SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think I'm going to try and get it as excess luggage on the plane, seems to be cheaper (shockingly haha)

No I don't think so, plus with cargo you don't have to drag it around. I brought three suitcases with me on the plane and sent the rest with cargo. I paid around 8,000 SEK for eight boxes and two suitcases with Travel Cargo. That included them picking it up and everything.

Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No it's not. I paid around 8,000 SEK for eight boxes and two suitcases with Travel Cargo. That included them picking it up and everything.

Yeah I paid like 200 SEK for excess luggage fee...

Timeline

Yeah I paid like 200 SEK for excess luggage fee...

Guess it depends who you fly with and how much excess you have. You paid 200 SEK for an extra 25-30 kg suitcases?!

Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Embassy Stage

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

Timeline

That was cheap!!! With what airline?

Guess it depends who you fly with and how much excess you have. You paid 200 SEK for an extra 25-30 kg suitcases?!

Icelandair. They allow 2 bags and one of mine was too heavy but I forgot how much heavy. When i get off work I can check. Wouldn't surprise me if I wrote it in my blog.

Timeline

Icelandair. They allow 2 bags and one of mine was too heavy but I forgot how much heavy. When i get off work I can check. Wouldn't surprise me if I wrote it in my blog.

Oh it was probably because you only had some extra kilos. I looked on their website and Icelandair charge 1,228 SEK for one extra suitcase of 23 kg. It's around the same as the other airlines. For people who need to bring at least 50 kg extra of boxes or suitcases, cargo's gonna be cheaper.

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy Stage

In the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I brought extra bags (on top of the 2 per person IcelandAir gave us) and a bicycle and trailer and it was really cheap. It was a while ago so I'm sure the prices have changed. Be aware that if you flight starts with another carrier other than Iceland Air (like SAS), their baggage rules apply.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Yeah iceland air dont fly to Atlanta:)

It is inconvenient but in order to fly with them back to Denmark this summer and not have any connections or anything with SAS, we are driving over 5 hours away to an airport and then flying into the further away CPH rather than Billund.

Only Delta flies into our local airport so we are kind of limited by that.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

It is inconvenient but in order to fly with them back to Denmark this summer and not have any connections or anything with SAS, we are driving over 5 hours away to an airport and then flying into the further away CPH rather than Billund.

Only Delta flies into our local airport so we are kind of limited by that.

We want to fly with delta and always fly from Billund it's cheapest ;) ... This time it looks like it will be with klm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello! I just have a quick question. My fiancee and I have filed for the I129F visa, and are waiting to schedule the interview. While we're waiting I've decided to travel to see her. I've traveled twice to Norway since December, and I only have 14 days left under the Visa Waiver Program. Since I've traveled so much and have only 14 days lefts (I have a return trip that equals 13 days), will I run into any problems with CBP or anything of the like? Thank you for your help!

Timeline

We want to fly with delta and always fly from Billund it's cheapest ;) ... This time it looks like it will be with klm

I don't mind Delta, but they were like $600 or 800 more per ticket and there are 4 of us traveling, so that adds up quickly! I like KLM too and I love listening to the Dutch, it is like being with my grandmother again. :)

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I don't mind Delta, but they were like $600 or 800 more per ticket and there are 4 of us traveling, so that adds up quickly! I like KLM too and I love listening to the Dutch, it is like being with my grandmother again. :)

I fly with KLM around Europe and when I go to the US I always get put on Delta flights automatically, KLM from Gothenburg to Amsterdam and then Delta from Amsterdam to Portland. Decided to sign up for Delta's frequent flyer program now since I'll be using it more!

Weirdly it's cheaper to book return flights, I got a return ticket for $815 and it was $1675 for a single!

Timeline

Hello! I just have a quick question. My fiancee and I have filed for the I129F visa, and are waiting to schedule the interview. While we're waiting I've decided to travel to see her. I've traveled twice to Norway since December, and I only have 14 days left under the Visa Waiver Program. Since I've traveled so much and have only 14 days lefts (I have a return trip that equals 13 days), will I run into any problems with CBP or anything of the like? Thank you for your help!

What do you mean you only have 14 days left? You're allowed to be in the US for 90 days each visit. Just make sure you spend more time outside the US than in the US.

Timeline

I fly with KLM around Europe and when I go to the US I always get put on Delta flights automatically, KLM from Gothenburg to Amsterdam and then Delta from Amsterdam to Portland. Decided to sign up for Delta's frequent flyer program now since I'll be using it more!

Weirdly it's cheaper to book return flights, I got a return ticket for $815 and it was $1675 for a single!

It's because it's more convenient for the airlines and their scheduling system if they can encourage people to fly round-trip with them. They can better predict how many people they will have on their flights and figure out staffing etc for that flight.

Edited by Maria&Seve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.