ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I knew you'd explain it well! That's actually how I understood it until I died the last time and thought wth? Maybe I got too close to someone of the opposite polarity or something? I'm anxious to try it again now, but probably won't be invited back to that group lol. I was terrible! I also fell into the green when my spacebar failed to work properly. I was probably hammering on it too hard.

There are so many things that can go wrong with Thaddius, especially with 25 man runs. I got it wrong numerous times, and for a while, my wife who was healing would check my screen to tell me where to go when the raid leader would call out the polarity changes. Deadly Boss Mods is a life saver on that fight. I even killed the raid when I went to loot Thaddius after we killed him.... The polarities don't change completely out for about 30 seconds after you kill him :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I definately recommend Deadly Boss Mods as an add on too - it is really good.

I also put a piece of paper on my keyboard for Neg and Pos last week, when you are busy concentrating on the fight it's easy to forget which side you have designated beforehand.

The polarity changing after you kill him must be a random thing. Immediately after we all stood still - then realized none of us had a polarity buff afterwards at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I definately recommend Deadly Boss Mods as an add on too - it is really good.

I also put a piece of paper on my keyboard for Neg and Pos last week, when you are busy concentrating on the fight it's easy to forget which side you have designated beforehand.

The polarity changing after you kill him must be a random thing. Immediately after we all stood still - then realized none of us had a polarity buff afterwards at all.

It has probably been mentioned before, but the best mod for leveling & daily quests is Quest Helper.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is that addon part of Wow matrix? I had the auctioneer addon (helped so much to know what would be good for my alt enchanter) and after the big update it didn't work and I never looked into adding it again. Is it working now?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline
Is that addon part of Wow matrix? I had the auctioneer addon (helped so much to know what would be good for my alt enchanter) and after the big update it didn't work and I never looked into adding it again. Is it working now?

All of the add ons available via wowmatrix are available at the actual web sites.

Some of the items available for update via wowmatrix are no longer available through them as they did not like that wowmatrix got to advertise to people while they were doing all the work.

I can still update questhelper and deadly boss mods with it though. Not sure if auctioneer was one of the ones that was affected.

Curse, WoW Interface band together to block WoWMatrix

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

unfortuneately wowmatrix no longer works / is not supported. i've been forced to use curse..and it won't even download and update all the mods..they are charging a fee for what they call premium service now. sigh..and i hate having to search and download / check updated mods every couple of days. so now i have the smallest amount of mods period.

auctioneer is a bloated addon that takes up too much space and memory..i do'nt bother with it anymore. i use itemstats which tells me how much stuff is worth for vendoring..and i just check current ah prices on stuff i sell.

i use the following addons:

deadly boss mods

omen threat

recount

icehud

bartender ( cuz i hate the default blizz bars) i prefer everything together in a nice block at the bottom of my screen. cuz i suck at paying attention in raids lol if it's not in front of my face i won't notice it :P

those are my basics for all classes. of course i have a few others depending on class.

mage / druid has decursive..can't live without it.

hunter has timer mod and misdirect announce.

mage announce for when i sheep or counterspell.

questhelper for my lowbies.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
I knew you'd explain it well! That's actually how I understood it until I died the last time and thought wth? Maybe I got too close to someone of the opposite polarity or something? I'm anxious to try it again now, but probably won't be invited back to that group lol. I was terrible! I also fell into the green when my spacebar failed to work properly. I was probably hammering on it too hard.

There are so many things that can go wrong with Thaddius, especially with 25 man runs. I got it wrong numerous times, and for a while, my wife who was healing would check my screen to tell me where to go when the raid leader would call out the polarity changes. Deadly Boss Mods is a life saver on that fight. I even killed the raid when I went to loot Thaddius after we killed him.... The polarities don't change completely out for about 30 seconds after you kill him :rofl:

well with thaddius..at the begining..no one has a polarity..you just have the two groups on either side of him. now as long as you know which side is the - and which side is the + just like with a battery you should be good. for my guild whenl ooking at thaddius the left side is - and right side is +. usually the very first polarity change is where ppl make their mistake.

our raid leader alwys says 5 sec b4 to "watch your buff". when you do the switcharoo..you need to keep as wide a berth as posible..switch in a circle sort of. cuz if you get too close to ppl you will zap each other.

and ya..teehee..someone rezzed me on thaddius and as soon as they did..zap i died again cuz of the buffs still being active :P

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I'll check out deadly boss mods when I get home. I wish this (work) day was over with! I have BETTER things to do lolol!!

