ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I get that about pvp. My main spec is protection and I love it. Our guild is very small right now, we have another tank already (guild leaders friend irl) so I decided to dual with retribution for the times he's on since he hasn't dual spec'd. I play more often than he does so when he's not around or I'm pugging I tank.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to figure out the Wow heroes website. I don't know what my score means. I guess I have to find another good ret pally on wow armory and plug them in to compare.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea I get that about pvp. My main spec is protection and I love it. Our guild is very small right now, we have another tank already (guild leaders friend irl) so I decided to dual with retribution for the times he's on since he hasn't dual spec'd. I play more often than he does so when he's not around or I'm pugging I tank.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to figure out the Wow heroes website. I don't know what my score means. I guess I have to find another good ret pally on wow armory and plug them in to compare.

This is a great site for seeing other's specs;

http://www.talentchic.com/Paladin

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

There are so many ret pali builds because there are different needs. I have an all out DPS build and skipped some of the proc talents, but thats just because i'm not 80 yet and only doing 5 man runs. When you get to 80, your build will depend on varying factors like who is in your raid group, what kind of tank/healer you run with, and whether it is going to be 5, 10, or 25 man runs. PvP specs are even crazier. Elitist Jerks has all the sim data for each spec. Thats where I got my spec from.

Timeline

LoL, I had a crazy duel with a friend of mine. I was on a shadow priest and he was on a prot pali. Both around 30. We dueld 4 times, and each one lasted 10-15 minutes each :o I really don't like the MP changes they did. I've heard priests complaining about it, both here and in game, but I hadn't really played my priest since the last 2 patches. In each duel, I ran out of mana in the first 20 seconds of the fight. I had to MC him and run him as far away as possible so I could sit down and regen a little at least. Also, I used MC to make him go attack a mob that was outside SW and drag it back. Is that cheating, cheap, or shrewd tactics?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
LoL, I had a crazy duel with a friend of mine. I was on a shadow priest and he was on a prot pali. Both around 30. We dueld 4 times, and each one lasted 10-15 minutes each :o I really don't like the MP changes they did. I've heard priests complaining about it, both here and in game, but I hadn't really played my priest since the last 2 patches. In each duel, I ran out of mana in the first 20 seconds of the fight. I had to MC him and run him as far away as possible so I could sit down and regen a little at least. Also, I used MC to make him go attack a mob that was outside SW and drag it back. Is that cheating, cheap, or shrewd tactics?

Definately shrewd tactic!

Well, since my earlier complaining about mana and my priest, I haven't really been having a problem lately, I think i'm being more aware of using my shadow fiend and hymn of hope.

Timeline

Well, since my earlier complaining about mana and my priest, I haven't really been having a problem lately, I think i'm being more aware of using my shadow fiend and hymn of hope.

I haven't gotten that far. I just want to get my shadow form this weekend. BTW, what are the best glyphs? I'm going to dual spec and i'm trying to reconcile what kind of gear i'm going to use. It's going to be a pain in the #### at lvl 80, but for now, i'm just going with pure spellpower and using MP resto food.

Timeline

I haven't gotten that far. I just want to get my shadow form this weekend. BTW, what are the best glyphs? I'm going to dual spec and i'm trying to reconcile what kind of gear i'm going to use. It's going to be a pain in the #### at lvl 80, but for now, i'm just going with pure spellpower and using MP resto food.

Yeah I only concentrated on SP gear while levelling - I didn't (and don't) see much point in worrying about the fine tuning before level 80.

These are the ones I have:

Major

Glyph of Shadow

Glyph of Shadow word pain

Glyph of shadow word death

Minor

Glyph of Shadowfiend

Glyph of Shadow protection

Glyph of Levitate

Timeline

Yeah I only concentrated on SP gear while levelling - I didn't (and don't) see much point in worrying about the fine tuning before level 80.

These are the ones I have:

Major

Glyph of Shadow

Glyph of Shadow word pain

Glyph of shadow word death

Minor

Glyph of Shadowfiend

Glyph of Shadow protection

Glyph of Levitate

Thanks for the tip..... LoL, Glyph of Shadow is still around 80g on my realm. I always said that i'm either too dumb, or too easily distracted to heal or tank. I'm going to dual spec and actually try healing. Scary thought, but someone told me that if I can keep my DoT uptime upwards of 90%, then I can handle healing and tanking.

