SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That's great! I'm curious the state that doesn't have a system to send them out though. We needed my American divorce decree for my CR1 and I requested multiple copies from a state I hadn't lived in in years. Neither of us were even in the state when the divorce was finalized as we filed notices of non-appearance, so it would be really inconvenient not being able to get it from afar. I also needed a copy to get married.

Before I knew that my husband found the decree I recieved a link from a kind soul were a usc can get a hold of divorce decrees:

http://www.vitalrec.com/divorce.html

My husband got married and divorced In Georgia and when he contacted the office by phone they said they couldnt help. But try using the link that was suggested to me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Before I knew that my husband found the decree I recieved a link from a kind soul were a usc can get a hold of divorce decrees:

http://www.vitalrec.com/divorce.html

My husband got married and divorced In Georgia and when he contacted the office by phone they said they couldnt help. But try using the link that was suggested to me.

You misunderstood, I have my divorce decree, we've been in America for years now. The state I was divorced it, Colorado, has a really simple online ordering system. I was simply curious if there was a state that wouldn't give them out and also curious how you got married without a divorce decree from the previous marriage.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

You misunderstood, I have my divorce decree, we've been in America for years now. The state I was divorced it, Colorado, has a really simple online ordering system. I was simply curious if there was a state that wouldn't give them out and also curious how you got married without a divorce decree from the previous marriage.

Oh ok. Well Sweden didn´t accept the US divorce decree since it´s a copy. So we had to have a notorized letter stating that we couldn´t get an original since the system in the US doesn´t work that way. In this letter it was also stated where the divorce took place along with names and dates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello all,

I was wondering how long it takes for the medical examination papers to be sent to the Embassy? I was hoping we can get my fiancées medical exam done on a Monday or Tuesday and then go to the Interview in Sweden on the Thursday. Thanks for any help!

Timeline

Hello all,

I was wondering how long it takes for the medical examination papers to be sent to the Embassy? I was hoping we can get my fiancées medical exam done on a Monday or Tuesday and then go to the Interview in Sweden on the Thursday. Thanks for any help!

It takes about 10 days if the medical is done in Sweden. Since you're in Norway, I would think even longer that. If they don't have the medical in time for the interview, they'll issue a 221(g) and then issue the visa once the medical has been received.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Hello all,

Denmark they want it 11 weekdays before the interview. You have to think about that they take a bloodtest and the result from that one also have to get back to them and so on and papers gathered from all the medical and x-ray before they ship it to Stockholm.

Timeline

Hello all,

KAL-klinikken only used two days before they sent my papers to the embassy, they will email you when they do.

However, i do not know how long it takes until they are actually there, i know you have to pay double the amount for them to send it with express mail.

Timeline

Hello all,

Btw, they only offer appointments Tuesdays and Wednesdays :-)

Hello all,

Btw, they only offer appointments Tuesdays and Wednesdays :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've been searching the net for a while to try and figure out what ObamaCare is and if maybe I can get the insurance, but all I find is looooong texts about fees for not having an insurance. Is ObamaCare actually an insurance or is it just a fee? It's very confusing, if anyone has any good links to share I'd very much appreciate it.

Or if anyone has any advice on health insurance for someone arriving on a K-1.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

I've been searching the net for a while to try and figure out what ObamaCare is and if maybe I can get the insurance, but all I find is looooong texts about fees for not having an insurance. Is ObamaCare actually an insurance or is it just a fee? It's very confusing, if anyone has any good links to share I'd very much appreciate it.

Obamacare is basically a tax subsidy based on income that is put towards the cost of insurance. You can find calculators online for how much that would be for your family income. Depending on your income you might pay nothing towards health insurance all the way up to the full cost for it. Your state's website will give more info too. If you don not have insurance, you will be assessed a penalty come tax time.

Maybe someone can chime in on K1 eligibility. I know LPRs are eligible, but don't have any experience before that.

We used obamacare on the CT exchange for less than a year. Our subsidy covered the full cost of the LPR's insurance. The USC's we had to pay out of pocket, but that was a weird thing that won't apply to you. It was great and even ended up covering our super expensive fertility treatments and testing. We live in MN now and are pay premiums towards a state program for people who make too much money for medicaid. The state's exchange guides you as to which program you might be eligible for.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

i n s u b u y.com (VJ blocks the real address) has insurance for people arriving on different visa's. I used this until I could be added on my husband's health insurance after we got married. So that could be a good option until you find something more permanent.

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Where can I get the information regarding the Medical Exam and list of Vaccinations needed before the Interview at the US embassy in Stockholm?

I wanted my fiance to get the vaccinations first using her work medical insurance and then she can schedule her medical exam.

Also, which link online where we can pay the medical exam fees.

