ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

EEK! Well, instead of coming home and finding my K-1 NOA1 (which I'm hoping will show up soon lol)... I came home to a box on my front porch! Inside said box lived Zerky -- my (self-named) talking murloc plushie that I ordered from Jinx!!!! So I've been driving my family bonkers by making him MRGLMRGL, haha.

I faction changed last week, and oh my gosh. I honestly thought I'd probably end up regretting it, but I am not. I am enjoying the new atmosphere and doing heroics and raiding. It's a nice change of pace from my old server! :D

What side did you change from and to?

Went from Horde to Alliance on my paladin. It was a nice fresh start, since I had just hit 80, and it's nice to actually be interested in my pally again. She was my first real "main", and I just kind of abandoned her close to the end of TBC when I got burnt out healing.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
EEK! Well, instead of coming home and finding my K-1 NOA1 (which I'm hoping will show up soon lol)... I came home to a box on my front porch! Inside said box lived Zerky -- my (self-named) talking murloc plushie that I ordered from Jinx!!!! So I've been driving my family bonkers by making him MRGLMRGL, haha.

I faction changed last week, and oh my gosh. I honestly thought I'd probably end up regretting it, but I am not. I am enjoying the new atmosphere and doing heroics and raiding. It's a nice change of pace from my old server! :D

Went from Horde to Alliance on my paladin. It was a nice fresh start, since I had just hit 80, and it's nice to actually be interested in my pally again. She was my first real "main", and I just kind of abandoned her close to the end of TBC when I got burnt out healing.

I love Retadins. I hit 80 with mine about a month ago, did about 5-6 Toc (5 man regular mode) farm runs and 4 lvl 200 epics. I have nothing of consequence and use a titansteel destroyer. I use trinkets that I got off quests in Howling Fjord:lol: and last weekend, I did a 10 man ulduar run. Ended up doing about 2.8k DPS with garbage gear. I tried healing and absolutely hated it. I hate that they get no AoE heals, and everything has a long cast time (without procs).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I love Retadins. I hit 80 with mine about a month ago, did about 5-6 Toc (5 man regular mode) farm runs and 4 lvl 200 epics. I have nothing of consequence and use a titansteel destroyer. I use trinkets that I got off quests in Howling Fjord:lol: and last weekend, I did a 10 man ulduar run. Ended up doing about 2.8k DPS with garbage gear. I tried healing and absolutely hated it. I hate that they get no AoE heals, and everything has a long cast time (without procs).

I like healing on my pally. Seeing 23k heals gives me the warm fuzzies.

~ Catherine

Timeline

~ Catherine

He he he yeah, good point. I saw a 40K+ crit Lay on Hands a week ago. We were using a druid main tank and when we saw his health dip below 2k started to the process to get ready for a wipe. We were amazed at the heal and pretty much started cheering the pali.... and wiped anyways :rofl:

Timeline

I got within 15 mins of playing last night. I replaced the network card, and started updating the OS, and all the hardware. After that, of course, I becan installing warcraft. I got through wow, BC, and wotlk and started patching. Got all the way to the 3.2 patch (1.94gb :o), and at the 70% point, Mel was complaining that I was stealing all the bandwidth. She wanted to check the plugs on the router to double check, and accidentally pulled the one from the modem to the router. Of course, my computer wouldn't immediately reconnect after it was reset. It was 11 p.m. at that point and I had neither the patience or the will power to investigate further. Hopefully tonight i'll get to play :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I got within 15 mins of playing last night. I replaced the network card, and started updating the OS, and all the hardware. After that, of course, I becan installing warcraft. I got through wow, BC, and wotlk and started patching. Got all the way to the 3.2 patch (1.94gb :o), and at the 70% point, Mel was complaining that I was stealing all the bandwidth. She wanted to check the plugs on the router to double check, and accidentally pulled the one from the modem to the router. Of course, my computer wouldn't immediately reconnect after it was reset. It was 11 p.m. at that point and I had neither the patience or the will power to investigate further. Hopefully tonight i'll get to play :lol:

:lol:

I actually healed two heroic instances yesterday, COS and Gundrak - I did quite well if I do say so myself. Few people ended up on the floor, but no matter :lol:

Timeline

I actually healed two heroic instances yesterday, COS and Gundrak - I did quite well if I do say so myself. Few people ended up on the floor, but no matter :lol:

I'm starting to wonder about my dual specs on my priest. I wanted to heal, but I really don't think I could heal more than a 10 man raid. It's just too chaotic. So I was thinking of having my shadow spec for raids and be discipline spec for arena and BG's. Only thing harder to kill than a Disc priest is a resto druid, but disc priests can actually fight back. :blink:

Timeline

I'm starting to wonder about my dual specs on my priest. I wanted to heal, but I really don't think I could heal more than a 10 man raid. It's just too chaotic. So I was thinking of having my shadow spec for raids and be discipline spec for arena and BG's. Only thing harder to kill than a Disc priest is a resto druid, but disc priests can actually fight back. :blink:

I would like to try the discipline spec, have never specced even one point in there so really don't know much about it. We had a healer that we picked up yesterday for VH and she must have had some points in there as she was casting something I have never seen before - good healer too.

