood that the server is going to be down until 9pm EST is very high on big patch days.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I'm not really sure when the next season starts. I've got my full 232/245 pvp set ready to go. Sucks though cause I use both my specs for raiding. Gets expensive respeccing/re-glyphing twice a week :blush:

Timeline
I'm not really sure when the next season starts. I've got my full 232/245 pvp set ready to go. Sucks though cause I use both my specs for raiding. Gets expensive respeccing/re-glyphing twice a week :blush:

... Dual spec?

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

... Dual spec?

Yea I was gonna say that... I think dual spec is a one time cost of 1000g?

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline

... Dual spec?

yes, I'm dual spec, and used both for raiding specs, one demonology and one destruction. I have been re-specing evering weekend to PvP and then changing back monday for raids.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

... Dual spec?

yes, I'm dual spec, and used both for raiding specs, one demonology and one destruction. I have been re-specing evering weekend to PvP and then changing back monday for raids.

Yep I used at one point for my lock Afflic and Dest for raiding depending on the fight. Now I just use one until the patch comes out and then it'll be back to Afflic and a new Destro build to see which one is better.

My shadow priest has 2 as well, Raiding and PvP spec shadow...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Why does the patch have to come out with only days left on my sub...?!

They aren't making my attempt at quitting all that easy... :angry:

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
Why does the patch have to come out with only days left on my sub...?!

They aren't making my attempt at quitting all that easy... :angry:

LoL, wowcrack never does. But at least you'll have something to do for the months when you're waiting on your AoS approval. I think Mel has 5 or 6 lvl 80's now. :rofl:

Edit: She has 5, she deleted a lvl 79 with one bubble to hit 80 :hehe:

Edited by Rob and Mel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.