3/9/11 date of NOA

Timeline
our raid leader alwys says 5 sec b4 to "watch your buff". when you do the switcharoo..you need to keep as wide a berth as posible..switch in a circle sort of. cuz if you get too close to ppl you will zap each other.

and ya..teehee..someone rezzed me on thaddius and as soon as they did..zap i died again cuz of the buffs still being active :P

Yeah that's what we do - rule is to keep your left shoulder to thaddius (counter clockwise if you like) So basically if you have right as pos and left as neg - you go around behind him if moving to neg and in front of him if moving to positive.

Timeline

well with thaddius..at the begining..no one has a polarity..you just have the two groups on either side of him. now as long as you know which side is the - and which side is the + just like with a battery you should be good. for my guild whenl ooking at thaddius the left side is - and right side is +. usually the very first polarity change is where ppl make their mistake.

Lol, i've done that with thaddius too. Our guild, if you die, and get ressed, you have to go stand in the corner til you lose your polarity buff. I got yelled at so much, and am considered "That Guy" for killing half the raid after we downed him because I went to go loot :lol:

I use auctioneer like one weekend a month. I just scan and scan and look for ways to make money. You can make a ton of money using it just by finding things that people have grossly underpriced. I have always used curse and wowinterface.com just because I never trusted wowmatrix. There was just too much room for someone to do something bad with it. I use recount, omen, Quartz (casting/swing timer/dot timer), and I better go get decursive tonight... but then again, i'm only lvl 45.

LoL, mel called me at lunch and crushed my hopes of transferring my little undead mage. The free transfers are only to a latin american realm. Hijo de la chingada. Mi espanol is tan mal para jugar en esta server. :cry:

Timeline

This is from the website fmylife.com, it made me think of this thread and had a chuckle:

Today, I learned that I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I got it from playing too much World of Warcraft. I got a disease in real life by living in a virtual world. FML

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

So last night we decided to do (another) timed COT strat run, it was the daily and several people don't have the drake yet.

Sooo off we go and we wipe.

Then we wipe again. and again. and - well you get the picture.

We finally gave up, once we got to the upstairs portion of the Inn and wiped there a couple of times. We couldn't really figure out what was going on, the tank kept dying - with a good healer healing him and me shielding him and doing back up heals.

Well, we left and he and I duelled a couple of times - turns out it was his character - it was like he was wearing no armour - I beat him twice (which felt good). Then he switched to his rogue, who I proceeded to beat again.

Not sure if he opened a ticket on that or not, as I took off shortly after, but it was weird. Has anyone else ever seen something like that happen?

Timeline
So last night we decided to do (another) timed COT strat run, it was the daily and several people don't have the drake yet.

Sooo off we go and we wipe.

Then we wipe again. and again. and - well you get the picture.

We finally gave up, once we got to the upstairs portion of the Inn and wiped there a couple of times. We couldn't really figure out what was going on, the tank kept dying - with a good healer healing him and me shielding him and doing back up heals.

Well, we left and he and I duelled a couple of times - turns out it was his character - it was like he was wearing no armour - I beat him twice (which felt good). Then he switched to his rogue, who I proceeded to beat again.

Not sure if he opened a ticket on that or not, as I took off shortly after, but it was weird. Has anyone else ever seen something like that happen?

Shadow priests pwn at PvP though, so he may just suck :P

I love timed CoS runs. I found a great group to do it with and we all got the drake in 5 runs, then started getting people in the guild the mount and sold a few runs for quite a bit of money.

Playing my undead mage these days and loving it. I think i'm going to go back to ice spec though, I need more CC for outlands as a lvl 58 clothie.

Timeline

Did he somehow forget to set up talents after the last time they wiped them? Or did they somehow disappear on their own? That is very weird. If he's been tanking in Naxx you'd think CoS would be a walk in the park. Or the other possibility...is he dual specced and accidentally had his dps spec activated while trying to tank? I once did that and boy is it noticeable lol!!

3/9/11 date of NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.