ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone play on a West Coast realm? I'm really thinking about playing on a west coast realm seeing as I live on the west coast and was wondering if anyone could suggest one.

I play Alliance on Kelthuzad, this is a west coast PvP realm

How bad is the ganking there? I like playing on a high population server, but I don't like the lags and queues.

CBR:

I'd help ya out, but I have absolutely no idea :rofl:

I don't do the events

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have no queue in Antonidas - we did for a while but I guess quite a few must have transferred.

So we just did the COT timed run againnn tonight - still no drake for me, but i'll keep at it :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't think argent tournament was an event. I thought it was a new daily line with rep-like rewards. Hmm. idk

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the Argent tourny is a permanent event. with dailies. has profession trainers inn and it's a sanctuary..no killing allowed.

easy to be there with all the other dailies in icecrown too.

at some future point you build a colliseum..which is why one of the dailies is to get stone and lumber..that is why ti's permanent.

you have to do aspirant then valiant then become champion for each city..x 5 if you want all of them for the achievment. from what i read. it's sposed to take 28 days for each city; aspirant to champion.

most of the rep stuff is ####### if you ask me..i just want the mounts :P

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I can't stand jousting, maybe i'm not a jouster! Then again PVP isn't really my thing - but I try, sometimes. I mean I have done a gazillion bgs.

Speaking of bg's - I always think it's strange how some people, out of hand, dismiss bg gear as not being any good for PVE. I started out in bg gear because it was my way of getting in to heroics.

While the gear has resilience on it, it also has lots of good stats, generally - so I don't get why people poo poo it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh back to the fishing topic, another fun thing about it is you could get your very own Turtle Mount like I happened to get on Wed night. Just was fishing to up by skill to 450 and out of a glaciar salmon pool comes a blue item and then an achievemnt (I had it on auto loot so didn't see what the item was at first). Then found out my very own turtle mount that swims pretty good in the water. Too bad I can't use him to fish off of...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline
Oh back to the fishing topic, another fun thing about it is you could get your very own Turtle Mount like I happened to get on Wed night. Just was fishing to up by skill to 450 and out of a glaciar salmon pool comes a blue item and then an achievemnt (I had it on auto loot so didn't see what the item was at first). Then found out my very own turtle mount that swims pretty good in the water. Too bad I can't use him to fish off of...

congrats! Yes, up until last week my fishing skill was at a respectable 1.

Then a girl in our guild got the turtle and I thought you know, I would like a turtle :lol:

Timeline
I can't stand jousting, maybe i'm not a jouster! Then again PVP isn't really my thing - but I try, sometimes. I mean I have done a gazillion bgs.

Speaking of bg's - I always think it's strange how some people, out of hand, dismiss bg gear as not being any good for PVE. I started out in bg gear because it was my way of getting in to heroics.

While the gear has resilience on it, it also has lots of good stats, generally - so I don't get why people poo poo it.

I think BG gear is ok for some melee class' to use for raiding because it has much higher stamina. However, for casters, it gives you a lot of stam, but definitely lowers your spell damage. The lvl 80 BoE stuff will give you higher spell damage. There are a couple of pieces that are really good though.

On a side note, I started playing horde now. LoL, less lag actually. My realm is almost 60% alliance last time I checked, so IF is lag central.

Congrats Warlord, I haven't seen anyone yet with that mount. I thought it was extremely rare.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ooo a turtle mount! I actually haven't seen it yet, but it sounds cool.

If anyone is interested I figured out a way to beat the valients at the argent tournament. As soon as they accept the challenge they walk away from you...I use the shield break thing then immediately follow them so they don't have a chance to charge. Then keep on them with melee and when they're gonna walk away from you again, shield break as you stay on their butt to continue melee. It takes a while, but if you can get in a shield break or two but not allow them enough distance to charge it works.

I don't even try to charge them myself, melee works just fine.

Anybody know any good tips on how to get my pally up to par with dps (my secondary spec). I bought all the dps gear I could from the exalted/revered rep that I have already and gemmed what I can with attack, crit and some agility (i'm not sure what a pally dps is supposed to focus on, but I read attack was #1 idk). I have 3 major glyphs and have yet to check my warlock for what minors she can make (suggestions?). So after all that I went to the dummies with recount up to see what my dps is, and it's only like 1200ish. I thought pallies were supposed to kick butt with dps. I use all the attack spells available to me. What else? Is your dps higher in instances when you're attacking & hitting 3 things at once (with those spells that hit more than 1)?? Do I just need practice? I want to get into more dungeons as dps. It's fun to see what other tanks do too when i'm incognito lol.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

Ret Pali does a lot of damage off of retribution aura and consecrate. I don't think that Ret aura shows up on the dummies because it only procs when you are attacked. I do about 1400 DPS at lvl 72. I don't have epics from lvl 70 as I lvled it up after WoTLK came out. I just make sure to keep consecrate up nearly 100% of the time. I use the stun skill and judgement every time, and I just spam judgement> exorcism > crusader strike > then the spiral one that I can't remember the name of currently (Its the 51 point talent skill). Hammer of Wrath on everything in an instance. That skill is the best.

In instances, I use Seal of the Martyr (I think it's Seal of Blood for horde) if there is a good healer, otherwise, I use command.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats! Yes, up until last week my fishing skill was at a respectable 1.

Then a girl in our guild got the turtle and I thought you know, I would like a turtle :lol:

Not sure on the drop rate of it, but I'm not the only one in the guild that has one. The two of us were waiting for the pull of Razorscale side by side with our turtle mounts while everyone was saying "I hate you two" ha ha. On my friends server he plays alliance and said he's seen a few around. So don't think it's that super rare...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone play on a West Coast realm? I'm really thinking about playing on a west coast realm seeing as I live on the west coast and was wondering if anyone could suggest one.

How bad is the ganking there? I like playing on a high population server, but I don't like the lags and queues.

CBR:

I don't do the events

Ganking is about medium I would say, I mean it is PvP so it happens. I haven't had a queue in awhile but sometimes lag in Dalaran is a pain especially around when wintergrasp starts. though I llike being on such a high population server, lots of stuff always going on :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Timeline

CBR:

I don't do the events

Ganking is about medium I would say, I mean it is PvP so it happens. I haven't had a queue in awhile but sometimes lag in Dalaran is a pain especially around when wintergrasp starts. though I llike being on such a high population server, lots of stuff always going on :)

Hmmmm well, i'm intrigued now. I personally LOVE to gank. But my wife, well, I got her to play on a PvP realm for 20 lvls, and then we got ganked just outside Tarren Mill. Damn NElf Huntards and their stealth pet!!! I would like to get her to play on one again, but I'd like to play on one that doesn't gank too much. But in reality, I imagine it'll end up being a PvE realm. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.