Timeline
Thanks for the tip..... LoL, Glyph of Shadow is still around 80g on my realm. I always said that i'm either too dumb, or too easily distracted to heal or tank. I'm going to dual spec and actually try healing. Scary thought, but someone told me that if I can keep my DoT uptime upwards of 90%, then I can handle healing and tanking.

Wow! I just looked and Glyph of Shadow in our AH is only 10g 48s !

I do heal periodically - priests are great healers, you will have no problems at all. The thing with my guild is, when we need an extra healer - the druid is always chosen - never ever me. Not that I have a bad healer rep or anything - just that he has a lot of experience.

I do get distracted, I get bored when healing and start watching TV :lol:

So I rarely ever get experience with my guild and i'm not keen to heal a heroic pug - hmm maybe I will force them to let me heal lol

Timeline

I do heal periodically - priests are great healers, you will have no problems at all. The thing with my guild is, when we need an extra healer - the druid is always chosen - never ever me. Not that I have a bad healer rep or anything - just that he has a lot of experience.

So I rarely ever get experience with my guild and i'm not keen to heal a heroic pug - hmm maybe I will force them to let me heal lol

After watching mel use healbot, I realized that it's really not that hard. I like druid healers myself because they have a very wide range of skills. They can de-curse, single target heal, AoE heal, and are great with the instant cast HoT's for boss' that throw you up in the air. But then again, priests have much more raw healing power, and the buffs are great. I'm going to have to heal for pugs cause my guild will purposely try to wipe. I have a history of not watching omen as closely as I should :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So now that I got my Pally all set for retribution and tanking...i'm bored. Our guild is flatlined and pugs s^ck (not always, but i'm sick of dealing with it).

SO, I made a priest, I made a druid, heck I made one of everything. It's so much fun seeing the difference each class experiences even just in the beginning.

I'm in a druid vs. priest dilemma now. I really want to lvl up a healer, but I"m so torn on which one. I don't really care to dual spec (but who knows, at 80 I may change my mind), so neither class' dps abilities matters much to me. I want an awesome healer. What about a Shaman? Which one is the easiest and best healer?

So now that I got my Pally all set for retribution and tanking...i'm bored. Our guild is flatlined and pugs s^ck (not always, but i'm sick of dealing with it).

SO, I made a priest, I made a druid, heck I made one of everything. It's so much fun seeing the difference each class experiences even just in the beginning.

I'm in a druid vs. priest dilemma now. I really want to lvl up a healer, but I"m so torn on which one. I don't really care to dual spec (but who knows, at 80 I may change my mind), so neither class' dps abilities matters much to me. I want an awesome healer. What about a Shaman? Which one is the easiest and best healer?

And by easiest I mean once i'm 80 which one will be the easiest to heal well with?

Omg I didn't mean to quote myself!! What a dork!!

Edited by CBR

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

And by easiest I mean once i'm 80 which one will be the easiest to heal well with?

Omg I didn't mean to quote myself!! What a dork!!

each healing class has it's own complexities. If you want a druid healer, you're going to have to lvl as a boomkin. I only know of one person personally who lvled all the way to 80 as a holy priest. Holy pali though is not that difficult to lvl as. You just use ret gear and you're good to go.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

80g, Damn I wish it was that high. I've been selling them since the start and currently I've got them on the AH for I think 7g now.

My Shadowpriest is pretty much pure PvP, though being an alt, I'm constantly raiding 25 man Naxx now on our alt runs on the weekend because they have too many mages for my mage alt to come in. So I had to dual spec to PvE shadow and PvP shadow.

Out of my 2 locks and mage, I still love my shadow priest the best for PvP...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

80g, Damn I wish it was that high. I've been selling them since the start and currently I've got them on the AH for I think 7g now.

My Shadowpriest is pretty much pure PvP, though being an alt, I'm constantly raiding 25 man Naxx now on our alt runs on the weekend because they have too many mages for my mage alt to come in. So I had to dual spec to PvE shadow and PvP shadow.

Out of my 2 locks and mage, I still love my shadow priest the best for PvP...

My realm is 60/40 alliance/horde split, and it's super high population. The horde side is a quite a bit more solid economically. I make money off buying twink items and horde pets/recipes and selling them on the alliance side :lol:

I like to PvP on my shadow priest, even though I don't even have any of the neat skills and stuff. Can't wait. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.