SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Hello everyone and happy holidays!

It's been a few hectic weeks! Our "deadline" is sometime around Febuary 20th (I can't remember the exact date), and I'm hoping and praying that we will get the interview done before then.
Today I finally received the last two things needed for me to schedule the interview; the police certificate and the affidavit of support that my fiance sent me (thanks to Christmas, that took waay longer than it should've!)

So, I'm ready to schedule the interview, but I'm already stuck on the first thing that pops up.. Haha.

"Step 1: Select whether you are applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa or an Immigrant Visa."

The email that I received with the checklist mentions that the K-1 is a "nonimmigrant visa" and my fiance says it should be interpreted as an immigrant visa and therefore I should check that option. Which is right?! I'm inclined to trust my fiance, but I would prefer to not screw it up the first thing I do :P I'm sorry it's such a silly question.. I feel quite dumb over here >.<

Edited by Feeya

I-751 sent: 08/09/18 @ CSC
I-751 received: 09/21/18 @ AZ

Check cashed: 09/25/18 @ AZ

I-751 NOA1 received: 11/19/18 @ TSC (SRC)

Biometrics apppointment date: waived 04/15/19
Case approved: 09/19/19 (no interview)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi

This may not hold 100%

But i made a spreadsheet for STK - Stockholm https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wTiKycwK3y5uvvSLww6Dk95Yt-sqVx-BqHEuixlbkzE/edit?usp=sharing

From last time to now the time used from scan-date to CC is up with 4 days.

Last time i only used 32 cases.

This time its 58 cases from end Oct to now.

Have a good day

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello everyone and happy holidays!

It's been a few hectic weeks! Our "deadline" is sometime around Febuary 20th (I can't remember the exact date), and I'm hoping and praying that we will get the interview done before then.

Today I finally received the last two things needed for me to schedule the interview; the police certificate and the affidavit of support that my fiance sent me (thanks to Christmas, that took waay longer than it should've!)

So, I'm ready to schedule the interview, but I'm already stuck on the first thing that pops up.. Haha.

"Step 1: Select whether you are applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa or an Immigrant Visa."

The email that I received with the checklist mentions that the K-1 is a "nonimmigrant visa" and my fiance says it should be interpreted as an immigrant visa and therefore I should check that option. Which is right?! I'm inclined to trust my fiance, but I would prefer to not screw it up the first thing I do :P I'm sorry it's such a silly question.. I feel quite dumb over here >.<

K1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa with immigration intent. You should pick immigrant visa :) If you read the last part of the checklist email it tells you to be stand in the immigrant visa line outside the embassy on the day of your interview.

K1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa with immigration intent. You should pick immigrant visa :) If you read the last part of the checklist email it tells you to be stand in the immigrant visa line outside the embassy on the day of your interview.

Oh! Thank you for the quick response :)

I'll have to wait with scheduling my interview, as my fiance is out on a fishing trip until tomorrow. He insisted he pay for this, as there are sooo many other things I've been paying for lately; for example, 5000 Swedish kronor medical exam and the trip there, ugh! And I have yet to get the results from the blood test I did, to find out what vaccinations I may be missing (my records were somewhat unclear in some areas), so there's more to pay. But at least I got to see that the first available appointment is January 28th, so I feel I can breathe a little easier now ^_^ We should be good!

Does anyone happen to know if, when you get vaccinations done at your local health care center, you will be able to get the proof of it in English? I assume I'll need it translated, if not?

Timeline

Oh! Thank you for the quick response :)

I'll have to wait with scheduling my interview, as my fiance is out on a fishing trip until tomorrow. He insisted he pay for this, as there are sooo many other things I've been paying for lately; for example, 5000 Swedish kronor medical exam and the trip there, ugh! And I have yet to get the results from the blood test I did, to find out what vaccinations I may be missing (my records were somewhat unclear in some areas), so there's more to pay. But at least I got to see that the first available appointment is January 28th, so I feel I can breathe a little easier now ^_^ We should be good!

Does anyone happen to know if, when you get vaccinations done at your local health care center, you will be able to get the proof of it in English? I assume I'll need it translated, if not?

No you don't need it translated. The clinic that does your medical will write the vaccines in English on the forms they fill in that they will send to the embassy. You should compare the price of vaccines of the health care center you go to and the clinic that will do your medical. I did the mistake of not doing so and realized I would have gotten them much cheaper at the medical then at the place I got them. I kind of assumed that a clinic in Stockholm would have awful prices but they were actually sensible...

