SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. Got an e-mail from the Stockholm embassy this afternoon.I replied that I would prefer a new interview date before October 5, if that is possible. I just want this to be over so I can be with my wife. I've had it up to here with all the waiting and uncertainty.

Glad to see they at least have appointments available after Oct 12th. Iʻm in the US currently with my wife. My return ticket is on Oct 10th. I was hoping to have an interview that week lol.

Not sure if thatʻs gonna happen though. The NVC still tells me they want proof of my Swedish citizenship to interview in Sweden. :bonk:

Today I was able to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor couldnʻt talk to me personally (??), but the operator told me that the supervisor would look at it, and took my phone number down to call me back. The operator told me to mail a new copy of my passport and said the part where it says itʻs a Norwegian passport might be smudged.

BS.

Norwegian passport biographic data pages say "NORWAY" on top in big, bold letters. "code of issuing state: NOR" right underneath, and "Nationality: NORWEGIAN" right underneath my name. To top it off it says place of birth and "Issued by Oslo Police District." If all those, including my birth certificate are smudged, Iʻm suing FedEx.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks guys. I replied to the email and said I would prefer a new interview date before Oct. 5 if that is possible. Even if it won't make me get to America quicker, I will still be very glad to get this whole process done with sooner. I do not want to jinx this and take anything for granted, but it will be such a HUGE relief when I have that visa in my hand.

Not sure if thatʻs gonna happen though. The NVC still tells me they want proof of my Swedish citizenship to interview in Sweden. :bonk:

Today I was able to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor couldnʻt talk to me personally (??), but the operator told me that the supervisor would look at it, and took my phone number down to call me back. The operator told me to mail a new copy of my passport and said the part where it says itʻs a Norwegian passport might be smudged.

BS.

Norwegian passport biographic data pages say "NORWAY" on top in big, bold letters. "code of issuing state: NOR" right underneath, and "Nationality: NORWEGIAN" right underneath my name. To top it off it says place of birth and "Issued by Oslo Police District." If all those, including my birth certificate are smudged, Iʻm suing FedEx.

That's unbelievable. What a mess. I can understand if it is hard for NVC employees to keep up to date with changes in the processing of all consulates/embassies across the globe (and I imagine Scandinavia may not be something they see very often [which is why they changed the processing procedures I guess]), but shouldn't they at least be allowed to, you know, like, read and stuff? :wacko:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Timeline

My visa interview at the embassy in Stockholm has been re-scheduled to Friday September 28. That's Friday this week. FRIDAY THIS WEEK!

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

The interview is at 9 in the morning. The embassy opens at 8 I believe. When do I need to be there? Do I need to be there at 8?

- - - - -

My visa interview at the embassy in Stockholm has been re-scheduled to Friday September 28. That's Friday this week. FRIDAY THIS WEEK!

Great news!, you are almost done!

I suggest you go there at 8.30

My interview was at 9 am too, I got in at 8.30ish and the actual interview was at something like 10.30 am depending on how many immigrant visa interviews for that day are.

Timeline

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking along the same lines.

What do I need to bring? The appointment letter (or whatever it was called, the PDF file I got from the NVC when they informed me about my interview date) will be outdated. It says my interview date is October 9, but it will be on September 28. Do I still bring that? What other documents do I need to bring? I'll probably bring everything I have anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

How much do I need to bring as far as proving my wife and I have a bona fide relationship?

- - - - -

What do I need to bring? The appointment letter (or whatever it was called, the PDF file I got from the NVC when they informed me about my interview date) will be outdated. It says my interview date is October 9, but it will be on September 28. Do I still bring that? What other documents do I need to bring? I'll probably bring everything I have anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

How much do I need to bring as far as proving my wife and I have a bona fide relationship?

At the security house, you will need to show your appointment letter and passport to be let in. The guard will check if your name is on the list on that day, but if I were you I would also print out the emails from the Embassy that cancelled the old appointment and scheduled the new appointment date for you ( just to be safe).

