SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

And despite the fact that virtually every single review I've read about the Stockholm embassy has been very positive, I'm also nervous about the interview. I feel like the interviewing officer will have my life in his(her hands. There shouldn't be any problems, but who knows? I am not taking anything for granted.

I was just as nervous but it really is easy at our embassy! We don't live in country known for fraud! It took me 3 hours at the embassy but the interview itself took less than 5 minutes!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That's good to know. Thanks.

I visited my brother who lives in Stockholm on Sunday last week. He and his g/f explained how to get to the embassy. I haven't really visited Stockholm much so I don't know my way around there... but it seems it's very easy to find the embassy. If you start out from Centralstation, it's not hard to get there at all (and shouldn't take too long either).

Edited by Mr. Borkström

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to the dentist to have a tooth fixed on July 2nd, we can switch if that makes you feel better. ;) And despite the fact that virtually every single review I've read about the Stockholm embassy has been very positive, I'm also nervous about the interview. I feel like the interviewing officer will have my life in his(her hands. There shouldn't be any problems, but who knows? I am not taking anything for granted.

I know what you mean. I have yet to read about anyone spending more than 5 cozy minutes at the Stockholm embassy. At the same time, the fact that just one single individual can pretty much make or break the entire rest of your life is quite a scary thought. I'm not expecting any problems either, but I'll be on edge til it's over.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Does anyone know if pictures are really necessary to bring to the interview? I don't want to go have a bunch of them printed out to take if nobody's even going to look at them. I have some pics and hotel receipts, etc. from when Juha visited me in March, but I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't use stuff as evidence that shows the beneficiary visiting the US after the K-1 was filed, but I don't know how true that is...

heart-1.jpg

1/04/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/09/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/10/12 - NOA1

1/13/12 - Touched

5/14/12 - NOA2

5/31/12 - NVC Received

6/04/12 - Sent to Embassy

6/05/12 - Medical completed

6/11/12 - Packet 3 Received

6/15/12 - Packet 3 Sent

7/02/12 - Interview-Approved!

10/13/12 - Wedding!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

jawjayC, jeg så at du spurte om statsborgerskap vs. green card, og for å gi min personlige mening hadde jeg aldri gitt opp norsk statsborgerskap, pga en veldig viktig grunn: Muligheten for å reise hjem igjen.

Jeg har ingen planer om å skilles, og jeg elsker mannen min og vi har en fantastisk sønn sammen - men jeg vet at noen ganger er livet uforutsigbart. Dersom ting skulle gå helt skeis er det ikke sikkert at jeg hadde flyttet hjem igjen heller (tenker på sønnen min, osv), men jeg vil hvertfall aldri ødelegge for muligheten, skjønner hva jeg mener?

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Does anyone know if pictures are really necessary to bring to the interview? I don't want to go have a bunch of them printed out to take if nobody's even going to look at them. I have some pics and hotel receipts, etc. from when Juha visited me in March, but I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't use stuff as evidence that shows the beneficiary visiting the US after the K-1 was filed, but I don't know how true that is...

I know Helsinki and Stockholm don't normally ask for pictures. But in a situation like this, preparing for a worst case scenario is the smartest thing you can do. It's better to have it all ready but not needed, than needed but not ready. Better safe than sorry.

As for as visits after the I-129f/K-1 was filed. I don't see how that's a problem. It's not illegal to visit. As long as he didn't lie to CBP on entry, there's nothing to worry about.

By lying I mean, if the CBP didn't ask who he was visiting, no probelm. If they asked "do you have a fiance in the US?" and he said "no." Then it's a problem.

jawjayC, jeg så at du spurte om statsborgerskap vs. green card, og for å gi min personlige mening hadde jeg aldri gitt opp norsk statsborgerskap, pga en veldig viktig grunn: Muligheten for å reise hjem igjen.Jeg har ingen planer om å skilles, og jeg elsker mannen min og vi har en fantastisk sønn sammen - men jeg vet at noen ganger er livet uforutsigbart. Dersom ting skulle gå helt skeis er det ikke sikkert at jeg hadde flyttet hjem igjen heller (tenker på sønnen min, osv), men jeg vil hvertfall aldri ødelegge for muligheten, skjønner hva jeg mener?

Helt enig. Hopefully dual citizenship will be legal one day.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I had with me maybe 10 pics but no one asked to see them. In fact they didn't ask to see any evidence, just the paperwork required to process the visa. Definitely bring the evidence along, just in case, but most likely the interview in Helsinki will be anticlimactic. I was just asked how we met and a few very basic biographical questions. Not a big deal at all. And jaejayC already answered the bit about visits after filing, which shouldn't be an issue. Good luck! :)

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

That's good to know. Thanks.

I visited my brother who lives in Stockholm on Sunday last week. He and his g/f explained how to get to the embassy. I haven't really visited Stockholm much so I don't know my way around there... but it seems it's very easy to find the embassy. If you start out from Centralstation, it's not hard to get there at all (and shouldn't take too long either).

5 minutes in a cab or 15 by bus, catch the bus up by "plattan". I took a cab there and the bus back the second time we went to the embassy. The first time I was so nervous plus our interview appointment was so early we just stayed at a hotel within walking distace from the embassy.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

5 minutes in a cab or 15 by bus, catch the bus up by "plattan". I took a cab there and the bus back the second time we went to the embassy. The first time I was so nervous plus our interview appointment was so early we just stayed at a hotel within walking distace from the embassy.

Are you from Stockholm? I'll be staying at a hotel in Östermalm the night before the interview.. Any idea if that's walking distance? Also, Is it hard to get to Östermalm from Arlanda?

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

Llamainvasion, you're born in Korea? My wife was born there too, but naturalized US citizen now. Her family is as Korean as they come though lol. I LOVE the food!!

Korean food and Hawaii? Now I'm green with envy. :crying:

;)

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

NVC just received my petition today. Such a great feeling when there's progress in this ridiculously slow process :D

Grattis! :thumbs:

- - - - -

Timeline

If memory serves me right, my brother and his g/f said to either

take the subway from Centralstation or Slussen to Karlaplan (I think it was Karlaplan) and then walk down the street towards Berwaldhallen, which is really close to the embassy,

- or -

to take bus #69 to Dag Hammarskjöld's gata.

Edited by Mr. Borkström

- - - - -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.