SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Yay, congrats Miss K!!!!

I'll be ready for that cup of steaming hot coffee and for some steaming hot chatting once you're moved in and settled! :dance:

11/30/2010 I-129F package sent

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

5/27/2011 fly over to US, stay for 2 months

8/22/2011 Visa Interview in Helsinki

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

4/28/2012 Green Card received! No Interview :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Congrats!

Thank you!!

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Timeline

Yay, congrats Miss K!!!!

I'll be ready for that cup of steaming hot coffee and for some steaming hot chatting once you're moved in and settled! :dance:

Great! Looking forward to it :dance:

I have to quit my job (I'll do it now,if I wait for the visa to be issued we will not be able to leave before after Christmas, don't want that...), I have three months notice. So if all of the rest of this journey goes well I hope we arrive at the end of November/early December:)

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Timeline

Each state has different rules on stuff, but what might be good is to get tour sons immunization record translated by a doc back home or something. I thought that my sons records from the swedish barnavardscentralen plus the statement from medicals we went through in order to move here would be enough to prove he had all his shots... After a very long conversation with the school nurse she backed off and I only have to get him 2 shots, eventhough he really is protected already. One of them was for vattkoppor, which he had a few years back and is immune because of that, but since no doctor had written a statement saying he had had it we need a shot *sigh*

I'll get back to you if i can think of something more you might need...

I was wondering if they asked your son any questions at the interview and in that case what did they ask? He speak a little english.

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I was wondering if they asked your son any questions at the interview and in that case what did they ask? He speak a little english.

No she didn't ask my son anything during our 5 min long interview, but afterwards she asked him if he was looking forward to move to the US. But my son was well annoyed with that lady by then so he didn't even answer her. He didn't get to leave his fingerprints on the little machine they have and he really really wanted to do that :no:

I didn't get many questions either, the reason it even took 5 minutes was because she was looking through our papers while trying to figure out what to ask me...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Still waiting on that interview date. On Sunday it will be 2 months since our case was completed at the NVC. I emailed NVC and the embassy Friday last week. Heard back from the embassy in Stockholm, nothing yet from the NVC. Stupid embassy has "been experiencing a huge backlog, however, we will be able to cut into it within a month time. We have not yet received your file and unable to assist you before we it has been received."

God I'm so depressed right now. :(

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Timeline

Still waiting on that interview date. On Sunday it will be 2 months since our case was completed at the NVC. I emailed NVC and the embassy Friday last week. Heard back from the embassy in Stockholm, nothing yet from the NVC. Stupid embassy has "been experiencing a huge backlog, however, we will be able to cut into it within a month time. We have not yet received your file and unable to assist you before we it has been received."

That truly sucks to hear! But I bet now that summer is over, people are back from vacation things will speed up at the embassy. The people at the embassy told me things slow down a whole lot during summer. I got my fingers crossed you will hear something really really soon!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Timeline

Tack så mycket.

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

Wow, can't believe it's taking them so long. I don't know much about the process, but is it NVC that is really slow here?

I hope you hear something right about now!!

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Timeline

No I think it's the embassy.

And thanks. I appreciate it. :)

- - - - -

Ran across this thread, they got congressman involved and asked for expediting at NVC due to very long wait. It's worth a try.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293975-envolve-your-congressmanexpeditious-processing/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293975-envolve-your-congressmanexpeditious-processing/

Best of luck!

I-130 Process

USCIS: 04/23/2012: I-130 mailed

NVC: 07/30/2012: Case received at NVC
U.S Embassy Interview: 11/01/2012: Interview and Visa approved!

Removing Conditions

10/19/14: Sent I-751

04/17/15: Approved

Timeline

Ran across this thread, they got congressman involved and asked for expediting at NVC due to very long wait. It's worth a try.

Best of luck!

I don't think the congressman can do much in this case, the embassy always slows down during summer because people leave for vacation. The embassy in Stockholm is a pretty speedy embassy during the rest of the year.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

A little update (of sorts).

I haven't heard anything from the NVC or the embassy since the last email I got from the NVC (Sep. 4). I'm just waiting. Not going to waste my time and money calling and neither is my USC wife. They'll email us when they're good and ready - I don't believe there's anything I can do to speed it up. At least that's how it feels. I'm kinda bitter about the whole sh!tty situation.

I haven't gotten any explanation as to why it's taking so long, other than that they "have been experiencing a huge backlog". I don't expect to get an explanation and frankly I don't know if I want/need one either. There's nothing they can say really that will make it better.

I realized today that I've stopped hoping for something to be in the inbox when I check my email.

Sorry if I sound bitter and disappointed, but that's what I am. Even if the Stockholm embassy people kiss my shiny metal as$ and pay me to move to the US, they're still not getting an all around positive review from me like they seem to get from 99% of people who've written reviews here on VJ.

:P

- - - - -

Timeline

A little update (of sorts).

I haven't heard anything from the NVC or the embassy since the last email I got from the NVC (Sep. 4). I'm just waiting. Not going to waste my time and money calling and neither is my USC wife. They'll email us when they're good and ready - I don't believe there's anything I can do to speed it up. At least that's how it feels. I'm kinda bitter about the whole sh!tty situation.

I haven't gotten any explanation as to why it's taking so long, other than that they "have been experiencing a huge backlog". I don't expect to get an explanation and frankly I don't know if I want/need one either. There's nothing they can say really that will make it better.

I realized today that I've stopped hoping for something to be in the inbox when I check my email.

Sorry if I sound bitter and disappointed, but that's what I am. Even if the Stockholm embassy people kiss my shiny metal as$ and pay me to move to the US, they're still not getting an all around positive review from me like they seem to get from 99% of people who've written reviews here on VJ.

:P

This is so ridiculous! So you have been waiting two months for a interview date??? :bonk: I was hoping to get an interview in October...

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

This is so ridiculous! So you have been waiting two months for a interview date??? :bonk:I was hoping to get an interview in October...

Me too!!

Iʻm currently in the US. I quit my job, and went to the US on the VWP just because I couldnʻt stand the wait any longer. We got an RFE on our AOS package, then, today we got an RFE on the IV package! This IV RFE is just completely ridiculous, it says they need proof that Iʻm a citizen of Sierra Leone in order for them to schedule an interview in Sierra Leone. I called the NVC, and the operator said itʻs "most likely an error" and that all my required docs are in. She then said sheʻll "have a supervisor look into it."

Meanwhile, Iʻm in the US with no work, running out of money and being provided for by my wife. I got my NOA2 in May, I expected an interview date in late July/early August. I realize there is little us mortals can do about this, but Iʻm definitely joining in on the frustration. Since itʻs now Friday afternoon (these things have a tendency to happen on Friday afternoons) I guess my weekend is effectively ruined. Next month, my case will have been longer at the NVC than at CSC.

On a brighter note, I met up with GandK yesterday and we had a beer here in Hawaii! Was nice to be able to rant about this process since most Americans donʻt seem to understand it lol. Bork, GandK got an interview within a month Iʻm pretty sure - What does the NVC say when you call them?

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.