Thank you so much

K1 Visa                                                                                   AOS

03/28/2016 - I-129F Sent                                  02/10/2017 -  AOS/EAD/AP Application Sent

04/14/2016 - NOA1 Received                             02/21/2017 -  NOA 1 - email received

06/17/2016 - Approved                                     03/15/2017 -  Infopass Scheduled

06/24/2016 - NOA 2 Received                            03/15/2017 - Biometrics Done

09/14/2016 - Medical                                                   04/06/2017 - "Ready to Schedule for Interview"

09/29/2016 - Interview! APPROVED                     04/20/2017 - AP - approved

10/03/2016 - Visa Received                               05/09/2017 - EAD/AP card received

12/31/2016 - Wedding.                                    05/15/2017 - AOS interview - Approved!

05/15/2017 - New Card is Being Produced

05/23/2017 - Green Card received.

ROC                                                                                             N-400

02/18/2019 - I-751 sent                                              09/18/2020 - Submit Online     

02/25/2019 - USPS Delivered Docs                          09/20/2020 - USCIS receipt email

03/06/2019 - Check electronically processed.       01/04/2021 - Biometrics

03/08/2019 - NOA1 received                                     02/18/2021 - Interview Scheduled

09/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment                    02/18/2021 - Passed

01/06/2020 - New Card is Being Produced            03/04/2021 - Oath Taking

01/09/2020 - Case Approved

01/14/2020 - Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Where can I get the information regarding the Medical Exam and list of Vaccinations needed before the Interview at the US embassy in Stockholm?

I wanted my fiance to get the vaccinations first using her work medical insurance and then she can schedule her medical exam.

Also, which link online where we can pay the medical exam fees.

Thank you so much

If you are really going to do your interview in Stockholm you should update your profile as it says your in Guam. It will be easier if we know in what country you are as both Sweden, Norway and Denmark do their interview in Stockholm.

You will most likely need a tetanus shot, you will need to prove that you've had chickenpox or get vaccinated against that too. You might have to get the flu vaccine depending on the season.

There is no link online to pay medical exam fees, at least not in Sweden. You pay it at the clinic and x-ray facility.

Timeline

If you are really going to do your interview in Stockholm you should update your profile as it says your in Guam. It will be easier if we know in what country you are as both Sweden, Norway and Denmark do their interview in Stockholm.

You will most likely need a tetanus shot, you will need to prove that you've had chickenpox or get vaccinated against that too. You might have to get the flu vaccine depending on the season.

There is no link online to pay medical exam fees, at least not in Sweden. You pay it at the clinic and x-ray facility.

Thank you for your quick reply. Sorry about the confusion about my profile.

Anyway, so my fiance will just use any of these clinics?

Stockholm

Dr. Jan Arlestig

Sibyllekliniken

Karlavägen 56

114 49 Stockholm

Tel: 08-662 81 00

Phone hours Monday - Thursday 09.00 - 17.00

Email: info@sibyllekliniken.se

Göteborg

Dr. Einar Persson

Kungsportsläkarna

Kungsportsavenyn 10

400 10 Göteborg

Tel: 031-339 99 70

*IMPORTANT*: Only does this type of appointments on Thursdays

Does she need to get all these vaccinations?

*Mumps

*Measles

*Rubella

Human Papillomavirus (HPV

Meningococcal

*Polio

Pertussis

Rotavirus

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

*Varicella

Zoster Influenza type b (Hib)

Or only Tetanus, Chickenpox and Flu like you mentioned?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want her to get these vaccinations done prior to the medical exam.

K1 Visa                                                                                   AOS

03/28/2016 - I-129F Sent                                  02/10/2017 -  AOS/EAD/AP Application Sent

04/14/2016 - NOA1 Received                             02/21/2017 -  NOA 1 - email received

06/17/2016 - Approved                                     03/15/2017 -  Infopass Scheduled

06/24/2016 - NOA 2 Received                            03/15/2017 - Biometrics Done

09/14/2016 - Medical                                                   04/06/2017 - "Ready to Schedule for Interview"

09/29/2016 - Interview! APPROVED                     04/20/2017 - AP - approved

10/03/2016 - Visa Received                               05/09/2017 - EAD/AP card received

12/31/2016 - Wedding.                                    05/15/2017 - AOS interview - Approved!

05/15/2017 - New Card is Being Produced

05/23/2017 - Green Card received.

ROC                                                                                             N-400

02/18/2019 - I-751 sent                                              09/18/2020 - Submit Online     

02/25/2019 - USPS Delivered Docs                          09/20/2020 - USCIS receipt email

03/06/2019 - Check electronically processed.       01/04/2021 - Biometrics

03/08/2019 - NOA1 received                                     02/18/2021 - Interview Scheduled

09/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment                    02/18/2021 - Passed

01/06/2020 - New Card is Being Produced            03/04/2021 - Oath Taking

01/09/2020 - Case Approved

01/14/2020 - Card Received

Timeline

I believe the vaccines needed for an adult are the MMR, TD (tetanus, diptheria), chickenpox or oral confirmation of it as a child, and flu in season.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.