I don't know about the required papers/documents for CR-1 since the NVC pretty much has all your documents and the embassy will receive everything you have submitted to the NVC, someone else might be able to chip in.

As for evidence of bona fide relationship, I would bring some just to give you peace of mind, some photos and emails printed out etc but no need to go out of your way to make some if you don't already have it. I am 99% sure they won't ask to see it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don't stress about stuff to prove your relationship, I asume you already have provided such info? and Sweden is not a red flag country...it's not like we move over here to get a better life.. Just make sure you don't have to provide any other info, me for example had to bring my husbands latest taxes cause they were done after we had sent our paper work in.

Bring a big envelope and stamps, also bring coins for the vending machine...u might be waiting for a few hrs. Don't bring any electronics u have to leave all that stuff with the guards anyway.

I would probably be there 20 min early or so, but when u get there make sure u stand in the right line...there probably will be a long line and that's not for you. You will be let in the embassy in a jiffy!

LYCKA TILL!!!!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Tackar ödmjukast.

I thought I'd bring all the documents I have access to, and some stuff as proof of our relationship, although yes we sent some of that stuff in to the USCIS when we first started the process (like wedding certificates and photos etc). I also thought I'd bring a letter or two that my wife has written to me. Furthermore I will try to remember to bring papers she sent me that show she has a new job (started in July), since they approved us based on the income from her old job. She makes more money now so I figure, why not?

I just feel that I will much rather bring one document too many than one too few, so to speak. Better safe than sorry.

I read somewhere that you're not supposed to bring a bag or a backpack. If I bring one, can I turn it in somewhere? Like leave it to the guard or something like that?

I REALLY appreciate you guys helping me out with this. I'm probably stressing too much over it, but that's just how I am as a person. Friday will be the most important day of my life so far and I don't want to do anything that may blow it for me.

- - - - -

Tackar ödmjukast.

I thought I'd bring all the documents I have access to, and some stuff as proof of our relationship, although yes we sent some of that stuff in to the USCIS when we first started the process (like wedding certificates and photos etc). I also thought I'd bring a letter or two that my wife has written to me. Furthermore I will try to remember to bring papers she sent me that show she has a new job (started in July), since they approved us based on the income from her old job. She makes more money now so I figure, why not?

I just feel that I will much rather bring one document too many than one too few, so to speak. Better safe than sorry.

I read somewhere that you're not supposed to bring a bag or a backpack. If I bring one, can I turn it in somewhere? Like leave it to the guard or something like that?

I REALLY appreciate you guys helping me out with this. I'm probably stressing too much over it, but that's just how I am as a person. Friday will be the most important day of my life so far and I don't want to do anything that may blow it for me.

I saw a guy in front of me got in with his business laptop bag with shoulder strap without any problem, they will just X-ray it and look through it.

I myself brought a cloth bag and that was fine. The guards are pretty friendly, if you bring something that are not allowed inside, they will keep it for you.

Timeline

My case was complete at NVC today!

Woo! Awesome news. :thumbs:

- - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Glad to see things are starting to fall into place on this forum! Congrats Bork, Rarasantiago, theyʻll get back to you soon.

My case was complete at NVC today!

Finally!!! Congratulations!!!

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Tackar ödmjukast.

Understand completely! I'm a pretty easy going person, trying not to worry too much but still this process have me on needles!

So happy you have your interview so soon!

I had my medical today,easy and fast. But my son needs an extra shot they didn't have. So he need to get it fast so they can mail the papers to the embassy..

I do have an pre excisting condition and I'm so worried they will deny me based on that (public charge?) The doctor thought it will be ok and I'm probably worrying over nothing but I'm still nervous and worried!

:wacko:

Have to get everything in order for the interview now, I got an e-mail yeasterday that my interview is next week! Good thing my boss knew it was coming and are giving me two days of on a short notice. Just booked a hotel and flights!

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.