SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you for your quick reply. Sorry about the confusion about my profile.

Anyway, so my fiance will just use any of these clinics?

Stockholm

Dr. Jan Arlestig

Sibyllekliniken

Karlavägen 56

114 49 Stockholm

Tel: 08-662 81 00

Phone hours Monday - Thursday 09.00 - 17.00

Email: info@sibyllekliniken.se

Göteborg

Dr. Einar Persson

Kungsportsläkarna

Kungsportsavenyn 10

400 10 Göteborg

Tel: 031-339 99 70

*IMPORTANT*: Only does this type of appointments on Thursdays

Does she need to get all these vaccinations?

*Mumps

*Measles

*Rubella

Human Papillomavirus (HPV

Meningococcal

*Polio

Pertussis

Rotavirus

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

*Varicella

Zoster Influenza type b (Hib)

Or only Tetanus, Chickenpox and Flu like you mentioned?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want her to get these vaccinations done prior to the medical exam.

Yes, either the clinic in Stockholm or the one in Gothenburg.

I believe the vaccines needed for an adult are the MMR, TD (tetanus, diptheria), chickenpox or oral confirmation of it as a child, and flu in season.

Yes, if your fiance for some reason did not recieve the MMR (measels, mumps, rubella) vaccine as a child she will need it too.

That list is above is only for certain people immigrating to the US. Some vaccines are only for infants, some are for people 65+. If your fiance is between 18-65 she needs MMR, Tetanus (if she got one within the last 10 years she does not need it again), proof or oral confirmation she had chickenpox and the flu shot depending on the season.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I believe the vaccines needed for an adult are the MMR, TD (tetanus, diptheria), chickenpox or oral confirmation of it as a child, and flu in season.

Thank you. I will let her know.

I greatly appreciate all the info you guys have provided in this forum.

Yes, either the clinic in Stockholm or the one in Gothenburg.

Yes, if your fiance for some reason did not recieve the MMR (measels, mumps, rubella) vaccine as a child she will need it too.

That list is above is only for certain people immigrating to the US. Some vaccines are only for infants, some are for people 65+. If your fiance is between 18-65 she needs MMR, Tetanus (if she got one within the last 10 years she does not need it again), proof or oral confirmation she had chickenpox and the flu shot depending on the season.

thank you so much

K1 Visa                                                                                   AOS

03/28/2016 - I-129F Sent                                  02/10/2017 -  AOS/EAD/AP Application Sent

04/14/2016 - NOA1 Received                             02/21/2017 -  NOA 1 - email received

06/17/2016 - Approved                                     03/15/2017 -  Infopass Scheduled

06/24/2016 - NOA 2 Received                            03/15/2017 - Biometrics Done

09/14/2016 - Medical                                                   04/06/2017 - "Ready to Schedule for Interview"

09/29/2016 - Interview! APPROVED                     04/20/2017 - AP - approved

10/03/2016 - Visa Received                               05/09/2017 - EAD/AP card received

12/31/2016 - Wedding.                                    05/15/2017 - AOS interview - Approved!

05/15/2017 - New Card is Being Produced

05/23/2017 - Green Card received.

ROC                                                                                             N-400

02/18/2019 - I-751 sent                                              09/18/2020 - Submit Online     

02/25/2019 - USPS Delivered Docs                          09/20/2020 - USCIS receipt email

03/06/2019 - Check electronically processed.       01/04/2021 - Biometrics

03/08/2019 - NOA1 received                                     02/18/2021 - Interview Scheduled

09/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment                    02/18/2021 - Passed

01/06/2020 - New Card is Being Produced            03/04/2021 - Oath Taking

01/09/2020 - Case Approved

01/14/2020 - Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've been searching the net for a while to try and figure out what ObamaCare is and if maybe I can get the insurance, but all I find is looooong texts about fees for not having an insurance. Is ObamaCare actually an insurance or is it just a fee? It's very confusing, if anyone has any good links to share I'd very much appreciate it.

Or if anyone has any advice on health insurance for someone arriving on a K-1.

We just bought insurance for my boy and I from we arrive to a few days after we are married :) I'll send you a link when I'm on from my computer instead of my phone :)

Timeline

Thank you all for help with the insurance issue. I will need one that will last even after the wedding (or if I maybe have to change to another then). We have our own company so I won't be able to be added to his insurance as you would with a "regular" job, I think.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you. I will let her know.