I have a second priest at lvl 72, have considered levelling her as disc.

And I hear you on the chaotic thing, when you are dpsing (well when I am), you can look away, talk to someone etc etc, when you are healing you have to pay attention all the time - it's a lot of work!

Timeline

I would like to try the discipline spec, have never specced even one point in there so really don't know much about it. We had a healer that we picked up yesterday for VH and she must have had some points in there as she was casting something I have never seen before - good healer too.

I have a second priest at lvl 72, have considered levelling her as disc.

And I hear you on the chaotic thing, when you are dpsing (well when I am), you can look away, talk to someone etc etc, when you are healing you have to pay attention all the time - it's a lot of work!

On a 5 or 10 man, healing is a lot easier, mostly because I use Healbot. I just program my 5 main heals and sit there and watch a movie and click every once in a while. Discipline healers are really good healers. Their single target heals are comperable to a Holy. They get that 51 point talent that can be used as a heal on a friendly target, or as an instant cast attack on a mob. In our 25 mans, we have 1 holy, 2 Disc priests, 2 resto druids, and 1-2 resto shammy depending on the fight. I think though, for pure healing power, a holy priest is better.

Timeline

I lied, I do have a couple of pts in discipline.

Here is a live shot of Dal for those who can't play during the day - esp you rob since you haven't played for a while :lol:

sp.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
My 25 man raid just collapsed and I can't find another on the my server. It seems like they are all falling apart these days except for the ones that raid way too late for me.

Anybody have any good suggestions for a new server that has semi-casual (i.e. not more than three nights a week" raids on the Horde side? I'd prefer one in the eastern or central time zones.

~ Catherine

You can come over to Scilla with Bo and I :D We play with a group of RL friends, and some people we met years ago when we first started playing. We are just building up to 25 content again (player-wise), though we've both run 25 content often. our 1st 10 ToC group has it on farm and we're working on 10 heroic now. We were able to get 2/3 Northrend beasts down last night. Scilla itself is a fairly active server. There are successful pugs even lol.

That would be really cool except that I don't think that I can handle a PVP server again. For my first couple of years i played on Manoroth. I really didn't like never knowing if I was going to be able to finish what I was or get ganked for a half hour.

~ Catherine

Timeline
My 25 man raid just collapsed and I can't find another on the my server. It seems like they are all falling apart these days except for the ones that raid way too late for me.

Anybody have any good suggestions for a new server that has semi-casual (i.e. not more than three nights a week" raids on the Horde side? I'd prefer one in the eastern or central time zones.

~ Catherine

You can come over to Scilla with Bo and I :D We play with a group of RL friends, and some people we met years ago when we first started playing. We are just building up to 25 content again (player-wise), though we've both run 25 content often. our 1st 10 ToC group has it on farm and we're working on 10 heroic now. We were able to get 2/3 Northrend beasts down last night. Scilla itself is a fairly active server. There are successful pugs even lol.

That would be really cool except that I don't think that I can handle a PVP server again. For my first couple of years i played on Manoroth. I really didn't like never knowing if I was going to be able to finish what I was or get ganked for a half hour.

~ Catherine

LoL, thats exactly what I like about PvP realms. I came from one (Illidan), and then when I started playing again, Mel convinced me to play on a PvE realm (Blackhand). I've been trying for 2 years to get her to play on one. I guess i'll have to settle for hanging out in stealth in the STV arena when the chest spawns and ganking the twinks trying to get it :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

I have warm fuzzies just thinking about it too :) I haven't healed in a group since Wrath came out, I really need to get back into it though. It's a skill that needs some polishing ......I'm only at 76-ish with Udella. Just not motivated

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

~ Catherine

I have warm fuzzies just thinking about it too :) I haven't healed in a group since Wrath came out, I really need to get back into it though. It's a skill that needs some polishing ......I'm only at 76-ish with Udella. Just not motivated

Healing is definitely a skill.... one that I am NOT too adept at. I'm lvling my priest atm, dual spec shadow/holy. I just got to northrend this weekend, and was questing, while sitting in LFG for Nexus/UK. The first couple of times, I healed and it was pretty fun. Although, Keristraza (the dragon at the end of Nexus) was a bit challenging, especially with casters in teh group who refuse to move to avoid the debuff. But, after the first 2 times, I unclicked the healer box in LFG and just wanted to DPS. Of course, I get whispers to heal it and when I tell them no, I get "ohh ok" and no invite.

Any tips for a healer? Any useful add ons? I currently use Healbot, but it does not want to configure properly with my mouse buttons, so I only use mouse buttons 1-3 and shift + 1 - 3. I've downloaded Grid, but I've got raids this whole week and don't want to mess with my unit frames in heroic 25 man ToC/Uld.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.