No you don't need it translated. The clinic that does your medical will write the vaccines in English on the forms they fill in that they will send to the embassy. You should compare the price of vaccines of the health care center you go to and the clinic that will do your medical. I did the mistake of not doing so and realized I would have gotten them much cheaper at the medical then at the place I got them. I kind of assumed that a clinic in Stockholm would have awful prices but they were actually sensible...

I had my medical exam done December 22nd and all I got was a flu shot, haha. See, my vaccination records were empty in places where I should've been given some vaccinations (age 12 for example), so the doctor wanted to see if there were any traces of it in my blood instead of making a wild guess. I was told to get the additional ones I potentially missing at a later date, at a local health care center, but I was not really informed of how to go about it after that. What I know is that they would notify me of the blood test results, in about 2 weeks time, through email and then inform me of what vaccinations I still need. I could always ask them how to go about it whenever the test results are in :) I'm sure they're used to a lot of questions concerning this whole process :P

Timeline

I had my medical exam done December 22nd and all I got was a flu shot, haha. See, my vaccination records were empty in places where I should've been given some vaccinations (age 12 for example), so the doctor wanted to see if there were any traces of it in my blood instead of making a wild guess. I was told to get the additional ones I potentially missing at a later date, at a local health care center, but I was not really informed of how to go about it after that. What I know is that they would notify me of the blood test results, in about 2 weeks time, through email and then inform me of what vaccinations I still need. I could always ask them how to go about it whenever the test results are in :) I'm sure they're used to a lot of questions concerning this whole process :P

Oh okay I see :) Well the clinic would still have to fill in that you have received them so they would put it down in English. And if you would like to have your vaccination records (the ones you get from the health clinic) in English for your own records when you live in the US you can always ask them to write them down in English.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If I remember correctly you could choose to have your medical done in either Göteborg or Stockholm, has anyone here done it in Göteborg? If so, what are your experiences of that clinic? Can you do both the chest x-rays and the medical in the same place?

//Janni

love4.gif One day, we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.
12/21/2015 i-129f packet sent
12/28/2015 delivery confirmation
01/04/2016 NOA1 email & sms
01/08/2016 NOA1 hard copy

Timeline

A second question, in the check-list of what I need to bring to the interview it says "MILITARY RECORDS: A certified copy of any military record is required, either stating that the military service has been completed, or that the applicant is exempt from serving.". I have never had anything to do with the military what so ever - am I still supposed to bring some kind of paper regarding this? If so, where do I get this stuff? :o

//Janni

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

A second question, in the check-list of what I need to bring to the interview it says "MILITARY RECORDS: A certified copy of any military record is required, either stating that the military service has been completed, or that the applicant is exempt from serving.". I have never had anything to do with the military what so ever - am I still supposed to bring some kind of paper regarding this? If so, where do I get this stuff? :o

//Janni

In Norway you can contact Vernepliktsverket for a statement saying you are exempt. I guess there is something like that on Sweden also?

Timeline

If you've never been in the military you don't have to bring anything. Military service is voluntary in Sweden now days so you don't have to show them you didn't do it.

Timeline

All you guys in here moving over to the US, did ya'll know that you must sign up for selective service when you get here if you are between 18 and 25?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi

This may not hold 100%

But i made a spreadsheet for STK - Stockholm https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wTiKycwK3y5uvvSLww6Dk95Yt-sqVx-BqHEuixlbkzE/edit?usp=sharing

From last time to now the time used from scan-date to CC is up with 4 days.

Last time i only used 32 cases.

This time its 58 cases from end Oct to now.

Have a good day

Where do you get the statistics from again? It's just that I've never heard of anyone going from scan date to case complete in less than 20 days. Most do it around 30 days. The fastest I ever heard of was 13 days and that was for an expedited case.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Good, another thing I can remove from the checklist then. Thank you, Maria.

Alaska, I had no idea about that. I'm way too old for that anyway though. :o

Edited by Mick & Janni

Timeline

Good, another thing I can remove from the checklist then. Thank you, Maria.

Alaska, I had no idea about that. I'm way too old for that anyway though. :o

And you're a woman too right? So it doesn't apply to you, only men have to do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.