I greatly appreciate all the info you guys have provided in this forum.

thank you so much

I had my medical in Stockholm this Wednesday, so chiming in with more info! I have attached the file I received when I asked about what vaccinations I'd need. The flu one is only needed during flu season, so don't worry about that one. You need to have received the tetanus/diphtheria one in the last ten years, and you need to have received two rounds of MMR. (The second one is usually done at school when you're ten or eleven or so. I dunno if I got one, but if I did, it wasn't put down in my vaccination card, so I ended up having to get one.)

ALSO, if you have any mental health issues, be aware that you need to provide information about that as well. I brought a list of the medication I've got prescribed, among those an SSRI against anxiety and I was grilled a good bit about this. In the end the physician told me he needed a certificate in English from my GP with

1. diagnosis

2. analysis (I believe the note says... classic doctor's handwriting!)

3. treatment

4. prognosis

Basically just to show that I'm not a threat to myself or anyone else. This may not be relevant for you, but maybe it helps someone else to know?

post-220909-0-91933600-1466334759_thumb.jpg

Edited by trellis

Timeline

Hey guys.

Me and my bf are going through a massive crisis and at this point I don't know if we'll go through with our visa application. Things are up in the air. I was wondering if anyone knows how it would affect our chances of re-applying in the future if we decide not to follow through with it at this point in time? We've been approved and are currently waiting for our case to reach the embassy, but no appointments have been made.

From what I understand the validity date on our NOA2 indicates when the approval will expire, meaning we would have to re-apply once that date comes around if we haven't taken steps to further our application. Is this correct?

Timeline

Hey guys.

Me and my bf are going through a massive crisis and at this point I don't know if we'll go through with our visa application. Things are up in the air. I was wondering if anyone knows how it would affect our chances of re-applying in the future if we decide not to follow through with it at this point in time? We've been approved and are currently waiting for our case to reach the embassy, but no appointments have been made.

From what I understand the validity date on our NOA2 indicates when the approval will expire, meaning we would have to re-apply once that date comes around if we haven't taken steps to further our application. Is this correct?

You should contact the embassy and tell them you won't pursue the visa because some embassies automatically renew the expiration date of the application. You should not have any issues re-applying in the future though it might be something that will come up during interview.

Timeline

If the approval hasn't expired by the time you decide to continue with the K-1 there's no reason to refile, it's still valid. You don't have to wait for it to expire and then refile. I think you can also extend the validity of the approval in case needed.

Timeline

If the approval hasn't expired by the time you decide to continue with the K-1 there's no reason to refile, it's still valid. You don't have to wait for it to expire and then refile. I think you can also extend the validity of the approval in case needed.

Yes forgot to mention that is also a good option. (Too early for VJ) So contact the embassy and see how long you can extend it.

Hope everything works out for the two of you!

Timeline

Yes forgot to mention that is also a good option. (Too early for VJ) So contact the embassy and see how long you can extend it.

Hope everything works out for the two of you!

That's great to know. Thank you for your help and encouragement, guys. I'm hoping things work out for the best.

Timeline

Me too, I'm holding my thumbs for you guys. :D

Timeline

Arnaia that's terrible to hear. I can imagine the whole visa process and being apart do not make things any easier. Regardless, I hope you figure out what's really best for the both of you!

On another note: I'm wondering if there's anyone of you who have a good estimate that you can give on how long it takes between the time that the embassy in Stockholm has received a case from the NVC, to the time when me and my fiancée should be expecting an email from them? If I know that it's going to take a few weeks, then I could let my mind be at ease for a little bit. :)

Edited by JBDA

February 15th: Submitted I-129f.

February 19th: Electronic NOA1

February 23rd: Hardcopy NOA1

April 22nd: RFE

April 23rd: Submitted RFE response

April 28th: RFE received by USCIS

May 19th: Approved. Electronic NOA2

May 24th: Hardcopy NOA2

June 8th: NVC receive case

June 10th: NVC assign case number

June 17th: E-mail from US embassy in Stockholm

June 20th: Discover that J1 visa 2-year home residency rule not fulfilled. Filing for waiver of the 2-year rule.

June 30th: Sent documents for 2-year rule waiver to the Waiver Review Division at the Department of State.

June 30th: Sent documents to Swedish Embassy in Washington D.C. for No Objection Statement regarding 2-year rule.

July 6th: Medical examination in Stockholm.

---> July 14th: Interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm. Approved. Waiver for 2-year rule required before visa can be handed out.

Timeline

Arnaia that's terrible to hear. I can imagine the whole visa process and being apart do not make things any easier. Regardless, I hope you figure out what's really best for the both of you!

On another note: I'm wondering if there's anyone of you who have a good estimate that you can give on how long it takes between the time that the embassy in Stockholm has received a case from the NVC, to the time when me and my fiancée should be expecting an email from them? If I know that it's going to take a few weeks, then I could let my mind be at ease for a little bit. :)

Usually about a day or two after unless it's there weekend or holiday in either country.

Timeline

I had my medical in Stockholm this Wednesday, so chiming in with more info! I have attached the file I received when I asked about what vaccinations I'd need. The flu one is only needed during flu season, so don't worry about that one. You need to have received the tetanus/diphtheria one in the last ten years, and you need to have received two rounds of MMR. (The second one is usually done at school when you're ten or eleven or so. I dunno if I got one, but if I did, it wasn't put down in my vaccination card, so I ended up having to get one.)

ALSO, if you have any mental health issues, be aware that you need to provide information about that as well. I brought a list of the medication I've got prescribed, among those an SSRI against anxiety and I was grilled a good bit about this. In the end the physician told me he needed a certificate in English from my GP with

1. diagnosis

2. analysis (I believe the note says... classic doctor's handwriting!)

3. treatment

4. prognosis

Basically just to show that I'm not a threat to myself or anyone else. This may not be relevant for you, but maybe it helps someone else to know?

Thank you so much. I'll pass this info along to my fiancé.

K1 Visa                                                                                   AOS

03/28/2016 - I-129F Sent                                  02/10/2017 -  AOS/EAD/AP Application Sent

04/14/2016 - NOA1 Received                             02/21/2017 -  NOA 1 - email received

06/17/2016 - Approved                                     03/15/2017 -  Infopass Scheduled

06/24/2016 - NOA 2 Received                            03/15/2017 - Biometrics Done

09/14/2016 - Medical                                                   04/06/2017 - "Ready to Schedule for Interview"

09/29/2016 - Interview! APPROVED                     04/20/2017 - AP - approved

10/03/2016 - Visa Received                               05/09/2017 - EAD/AP card received

12/31/2016 - Wedding.                                    05/15/2017 - AOS interview - Approved!

05/15/2017 - New Card is Being Produced

05/23/2017 - Green Card received.

ROC                                                                                             N-400

02/18/2019 - I-751 sent                                              09/18/2020 - Submit Online     

02/25/2019 - USPS Delivered Docs                          09/20/2020 - USCIS receipt email

03/06/2019 - Check electronically processed.       01/04/2021 - Biometrics

03/08/2019 - NOA1 received                                     02/18/2021 - Interview Scheduled

09/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment                    02/18/2021 - Passed

01/06/2020 - New Card is Being Produced            03/04/2021 - Oath Taking

01/09/2020 - Case Approved

01/14/2020 - Card Received

Timeline

Usually about a day or two after unless it's there weekend or holiday in either country.

And today it arrived!

Unfortunately I learned today that my previous J-1 visa is going to cause trouble. It comes with a 2-year home residency rule, which I have not yet fulfilled. That wouldn't be until the end of November, at the earliest. Luckily I should be able to waive it with the help of the Swedish embassy in Washington DC, but that looks like a ~2 month process. I should have known before that the 2-year home residency rule applies to the K-1 visa as well, and not only the J-1 visa.

If I showed up at the embassy for the interview and explained that I have filed for a waiver of the 2-year home residency rule, would they keep my visa application on hold until I can present them the waiver? Or is it likely they would deny the visa and have us start all over again?

February 15th: Submitted I-129f.

February 19th: Electronic NOA1

February 23rd: Hardcopy NOA1

April 22nd: RFE

April 23rd: Submitted RFE response

April 28th: RFE received by USCIS

May 19th: Approved. Electronic NOA2

May 24th: Hardcopy NOA2

June 8th: NVC receive case

June 10th: NVC assign case number

June 17th: E-mail from US embassy in Stockholm

June 20th: Discover that J1 visa 2-year home residency rule not fulfilled. Filing for waiver of the 2-year rule.

June 30th: Sent documents for 2-year rule waiver to the Waiver Review Division at the Department of State.

June 30th: Sent documents to Swedish Embassy in Washington D.C. for No Objection Statement regarding 2-year rule.

July 6th: Medical examination in Stockholm.

---> July 14th: Interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm. Approved. Waiver for 2-year rule required before visa can be handed out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.